Great minds think alike - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Great minds think alike - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Great minds think alike

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Great minds think alike - Page 2 Empty Re: Great minds think alike

Post by Shadow Macnair Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:21 pm

((Ooc: all good, I made up the flooding bathroom part, cause I just see them doing it! Razz))
Shadow rolled her eyes at him and gave him a playful shove. "Hey! the only reason why I'm so good at potions is because it runs in my blood!"said Shadow honestly. "But in all honesty Potions is the only class worth while."said Shadow. All the other classes were dull and boring in her opinion, all they did was make her fall asleep in them. Shadow laughed at his reply. "You know it!" said Shadow winking at him for laughing once again. Shadow and Andrei were different, but it was there difference that made them get along so well.

Shadow smirked at his reply. "Oh Andrei my dear friend, oh ever did you know?"Shadow asked him in a teasing voice. "Uh I know, if not that there just to preppy and whiny it's disgusting!"said Shadow rolling her eyes. Shadow sure wasn't preppy or whiny, she was considered serious and cold hearted which was true at times. "I love adventure, hell I got so many detentions for that it's unreal! Remember when we flooded the second floor bathroom? we had detention for a month!"said Shadow chuckling. From sneaking out pass curfew to flooding the second floor bathroom with Andrei she did it all.

"You do know if you do decide to date her, it will be spreading around the school like mad right?"Shadow asked him. "Although I don't mind if you do, but if she ever hurts you I will crush her."said Shadow smiling. They were always very protected of each other and had each others back, it was just the way they were with each other. "Me on the other hand, I don't think there a guy here at Hogwarts that could handle me, I'm to much for them!"said Shadow laughing. "Your just my best friend and you can't even handle me at times!" said Shadow in a teasing laugh.

Shadow laughed. "Hey none of those were my idea, they were all my parents doing!"said Shadow shaking her head. "Do you think I liked them either? merlin I hated them with a passion."said Shadow shaking her head. "Oh I think it can, I'm in a arrange marriage and I don't even know who it is!"said Shadow shaking her head. "Another part of my parents running my life!"said Shadow sighing.

Shadow Macnair
Shadow Macnair
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrei Dolohov Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:01 pm

Andrei laughed out loud when she mentioned their bathroom disaster. "Hey that detention was completely worth it", he said with a laugh. "And not like it was our only one", he added with a chuckle. He rolled his eyes when she talked about Avis and him dating. It was true, if Hogwarts found out about it they would chop them both into pieces. He would never see the end of it. "First of all, I'm not going to date anyone anytime soon. And secondly, I think it's adorable when you get all protective and worried about me. But there's no need for something like that. I'm a big boy I promised", Andrei told her with a smirk.

"Well I must admit that your parent's matchmaking skills aren't the best. But then again you are a very hard person to shop for when it comes to the husband department", he said laughing. He knew very well that any match her parents made will not be right for her. And even if it was, she would rebel against in anyways. "Don't be so surprised by that fact. Knowing my family, I'm probably engaged to someone already. Or to a few of them actually. But that doesn't mean you will end up marrying them. Don't pay attention it much, I don't"

"Look if you're that worried about the whole thing let me promise you something. If we are both old and single then I will marry you. I mean why not, I'm sure we would work out better than most married couple out there. At least we wouldn't fight that much and we get along well together, which is more than I could say for many others. So lets say if we are both thirty and single and your parents are all over you and mine will surely be, then I'll marry you", he told her with a smile.
Andrei Dolohov
Andrei Dolohov
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 271

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Macnair Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:42 pm

Shadow laughed at his reply. " Oh it was totally worth it, and if I can do it again I would the look on moaning Myrtle face when we flooded her bathroom was priceless!"said Shadow laughing. Shadow chuckled at his reply. "Oh Andrei my dear friend, we still many more to go!"said Shadow winking at him. Andrei and Shadow were troublemakers from day one, they did multiple things together from drinking to drugs they did it all together. Although they kept each others secrets very well, sometimes to well but they were partners in crime. "Hey seeing how it's Spring break and all, I was thinking about throwing some chaos?"Shadow asked him smirking.When he talked about dating Shadow and her protecting him she rolled her eyes. "Oh I know you can, I see you do it."said Shadow smirking at him.

Shadow rolled her eyes at his comment. "If my bloody parents would let me decide who I want to marry and not them then I wouldn't be so hard to please!"said Shadow crossing her arms. "Besides you said for yourself, half the boys they pick for me are dimwitted and idiots!"said Shadow. "Besides, I'm not sure I want to know who I'm suppose to be married to!"said Shadow. Shadow chuckled at his reply. "Same for me, I got in so many arranged marriages I think I already have like five ex husbands!"said Shadow laughing.

