When The Weather 'Aint Good - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

When The Weather 'Aint Good - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

When The Weather 'Aint Good

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

When The Weather 'Aint Good - Page 2 Empty Re: When The Weather 'Aint Good

Post by Vivianna Varnes Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:29 pm

Vivianna smiled slightly as Darius told her that he would do nothing to upset her, if only everyone was so cooperative. But she was glad Darius had said it, she'd figured that the two of them could get along well.

His expression was surprisingly blank as she held out her palm, but as her hand disappeared it was clear he was interested. She held still as he grasped her hand. She could feel his hand around hers, but her eyes were telling her that Darius was holding thin air. Then again, it had to be a lot more shocking to the male's senses than to hers, she was used to the sensation.

As soon as he released her hand, she lifted the magic. Just her hand wasn't too draining, but she wasn't sure if Darius would want to see more later. Vivianna was very determined not to let the other Slytherin know just how much she could do. In this situation, it would be fun to leave him guessing. The fifth year also figured that being overestimated or underestimated could work to her advantage. There was something about the older Slytherin that just made her want to tell him everything. She wasn't sure if that was good, or very very bad. Or perhaps she was just being paranoid again.

"Oh," she said, she somehow hadn't expected that to be the first question he asked. "My uncle," she smiled wickedly at the mention of the man, "he taught my cousins and I." The witch thought back to the days when she had been terrified of the man, she wasn't anymore. Sure, he could be scary as hell when he wanted to be, but he had a good heart and a good mind. Beyond even that, he had agreed to teach her something that he'd considered not teaching his own children!

Then Vivianna got an idea. The girl was certain that she and Darius could be quite close, but there was something she needed to know first. "Darius, what are your thoughts on vampires? Quite a few people in my family aren't too fond of them and I was...just curious," the younger Slytherin's voice was innocent; she wanted his real views on the topic.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 1004

Back to top Go down

Post by Darius Dolohov Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:03 pm

Receiving „Oh“ as an answer, Darius arched his eyebrows at her. Was this a wrong question? He thought that he offended her somehow with his question. Did she expect something else? Like:“was it painful?“, „How do you feel during the transformation?“ etc. To be honest, he was not really interested in emotions, but he guesed that this was either uncomfortable or disturbing.
When she finally spoke, Darius was suprised by her sudden change of facial expression. Even if some guys found that devilish grin attractive, then Darius figured that he liked girls who had this sweet and innocent smile that reflected from their eyes.

“I see... So there's a whole bunch of the invisible kids, huh?“ He had to be careful then. Darius did not know if Vivianna's siblings attended this school or not. He had to keep himself on guard. He smirked at this thought. Every house had its pranksters, so did Slytherins. Would he live to see a rivalry? He hoped so. A good fight between the jokers was always an interesting play to spectate.

“Vampires?“ he repeated, surprised by the sudden change of topic. Was she also a vampire? What else could she surprise him with?
He wanted to make a nasty joke about that fact. If the vampire is pretty, I wouldn't mind her sucking my blood. That would be his usual and sarcastic answer, but Vivianna seemed to be serious about this, so Darius decided to be more polite towards the girl. “I don't mind them,“ he responded, voice deep and thoughtful. “I have to admit that at some point they scare me, but I wouldn't mind having one as a friend or just knowing one. Why?“ He crossed his fingers and leaned closer to Varnes:“Are you one?“
Darius Dolohov
Darius Dolohov
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 137

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:37 pm

Vivianna smiled, quite pleased. Darius had the official seal of approval. She had been slight worried that Darius would turn out to be one of those vampire haters, but he seemed pleasantly indifferent. Vivianna had known long ago that she could never be very close to someone who hated vampires, some of the most important people in her life were blood-drinkers!

Darius had given practically the perfect answer, anyone who didn't virtually grow up with vampires as she did, would be insane not to be scared of them. In truth, even she could get a little nervous around her uncle when he had that gleam in his eye.

When the elder Slytherin asked if she was a vampire, Vivianna had just shaken her head. She'd considered it, of course. Her uncle and cousins were vampires, and they were more family than her parents ever had been. If she let her uncle change her, then he would have more legal rights over her than her father, and she could go live with them properly. But Vivianna knew she didn't want that life.

"No, not a vampire," she told him, a smile on her face. "I'm just close to a few, and I'm not so fond of prejudice," the girl told Darius honestly, it's not like there was any point in lying to him now.

