Bad things always lead to good things
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Bad things always lead to  good things Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Bad things always lead to good things

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bad things always lead to  good things Empty Bad things always lead to good things

Post by Maura Goldstein Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:16 pm

(Ooc:this is somewhat in the future seeing how I can't make Maura pregnant now I have to wait intil school starts, but I didn't want to make it in the future! )

It was a two weeks after Maura had started school, and here Maura was buying more school supplies she needed for the upcoming year. She couldn't believe that summer was already over, it just seemed like it just started. Although she loved spending the whole summer with Ryo in Australia with him, it was fun having him by her side all summer long.  She only been in school for two weeks and she already missing him.  This year wasn't the same without Ryo or Hallie, she had no one to talk to about girly things with and she didn't have anyone to cuddle with in the common room after a long hard day.

Sighing to herself Maura sat down in front of Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour as the hot sun beat on her.  Setting down her new school supplies she ordered a mint chocolate chip double scoop ice cream. After waiting for a few minutes, the waiter brought her ice cream out as Maura gave him a soft warm smile and a small 'thanks!' before she paid him and took a small bite of it.  Enjoying the taste of chocolate mint in her mouth, Maura took another bite of her ice cream, but this time a bigger one then last time.

"May I have another scoop please?"Maura asked the waiter softly as he nodded before going to get Maura another cup in a clear plastic cup.  Maura was eating quite a bit then she normally did, but she couldn't help herself she was just hungry.  Although she knew the reason, she was pregnant with Ryo's child.  Although no one knew but her, she guess it was she was to scared to tell anyone. She haven't even told Ryo yet, she was scared how he'll react to the news of being pregnant. Although she knew she had to tell him, she just didn't know how, did she do it face to face or by Owl?

She needed some advice by her best friend Hallie, but it was quite impossible for she was a auror now. Hallie was always there when she needed her, weather it was saving her from being tortured or just talking about issues like this she was always there for Maura.  Sighing to herself  Maura looked down at her stomach, of course it wasn't showing yet but there was a baby inside her and it'll only be a matter of time before she started showing it.  Taking a bite of her ice cream she smiled and thanked the waiter and was about to pay before he shook his head telling her it was free. "Thankyou so much!"said Maura softly as she put all her scoops into the plastic cub seeing how her cone broke.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 1235

Back to top Go down

Bad things always lead to  good things Empty Re: Bad things always lead to good things

Post by Hallie Cooper Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:39 pm

Maura and Hallie hadn't seen each other face to face since the day of Hallie's interview in a coffee shop deep in the heart of London. Of course they had wrote to each other from time to time but the hectic schedule of Hallie Cooper was difficult to confine to just a letter and Hallie was glad that Maura needed to return to Diagon Alley to collect some forgotten school things.

It had been a whole month since Hallie had met her brother Toby and she needed to tell Maura all about him. Maura knew that her brother had disappeared, although Hallie hadn't ever told anyone more than that, even Maura. It was a secret that had ate her away but now everything had been resolved. Hallie had persuaded Toby to start Hogwarts and she was eager to ask Maura to look out for him if she ever had the time.

Despite the reconcilliation of the siblings their meeting was rather down. It had been the night Hallie was mugged on her way home from work, a busy day in work because that had been the day famous Quidditch Player Charlotte Topez had been found dead in the ministry of magic atrium.

Looking herself in her bedroom mirror Hallie combed the last of her Sleakeazy's Hair Straightening Potion and then grabbed her purse and headed out of the door.

Thankfully Hallie had moved out from her family's cottage in the Lake District to an apartment above Madame Malkin's Robes For All Occasions so within five minutes the bell above the door to the ice cream parlour jingled upon the entrance of Hallie.

Glancing around Hallie spotted Maura and didn't hesitate to head over, noticing how delicious the ice cream looked. 'Maura!' Hallie called, as usual, before embracing her best friend in a huge hug. 'I've missed you.' She whispered before taking a seat opposite the Hufflepuff at the table.

'I've got loads to tell-' She began, although couldn't continue because the waiter had come over to ask for her order (one scoop banana, one scoop bubblegum) and had returned with it in seconds. 'Where was I, I have lots to tell you but first how are you?' Hallie asked. Although the pair had wrote to each other every now and then Hallie had refrained from mentioning Toby in the letter - or her mugging. She felt it was something that would be better said face to face. Although Maura was well aware Hallie was an auror and had been helping to investigate the case of the famous quidditch players mysterious murder, which had been plastered all over the Daily Prophet shaming the Ministry.
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 927
Special Abilities : Non-Verbal Magic, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Bad things always lead to  good things Empty Re: Bad things always lead to good things

Post by Maura Goldstein Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:58 pm

Maura chuckled and shook her head as her best friend hugged her like she haven't seen her in forever. "I missed you to Hal, school been so boring without having to talk to!"said Maura softly. "I can't believe summer ended so quickly Hal, it just seemed like it just stared."said Maura sighing. "I been ok, school been killing me lately with all this stupid homework."said Maura rolling her eyes. "Seems like I don't have any time for myself anymore."said Maura shaking her head.