Shadow looked at him and smiled. "You know your right Andrei, of course we might bicker every now and then but we hardly ever fight."said Shadow honestly. "I wonder if that's the reason why all the girls in our house and my year are jealous of me."said Shadow smirking. Of course her and Andrei knew of this for the longest time, and they both thought it was funny. They both played hard to get, and toe honest Shadow didn't want to date anytime soon, she was happy being single. "Ok Andrei but you know I will hold this promise against you!"said Shadow winking at him.

Shadow Macnair
Shadow Macnair
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrei Dolohov Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:22 am

"To be honest I didn't even think of spring break, can you imagine? I have no idea how I missed that, must be really losing my mind then. But I agree, spring break calls for some trouble. It always did, remember? It's our tradition that we simply can't break now. What did you have in mind?", he asked with a curious grin. "I'd say just leaving this place would be a great improvement. Perhaps we should leave the country as well? Just go somewhere. I doubt my parents would notice or say anything about it. I'm sure you could lie skilfully to yours as well if necessary. I have plenty of money left over. What do you think?", he asked slowly getting excited by the idea. Leaving Hogwarts and going far away to somewhere foreign was exactly what he needed to relax and get his head straight.

"Just be happy you're still in Hogwarts and have an excuse to get away from things like that. You have to concentrate on your studies and all that crap. But once you're out, that excuse goes out the window. Only then you will see the level of annoying your parents can truly reach. Trust me, it's like that all the time. So I would pick someone by then, even if it's just for pretend. I know a feel people who are doing that now, in secret of course. It's working for them so far. When you don't have a choice, that's your last option", he said shrugging his shoulders. He felt bad for Shadow knowing that the pressure to marry well and on time was much heavier on her than it was on him as a male. He was given some time to go crazy and do whatever until they pull him into a marriage.

"Oh they are jealous of you, are they", he asked with a laugh, as this was new a information to his ears. "Hmm I doubt I am the reason, Shadow. But yeah, you know I keep my promises", he said with a wink. "We both know I am not telling you everything here Shadow", he said suddenly with a sigh, as his gaze turned to her. He glanced into her eyes for a moment and then looked away. He couldn't pretend anymore, not with Shadow. And it was obvious that she knew something was going on, she knew Andrei way to well not to notice. "And I want to clear things right now. I don't want you to worry or to ask me about anything. I just need you to trust me on this one, alright?", he asked her.
Andrei Dolohov
Andrei Dolohov
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Macnair Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:22 pm

"I think that would be a great idea Andrei, just escape this place and life for a week and just have some fun!"said Shadow. Shadow rolled her eyes at his comment of their parents not knowing. "Pff... there so busy with planning my life for me I don't even think they will notice!"said Shadow honestly. "I say we go somewhere that has a bench so we can have like a beach party and get crazy drunk!"said Shadow laughing. Leaving Hogwarts and life behind was a good idea, even if it was just for alittle while. Besides what could be better then spending spring break with your best friend causing alittle trouble?

"Ugh... don't remind me, I want to stay as far away from that as possible for now."said Shadow. Hogwarts was her last resort that was away from her parents for a whole year, but once it was summer time she was hounded with dates with various pureblood guys. All of them usually ended up in a total disaster that she had to clean up herself cause her parents told her it was her fault that she was so picky. Shadow wasn't picky, she just wanted to pick who she wanted to marry and be with, she wanted real love not just some arrangement that her parents made. Shadow may not seem like that type of person, but she wanted what other people had someone to cuddle with and someone who loved her as she loved them.

"Obviously, I mean come what else could it be?"Shadow asked him chuckling before taking a drink of her butterbeer. "Hm... that might be true, but me hanging around a sexy beast like that they are sure to talk."said Shadow winking at him. "Good, now we know were on the same page."said Shadow smirking at him. Shadow looked at him with her sapphire eyes and sighed. "I honestly don't know why your keeping this so secretive from me, we used to tell each other everything!"said Shadow looking away alittle hurt by all this. "Fine, I won't worry or ask you another single question on this stupid matter!"said Shadow crossing her arms.
Shadow Macnair
Shadow Macnair
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrei Dolohov Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:39 pm

"Ah beach! You said that part right. Aren't you bloody bored of the weather here? Always rainy and cold. It's a miracle if you even see the sun a few times a week, let alone expect it to be warm. Let's go somewhere sunny. Like Spain for example. I heard they had pretty beaches and all, should be fun. It's not that far away and I've never been there. To be, that fits the profile. What do you think?", he asked her, offering his suggestions. He didn't really mind where they would go, just a place where wearing a jacket wasn't required would be fine for him.

