Magical Abilities Claims - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Magical Abilities Claims - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Magical Abilities Claims

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Magical Abilities Claims - Page 3 Empty Re: Magical Abilities Claims

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:24 am

Smile
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22721
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary Mist Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:06 pm

Hi Khaat I've cut out the bit about her Grandmother being as good as the Trelawny's and changed it to that she was merely 'trained' under Sybill's great grandmother but never was as recognised or as good as the Trelawnys.
Hope that's better Smile
Thanks
Mary Mist
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 53
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:40 am

yes. much better. thank you.

added.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:02 am

Thank you Smile
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 927
Special Abilities : Non-Verbal Magic, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett Watson Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:14 am

Name: Isabella Santiago
Ability Desired: Animangus/ Hawk
Level Desired: 2
Training: She trainned with her transfiguration teacher at Beauxbatons, then while she was with the CNI she trainned for the first 2 years with advanced trainners until she was flawless. She started training when she was 18. It took her 3 years to learn.
Brief RP: Iz was feeling energetic. At the CNI her ability was always needed. She was told to spy on various witches and wizards. Because none of the other agents weren't animagusis.
But she was no longer with the CNI. She missed them though. The feeling of always being in the action.
And she did wan't to check the ministry out. Owls flew around there ahe had heard. And a Hawk probabley would be ok...
Iz looked around then quickly changed and flew off. She soon arrived at the ministry. Flying aroynd she got some stares but barely any. Then she saw someone.
She flew then stopped at the door looking at them.
She looked at the door.
Minister of Magic
It read. So this was the minister of magic.
She stared at him then left flying back home then changing back.
This time it was rather pointless.
But maybe later ones wouldn't be.

Ability Desired: Memory Manipulation
Level Desired: Advanced
Training: She trainned with CNI wizarding branch for 5 years then quit. But everyday she trainned learning how to break through hard occlmency sheilds. Well everyday exept 3 kings day easter and christmas. Those were holidays. She trainned with masters in spain and would do it all day when she was not on a assiment. Which was about 7 days a month.
Brief RP: She had Finally tracked down the cultipt. After 3 weeks of solid work Iz had found the murderer. Not the biggist case she had done but a toughie. This guy was a metamorphagus, a wizard, someone with contacts, and multiple identites. But she had found him. This time she wasn't to kill. Only take him in. But if things got too nasty she was to kill. But with a gun. Iz really appreicated muggle methods sometimes.
She knocked on the door making sure her hand was near her bag.
"Hello Sir!" She said happily. "I thought you would like to know you have won the lottery! You will recive 2,000 gallons."
"Gallons? You aren't one of those spammer are you?" He asked, his voice rough.
"Oh no! I am in no way a scammer. I promise you. Now.."
"I've met you somewhere before."
"Maybe at the groccery market. I live around here you know."
"Wait how'd you know I lived here?"
"A friend of yours told us sir."
"I don't remember-"
"Trust me. They did. The wizarding world after all likes to keep track of their citizins sir."
"You're from the CNI. Only they would know that."
"I'm sorry sir. But I do not work with them. As I told you. I am here because you won th-"
"Back away now."
"Sir." I say. "Calm down. We do not want to kill or hurt you. Just serve 5 years. You killed someone by self defense. But you hirt other and used unforgivables. I promise. No dementors. We are spain. Not england."
"Back away now."
"Calm down sir." I take off my sun glasses and look him in the eyes.
Then I run.
"Excuse me miss." I say to a young girl. Do you think you could look me in the eyes?" She lifts her head up and stares me straight in the eyes. Then I erase the memory. I do this to about 30 more people getting rid of the memory of the attack and the killing. No wittniss. That's good. No wittniss. No mistakes.
(This is from her past)

Code:
[*] Isabella Santiago ([color=#008aff] Animanigus, Non Verbal Magic, Wandless Magic[/color])
Scarlett Watson
Beauxbatons Graduate
Beauxbatons Graduate

Special Abilities : Veela Charm | Animagus | Non-Verbal Magic | Wandless Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:29 am

Isabella,

I can live with the animagus, but I really do need you to set some limits on the occlumency. It is somewhat overpowered.

We do like to keep characters' abilities within a reasonable range for their age. At 30, it is unlikely she would be that advanced that she could perform that sort of magic at that high a level and for the prolonged period that you suggest in your request. No wizard would have that much power to be able to erase the memories of that many people alone, and certainly without the use of a wand.

The problem with having such advanced skills is that, while it sounds really fun to be so powerful, it really sharply limits your rp'ing possibilities b/c it makes your character untouchable in so many ways. It might be a nice fantasy, but in an rp, its a bit impractical if you want to really have fun with your character.

Having a character that has as many vulnerabilities as they do strengths makes your character more well rounded and more fun, not just for you but for other people to interact with.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett Watson Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:32 am

Ok!
Scarlett Watson
Beauxbatons Graduate
Beauxbatons Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett Watson Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:59 am

Can I reaply for this one?

Ability Desired: Animangus/ Hawk
Level Desired: 2
Training: She trainned with her transfiguration teacher at Beauxbatons, then while she was with the CNI she trainned for the first 2 years with advanced trainners until she was flawless. She started training when she was 18. It took her 3 years to learn.
Brief RP: Iz was feeling energetic. At the CNI her ability was always needed. She was told to spy on various witches and wizards. Because none of the other agents weren't animagusis.
But she was no longer with the CNI. She missed them though. The feeling of always being in the action.
And she did wan't to check the ministry out. Owls flew around there ahe had heard. And a Hawk probabley would be ok...
Iz looked around then quickly changed and flew off. She soon arrived at the ministry. Flying aroynd she got some stares but barely any. Then she saw someone.
She flew then stopped at the door looking at them.
She looked at the door.
Minister of Magic
It read. So this was the minister of magic.
She stared at him then left flying back home then changing back.
This time it was rather pointless.
But maybe later ones wouldn't be.

Code:
[*] Isabella Santiago ([color=#008aff] Animanigus, Non Verbal Magic, Wandless Magic[/color]
Scarlett Watson
Beauxbatons Graduate
Beauxbatons Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:20 am

alright. i'll accept it. adding!
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Nott Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:27 pm

[*]Alexander Nott (Apparition, Nonverbal Magic)
Alexander Nott
Alexander Nott
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 115
Special Abilities : Apparation, Non-Verbal Magic

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top