Magical Abilities v2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Magical Abilities v2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Magical Abilities v2

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Magical Abilities v2 Empty Magical Abilities v2

Post by Mariana Diggory Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:40 pm

There are no perfect characters, and no character has infinitely many powers and abilities with unmatched magical potential. At least not on PA that is. That is why, you will have to apply here to use specific abilities! Some of these abilities are canon, while others are made to suit PA.

You don’t have to register for all abilities of course, only special ones. Here are a list of abilities you can use whenever you want as long as you meet the requirements.

Now before I list old and new abilities some necessary changes were made so it would be more easier to track you all.

There have been listed levels for each ability. Three levels to be more specific: Beginner, Average and Advanced level. In theory you should know what level you are though if I consider you are inappropriate for one of the abilities I can always reject your application.
Beginner level is made for NEWT students. It resembles all people who do have this ability, but are not still able to control it which in simple words means they are still beginners with it.
Average level means you can control your ability better, but you didn't still manage to use all aspects on it and still sometimes have problems with controlling it.
Advanced level resembles all people that absolutely in every occasion they wish can handle this ability which is characteristic of rather experienced wizards and witches.

Now without further explanations here is the list of old and some new abilities that have been added. Wandless magic has now been put into few categories for lower tier members while the actual all powerful ability is available only for upper tiers.

NON-SPECIAL ABILITIES

Nonverbal Magic – Nonverbal Magic is taught at Defense against the Dark arts to students at year seven.

Occlumency– The ability to prevent someone from reading your mind and controlling your thoughts. Lack of compassion makes for a better Occlumens – Draco, Snape. Occlumency can be learned at any Year 6 or higher by appointment with Headmaster Majere,

Apparation – Apparation is the ability to move from one place to another in seconds, sort of like teleporting. Apparation is learnt at sixth year at Hogwarts. All sixth years and above therefore have this ability. Remember,you cannot Apparate at Hogwarts.

The other abilities you have to apply for below. Remember, yellow abilities are up for grabs. Orange are uncommon, while you probably won’t get red unless you provide a good description and it suits your characters personality. For example: A death eater won’t get speak to animals, while a Order member won’t get parseltongue.

LEARNED ABILITIES

Leglimency – the act of invading somebody’s mind in order to control him/her or read their thoughts. It is considered a dark act and isn’t done by good wizards, it is difficult art as well and only people who have taken advanced education at Hogwarts are able to do this. (NEWT’s and Graduates)

Wandless Magic – some wizards have mastered the art of magic so well they are able to use magic without their wands. Of course, magic is much harder to use and weaker in power without the wand. This is considered a very difficult ability to learn. (Graduates).

Healing is the ability of healing people without the use of wand or potions. Ofcourse no one can heal dead people or injuries that can't be healed like injuries made from Sectumsempra spell for example. Healing process requires only a few moments. (Professional Healers).

Invisibility is the ability of one becoming invisible without the use of wand at the time he needs it and at the place he needs it. Effect lasts as long as its user requires it while he is in condition to control it.

Mind Control is a process in which a group or an individual “systematically” use manipulative methods to persuade others to conform to the wishes of the manipulator. (Advanced DEs)

Memory manipulation is the ability of manipulating person's memories, including projecting lost memories for one to re-experience. This is either used in healing purposes or by Dark Wizards. (Advanced Graduates).

Telepathy is transfer of information on thoughts or feelings between individuals by meaning other then the five senses.

Flying – Possibly the most difficult of abilities to learn, flying is the ability to fly without the use of a broomstick. This is also considered a difficult ability to learn. Flying for even one hour is very difficult. (Graduates).

Animagus – Some wizards are able to transform themselves into an animal. Any wizard can do this, although it is quite difficult to learn.

INHERITED ABILITIES:

Parseltongue – The ability to speak to snakes and therefore command them. This is considered a dark ability.

Speaking to Animals – The ability to speak to creatures (not magical) and communicate and even befriend them.

Metamorphagus – The ability to change appearance at will.

Telekenisis –Some wizards have the ability to move things without using hands or wands. Of course, they can only move small objects.

Seer – Seers can see into the future and predict certain events. There are two types of seers, short term and long term. Short term seers can predict things which will happen in a few days or weeks time, but in a blurry and confused way. Long term seers can see a more vivid image, but are unable to tell what time it will happen. They can also only predict major events.

Empathyis ability to share another being's feelings and emotions. This ability can either be inherited or transferred from one wizard to another where ofcourse the original owner stays without it. No one can transfer this ability without approval of its original owner.

