What's the point of all the this lovey dovey crap?
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

What's the point of all the this lovey dovey crap? Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

What's the point of all the this lovey dovey crap?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What's the point of all the this lovey dovey crap? Empty What's the point of all the this lovey dovey crap?

Post by Katie Knight Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:06 am

Ugh.... Valentines Day, Katie didn't know what was so special about this stupid day, it was just another day. But then again she never been in love let alone had a boyfriend before son she really didn't get what all the fuss abiut this day was. All Katie knew there were girls talking about what there boyfriends were getting them or what they were doing tonight. But deep down, Katie couldn't help not to feel somewhat jealous that girls were getting gifts and being held by there boyfriends. It was something that Katie wanted, not the present thing, but someone holding her

"Ugh... stop it Katie, it's not that big of a deal!"Katie thought to herself scowling before shaking her head. "If it's not a big deal, why are you thinking about it?" a voice in her head asked. Katie knew who it was, it was her conscious speaking to her. "Ugh... shut up!"Katie told the voice in her head. "Ok, but you know I'm right even if you don't want to admit it!"said the voice back to her. "Damn conscious always thinking there right!"Katie thought to herself.

Walking through the crowded street of Hogsmeade, Katie walked through the crowded group of couples heading towards the sickly tea shop that was decorated for valentines Day. Katie almost gag at the sight of it as she walked passed it, it was to pink for her liking. Katie liked pink, but it much of it was a freaking over kill on the color of it. Speaking of pink, Katie was wearing a black shirt with pink flowers on it with pink flowers over it with black skinny jeans and black boots with a black jacket over it. It wasn't anything special, but it was a nice outfit and it was one of Katie's favorite outfits.

Katie was wondering aimlessly around Hogsmeade looking for things to do, her friends were out on dates with there boyfriends or guys who asked them out. Jeremy asked her out, but she turned him down. She didn't trust him quite yet, but she wasn't sure if she could trust other people as well. She had trusting issues, but it wasn't her fault, she just been hurt alot. Now she was walking through Hogsmeade alone, as the snow fell in her long curly brown hair.
Katie Knight
Katie Knight
Third Year Ravenclaw
Third Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 125

Back to top Go down

What's the point of all the this lovey dovey crap? Empty Re: What's the point of all the this lovey dovey crap?

Post by Rosanna Parker Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:55 am

Valentines day. Cupid had been asked by a few younger girls to be their dates and visit Hogsmede together. This was the first time the Slytherin had ever been asked before. Previous years Cupid had spent the days running up to the fourteenth of February dodging older Slytherins who knew his name. Cupid. How unfortunate that he had been born on Valentines Day, moreover how unfortunate that his Mother had decided to name him Cupid. Surely she would have predicted that it would be the pun of every romantic joke.

Things hadn't changed this year, his dorm mates had woken him by prodding him with a 'Cupids arrow', they'd stolen from a statue, and a high dose of pink confetti being sprinkled over his bedding. Laughing it off her had got up, dressed and spent the rest of the day enduring jokes. Some people asked him when he would be firing his arrow, acting the matchmaker, others had pointed out the irony he was single on the day of love whilst the two second years had asked him to be his date.

The only reason Cupid had been asked out was due to his rise in popularity since the Christmas party. Sure it was starting to die down, much to Cupids disappointment but today he prayed for Merlin to drop an invisibility cloak over him.

The Professors had cancelled the Friday afternoon classes so that people could spend time in Hogsmede. Cupid of course wanted to stay in the castle, hide in the library or stroll around the trophy room to remind him of his goals, his quest for fame and greatness. Unfortunately the Slytherin had found it difficult to escape the clutches of his sister who dragged him to Hogsmede with her date, a Gryffindor chaser. It was only once they were there the Ravenclaw shooed Cupid away where he soon wandered the village streets alone.

Every face he passed was smiling, pink with the cold, but happy. Hearts were popping out of their eyes whilst they walked hand in hand through the light breeze that whipped around the village. Why was he here? Why didn't he just head back to Hogwarts, get some homework done? More to the point why did the afternoon classes get cancelled just because it was valentines day? It was very unlike Hogwarts but with low moral among the students since the half breeds were banned Cupid wasn't surprised the Professors had decided to treat the students.

