Bad things always lead to good things - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Bad things always lead to  good things - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Bad things always lead to good things

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bad things always lead to  good things - Page 2 Empty Re: Bad things always lead to good things

Post by Maura Goldstein Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:19 am

Maura nodded understanding what Hallie meant by her not having true love. Maura knew Hallie wasn't a whore like some people around Hogwarts called her, she just had quite a bit of experience under her belt that's all. Unlike Maura who had only two boys Ryo being her second.

True love was hard to come by, but when it comes to you, grab onto it and don't let go. "Don't worry Hal you'll find that special someone."said Maura giving her a soft warm smile. "And when you do, the love you have for each other will be unbelievable!"said Maura softly.

"Oh really? I didn't know that, all I had that she was killed."said Maura softly. "Yeah Soph and Ryo were both there, so they seen what happened."said Maura. "I know it might sound rude of me to say this, but I'm glad their dead!"said Maura honestly. "That means less trouble for me."said Maura honestly. She didn't need anymore trouble, she gotten enough of it without trying to.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 1235

Back to top Go down

Bad things always lead to  good things - Page 2 Empty Re: Bad things always lead to good things

Post by Hallie Cooper Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:33 am

The love Ryo and Mars had for each other was something Hallie wanted in a relationship. To find what they had found. Of course each time she fell for a guy she thought it'd be like that. Take Brian Sullivan for example. Hallie had spent a whole two months wondering if he was into her, did he want more - all because of a drunken midnight kiss, which would probably had led to what the rumours about her and Brian were hadn't she stopped the kiss. 

'Thanks Maura. I.. I hope so.' She replied, although it wasn't a disheartened tone of voice she spoke in but an excited voice. She was anxious to start a family one day, one day after auror training. Hallie wanted to start a family and keep it together, not screw it up or break it apart like she had done with Toby. Oh gosh. Toby. Hallie really needed to tell Maura that she had found Toby, she'd completely forgotten with the wonderful news of the pregnancy. 

The fire in Maura's eyes showed how much she felt for James and Alexis' death. 'I don't think it's rude. It's what they deserve!' Hallie encouraged, banging a fist on the table and sending a splatter of ice cream into her hair.

'Eurgh!' Hallie grunted, attempting to pull out the spec of ice-cream from her blonde locks whilst wearing the most repulsed look she could pull. It was as though dragon dung had covered her, but that was no surprise. Hallie hated her hair being anything less than perfect. It was the girl in her. 
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 927
Special Abilities : Non-Verbal Magic, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:57 am

Maura heard the excitement in Hallie's voice, which was only when something excited happened to her. "So... Hal, what excitement had you had lately?"Maura asked her smirking. "Another romantic night with a boy?"Maura asked her curiously. "Don't lie Hal, your tone said it all!"said Maura crossing her arms and smirking at her.

"Well.. I'm just glad I'm not the only one who thinks so, but I think her little sisters Lily and Raine D'Eath are after me for revenge!"said Maura honestly. "Seems like I have trouble even when I don't do anything wrong!"said Maura sighing. "I don't go looking for trouble, trouble usually finds me!"said Maura honestly.

Maura shook her head and laughed. Hallie was always so girlie when it came to her hair. "Here let me help."said Maura softly. As she stood up she helped Hallie get the ice cream out of her hair. "There we go, good as new."said Maura softly. "You were saving some for later Hal that's all!"said Maura chuckling.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:32 pm

Hallie bit her lip as she smiled back at Maura. 'Well, there is this guy at work, Carth - you might remember him from the shrieking shack? Then again you might not as you were kind of unconscious but he was at the hospital afterwards?' She said, not realising that she had began to talk about him in so much detail: 'We're working on the Charlotte case together and. Oh. My. Gosh. I swear my ovaries explode everytime I look at him but, I don't think he even notices me. Well. I mean obviously he does as we work together but I don't think he notices notices me. If that makes any sense?' She asked Maura before giggling slightly.

