How did you come by your character's name?
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

How did you come by your character's name? Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

How did you come by your character's name?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How did you come by your character's name? Empty How did you come by your character's name?

Post by Guest Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:11 am

I am curious how you all decided upon what to call your character?

Bertie Nogard:
my first name is Robert > Bert > Bertie
Then my pottermore account has 'dragon and snidget' in so i named his pet toad Snidget and Dragon backwards is Nogard. There is a lot of myself in Bertie too.

Hallie Cooper:
I used her on another site years ago and I loved to RP as her. I am not too sure how i came across the name? I think i got Hallie from The Parent Trap and then I guess I liked the name Cooper?

Charlotte Topez:
Topez is a gem of some sort and gives a richness about the character. Plus I liked the sharp z at the end of it, which reflects her sharp personality. Then I wanted Charlotte because I like the character of Charlotte King in Private Practice (if anyone watches that?)

Mavis Oakes:
Bless her. Mavis had an endless list of names to begin. I wanted alliteration in the nickname Oddball Oakes. I originally had Bonkers Betty, and then.moved to Polly as i liked the round sound in the name Polly. She was going to be called Polly Oakes but i bumped Polly to middle name and instead chose Mavis because i rarely ever hear that name - it is unusual just like Mavis!
Although i do wish i had chose Oates instead of Oakes because she likes food.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

How did you come by your character's name? Empty Re: How did you come by your character's name?

Post by Andrew Carter Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:48 pm

How I came up with my all names... Let's think.

Cecilie Montez:
I have used already on couple sites before it. I really can't remember how I did end up having this name back then. Mostly people use Cecilia, I just did put e instead of a. Family name Montez just did looked good at then, end I think.

Serena Smith:
I just liked the name Serena and just Smith was first name what popped into the mind and it did suit there.

Clara Cadlwallader:
The first name I did thought quite many times and ended up with that name. I suited with that family name but that is canon character so last name I did choose from that list there.

Noelle Perkins:
Noelle I had used already before quite many times. Perkins I did take from that Hellcat's there was someone family name Perkins, if I remember right.

Tiffany Cruz:
Thinking hers name was task. I wanted to have something what I haven't used before. So I did look up the names from the internet and I liked name Tiffany and decided to used it. Finding family names was even harder and at the end I did choose Cruz, I liked it and it did suit after Tiffany.

Emily Night:
Also I have used it already before it in couple of sites. And I like that name very much. (For a while I used family name Night with my many chars. Lizzie and so on)
Andrew Carter
Andrew Carter
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 111

Back to top Go down

How did you come by your character's name? Empty Re: How did you come by your character's name?

Post by Maddie Kane Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:25 pm

Cecilia Evelyn Krum----
Krum was chosen for me, and i had never really been good at chosing names so i asked eli what her first name should be. for a while she didn't have a middle name then i chose Evelyn because i liked it.

Arabella many middle names Riley-
I've used arabella many times. I use to write stories and to find the names of my characters i would go look through my moms baby name book. ONce when doing this i came arcoss Arabella and liked it alot. Her many middle names i went to a baby name site and generated Middle names useing her first and last and use the first three names it gave me all in a combinaiton the number of names is reveled with the last name. Riley, i'm weird and I Kayla am dating Aaron Lesli Andrew Riley, he was named after everyone in his family and has many names as does Arabella which will be the name of one of your children if we ever have one.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 3155

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyjakiu Thistle Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:28 pm

Freyjakiu Delia Thistle - Well, her first name came from the origin of Freya, the Scandinavian goddess of love. Sister to Frey, who is the god of fertility and dispenses rain & sunshine. Freyjakiu is both beautiful (I love Valerie Poxleitner) and dispenses rain and sunshine, in the form of words. You can take what she says as pessimistic or optimistic, it depends on how you think. I've had quite a few characters named Freyjakiu, as well. Delia, her middle name, was something completely random. That and her name Thistle.
Freyjakiu Thistle
Freyjakiu Thistle
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 35
Special Abilities : Occlumency-In-Progress

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo Hiroku Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:44 pm

I'm only gonna put two characters, because I have millions.

Hitame Anabelle Higurashi -
I have this weird love for Japanese related things, and I wanted to use the name Hitomi at first, but then I messed around with different Japanese names and ended up creating Hitame. Anabelle was accidental. I wanted to give her a middle name, so I just chose the first one that came to mind, which was Ana. But I didn't want a short middle name so I added Belle to it. Higurashi is a surname from an anime called InuYasha. I like the girl in the series Kagome Higurashi, so I used her last name.