Astral Projection is ability to willingly shed your body safely (no one can steal it). It's very easy to get back because your soul is bound to your body.

Fill in the form below if you want an ability.
Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Ability Desired:[/b]
[b]How your character got this ability:[/b]

LIST HAS BEEN RESTARTED!
KEEP AN EYE YOUR PM BOX!
YOU CAN CONFIRM ONES YOU ACTUALLY HAVE
OR CHANGE THEM FOR SOME OTHERS!!

From now on you send apps using PMs to me!
Metamprphagus, Animagus and Wandless Magic are locked untill i recieve all confirmations! Very Happy

APPROVED ABILITTIES:

Mariana Diggory (Legilimency, Animagus)
Jess Potter (Wandless Magic, Seer, Legilimency, Flying)
Sophia Lestrange (Animagus, Leglimency, Talking to Animals)
Elijah Krum (Parseltongue, Animagus)
Zakkary Blood (Legilimency, Speaking to Animals)
Ne'Os Emof (Flying, Mind Control)
Andrew Thompson (Invisibility)
William Winston McCoy (Legilimency)
Jamie Propget (Legilimency, Animagus)
Khaat Lupin (Seer, Wandless Magic, Healing)
Robert Lupin (Wandless Magic, Healing, Leglimency
Katherine Lupin (Seer, Talking to Animals, Wandless Magic)
Brian Quinn (Wandless Magic, Healing, Leglimency)
Andrew Diamond (Talking to Animals, Telepathy, Telekenisis)
Gabrielle Delacour (Legilimency, Wandless Magic)
Odette Phoenix (Speaking to Animals)
Sandra Archer (Memory Manipulation, Legilimency)
Keith Nicholas (Metamorphagus)
Lucius Malfoy (Legilimency)
Alice Taylor (Parseltongue, Legilimency)
Abbey Dawn (Telekenesis
Keera Mast (Wandless Magic)
Nerezza Ferucio (Metamorphagus, Legilimency)
Rhea Blacque (Legilimency)
Brienne Ravenquist (Seer)
Nikki Granger (Speaking to animals)
Jaquellene "Jack" Dyllan (Telepathy)

P.S.I have a list so don't try to prank me Razz
AND DO READ THE LEVEL PART!

Last edited by Mariana Diggory on Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:38 pm; edited 12 times in total
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Magical Abilities v2 Empty Re: Magical Abilities v2

Post by Nick Potter Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:44 pm

Animagus I had already

and I had Nonverbal Magic but Now it says 7th Years
Nick Potter
Nick Potter
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 2915

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:46 pm

Look at the PM first so if you still want to confirm yours i am here!
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:20 pm

Hey.
I had... Wandless Magic, Seer, Legilimens and flying.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:34 pm

Ok, will you please add healing to Robert, Khaat and Brian Quinn for me?

I think my characters went like this:

Khaat--Seer, Wandless Magic, maybe? whatever she was, plus healing.
Robert--Wandless Magic, Healing, Leglimens
Katherine--Seer, Talking to Animals, Wandless Magic
Brian--Wandless Magic, Healer, Leglimens
Andrew Diamond--Talking to Animals, Telepathy, Telekenisis

Andrew's abilities are new. The other ones I think I had before. Do I need to do paragraphs for him?
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22609
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:26 am

Matt-Talking to Animals & Leglimens!
Bellatrix-Wandless, Leglimens, Parsletongue
Blaire Murray-Wandless & Leglimens
And that's all!

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:48 am

Mari, please specify again how long you want these paragraphs to be. I don't see it listed here. Thanks.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22609
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoë Mochrie Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:41 pm

Name: Zoë Mochrie
Ability Desired: Speaking to Animals
How your character got this ability: Zoë has always noticed that she had a extremely close connection with animals. As a small child they would gravitate toward her. Growing up this never changed. She could converse with them as if they understood her completely. They always knew when she was around and would often seek her out.

((Not sure if I need more here or not. Not sure what you are looking for. Also wanted Animagaus but it says its locked?))
Zoë Mochrie
Zoë Mochrie

Number of posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Post by Nerezza Ferruccio Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:48 pm

I just have Metamorphmagus and Legilimens. Smile
Nerezza Ferruccio
Nerezza Ferruccio

Number of posts : 83
Special Abilities : Legilimency, Metamorphagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:29 pm

THIS TOPIC WAS LOCKED FOR A PURPOSE! AND I AM LOCKING AGAIN!

Okay Nerezza adding (in the future PM me for these)

Zoe (yes you need to write a couple of lines more) Razz
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top