His thoughts soon escaped his head as he passed a familiar face, a face that wasn't in a state of romantic euphoria. Katie Knight was here, and alone. He hadn't spoken to her since Becca had informed him she'd had her memory wiped, Cupid hadn't wanted to cause anymore damage. Truth be told he missed her, he missed being her friend, he missed sneaking out of the castle late at night to sit by the lake with snacks from the kitchens.

After taking two more steps forwards Cupid paused. Why should he sit back and be alone on Valentines day? Why not spend it with Katie, ask her if she wanted to walk with him? It didn't have to be romantic, simply a friendship sort of thing, that's what Cupid wanted and for once he wasn't going to let an opportunity slip away from him.

Bolting round the Slytherin soon caught up to Katie, tapped her on the arm and said, 'Hey, Katie.' Oh God. Now what. Would she remember him? Hopefully the healers would have sorted her out, restored the forgotten memories - at least that's what Becca had ranted on to Cupid about what they should do, arguing erasing a persons memory is the worst sort of therapy they would have.
Rosanna Parker
Rosanna Parker

Number of posts : 181
Special Abilities : Apparation | Non-Verbal Magic

Back to top Go down

What's the point of all the this lovey dovey crap? Empty Re: What's the point of all the this lovey dovey crap?

Post by Katie Knight Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:15 am

Feeling a tap on her arm, Katie turned and came face to face with no other then Cupid Litherand. "Um... hi Cupid, long time no see."said Katie softly. Seeing him alone, Katie looked at him confused. "Where are your friends at?"Katie asked him softly as she brushed some hair out of her eyes. "Not that I'm glad to see you."Katie added quickly. "It's just the last time we saw each other we were at each other throats. "said Katie softly. "I know you probably gave up on me, and I honestly don't blame you, I wasn't the best to be around. "said Katie honestly.

"You know, you don't have to hang out with me I'm quite used to being alone."said Katie softly. "If you want to then it's fine, I was going to head to Honeydukes."said Katie. Katie missed hanging with Cupid, she missed there late nights they spent at the lake taking and laughing about things. "So... um... how you been?"Katie asked him softly. "Come on lets go to Honeydukes, I'm freezing out here!"said Katie honestly before chuckling.

Katie was back to her old ways that she was before the accident, she was bubbly and care free and loved adventures and reading. "Oh.. by the way, Happy Birthday!"said Katie smiling at him. "I didn't know if I was going to see you or not, but I got you a present. "said Katie digging into her jacket for it. "I know it's not much, I gotten it done before Christmas, but I wasn't able to give it to you."said Katie softly. It was half a heart necklace, that connected with the other half of hers that made a full heart. It simply said 'Katie & Cupid' while her other half said 'best friends forever'.

"If you don't like it, I can always take it back and get something different. "said Katie. "But as you probably know, I got the other half."said Katie softly. "I know it's probably a bit girly, but I'm a girly!"said Katie chuckling. "Anyways you coming are you going to stand there Mr. Litherland?"Katie asked him laughing.

Walking into Honeydukes the warm air hit her face before she grabbed a basket before skipping over towards the Chocolate frogs. Taking a handful she tossed them into the basket before she opened one of them and took a bite of it. "Mmm... chocolate frogs are ao good!"said Katie smiling. It been awhile since Katie had some real fun with Cupid, he actually missed hanging with him. He was fun to be with, he always knew how to make her laugh when she was upset or had a bad day.

Of course it was Valentines Day, and people were walking around in couples, but who said two friends couldn't enjoy a day in Hogsmeade together? "Um... Cupid aren't you afraid people will assume were a couple and it's Valentines Day?"Katie asked him softly but curiously. They were best friends, but Katie didn't want people getting the wrong ideas. "You know what? Who cares were best friends, who says you have to spend Valentines Day as a couple?"Katie asked him. "Besides, its just not Valentines Day it's your birthday!"said Katie smiling at him.
Katie Knight
Katie Knight
Third Year Ravenclaw
Third Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosanna Parker Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:51 pm

'I didn't give up on you.' Cupid replied honestly, gazing into her brown eyes. At first his friends had partnered him with Katie, said they would one day be a couple - even his sister had hinted at it. Although for Cupid Katie wasn't his type, she was the girl everybody else thought was his type but for Cupid Katie hadn't quiet fitted into place. Besides, his main focus was fame and a romantic relationship would only complicate that.

