Home Sweet Home
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Home Sweet Home Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Home Sweet Home

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Home Sweet Home Empty Home Sweet Home

Post by Micki McKoon Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:49 pm

Micki's house was pretty much like any other on the street she lived. Well, except for all the plants, and the junk, and basically everything else about it. Originally the house had been one of those quaint little ones with a flower bed, a chimney, maybe some other stuff around back, but Micki had taken over, and felt no shame for this. What used to be white siding was now tinged grey, and covered in odd looking vines.

Flowers of all shapes and sizes clung to the roof and the fence, not to mention the old bike out front as well. But that wasn't the weirdest thing in the garden, dirigible plums sat rooted right outside her front door. What looked like a venomous tentacula sat in the front window of the house, a window almost completely covered by a dense tangle of flowers and vines.

Wolfsbane, dandelions, weeds, aconite, Abyssinian shrivelfig, asphodel, daisies, dittany, Flitterbloom, Flutterby bushes, gillyweed, ginger, gurdyroot, and many many others.

All of these plants sit, overgrown and full of weeds around Micki's house. None of this Micki looked at as she waltzed inside the house, carrying more jars of what looked like tiny shoots of some dark plant, and other various plants in them. Micki was inside for maybe half an hour, before waltzing back out into her garden dressed in nothing but short-shorts, and a tanktop, a huge wide brimmed hat and bare feet. In her hands she held clippers and an empty wicker basket.

She set to taking care of her garden, pulling the large amounts of weeds, and trimming some vines back, overall starting to make the house look better.

((OOC: Anyone can walk by if you want to! Here is a rough look of the house: here))
Micki McKoon
Micki McKoon
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Home Sweet Home Empty Re: Home Sweet Home

Post by Lenora Kitson Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:59 am

With a cup of coffee in one and her usual scone in the other, Lenora decided to take the long way back to her small home. A small cottage like thing in the middle of nowhere it seemed like . She didn't know why she got the place but she knew it fit her needs quite well. Meaning she wasn't the richest witch in the world, actually she wasn't even close to being rich. Yet She didn't dwell on the thought of her wealth. Though she did have to get home, her dog would be throwing a fit by now tearing up the furniture, or what little furniture there was in her small home.

Determined to get home, for the thought of seeing what little she had a mess as her dog sits upon it in triumph did not please her the slightest. She sped up her pace hoping that she would get home before her thoughts became reality, but on her way home she saw the strangest house that she had ever seen. There were lots of plants, the place looked as if it were made of plants truthfully. when she saw the house she became a little sketchy whether to pass near it, she made herself slow down to take a step at a time.

She loved plants, she really did, but there was a problem she had when she got near them at times, especially when she was really moody. Cautiously with her stomach doing flips, she made it closer to the house. Even though it was strange, it had a homey feeling about it, which made it lovely to look upon. Tilting her head to the side, then to the other, Lenora lifted her hand to her chin. Eyes roamed every detail that they could, squinting then unsquinting them. She started to think that she found her next model for her painting. Looking closer she saw movement in the garden. moving closer she wanted to see if it was the owner, she wanted to ask permission before she started her project.

Knowing quite well what she might find at home later on, her dog could wait.
Lenora Kitson
Lenora Kitson
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Micki McKoon Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:19 am

Micki was humming lightly when the girl walked up to the house, but Micki's back was turned, bent over a particularly thorny bush and tugging at it with all her might, her hums stopping and being replaced by words. "Dost thou wishest to see the light of day again?! If thou wishest it thou best remove thineself from the ground you vile thing!" Micki used a few choice swear words and suddenly fell onto the ground, the bush completely unbroken in front of her. "You vile thing! I do not appreciate getting shoved! Must I teachest you manners?!" Micki cried, glaring at the plant and standing up, brushing off the thorns from her pants and glancing down at the stinging cuts along her legs.

"Lookest what thou hast made me do! If thine interactions cause more bodily harm thou shalt not be taken into the back with the other weeds, but thrown into a dump!" Micki cried and adjusted her hat angrily, glaring at the bush that seemed to grow smaller and look almost ashamed at her feet. "Yes! Thou shouldest feel sorry! I do not wish you harm! Just to remove you from the front, where you are spoiling the niceness of the garden with thine thorns!" She said with a humph and set to trying to pull the plant up again.