Two D'eaths were after Maura. That wasn't good, that was never a good thing. One of them had already contributed to Maura being butchered. 'If they lay a hand on you. Trust me. I'll make sure they regret it.' Hallie replied, reaching a hand across the table whilst her eyes blazed with protective passion. Maura had been hurt enough and she wasn't going to he hurt again! 

Plucking a small, hand held mirror from her small handbag that was resting on the table Hallie examined herself in the mirror. The ice-cream had gone. 'Thanks Maura. Do you want me to buy you another?' She asked, noticing Maura's pot was empty. 
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:26 pm

Maura shook her head. "I don't really remember much after I fell, all I remember is James dragging me down and then darkness. "said Maura softly. Maura smiled as Hallie started talking about a guy named Garth. "Seems like you really like him Hal, why don't you tell him how you feel?"Maura asked her softly. "He has to be mad not to like you!"said Maura honestly. "Men sometimes have a weird way of noticing us girls, maybe he does and you don't realize it."said Maura softly.

Maura looked at Hallie and smiled. "Thanks for your protectiveness, but I was bound to have enemies after Alexis ad James died!"said Maura honestly. "I been hurt enough, but it made me stronger!"said Maura looking down at the scars on her wrist where the chains rubbed into her wrists. "I just hope nothing else happens to me this year, I can't afford for anything to happen to me and this baby I refuse to let anything happen!"said Maura softly.

"Your welcome Hal, your my best friend I will never let you go ahead looking like that!"said Maura. Maura chuckled at her question. "That does sound nice Hal, but if I do I might gain alot of weight and if I do I'll be afraid I'll stay that way!"said Maura softly.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:54 pm

Hallie giggled girlishly. 'I can't tell him! I mean, I could! But we work together! What if he gets all freaked out?' Hallie replied before thinking about how wonderful her life could in fact be if Carth were to like her back. They would be the couple to watch. The auror's in love taking on dark wizards by storm. Bringing justice in the name or courage and love. Such wonderful thoughts they were. Maybe she would be the next to have a baby, move into a nice house with a large front lawn where the children could play all day long.

Wow. Slow down Hal. She thought, bringing her attention back to Maura who was now looking down at the chain marks on her wrist. Hallie had completely missed what she'd said because she was too absorbed in her own fantasies. 'We will stay strong Maura. Besides, if anyone even looks at you funny this year I'll.' Hallie imitated a slight jab with her firsts. 'Knock 'em down.'

Hallie laughed at Maura's rejection to more ice cream. 'You'll put weight on anyway with the baby! May as well have some enjoyment whilst you do!' Opening her purse Hallie pulled out a collection of coins and put a hand out to stop one of the waiters who was walking past their table. 'Could you bring us over two more ice creams please? Same as before.' Watching the waiter walk away, a rather cute waiter at that, Hallie looked back at Maura. 'Can't say no now.' A smile spreading once again across her face.

(OOC: Sorry it's such a slow reply!)
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:47 pm

Maura shrugged. "If he does he does, but at lease you got it off your chest though."said Maura softly. "That's what I did to Ryo the first time I was tortured by James, I told him I was in love with him although he didn't feel the same way though, but he told me once I was awake in St. Mungo's that he felt the same way and now look at us!"said Maura softly. "I know you want what I have Hal, I can see it in your eyes."said Maura softly but honestly. "I honestly want you to have what I have, it's a amazing thing!"said Maura softly.

Maura looked at Hallie and smiled. "Thanks Hal, now I know for sure I have enough protection with you, the guys and your mom!"said Maura softly. "She's teaching Charms this year!"said Maura happily. Maura loved Charms, it was her favorite subject besides DADA. "I had tea with her before school started, she misses you alot you know."said Maura softly. Hallie's mom was very nice, but she went through alot of things a mother and a wife shouldn't have to go through.

Maura looked at her and sighed. "Alright fine, but that's because I can't say no to you!"said Maura crossing her arms before chuckling. "You know sooner or later I won't be able to do that!"said Maura looking down at her stomach. "I'm hoping for a girl, although a boy would be fine to it'll look just like his father!"said Maura smiling. Maura started thinking about a girl with her father beach blond hair and her eyes giggling and running around the house and smiled.

Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:18 pm

'Well. I'm just crossing my fingers I get partnered with him in this stupid marriage law.' Hallie replied as the waiter brought the pair two more ice creams. Although she seemed to say this with a grumpy tone. Sure it'd be wonderful to get partnered with Carth but the chances of that happening were slim. It wouldn't be too bad if she got partnered with the random Joshua she had met on a night out, at least he was good look and fun living. 

Oh gosh. The topic of her family had got round sooner than he expected. 'H-how is she? Does she seem worried, or happy or different? Is she acting weird? She hasn't responded to my letter - I tried to get her to leave Hogwarts.' Hallie replied, rather fast and flustered. It had been two weeks since Hogwarts had began and chances are Amelia had come into contact with Toby, who Hallie believed to have gone to Hogwarts. Although she had seen him as much as she could since the mugging in all honesty she wasn't one hundred percent sure of his intentions and whereabouts. What if he hadn't gone on a train to Hogwarts? Perhaps she should have wrote to him. 

(OOC: Just waiting on Kitty to come back to say what she wants Toby to do as his Mum is at Hogwarts so would teach Toby and she would know his name and recognise him but of course we don't know what Kitty intends of Toby. She did want him to go to Hogwarts but I don't want to start role-playing as if they have met etc because Kitty may have different plans of how they meet or react and stuff) 
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:30 pm

Maura looked at her confused. "Marriage law, what marriage law?"Maura asked her softly but curiously. "Maybe you'll get paired with him and live happily ever after!"said Maura smiling at her. "Who knows it can happen!"said Maura shrugging. "So this new marriage law pairs adults with other single adults or something?"Maura asked her softly. That was stupid, you should be able to marry whoever you wanted to.

"She seems a bit happier then she was, I guess it's because she's doing something that she loves."said Maura softly. "Although she is a bit dull you know, but after what she went through so would I."said Maura honestly. "I had tea with her yesterday, she's very happy about me having a baby!"said Maura honestly. "I thought she wouldn't be happy with me once I told her, but she told me I'm at age and I'm a adult so I can do whatever I want."said Maura softly. "Although she's worried about Toby and you, she says I'm the only thing she has left to a daughter."said Maura softly. "Perhaps she gotten busy Hal, I'll ask her about it and see."said Maura softly.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:23 pm

Hallie pressed her lips together, her tongue rubbing her two front teeth for a moment. 'The Ministry has enforced a new law that matches any witch and wizard above the age of sixteen together. Once they receive a letter stating who their partner they must marry within thirty days if not.' Hallie now cringed. 'I have to take you in for questioning and then Azkaban. As though it's some sort of crime to want to wait and find someone that you love! Honestly the paperwork about this marriage law that I have had to do is so tedious. I thought being an auror would be catch dark wizards, doing investigations not investigating people who don't want to abide by the stupid law.' It turned out that Hallie was now ranting about the Ministry like she had about the Professor's she hadn't got on with at Hogwarts. For a moment, the pair talking together, it was as though Hallie was back at Hogwarts complaining about her charms professor.

She seemed happier. Did she know that Toby was alive? Had she met Toby? Surely Amelia would have wrote to Hallie and told her the wonderful news? It didn't make sense, any of it!

Wait... Maura just said she was worried about Toby. Did that mean her Mother knew Toby was alive? 'Wait, Maura. She's worried about Toby? But he's supposedly dead, well she thinks he is anyway and-' Great. Now she wasn't going to make any sense, well now was a time to speed her up on her happenings over the Summer.

'Okay. There is something I haven't told you.' Pressing her eyes together as she said the three words: 'I was mugged.' She waited for Maura's response. Hallie hadn't told Maura, she didn't want to put it in an owl and she most certainly hadn't told her Mother either - the last thing Mrs Cooper needed was her Mother worried about losing another family member.
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top