Following Katie towards Honeydukes Cupid answered Katie's questions, at least she was talking to him - that had to be a plus. 'I've been okay, had a lot of the silly Cupid jokes as usual but nothing much has happened - Becca had her meeting with the Ministry about a prospective match although she hasn't said too much about that.' If it wasn't for Katie stopping him and remembering it was his birthday Cupid have rambled for hours, he didn't really mention personal stuff with many people due to the fact he didn't know who he could trust but Katie was one of those few the Slytherin could count on.

A grin spread across his face at the site of the necklaces. They weren't his taste, truth be told he probably wouldn't wear it around the common room or on show, not unless he wanted to get laughed at or heckled, but the gesture mean't more than anything to Cupid. Not only had Katie remembered it was his birthday the Ravenclaw had even gave him a present!

'You shouldn't have, Katie!.' Cupid gasped, secretly wishing it was a bit more masculine. 'I'm not going to lie, it is a bit girly but I'll wear it all the same. Thank you!' He added cheekily before taking one and fastening it around his neck, allowing it to hang over his school shirt that he hadn't changed out of. So what if people saw him wearing it now, chances are they'd forget owing the fact most people were too wrapped up in their own couple.

'They are good, oh look-' He responded pointing, 'They've got pink strawberry flavoured frogs for valentines day.' Picking them up he gazed down at the box before returning them to their shelf. 'Yuck. As if this day couldn't get anymore sickly what with all the heart shaped balloons in the great hall.'

Ever since he could remember valentines day, his birthday, had been one of his least favourite days. He never got to celebrate the way Becca did, in a normal environment, everybody was oh so loved up and the decorations were always overdone and too romantic-red on the eye.

'Let them think what they want.' Cupid said as he chucked a few sugar quills into a basket of his own that he too had picked up from by the door. 'Besides, I think everyone is too loved up to notice. So how have you been?' He asked.
Rosanna Parker
Rosanna Parker

Back to top Go down

Post by Katie Knight Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:51 am

"Of course I didn't bave to, but I wanted to!"said Katie honestly smiling at him. Katie chuckled at his reply. "I figured you would say that, like I said I can change it."said Katie. "But you know, I think hearts are your thing!"said Katie smirking at him. "So... younhad some Cupid jokes this morning huh, anyone asked if your dressing up seeing how your Cupid?"Katie asked him curiously. "I heard people were asking you to be matchmaker for them, must be annoying. "said Katie. "I don't know what's worse, you having a birthday on valentines day or my birthday being on St. Patricks day! Really what's the deal with people wearing green on that day?"Katie aaked annoyed.

Katie walked over towards the strawberry chocolate frogs and flinched at the sight of them. "Ugh... your telling me, I passed that stupid tea shop on my way here and I thought I was going to gag when I walked passed it!"said Katie honestly. "What's thw point of this day besides people sucking each other faces off?"Katie asked rolling her eyes. Katie didn't get what was so special about this stupid day, it was just another day. Maybe they were to young to understand the whole meaning of it.

Katie nodded and grabbed some sugar quills placing them in her basket. Katie bit her lip whe he asked how she was. "I been good, quidditch been brutal but fun and Potter's Army is just awesome, I made tons of friends there. "said Katie honestly. "Plus some people somehow knewwen I helped you with the Christmas party, so I gotten popular due to that!" said Katie smiling. "So.., after everything that you know happened, I'm back to my normal self. "said Katie. Katie was glad to be back to her normal self, she missed it.

"Here something you won't believe, Jeremy. apologized to me. "said Katke. "He said blah... blah.... he's sorry for hurting and bullying me. "said Katie. "I still don't trust him, to many bad things had happened cause of him."said Katie darkly. "Anyways on a happier note, thanks for not giving up on me Cupid."aaid Katie smiling at him. "Even when I wanted to give up on myself. "said Katie looking down.

"Ooh... I heard the ice rink is opened today, it's only couples only but who cares! You want to go skating?"Katie asked him. "Besides, do you honestly think everyone out there are couples?"Katie asked looking out towards the ice skating rink. Looking out Katie bit her lip. She seen Couples holding hands and snuggling against each other as they skated. "Um... maybe I was mistaken. "said Katie. "Ok... maybe not ice skating, unless you want to. "said Katie.