"Oh, and I suppose there's three of us," the witch added as an afterthought. Both of her cousins were better at Invisibility than her, but they did have an advantage. The two half-vampires were homeschooled, and so spent all year under their father's tutelage.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Darius Dolohov Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:41 pm

Darius had to admit that he felt much better when she said that she was not a vampire, though that would not change his attitude towards the girl. He knew that a child could not choose his or her parents, but then he'd have to act careful around her. Just in case. He did not want anyone to go leeching suddenly on him.
He lifted his head, dark eyes shining from amusement again. “And you're so concerned about my opinion?“ If he were Vivianna, he would not bother thinking about Darius unless they were some sort of best friends. But so far, they were only getting along well, right? Friendly, yes.

“Three...“ he echoed her words, clapping his hands. “Now I see... So, when someone makes you angry, you turn invisible, push them or hex them while being unseen and then act like nothing happened?“ He just had to make it sure for himself. Even if it was serious and even if he should be concerned, he did not feel like that. Oh my, if only he possessed the ability of invisibility! No, if only he, his brother had this ability... He knew that he'd hide or escape when he was younger. That would just come in handy.
Being thoughtful, and even a bit melancholy for a second, Darius smiled again. Right now wasn't the time to think about his past.

“Okay, I will never annoy or insult you anyhow. I don't want to get knocked out by an invisible powersource.“ He looked at her hand again. This was just incredible! “Is there anything else you could show me? I don't know... Maybe you can fly without a broom?“
Darius Dolohov
Darius Dolohov
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:16 pm

When Darius questioned why Vivianna was concerned about his views, she could see his point. Usually one didn't care so much about the "political views" of someone as close to her as Darius, which truthfully wasn't all that close. However, Vivianna simply didn't want to be friendly to someone who hated all vampires. Despite the fact she would have to hide a part of her life from them, it didn't say good things for the open-mindedness of the person in question either.

"Well, I was raised by vampires," she told him, hoping that no further explanation would be needed. While some would debate the fact, it was her truth. By the time she was five she'd spent more time in her uncle's home than her parent's, she figured that had to count for something.

Vivianna let out a ringing laugh when she thought back to Darius's words. She had never extracted revenge on someone while Invisible, although it was a good way to not get caught. She had considered doing so, the way that almost every student visualized murdering their least favorite teacher, but never had. Every time she had threatened someone, or finally gotten that revenge, she had wanted them to know it was her.

Truthfully, she rarely even thought about her Invisibility in that way. Her primary worry had always been to keep it secret, not flaunt it's usage. So she smiled up at Darius and said, "well it's not like I can do that now, you'd totally know it was me," before breaking out into a tiny fit of giggles she couldn't quite suppress. Once she'd calmed down, she spoke again, "fly without a broom, now that would be cool."
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Darius Dolohov Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:06 pm

Darius bit his cheek. It took some effort to be trusted by one and it also took some time to let all the information to digest. To be honest, it did not take much time for him to collect his thoughts about this all.
Vampire family or not, a house full of children who could turn themselves invisible or not, she was still his housemate, and as far as he could tell, she was acting nice towards him and he could also see that she needed someone who she could trust. And like always, the big brother figure Darius, was there. At this rate, he could already start adopting children and take them under his wing.

“I take it that your life has been interesting then?“ he asked, repositioning himself on the chair into a more comfortable position. “How do you manage living with them? I know that they act like normal humans, but when they are thirsty?“ While speaking, his eyes found her slim neck, searching for scars. According to legends, vampires bit the artery right on the left side, but wizarding world was different.

When she laughed, Darius could only smile. At least he did not make her cry or upset her. “You should laugh more often,“ Darius pointed out, complimenting her laughter. Over all, he liked when girls were positive, although manic obsession with positivity was sometimes tiring. “Ah-ha! So not only did I discover your plot to kill me while invisible, but also the fact that You'd really do it!“ It did not offend him, no, instead he felt touched. If someone really wanted to get rid of him, at least that someone had to put some effort in it all. “I don't know about that,“ he grimaced at the thought of flying. He was afraid of hights more than anything else. Even those spiders in the forest did not look as frightening as standing on two meter high rooftop.
Darius Dolohov
Darius Dolohov
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:50 pm

"I guess interesting is one way to put it," Vivianna responded, thinking more of her parents than of her uncle. Since it was one of those things that has always been a part of her life, she'd never considered how strange most people would consider being practically raised by vampires. While it was something most people would shy away from, for Vivianna it had always been the simple matter of choosing the lesser of two evils between her father and uncle.

"It wasn't difficult, living with them. Sure, I was a bit scared of my uncle when I was little, but I got over that pretty quickly," the girl told her companion honestly. "And we were always pretty responsible, made sure to have extra blood around and stuff," she informed Darius, shrugging off his worries about feeding.

Glancing at into eyes, and noticing they were searching her neck, her lips twisted upwards. "You're looking at the wrong place," Vivianna's words came out as a half-laugh, as she held up her left wrist. "I only let them feed off me a few times, like when my cousin got hurt and we didn't have any blood handy. But my aunt's brilliant with healing charms and the like so I don't even have any scars from it," the teen was quite pleased with this, she had enough scars from her clumsy tendencies.

