Things needed a good change
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Things needed a good change Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Things needed a good change

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Things needed a good change Empty Things needed a good change

Post by Danny Thompson Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:36 am

God, he hated Knockturn Alley.

In comparison of Diagon and Knockturn, it was like comparing Niagara Falls to Shanghai. One place was something amazing and magical, while the other just felt like a place you shouldn't ever be at, mostly because of the Chinese mafia, but thank god there wasn't a wizard mafia. If there was...well in all honesty, that'd be pretty cool. Make a pretty decent movie too if someone ever wanted to make a screenplay out of it.

Yet Danny had been walking inside Knockturn, something he had always regretted every time he step foot in that area, but he needed to do this. Rumors had it that an old friend of his had been walking around here still, and knowing this friend of his, he probably had a lot of information about his brother. Possibly even knew where he was. He hoped he had an attitude of 'oh you helped me out in the past, here's something in return.' He did free him from Azkaban after all, y'know, that supposedly impenetrable wizard jail that was basically cracked by a seventeen year old kid? Yet knowing him, he probably wouldn't get anything unless he gave something back in return.

So Danny continued it begrudgingly long walk through the alley, feeling like he was staring into the face of a dementor every second he spent there. The people themselves didn't look any better than a dementor, their motivations probably the same as well. Sucking your happiness, as well as your wallet, seemed to be something these people really wanted to do. Good thing Danny had left his money back in his room.

Getting irritated with his search, Danny sat down on an old, moldly looking bench that seemed it would fall apart if more than two people ever sat down on it. Thanks public resources, really doing your jobs here...you bastards. With a sigh, he said, almost in a mutter "Alright Ne'Os, where the hell are you...?"
Danny Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 317
Special Abilities : Animagus

Back to top Go down

Things needed a good change Empty Re: Things needed a good change

Post by Ne'Os Emof Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:16 am

Ne'Os had been spending more and more time in Knockturn alley ever since he was turned back into a vampire. It was safer being around the people and they all feared him. He even managed to get a few of them to donate blood for his own personal stocks. He even managed to get a couple of them to keep a eye out for anything he might find interesting.

It looked like today something interesting had shown up one of his informants ran over to tell him that a wealthy looking wizard had entered the back alley and that the wizard asked for Ne'Os. With a smile Ne'Os left his store in search of the man keeping to the shadows encase the man turned out to be less than friendly. He smiled when he saw who the man sitting on the bench was.

"you know it is not always wise to call for me by name. Especially here," he said walking out of the shadows. Today Ne'Os wore long black robes and had a large raven on his shoulder. The raven looked alive but its wings appeared almost to shiny, and to the trained eye would give it away as a artifact. Ne'Os hadn't drawn his wand yet but he always kept a spell in mind just encase he needed it suddenly. "what can I do for you my old friend?"
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Thompson Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:28 am

Danny smirked with a devious grin when he heard Ne'Os' voice. Even when it was years later, he always had to make a unique entrance. "And you know it's wise to never try anything with me," he said, not turning around for a couple more seconds. After waiting a moment's thought, he stood up and turned towards his old friend. Apparently Ne'Os was going for a look of 'god damn, don't I look cool enough to be leader of the world?' In a way, Danny respected that, you never saw that kind of courage in today's times. Ironic, since Danny was a Gryffindor.

Danny's eye caught on Ne'Os raven, the young man immediately raising a brow at the sight of it. In a way, it just seemed....wrong. Something was not right about that raven, it didn't even look alive to him. "It's been too long Ne'Os," he said with a friendly smile, his eyes still attached to the raven though "I guess two years can get you a license in bird training apparently." He always had to make a joke, that's just how he was. He looked back down at Ne'Os though, his face looking serious.

"I need a favor Ne'Os," he said plainly, not wanting to beat around the bush "I'm trying to find my brother. I heard rumors you and my brother weren't exactly as close as me and you are. His name's Andrew." If the rumors had been correct, it would piss Danny off momentarily. Apparently Ne'Os' track record with Andrew had been brainwashing his girlfriend at one point, nearly killing him in a pyramid back in Egypt, and attacking him at Hogsmeade. He could feel his fist curling up, yet quickly suppressed the urge as to not alert Ne'Os at all. He didn't come here to pick a fight, he wasn't going to try anything stupid.