"I think you have a better opinion of me than most people Shadow", he said laughing out loud at her comment. He might be popular among the female population of Slytherin, but it was the idea of him that girls like the most. In their minds, he was the perfect mixture of bad boy and parent approving match. With him they could have it all, a little bit of fun and trouble and their parents of their back. But in reality, it wasn't all that perfect like they thought. Andrei definitely did not fit into that imaginary stereotype but he accepted it rather than fighting against it too much, as he knew that would be useless.

Andrei could tell that this subject was making Shadow mad, he was expecting that after all. But what he didn't expect was how hurt she felt that he was keeping something from her and he could tell it clearly from her face. "Shadow...I am not keeping anything from you. And we still tell each other everything! It's just that - well I don't know. It's best this way. And you wouldn't exactly approve". Shadow was never one to judge, especially not him. But Andrei still knew she just wouldn't understand. And she would be worried about him, which was unnecessary. "Hey - look at me. Don't be mad, ok?", he said softly reaching out for her hand.

"Can we talk about something else? Maybe about how lovely you'll look in your white debutante ball gown for example", he told her with a teasing grin, gladly changing the subject to the first thing that came to his mind. "You are going to that ball, right? Please tell me you are, because I couldn't face it being there all alone with a bunch of nutjobs"
Andrei Dolohov
Andrei Dolohov
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Macnair Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:05 pm

"You got that right, I'm so tired of the weather here at Hogwarts so depressing!"said Shadow rolling her eyes. "Hm... Spain sounds like fun, plus I never been there before either so this shall be fun and interesting!"said Shadow smirking. "I just want to go to a place where it's sunny and warm!"said Shadow honestly. "You want it just the two of us or shall we invite our friends?"Shadow asked him. "I honestly don't mind if we invite some people or if we do this just the two of us."said Shadow.

Shadow chuckled at his comment. "Well... I know you duh! we knew each other for awhile now, hell we probably knew each other since we were little!"said Shadow laughing. "Hell I think were the hottest people in Slytherin, so people are bound to be jealous of us!"said Shadow smirking. "Besides, everyone thinks were so great when were actually not, I mean I'm not!"said Shadow smirking. Although alot of guys thought Shadow was their dream come true, but to be honest she wasn't she was just a girl. If anyone knew her better then herself it was Andrei, he basically knew everything about her, her favorite color to her deepest secrets.

Shadow looked at him her sapphire eyes giving him a disapproval look obviously not very happy with him. The only reason I ask you these questions and I worry about you is because I care your my best friend!"said Shadow honestly. " But Fine, like I said before I won't worry or ask you any questions."said Shadow. "I'm not mad, I'm alittle upset yes but I'm not mad!"said Shadow jerking her hand away from his. "Why are you so surprised by this? I mean I am a girl and I have feelings you know!"said Shadow crossing her arms.

Shadow shrugged at his reply. "I don't know if I'm going or not, my parents are making me go though but I don't think I will."said Shadow honestly. "They think I'll find a pureblood there and marry him."said Shadow sighing. "But yes I got a dress and it is white, my mum got it for me though."said Shadow.
Shadow Macnair
Shadow Macnair
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrei Dolohov Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:42 pm

"I'm not sure. I was actually thinking of bringing... Alice with me - if you don't mind that is", he said a bit awkwardly, which was not something that was commonly seen in Andrei's speech. Him and Alice had already spoken about plans for Easter break and she has, more than just indirectly, guided him to the conclusion that she would want to come with him. To wherever, that was what she said, since this would be the first independent trip for the Hufflepuff. He didn't really have much choice, if he wanted to keep his plan in check. And honestly he didn't mind Alice's company at all, she was very interesting and refreshing in a way. But he was a bit worried he would be bringing along a child he would happy to baby sit, and not a friend to have fun.

"Ugh well I couldn't really argue with that. We are pretty awesome if I may say so myself. Especially when we plan something together. It just can't go wrong", he said with a teasing grin and laughed. It was true, Shadow and Andrei made quite a pair, always have.

Andrei sighed when he met her disapproving glance, he had saw that look many times before and could easily recognize it. "I know that you care. And that's why am I telling you this. So you can relax and not worry. Right? Or at least that's my hope", he said. He knew she was angry but he still couldn't predict her pulling her hand away from his in a strong manner. "Upset? I know when you are upset and this is not it. Furious is more likely. But it's okay, I get why. I can't honestly say I wouldn't react the same way if I was in your shoes", he said shrugging his shoulders, a little hurt at her gesture.