"I don't really have loads to tell you, but I do have something that might be exciting to you, or at lease I hope so!"said Maura softly. "I didn't tell you this over letters cause I wanted to tell you face to face."said Maura honestly. "Hallie I'm pregnant, I found out a week ago that I was pregnant with Ryo's child!"said Maura softly. Maura was scared of what would happen now, would everyone turn against her, or would they be happy for her?

It was something Maura was scared of, she had so many good friends and she didn't want to lose them especially Hallie who been there for her since day one. She didn't know what she was going to do once she started showing, she guess she just do some home schooling until the baby was born. Maura was confused, she was happy that she was pregnant wit Ryo's child but she was scared about how this would effect her now. Although she didn't regret anything that happened that night in Australia with Ryo, it been the best night of her life. But she was just scared of what he and everyone else would say.

Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:12 pm

'Yeah, the seventh year does that with all the NEWT's.' Hallie said offhandedly waving a hand in the air. Gosh, she missed Hogwarts, but Maura's description of how her first fortnight had been reminded the auror of exactly what had contributed to her lack of fun the final year. 

Just as Hallie was about to tell Maura she too had something that she wanted to say face to face a bombshell hit her. Wow! That was a shock, a shock that Hallie's eyes reflected. They widened and her mouth dropped open slightly. That was a lot to take in.

Hallie would have hated to have been pregnant last year, even now too and she was sure that there would be people to tell Maura how difficult it would be but friends didn't do that. Hallie knew how much Maura and Ryo's relationship meant to one another. She knew it was built by solid pillars of love. And now they were having a baby!

Those blue eyes brightened and the dropped mouth transformed into a wide, honest, smile. Reaching across the table and grasping Maura's hand she congratulated her. 'Wow. A baby! Oh, Maura! You always deserved to be happy after, well, after everything! Congratulations!'

'Wait -' A thought had struck Hallie, what was she going to do about Hogwarts? She would give birth during term time? Then Maura was a vampire was the pregnancy going to be different? Hallie didn't know much about vampire babies. 'What are you going to do about school? And the baby, will it be a vampire too? Or, wait, will that affect the pregnancy?' 

The questions seemed to roll uncontrollably from Hallie's tongue. She didn't want to come across as though she opposed the pregnancy she was simply curious as to how her best friend would experience this special gift. 'Sorry. That was a lot of questions.' She recovered, realising how she's ploughed head first into the discussion.
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:55 am

Maura smiled and hugged Hallie. "Thanks Hal, I'm excited and scared at the same time."said Maura softly. "Excited cause I'm having Ryo's baby but scared to tell him and my parents I don't know how they would react."said Maura softly looking down. "They'll probably be more shocked then you were!"said Maura softly. "I don't want to lose them Hal, but I know I have to tell them!"said Maura softly as she took another bite of her ice cream.

Maura chuckled at all Hallie's questions. "Whoa Hal calm down!"said Maura softly. "For your first question I'm going to go until maybe Feb or March and then go home and do at home classes, and secondly it'll be half vampire seeing how I'm human again long story short I fell into a coma after James tortured me, and the potion Sophia gave me turned me back and thirdly I honestly don't know."said Maura softly.

"I know it's in my last year of Hogwarts, but I honestly won't be missing anything and I will still graduate!"said Maura softly. "I know it's going to be hard, but I'm not going to give my baby up!"said Maura softly. "I don't regret that I got pregnant Hal, to be honest I'm happy!"said Maura softly.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:09 pm

Hallie reached across the table and took Maura's hand, holding it gently inbetween her own. 'You wont lose them Maura. Sure your parents may be mad and Ryo may be shocked but you wont lose them.' Every word that escaped Hallie's lips were truthful and heartfelt. The fact Maura was scared that her family would abandon her was, to Hallie, absurd! They loved Maura more than anything.

Although, even if a family member loves you they can still be lost - such as Hallie and Toby. She loved Toby more than anything yet she sent him aware after his werewolf bite. Not that Maura knew this, only two other people knew besides Hallie: Toby and Jack Dyllan.