Especially with that creeping f***ing raven on his shoulder.
Danny Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:49 pm

Andrew, the name of one of Ne'Os's annoyances. He held back a smile as he remembered brainwashing his girlfriend. He mumbled something to the raven on his shoulder. It gave a human sounding laugh and flew off into the shadows. "This bird is not one you want to get to know. Its mischievous. Luckily It listens to me. I've asked it to peck out the eyes of anyone trying to eavesdrop on us" he said. A second later a blood curdling scream sounded as some unlucky soul's eyes were plucked out by the artifact bird.

"Now back to the matter at hand. Luckily you have caught me at a slow time in my store. I can help you find him, but I don't know where to start. I haven't had contact with him since Matt killed me."
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Thompson Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:23 pm

Danny gave almost a scowling look towards the raven, still feeling uneasy about its presence. He almost smiled from the relief of seeing the raven go, but that quickly deteriorated when he heard a blood curdling scream from afar. Who would possibly want to eavesdrop here? He looked back towards Ne'Os and said "Glad to see you have no further emotion towards the average wizard." That was never one of the more charming features about the guy, yet for some reason, Danny stuck with him.

Now they were going down to business, even though Danny decided to keep his distance. Danny reached into his pocket and pulled out a small yellow notebook, many hastily scribbled messages over the cover and several pages. He tossed it to Ne'Os and said "I had been questioning people lately, friends of his and friends of mine, and concluded that he left sometime after he graduated. Some say he still lives on the outskirts of town, but that was over a year ago. I took some notes, as from what you can see there, and I learned that he had been doing a lot of things over the course of two years...such as blowing up a pyramid?" He hadn't understood what that person meant, so he was a little unclear as to what he was to expect.

Danny paused though and raised a brow at Ne'Os explanation though. "Wait, someone killed you?" he asked. Who was this Matt character? He shook off the thought for now and said "But I've asked several of his friends and learned that some man was angry with him or something, she couldn't even give me his name. I wasn't sure if she were talking about you or something else...apparently though, she knows you closely."
Danny Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:46 pm

Ne'Os caught the notebook and leafed through it while he listened "The pyramid was a magical experiment I was conducting. Lets just say your brother is more resourceful than he looks" He said not looking up from the note book. He read a few more of the messages before looking up at Danny "You have done your homework that's for sure. I think we should start looking at his house. If he isn't there we can try other ways of finding him. I can send the raven to locate him and then report back but that could take days if he is far away."

"I died about a year ago I guess I forget I have a temporary transfiguration spell up. This is what I look like now" He said taking out his wand and tapping his face once. The young 19 year old's face dissolved and warped to turn into a man around his 40's. He gave Danny a smile that showed his fangs. "I am a bit older than I was. But no matter It has not slowed me down" he said putting the spell back in place so he appeared 19 again. "Now who is this 'she'? I have met a lot of 'shes' in my life so they all blend together" he said fearing that the 'she' might be someone close to Andrew.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Thompson Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:06 pm

Danny shook his head. "I already checked out his house when I first returned. I thought he was going to be there, but the entire place was covered with dust basically. Seemed as if no one had been there for a long time." He crossed his arms "I have no clue as to where he could be otherwise. A friend of his said he might be in the states somewhere, in Utah up in some treehouse. Apparently it was a safe haven for him. Plus, we also have some distant relatives there, so I was thinking about checking there next." It was a long shot, but there had to be a good start.

Out of the corner of his eye, Danny was almost sure he saw someone behind a couple of stacked up crates. He ignored that anonmaly and looked back towards Ne'Os, surprised to see his sudden change in appearance. He narrowed an eye and said "As along as your not doing kids' parties then I have nothing to say." Interesting trick, no doubt about that. When he asked about the woman, he paused for a moment. From what he gathered on recent information about Ne'Os, he wasn't sure to if he should reveal that information or not. Yet he shirked that thought away, knowing Ne'Os was possibly the only other link to help finding Andrew. Irony's a B****, ain't it? "Jack," he said calmly "her name is Jack. She said she knew Andrew and was somewhat close to him, but other than that, I have no idea as to who the hell she is."
Danny Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top