Magical Abilities
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Magical Abilities Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Magical Abilities

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Magical Abilities Empty Magical Abilities

Post by Darren Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:20 pm

At PA we don’t believe in perfect Characters, nor extremely over powerful wizards with every power under the sun. There are no abilities such as Telepathy, telekinesis and all that nonsense. That’s psychic abilities, not magical abilities.

Therefore I have made a list of abilities from the HP series that you may ask for.

Abilities in Yellow, are up for grabs and quite common. Abilities in Orange are quite rare and I might not give you them, it depends on your grade, house, heritage and such. Abilities in Red are extremely rare and only a select few can have them. When writing a history for an Orange or Red ability, keep in mind the more effort you put into it, the more likely it is to be accepted.

! Don’t use these abilities without first approving them!

Learned Abilities -- these abilities can be learnt at any time and do not require any specific blood traits or anything to be learnt.

<li>Animagus – The ability to transform into an animal that matches your personality. (Everyone)

<li>Leglimens – Ability to read peoples minds. (7th years and up)

<li>Occlumens – Opposite of Leglimency, the ability to keep people out of your mind. (5th years and up)

<li>Nonverbal magic – Ability to use magic without speaking the incantation. (3rd years and up)

<li>Apparation – Ability to disappear and reappear at another place in a matter of seconds. (5th years and up)

<li>Wandless magic – An extremely advanced ability that very few wizards can do. It allows you to do magic without your wand, though it’s not as powerful. (Graduates only)

<li>Flying – Flying in this case means flying without a broomstick or any aid (anyone)

Special Abilities -- These abilities are based on your blood and ancestry.

<li>Seer – The ability to see into the future. (Everyone)

<li>Parseltongue – Ability to speak to snakes. (Slytherins or ex-Slytherins)

<li>Metamorphmagus – Ability to change appearance at will (Everyone)

Approved Abilities:

Jemma Tiquelle - Apparation, Metamorphagus, Seer, Occlumens, Nonverbal Magic
Mariana Diggory - Occlumens, Non verbal magic, Animagus, Apparation
Addy Adeagbo - Nonverbal Magic, Animagus, Apparation
Alexi Jasper - Nonverbal Magic, Leglimens, Apparation, Flying
Sophia Granger - Nonverbal Magic, Apparation, Animagus, Occlumens, Leglimens
Darren Riddle - Nonverbal Magic, Parseltongue, Apparation, Occlumens, Leglimens
Charlie Weasley - Nonverbal Magic, Occlumens, Apparition
Sue Malfoy - Metamorphmagus,Non-Verbal Magic
Jess Potter - Animagus, Leglimens, Occlumens, Nonverbal Magic, Metamorphmagus
Nick Potter - Animagus, Nonverbal Magic
Isabella Lovegood - Animagus, Apparition, Nonverbal Magic
Aminia Davon - Occlumens, Non-verbal magic, Apparation
Davina Corrispur - Nonverbal magic, Occlumens, Apparation
Victoriann Bright - Apparation, Nonverbal magic
Nikki Granger - Nonverbal Magic, Animagus, Metamorphmagus
Danny Thompson - Apparation, Animagus, Non-verbal Magic
Tom Marvolo Riddle - Flying
Zoe Weasley - Animagus, Nonverbal Magic, Apparation
Sarah Cain - Apparation, Seer
Jasper Black - Apparation, Occlumens, Nonverbal Magic
Nicholas Black:Animagus,Occlumens,Legilimens,Non-verbal Magic
Scorpius Malfoy - Occlumens and Nonverbal Magic.
Kyle Worthington - Metamorphmagus,Apparation,Animagus
Kyle Finnigan - Animagus
Ne'Os Emof - Flying,Occlumens
Aden Williams - Seer, Apparation
Victorie Weasley - Apparation,Occlumens, Legilemens

If you would like one of these abilities, fill in the form below
Code:

[b]Ability Desired:[/b]
[b]How your character got this ability:[/b]

Last edited by Darren Riddle on Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:12 am; edited 15 times in total
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Magical Abilities Empty Re: Magical Abilities

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:26 pm

Ability Desired: Metamorphmagus
How your character got this ability: Inherited it from her mother.

