Order Meeting #1 - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Order Meeting #1 - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Order Meeting #1

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Order Meeting #1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Order Meeting #1

Post by Danny Thompson Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:00 pm

Danny quickly made his entrance at Grimmauld Place, hoping to Merlin or God or whatever deity it was that he wasn't late. Turning the door handle quickly and practically barging in, he almost slammed the door back shut and jogged into the gathering room, obviously out of breath. "Okay! Okay....did I...did I miss-" he paused awkwardly. Yup, the meeting had already started. Great. "Um..." he said, taking a few hurried breaths "Yeah...sorry about...uhh....y'know...being late." He coughed awkwardly and stepped to the small gathering, pretending to have been there the entire time. He examined the room though, really hoping to not see any angry faces, yet he did see a few familiar ones. Including Mari and...Shacklebolt? So the rumors were true...he was alive.
Danny Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 317
Special Abilities : Animagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:15 am

Matt had been listening quietly as everyone talked among themselves. They seemed to be doing fairly alright. And it wasn't like Matt knew much more than any one of them. They had done their part for the mysterious itch so now it was time to move on. "They wouldn't keep Ne'Os as leader for too long. He's an idiot." he said, more so to himself but enough so some people could hear. "We have to assume that they have a new leader. What we have now are simply stirrings and rumours. Almost a restart for them." he told everyone. "Someone smart, so it's doubtful that their plan would be as obvious as we all think." But Matt agreed with Kingsley. Perhaps they needed a spy on the inside.

Order Meeting #1 - Page 4 Tumblr_oyip5qmUoz1sj8jevo1_500
Matthew Lestrange
Matthew Lestrange
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:14 am

Mariana followed Danny's entrance with one eye, if she didn't see him in the hospital the day before she would have probably yelled at him here and now in front of all other Order members. She listened to everybody talking and assuming even though there was nothing in concrete. "We can't base our strategy on assumptions and guesses that would be stupid and reckless. They will not risk an open confrontation anless they have the confidence in victory and to gain such confidence they would need something, something we are overlooking." she said after a moment of silence in the room when everybody finished with their theories. There was a piece in these theories that should fit them together, but she couldn't see it and she had a feeling that she should be able to see it.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Thompson Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:06 am

Danny listened to the debate amongst the members with interest. Apparently there was a new leader of the Death Eaters...like they really needed that to deal with right now. He watched the other participants in the room, not really seeing any familiar faces. Sort of made him feel alone in the circle, but that didn't stop him now. "Why don't we just interrogate a Death Eater?" he asked, as casual as the day went "if we did some digging, I'm pretty sure we could find someone that would know a thing or two about the other team." He hoped this entire meeting wouldn't be just talking...yet he was sure he could deal with it as long as no one cared about his tardiness.
Danny Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:16 pm

((OOC: Was Danny the one who accompanied Kingsley when he duelled Vincent?))

Kingsley listened to everyones theories and questions before responding. He turned to Damon first. "In my experience, and believe me I have a lot, there are only a few Death Eaters who would pose any trouble to us. The majority of them are and always have been cowards. They like to prey on the weak, but have little appetite to face someone equal to them," Kingsley responded. He nodded as Mariana spoke, believing she had the right of it. They knew very little about them, so it was wrong to make assumptions. "Well, I don't think they are trying to provoke us, at least not yet. They have simply announced their return in a very obvious way. Perhaps they are trying to gather more followers," he mused thoughtfully. It was difficult to predict... They needed some inside information. "To interrogate, we would first need a death eater. How do we know who is a death eater and who is not? Personally, I think that the way forward now is to send someone inside, undercover or not, and get as much information as possible."
Kingsley Shacklebolt

Number of posts : 1463

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Thompson Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:05 pm

[Yup.]

Danny thought for a moment about what Shacklebolt had said, leading to a conclusion in his head. "Come on," he said casually "I'm sure all of us have plenty of connections in this world, I know for a fact that most of us know someone, or would know someone that would be connected with the Death Eaters. I like the idea of a spy, but we need to take more drastic measures with opposing force, we can't keep trying to outguess them and defend ourselves." Danny thought for a moment as to who he possibly could've known that would've been a Death Eater. Well, there was Darren, at least he had one good idea as to where to start.
Danny Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:49 am

Jack shook her head, "I don't care who you know- if you know they are a Death Eater, they know you are in The Order. They aren't going to have a casual chat about their plans. That is, if they have plans. We never have plans, so chances are, they don't either." She shrugged, unwilling to apologize for the truth. "If they do, I think an intelligent leader would keep it close to the belt. Have key players know the plans, keep the rest on their toes."

"A spy is going to need protection. You're going to need someone without the hero complex to argue against a leader- someone who isn't a stranger to Knockturn and is already acquainted with the Death Eaters. You can't send in anybody," she pointed out.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Thompson Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:23 am

Jack did have a point, the leader would be wise to keep the important details under wraps. That, or they were completely overestimating the new leader's abilities and they were planning to out-plan someone who wasn't planning at all. He'd like to think that things would be more challenging, so he would go with the former. "Okay, so let's say this guy is a new genius when it comes to leading an evil group of people," he said calmly "you don't think he/she could sniff out a spy?" He crossed his arms, as a relaxing pose "if anything were to go wrong with this spy plan, the Order could be in deep trouble."
Danny Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:50 am

Jack chuckled a little. "I don't think the Order would be in trouble, but the spy would. A spy might be in trouble if they just joined, but if they worked on getting close to the leader, we may have something." She paused. "I think the big problem is no one knows who the leader is. Hell, that one piece of information is holding us back. If we knew, we would know how to go forward, what to expect." She shrugged, sitting back a little and reaching up to scratch her scalp. "That's our major obstacle in my opinion."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Thompson Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:39 am

"If the spy gets caught," said Danny "we have a risk of them revealing information to the other side. Torture goes a long way, and that does seem to stick within the Death Eater's M.O. A spy would be a good idea if we knew about their force size, what their new policies are, and who the hell is their leader. If we get this information, we could risk sending someone on the inside without getting them killed. Knowledge is power after all." Perhaps he was over-thinking this too much, but it was always better to be safe than sorry.
Danny Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top