This time it popped out of the ground without so much as a struggle! "Good! Thou hast come to thine senses! You vile thing." Micki muttered angrily and then turned around, holding the dark black, thorny bush in one hand, and her basket in the other. "Oh! Visitor!" Micki put the black bush into her basket and put her hands on her hips, cuts on her arms and legs bleeding slightly from the thorns, and sweat dripping off her face as she nodded to the girl. "Dost thine needest mine assistance?"
Micki McKoon
Micki McKoon
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenora Kitson Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:09 am

Lenora looked upon the the scene for a while before she tilted her head in confusion. It interested her, yet deeply confused her at the same time. She didn't know what to make of it. She watched as the girl had, what it seemed to Lenora, a battle with the plant. Swearing and a distinct vocab to go with it. In a way it fascinated her, and decided to stay to find out the outcome, instead of leaving like a normal person would. Already she visualized the outcome of scene in head, making it more dramatic than it probably would be really. But somehow she didn't care, this place kept getting better and better for her imagination. There were so many new ideas forming inside her head that she wanted to get out on a blank piece of canvas with a splash of paint.

When the plant had given in to the insistent tugging of the girl, the victory as Lenora had suspected wasn't the least bit glorious. though she still pictured it as if it were. She saw it as if the girl was bathed in a bright light that shone from the sky above, and a stance that told all that she had conquered the plant once in for all. Repressing the laugh that was threatening to come forth, allowing only a smile.

When the girl finally noticed her, she wasn't quite sure what to do or how to respond right away. Her smile faded to a mouth slightly ajar. "Uhhh... Oh! Oh yes, i actually do. You see your house is very interesting. I've never seen anything like it before. Never. And i was wonder if you wouldn't mind if i used is as my next model for a new painting i idea that i had?" Her hopes were raised, enough that she had become excited to know the answer. She waited for the answer, and out of the corner of her eye, she could see a slight movement. Cursing herself in her head, she acted as if she didn't know, looking forward with high anticipation and a smile.
Lenora Kitson
Lenora Kitson
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Micki McKoon Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:26 am

Micki put a hand on her hip, balancing her basket with the thorn bush in it, and her eyes narrowed, staring at the girl in the street. She strode forward and leaned against her fence, her eyes staring straight into the girls' at much too close a distance. "Tis be no small wonder why thineself hast not seen a house such as this before. If thou dost not believe in magic, thou dost not believe what thine own eyes see true in mine garden."

Micki leaned back, staring at the girl for a long moment. "A muggle such as thineself might see a regular garden.. dost thou see a regular garden? Stare at the plants, dost thou see daisies or gurdyroot? Dost thou see vines, or venemous tentacula?" She asked, staring intently at the girl. "If thou dost see Gurdyroot and tentacula, then dost allowed to come in for tea, I shall ponder your question of painting though, for a while longer yet." Micki nodded once, and walked into the house, her hair streaming behind her, the door wide open, waiting if Lenora would decide to venture inside or not.
Micki McKoon
Micki McKoon
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenora Kitson Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:49 am

Lenora eyed the girl in a confused manner but didn't show it on her face. She tried to keep her smile upon her face. Yet it was hard when her eyebrows wanted to furrow. Taking a moment to glance down at herself, she wondered if she really looked like a muggle as the girl had suggested she was. The last that Lenora knew, she was a witch, but giving a slight shrug of her shoulders she took a step forward and glanced at the garden. It was beautiful beyond a doubt, with many types of plants growing that she had trouble trying to find the name for in her head.

"Your garden is beautiful. It actually reminds me of my grandmothers garden, i use to think i was in a far way world. But as for your house, it's unique and i actually don't see may houses like yours. I live out by some wooded area out a ways from town." She took a moment to look at the plants again, exotic and magical. She gave a small smile. " well to answer i don't see the typical flowers and plants that most people would plant in an average garden."

Inside Lenora secretly wished that the girl would eventually say yes, but for now she started to head inside the house. But before she did, she eyed the little flower that had managed to bud from her excitement. Quickly she plucked it after stashing her scone in her purse and hid it in her sweater pocket before stepping through the entry way.
Lenora Kitson
Lenora Kitson
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Micki McKoon Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:09 pm

Micki made a face when the girl called her garden average. "Average! Dost thou makest jokes now?" Micki had gone inside and was now handling a wooden spoon, which she immediately turned on the newcomer to her house.