The girl blushed again as Darius complemented her laugh, she really needed to learn how to control her blood flow so that would stop happening. The 5th year frowned slightly as Darius grimaced at the mention of flight. "Well, I'd love to be able to do that, wouldn't have to bother to climb next time I wanted up in a tree," she half-joked, the girl adored heights.

((OOC- Hey there! PA made some changes and removed Invisibility as an Ability, this causes a few problems for this thread. I would say it was Wandless magic, but Vivianna isn't old enough to apply for that. So, we're just going to have to continue the thread, accept the invisibility stuff as truth, move on, and never mention it again. Any questions?))
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Darius Dolohov Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:43 pm

Darius would be afraid to live a day with a vampire even if he or she was not thirsty. It was just something too foreign for him, so he thought that being afraid of something like that in the beginning was normal.
But then again, living with normal humans probably wasn't normal for Vivianna. He took her words in consideration. Vampires were able to live longer than normal humans therefore they were more tolerant? When he was informed that they had packages of blood in case of feeding emergency, he calmed down a bit.

He murmured a quiet apology when he was busted, but then she revealed her wrist and Darius had to bend over the table to see something. The reason why he saw no scars was soon explained. “I see...“ He replied. Although he feared all that blood sucking, and he disliked this little topic over all, he thought that even if he'd avoid this situation, he'd still end up feeding his vampire friend. If he'd have one.

“Yeah, well, I'd avoid climbing on the trees as well.“ He'd avoid everything that was related to hights. It was already hard enough for him to move from one stair to another, specially when they changed their positions. He always had to look down and feel how something hard dropped in his stomach. And what was it? Fear, obviously. Other's never noticed it, however. They were either too tired or they just did not care that one of them was basically dying of fear. He shivered again. “But I assume that you're good at Quidditch?“ he asked, trying to get his thoughts to something more comfortable.
Darius Dolohov
Darius Dolohov
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:43 pm

Vivianna would have to be blind to see that Darius was starting to get uncomfortable with the vampire conversation. She could understand, to a point. It was a lot of information, and not the most innocent information either. However hypocritical, Vivianna figured she'd be uncomfortable around a werewolf even days before the full moon. It was human nature, the girl figured, to be afraid of such things. It was the people who took it to extremes, that no longer should have the validity of that excuse.

"Not a heights person?" the Slytherin couldn't help but ask. The witch would have lived in a tree if she could. Climbing was something she enjoyed, and often used to calm herself as well. When Darius asked if she was good at Quidditch, Vivianna just smiled in response. "No, I don't play. I love flying, flying's great. But I'm not particularly a fan of the game," she replied.

"How about you, I know you're not on our house team, but are you a Quidditch fan?" she couldn't quite see Darius as a big supporter of the sport, jumping up and down on the sidelines, but she asked anyway. Just because a person didn't like flying didn't mean they had to hate Quidditch, the irritating posters in her dorm proved this all too well. It was ridiculous in Vivianna's opinion. They moved constantly, and there was a particular Tornados poster that refused to shut up. The teen has been temped to burn the thing more times than she could count.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Darius Dolohov Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:49 am

Darius shook his head. He was happy on his feet on the ground and he saw no need using a broom. When he had to travel somewhere, he either teleported or used other devices and abilities, but never a broom or anything that would lift him in the air.
He noticed that Vivianna was rather pleased with the topic. If anyting, he could assume that she would love climb on the top of the Eiffel tower and examine the city from there. Darius wouldn't mind that as well to be honest. Paris was very beautiful, but he'd fain in the elevator before they'd reach the top.

He smiled. Darius noticed that not every girl actually liked Quidditch. It didn't surprise him. Hitting one ball with a bat wasn't for any girl. It required strenght and at the same time speed, but he liked watching girls play this game, though. They had the perfect sence of balance and they knew how to handle situation on broom, although not always was it the same on the ground.

“Hm, no. I mean I sometimes watch our team play, but I don't really like it that much.“ Something about Vivianna encouraged him to continue. Maybe it was because both of them finally earned one another's trust? He really hoped so. Would be nice to trust a person once in a while. [b]“I actually like soccer and volleyball. You know those games that muggles play?“[/Color] Darius smiled. He had no idea how Varnes would react about his interest in muggle's sport, but he didn't even care about that much. Although muggles were boring at times, there were still many things that impressed him. Like those small screeny phones they now had. The same thing was with the sport. Darius sometimes ended up playing volleyball with some people on the beach or soccer in the park with them. What amazed him about them was that some of them held a greater tolerance against people than the wizards who spoke about equality.
Darius Dolohov
Darius Dolohov
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top