Katie Knight
Katie Knight
Third Year Ravenclaw
Third Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosanna Parker Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:26 pm

Cupid laughed. They really were a pair Cupid and Katie, both being born on 'special' days. Cupid would have been willing to trade for St Patricks Day, at least everyone was generally merry as opposed to infatuated by one another. Then again perhaps when he found love, if he found love, his birthday would be extra special? Then again he was called Cupid if it wasn't his friends making him the punch line it would surely be his children, if he had children of course. A life of fame was tough, only the most successful managed to juggle a family with their public affairs especially the job Cupid wanted: all round super hero, in short. He wanted to be known for daring adventures, save villages from burning down from a dragons breath. In all honesty he wasn't cut out for that, sure defense against the dark arts was his best subject but really the Slytherin would be much better suited for a job in music. The only flaw being music stars weren't almost as big as they were in the muggle world.

'You wouldn't believe the amount of match making I've had to do, I'll be needing some new arrows soon.' Cupid remarked with a witty tone. This year he'd decided to try and ignore it and if he couldn't then the only other solution was to join them. It wasn't exactly a lie he had been forced to make sure his sister accepted the Gryffindor chasers invitation, which was rather tough and most of the encouragement came from her quidditch friends urging her to 'get hers', something Cupid didn't like to picture in his mind.

For the rest of their time in honeydukes Cupid simply listened, he would reply once Katie was finished but the Slytherin didn't plan on stopping her flow of rapid conversation. It was true his fellow fifth year was back to her normal self. She was smiling, joking and even laughing. Cupid had missed this. Since the Christmas Party all the pair had done was bicker, contemplate who was to blame for what had happened and push responsibility on to each other. Moreover for Cupid there had been the whole drama surrounding the fact he had a half sister who Katie was friends with. Perhaps he'd bring that up, hopefully ask for some advice? Cupid wasn't exactly open about his deep problems, not to anyone less than a close friend anyway - even then there were a few who didn't know his most inner thoughts.

'You don't need Jeremy, Katie.' The Slytherin replied honestly before moving on from the subject. That Hufflepuff was one person Cupid didn't want to talk about, even think about. He wasn't worth the time of day after everything he'd put Katie through the past few months.

'I've never done ice skating.' Cupid replied honestly, every time he'd seen the rink with his family Becca had urged them to go somewhere warm like a library or museum and of course his Mother being the person she was felt that was a better option too. Handing the cashier the money for his sugar quills Cupid left the shop. 'So tell me about Potters Army, is it really as exciting as we believed?' If it was then perhaps the society was the step Cupid needed to pursue his path of greatness.
Rosanna Parker
Rosanna Parker

Back to top Go down

Post by Katie Knight Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:44 am

Katie laughed.  "Just be careful Cupid,  you don't want to get trampled for playing Mr . matchmaker. "said Katie in a witty voice.   Katie missed this, she missed playing around with him joking and cracking jokes. "I missed this Cupid,  I missed hanging out with you!"said Katie. "Ok... enough with the cheesy cliche scene,  we already have that around us!"said Katie chuckling.  "Wow... really, is E EVERY store decorated for Valentines Day?"Katie asked moving the heart floating in the air out of her way.

Katie nodded.  "Your right Cupid,  I don't need him at all."said Katie honestly.  Katie didn't want to talk about the prick,  if she did she would just become angry because of it. She honestly didn't want that,  she was happy with hanging with Cupid again.   Beisdes, she wouldn't give that prick the time of day and wouldn't waste her breath on him.  He'll always be a rude and arrogant prick in her opinion,  and nothing would change that.

Katie looked at him shocked.  "You never been ice skating?"Katie asked him softly but shocked.  "Then that means were going ice skating!"said Katie.  "Don't worry I'll teach you,  it's easy really!"said Katie. Katie nodded at his question. "Oh yeah it is Cupid,  it's fun dueling and meeting new people!"Katie.   "That's where I met my new friends,  and guess what? I can fully do the Patronus charm it's a form of a siberian tiger!"said Katie happily before paying for her things and following him out the door as the crowd of couples surrounded them.

"Come on Cupid,  lets head to the ice skating rink"said Katie grabbing his hand pulling him through the crazy crowd.  Ignoring the 'awes' and 'Oohs' as they went through the crowd Katie rolled her eyes.  Finally through the crowd Katie let go of Cupid's hand.  "Sorry for that,  I didn't want to lose you in the mad house that's around here."said Katie.  Brushing some hair out of her eyes,  Katie headed towards the counter to pay for her skates.
Katie Knight
Katie Knight
Third Year Ravenclaw
Third Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top