The house, while eccentric on the outside, was possibly more so on the inside. Potted plants hung everywhere, some of them fluttering by themselves with no wind, a dresser was making odd creaking noises and seemed to be rattling slightly. When you first entered it was into the kitchen area, with a small dining room to the right, beyond that opened into a living room and then straight ahead from the door led down a hallway, a very short hallway that consisted of only three doors, one was ajar and inside it was obviously a bedroom, the others most likely lead to outside and the bathroom.

Micki was standing by the stove in the kitchen, brandishing her wooden spoon towards the woman. "If dost see a normal, average garden, I darest say dost a muggle and shalt not be allowed one step further!" She exclaimed, brandishing the spoon again in a menacing manner before turning back to her stove and stirring whatever was inside a giant pot on the stove.
Micki McKoon
Micki McKoon
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenora Kitson Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:24 am

Seeing the spoon being pointed threateningly at her, Lenora stopped short from taking a step into the house. Throwing her hands up in defensively, she placed her foot back behind her just in case. "I'm sorry, so very sorry. I didn't mean any offense to your garden. All I meant was that your garden is beyond the norm of what I see most people plant. Usually what i see walking around is the everyday flowers in a typical garden. But I love yours, Its magical, plus I love it even more for the Asphodels. Amazing! Beautiful with so many different uses." Letting herself go off about asphodels was amazing. She loved those flowers, even though they got a bad rep as being the main flower for the Greek underworld.

"Besides." She let her hands down toward her purse and picked it up, giving it a light bounce. "If i was a muggle, i wouldn't be able to lug my art supplies with me where ever I went in this lovely thing." To prove her point she opens it and just slightly pulls forth a folded easel, and places it back carefully. she didn't want her scone to get squashed. "Again I'm so sorry if i offended your garden I didn't mean too."

Lenora took her foot that was behind her and placed it in front of her to take a step. She noticed all the plants that were inside. It was homey in the inside as well as the outside. Though Lenora was still being cautious of everything, Her every nerve, every cell was on high alert. She didn't want to over react in this place. Even though it felt comfortable. It reminded her of her own home. Her small little cottage out in the middle of no where. As She placed her foot upon the floor, a small smile flitted across her lips.
Lenora Kitson
Lenora Kitson
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Micki McKoon Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:33 am

Micki snorted when the girl spoke, apologizing over and over again. "Apologies fall on deaf ears girl!" Micki muttered darkly, still stirring her spot with haste, before spinning around to look at the woman, wondering what she was still doing there. She spoke of the Asphodel in her garden, and Micki froze, one eyebrow raising suspiciously as she stalked forward, still holding her spoon in a slightly threatening manner.

"Dost thou see Asphodel in my garden?" Micki walked a circle around Lenora before staring at her bag and immediately grinning at it. "Dost mine eyes deceive me? Thee be a witch!" she exclaimed and nodded approvingly. "Good, if thou had been a muggle, Thou would have been kicked out by anti-muggle spells." She grinned and immediately went back to her pot, ladling out some of the contents and putting it in mugs. "Gurdyroot." She said simply, and passed the bitter drink to the other witch.
Micki McKoon
Micki McKoon
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenora Kitson Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:02 am

Lenora's nerves still buzzed, but started to simmer down when the girl had finally accepted her inside the house. It had bugged Lenora some being mistaken for a muggle for so long. She had to mentally keep herself under check. It was one thing to get mad and go on a rampage at your own home, but being a guest to another's was unacceptable. Normally when she got mad, things would go flying across a room, the reason why she didn't have much in her home, and worried about her dog destroying what she did have.

Lenora mentally swiped invisible sweat from her forehead in relief. A soft sigh, escaped through her nose, which she quickly made into a pleased hum. "I would love some Gurdyroot. It would make up for my occasional drink I come in to the city to get." looking down at the cup in her hand that she had forgotten,and gave a slight shrug. "Besides i think it's gone cold now." She looked for a place to set her coffee, as she took the mug in her free hand and thanked the witch.

"Yeah, I saw the asphodels. They are my favorite flower of all time. My grandmother use to plant them in her garden, as did my mother. In a way they make things seem, when I was younger, like a fairy tale... So they have a sentimental meaning for me." She lifted the mug to her lips taking a drink and let the warmth run down her throat. "Oh, I almost forgot, an introduction as I was talking business before hand. I'm Lenora Kitson." She would have offered her hand but realized that it was still occupied by a disposable coffee cup.
Lenora Kitson
Lenora Kitson
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top