Even though Andrei tried to change the topic for a good reason, it didn't work. She answered his question still obviously lost in her thoughts about the previous one. "If you're going to whine about my behavior like my mother, then I might as well order a few drinks first", he said a little too harshly than he had intended. More often than not, Andrei let his hot-headed temper get the best of him, even with Shadow. "Look I'm sorry - I really didn't mean to say that. You know how I get at times", he said with a deep say, hoping she would understand and now blow up like he did. "I am doing some research you could say, on a project. It's part of the Dark Followers agenda, so I was guessing that you wouldn't approve of it at all. Tell me differently if I'm wrong, "
Andrei Dolohov
Andrei Dolohov
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Macnair Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:24 am

Shadow rolled her eyes as she mentioned that Longbottom girl once again, Shadow didn't like her she was to whiny and goody-good for Shadow's taste. "Seriously Andrei I thought I told you she's not good enough for you!"said Shadow honestly. "I mean hello, one she's clinging, two she's whiny and three she's a goody-good."said Shadow shaking her head. "That states right there that she isn't for you, you need someone rebellious and put up with you and Alice isn't it!"said Shadow. Shadow nevered liked anyone Andrei ever went out with, as a matter of fact she hated all of them. "Well... if you invite Alice, I'll invite Kaiden to come as well!"said Shadow.

Shadow laughed. "Ah yes.... we planned so trouble were the king and queen of troublemaking!"said Shadow laughing. Shadow and Andrei were a unstoppable pair, once the party rocked it wasn't no stopping with them.

Shadow cursed to herself for Andrei knew her to well, he could read her like a book without trying to. "Fine... I won't ask you of this EVER again I promise!"said Shadow honestly truly meaning what she said. "You know I'm only furious because I feel like your shutting me out!"said Shadow honestly. "But if you say it's not then I believe you, and I will step down."said Shadow. Of course Shadow didn't like, but what choice did she have? Andrei wasn't going to tell her his planned no mattered how much she asked.

Shadow's sapphire eyes glared at him as if ice were piercing through your very soul. "Don't you dare say that Andrei! you know better then I do that's not the case!"Shadow hissed back at him. Once he apologized Shadow glared at him. "Yes I know how you get at times, but you know I hate going to these stupid things, all it is for is to see if they can find me a husband!"said Shadow sighing. Shadow had a hot temper just like Andrei did, that was probably why they gotten along so well. They were rebellious, stubborn as a mule, hot-headed and self-centered at times, together. they were quite a pair.

Shadow Macnair
Shadow Macnair
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrei Dolohov Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:24 am

Andrei laughed at her comments and just shook his head. It was no secret that Shadow didn't like any of his female friends, as it seemed that she had a much higher standard that Andrei did. "First of all, sweetie, you think no one is good enough. If I listened to your advise, I think I would die a very lonely and sad virgin, that's for sure", he said with a laugh. "And second what does that even mean? She has no reason to be clingy to mean, nor is she. And you're right, she's neither rebellious nor fun. In any way possible. Except apparently when you put a gallon of alcohol and some spice in her system. But I guess everyone is at that state", he said with a smirk.

"What I'm trying to say is that we're not dating. So she doesn't have to be all those things. I'm not even messing around with the girl so chill. She's actually pretty cool if you know her. Come on show the poor little thing some fun. I'm sure this is like the trip of her lifetime or something. So be nice", he warned her. A chuckle came off his lips and a confused stare when she mentioned Kaiden. He was actually a good friend of him and Andrei had no objections of him coming. But why did Shadow suggest him in such a quick manner. "Umm - alright. I guess that could be fair, you can pick whoever you want. Kaiden is a good pick. But - why? I mean....why him?? Kaiden?", he asked, perhaps a bit too curiously than he had wanted to come off.

Andrei bit her lip when Shadow hissed back at him. This was how it usually went. He blew up and so did Shadow, there was no way he could stop that chain of reaction. But the last thing he wanted right now was a fight between the two of them. "Yes, I know... I'm sorry Shadow I really am", he said genuinely meaning it. "Let's not talk about that then anymore, alright? Perhaps that is really the best", he said shrugging his shoulders not really knowing how to get through this topic without raising hell around them. He wanted to be honest with Shadow he really did, but he couldn't for many reasons.

"But tell me again...did you think of inviting Kaiden even before I mentioned Alice?", he asked quickly returning back to the last topic, still over concentrating on the fact that she mentioned his friend's name so quickly and off the top of her head. Perhaps it meant nothing, but maybe his instincts were right.
Andrei Dolohov
Andrei Dolohov
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top