Approved

Magical Abilities Qw9nLyk
~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~
~ biography ~ thread tracker ~

Set made by me. Want one? Accepting requests here.
Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 6601
Special Abilities : Seer, Occlumens, Apparation and Astral Projection.

http://www.zazzle.com/magicalmalteaser*

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:14 am

Ability Desired:Animagus,Occlumens and Non-verbal Magic
How your character got this ability:
First was learnt on Hogwarts,2nd was taught by Harry Potter,Mariana's step-father and 3rd was inherited from her parents.
Approved

Hey Darren abbilities lie Non-verbal magic,Flying,Apperating and Occlumens can be learnt by anyone during Hogwarts you know??
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Addy Adeagbo Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:34 am

Ability Desired: Apparation, Animagus, and Nonverbal Magic
How your character got this ability: I Learned Apparation at Hogwarts in a lesson. My sister gave me private lessons on having my Animagus form. I learned it in a lesson at Hogwarts.

Approved
Addy Adeagbo
Addy Adeagbo

Number of posts : 280

http://summerfeldhigh.proboards.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexi Jasper Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:54 am

Ability Desired: Apparation
How your character got this ability: "During my 5th year in Hogwarts, there was an apparation class that everyone at my age or older could take and well... I took it. Who the heck doesn't know how to apparate by now? It's like driving in muggle terms."
Approved

Ability Desired: Nonverbal Magic - nonoffensive spells only
How your character got this ability: "It was something that just came to me after a lot of practice. I could envision the spell and channel the magic of the spell without verbally saying the incantation. Of course, I was never good at reproducing the exact same strength of the spell when I cast it nonverbally, but it was still pretty cool. Worst part is that I can't exactly nonverbally cast offensive spells. I just wasn't good at offensive spells and it reflects on my inability to cast them nonverbally."
Approved

Ability Desired: Legilimency - at the skill level near to as if he hadn't learned legilimency
How your character got this ability: "I am not particularly gifted in legilimency. No. I have barely any skill in legilimency at all, however, I have trained my ability to cast it, despite my failures in casting it above the occlumency levels of someone who hasn't even heard of occlumency before. However, it definitely works on patients who's minds are at large unease, and are suspected either to be lying or won't fess up."
Approved
Alexi Jasper
Alexi Jasper

Number of posts : 444

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:53 am

Jemma: Only one? Approved

Mari: Approved and no you cannot learn all of them, only some. Apparation can only be learned by 3rd years and up. Flying in this term, means WITHOUT a broomstick. The only people in the book who could do this was Snape and Voldemort.

Ade: Approved

Alexi: Approved, good descriptions.
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:50 pm

Nope, I'm back for more!! I just hadn't decided yet xD.

Ohh, I'm thinking metamorphmagus should be changed to orange, as it's pretty rare as we only know Tonks (her family) who was a metamorphmagus. Si?
And When did Snape fly? Flying should be red by the way!
Also, for apparation in the books you need to be 17 to get your license.
Approved

Ability Desired: Occlumens, Apparation, Non-verbal Magic
How your character got this ability: Learnt Apparation at Hogwarts, from an instructor, along with everyone else her age. She learnt non-verbal magic also at Hogwarts as well in many of her lessons. She laernt Occluemens from her mother before she died.
Approved

Ability Desired: Seer
How your character got this ability:Inherited from her mother (along with metamorphmagus). (I'm Divination Professor, how could I NOT apply for this xD.
Approved

Magical Abilities Qw9nLyk
~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~
~ biography ~ thread tracker ~

Set made by me. Want one? Accepting requests here.
Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 6601
Special Abilities : Seer, Occlumens, Apparation and Astral Projection.

http://www.zazzle.com/magicalmalteaser*

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:52 pm

Ability Desired:Apparation
How your character got this ability: Sophia learned how to Apparate when she was in her fifth year at Hogwarts b learning it a Apparation class, although she did very well in the class and was able to apparate in her fifth year.

Ability Desired:Animagus
How your character got this ability: Sophia learned how to become a animagus in her fourth year at Hogwarts as well from taking classes and reading alot from books she got from the library at hogwarts in the resticted section after having the Head Boy and her D.A.D.A teacher who was teaching her approve to go into that section of the library. Her animagus is a white wolf with chocolate brown eyes

Ability desired: Nonverbal magic
[b]How your character got this ability:
Sophia was taught this in her third year at Hogwarts she well as the Patronus Charm by her D.A.D.A teacher . After tons of lessons and practice Sophia got the hang of t which helps her alot in battles.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:34 pm

Jemma: Right you are. on both. But yeah snape flied at the end of DH.
&& approved btw.

Sophia: Approved!
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:21 pm

Ability Desired:Apparation and Wandless Magic
How your character got this ability:Apparation she learnt during her 7th year of Hogwarts and Wandless Magic was inherited from her mother.

I am back for more hihi! Very Happy
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top