Ryo Ichiro Hiroku -
Ryo's name was made from the exact same strange love of Japanese things. Ryo has a meaning that though I forget what it is, I love. Ichiro is the name of my favorite character from an anime's brother. His last name I'm not quite sure where is came from, his last name was originally meant to be Kiryuu.
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 994
Special Abilities : Metamorphmagus

http://khandvampireknight.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Molz Weasley Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:46 pm

Jemma Louisa Tiquelle -
Ok, so Jemma is my name. Created when I first started RPing and everyone used their own names. There is a bit of myself in her - I'm a Hufflepuff, like silk painting like her, plus random personality things.
Idk why Louisa. I think I just like it, really. I always liked the name.
Tiquelle is because I used MissTiquelle as a screenname, because it sounds like 'mystical'. So I used Tiquelle. I like it, it suits her as a Seer/Divination Professor (well, ex- *sobs*).

Molly Carlotta Weasley -
Molly Weasley was canon.
Carlotta is because I loved the name as soon as I first heard it (Enid Blyton, St Clare's series) when I was young. And it fits the character. A bit different, maybe fiery like her hair.

Aidan Christopher Willson -
Idk why Aidan. It seemed like a shy name, like him.
I always like the name Christopher. I use it when I can. I have like a million friends called Chris IRL too.
Willson, I wanted a normal-ish name, but slightly different. Hence the normal name Wilson, but a different spelling.

Arabella Leanne Mason -
I wanted something upper-class-y. Arabella also seems like a bit of a mean name, but those close to her can call her Ari. I hate the name Bella (even pre-twilight, that just made me hate it more), so I made her hate it too.
Leanne, just wanted something a bit more subdued. I was going to spell it Lianne, I prefer that spelling, but it seemed too different. From her background, they wouldn't want 'weird' spelling names.
And Mason, the expensive halls of residence at my uni are called Mason. Lol.
Molz Weasley
Molz Weasley
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 180

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:08 pm

I thought you might be interested in Japenese things from their names Kimberley Razz

Oo! Jemma should become a divination professor that'd be great! Bertie would go to her classes, Mavis too - although Mavis would be a bit of a neville an smash cups and what not haha.

Now you mention Arabella sounding mean, I don't know if anyone ever watched The New Worst Witch? the rival character to the main character was called Belladona Bindweed! It's funny how bella (a beautifulish name) can be used in combination with other letters to create a more evil sounding name.
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 927
Special Abilities : Non-Verbal Magic, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:32 pm

Hmm. Let me think..

Adrienne Marie Reynolds -
I know someone named Addie, and I've always liked the name Adrienne. Sounded pretty, so I ran with it. Marie is sort of over used as a middle name, but it's better than mine. And I adore Ryan Reynolds, so that was.. yeah. xD

Audriana Nicole Swan -
Similar to Adrienne, I know someone name Audrey, but Audriana sounded really pretty to me. She was based partly off Ginnifer Goodwin's character in ONCE, so since her daughter's last name was Swan I chose that. And I just picked Nicole because it seemed to fit.

Carth Devin Brownlowe -
Carth is the name of my favorite character from Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic (A video game my roommate introduced me to). I loved him and wanted a character that reminded me of him. As for the first and last names, I went to one of those sites with name meanings and picked Brownlowe because it sounded sort of pureblood-ish to me. Devin was pulled from the most popular names of a few years back.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:28 am

I guess how I should say how I came by Romeo Blaise Zabini.

Romeo - Zabini is an Italian name so Blaise (his Father) is of italian decent so I googled italian boys names and it came up with a list of top ten. There was Enzo, Antonio and Romeo which I liked the most. I decided to go with Romeo as Zabini is a bit of a babe magnet and hey Romeo had Juliet!

Blaise - His father thinks highly of himself so would have chose his own name to be his eldest sons middle name.

Zabini - Well. J K Rowling gave me that name.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ekko D'Eath-Augustine Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:58 am

I'm gonna say how I came up with Liv's name :3

Olivia - Well... this one has a sort of deep meaning to it. It wasn't just a random choice... Here goes - There's a band I really like called Pierce the Veil, and there was this girl who loved them too. She ended up... committing suicide because of bullying and such... And the vocalist of the band wrote a song in dedication to her. She was a pretty and nice girl who didn't deserve to die and I loved her name so i decided to use it...

Makenzie - I'm not sure on this one really. I think Teen Beach Movie influenced my decision on that, but I changed the spelling a bit. I always liked this spelling better than Mackenzie.

Jones - With this one, I just couldn't think of a good last name and I chose the first name that I heard.
Ekko D'Eath-Augustine
Ekko D'Eath-Augustine
First Year Ravenclaw
First Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 424

http://twoworldscollide.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top