Maura was human again? That was bizarre, had she missed something. 'Wait. What? You're human? But... How come you never told me?' Hallie asked confusedly. No doubt Maura may have told Hallie, after the battle at the shrieking shack she had been shaken up and so focused on her exams to take in the entire outcome. Then of course she had been really busy upon graduation, what with becoming an auror, the second battle of the shrieking shack, the murder of Charlotte Topez and then her mugging. Gosh. That had happened three weeks ago and she hadn't told Maura. She planned to tell her today, but with the baby bombshell she'd completely forgotten.

A friendly smile spread across her face. 'I'm glad your happy.' She said, finally removing her hands from Maura's to take a spoonful of icecream.
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:32 pm

Maura shook her head. "I don't know Hal, something telling me I will, they always been against me getting pregnant at a young age!"said Maura softly. "I always promised that I wouldn't and now look at me!"said Maura sighing.

Maura was scared that her parents would disowned her and call her a disgrace to the family. It was Maura's worse fear, and she was afraid it was going to come true. Although she knew Ryo wouldn't leave her, he loved her more then anything in the world. Although she was still afraid of how he will react to everything, would he be happy or angry? So many questions going through Maura they were all scaring her.

"I thought I did, it happened right after I was tortured I guess, I guess the fall did or Sophia was thinking the potion she gave me cured everything including the vampire in me."said Maura softly. "A bit confusing I know, even I don't understand it."said Maura honestly. "Although me and Ryo found out over the summer, he sensed something was wrong with me, so he bit me and told me my blood was sweeter then vampire's blood."said Maura. "After alittle fight we had, I gave Ryo the neckalce he gave me back to him and ran out crying, he ran after me and told me everything and we made up and then went to a party."said Maura softly. "We went to a party and got drunk and lets just say one thing lead to another."said Maura softly.

"Thanks Hal, although I know alot of people aren't to happy with me."said Maura softly. Taking a spoonful of her icecream she sighed to herself.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:16 pm

Hallie sighed as she listened to Maura's tragic tale. Her and Ryo had argued. That was very 'un-Mayo' as Hallie liked to Ship them. Ryo and Mars were Hallie's inspirational couple, the unwavering force of love, the happy Hufflepuffs, the vampires with beating hearts - well now the vampire and his lady. Love was seriously confusing at time.

And what was with changing back from a vampire? It sure was rare, Hallie had only heard of it once in an old defence against the dark arts textbook. Magic too, was seriously confusing at times.

'Yeah. I've been there.' Hallie muttered as Maura referred to going to a party an one thing leading to another. The scenario Hallie was thinking of as her one night stand with a random mid-twenty year old man named Joshua. Oh he had been a beautiful human being, she'd even seen him appear inexpectedly at the battle of the shrieking shack - the battle Maura hadn't been a part of for a change.

Wait. That reminded her. 'Maura, have you heard what happened to Alexis D'Eath? That death eater who was always with James?'
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:13 am

Maura looked at Hallie and smirked. "Yeah more then I have, this was my first I actually gone all the way."said Maura softly. Of course she had sex with other guys, but it wasn't as passionate as hers and Ryo's was. "I know this may sound like a stupid question Hal, but has there ever been a guy where you made love to him and there was more passion then any other guy you made love to?"Maura asked her softly. Maura really didn't feel uncomfortable asking her these things, for these were the things they talked about often.

Maura nodded. "Yeah I heard, there was a battle in the shack that Henri started with Hitame and Henri shot the dark mark in the sky and summoned the death eaters, Jack the order leader saw it and summoned the order Ryo told me some of it."said Maura softly. "Although Sophia told me that Jack and Alexis battled and Jack shot Bombarda or something at her and Alexis fell and died, James showed up and found out she was dead so he killed himself."said Maura.

"I didn't believe it at first, but once I heard it from Soph and Ryo I believed it, I mean they wouldn't lie to me."said Maura softly.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:20 pm

A smile spread across Hallie's face as Maura explained how passionate the sex had between herself and Ryo. Hallie had engaged in the act of lust a few times herself, twice to random people and multiple times to a boyfriend that she had in the sixth year. Of course their relationship hadn't lasted. 

'No.' She replied. 'I guess I've never really been in love. I mean, sure I'm always all over the place one minute I think I'm in love with one guy then the next a different one but...' She paused. 'I've never truly felt love and I guess there needs to be love to feel the passion.'

Hopefully she had explained herself well. Of course if she had to give an answer the best she had ever had was with a man named Joshua, maybe due to his age and experience? The times she'd made love with her ex-boyfriend had been awkward and, well, awful. It was no wonder they had never worked out. 

'Yeah. I left before it all happened when I captured Charlotte. And then... She was murdered in the Ministry.' Strictly speaking Hallie wasn't allowed to discuss ongoing ministry investigations but she could trust Maura and the whole Wizarding world had heard of the death anyway, what difference did it make? 
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top