Two Ends of a Magnet - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Two Ends of a Magnet - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Two Ends of a Magnet

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Two Ends of a Magnet - Page 3 Empty Re: Two Ends of a Magnet

Post by Talon Marlowe Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:42 am

Talon kept his arms around her, offering his support. "Everything will be alright," he said, a smile still on his face. Today was too odd of a day. One minute, he was studying 'til he was falling asleep, and now, he was consulting a fiery red headed Hufflepuff girl who she believed was about to be a murder victim. What a day indeed. He tried thinking of what he should try next, in an effort to cheer her up. His mind drew a blank though, seeing as how every time he talked about trying to intervene with these three guys, it just made her more upset. He couldn't exactly determine what she wanted right now, besides that she really wanted these guys to go away.

Talon raised a brow when she said she didn't want to go 'there'. Where exactly was there? But judging from how wet his chest now felt, he could tell it must be a pretty horrible place. "Hey, don't worry," he said to her "you won't go there. They have no reason to send you anywhere, you'll be okay." Talon moved his right hand away from Sapphire and reached into his pocket, pulling out a white handkerchief and gently handing it to her. "Here," he said, offering the handkerchief to her. It was actually another item he 'snatched' a couple of months ago, but had cleaned it several times to make sure nothing was on it. He never had a reason to ever use it, up until now.
Talon Marlowe
Talon Marlowe
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by Malmuira "Moira" Crawford Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:00 pm

He was right. Sapphire looked up at Talon through her bangs as she thought about going to Azkaban. The fear that place struck into her was clear in her eyes and she shuddered again. But he was right, no one would send her there, not now anyways. But if she didn't find a way to get them to stop, she would do something to them that would end with her being sent to the prison. She didn't want that to happen, she was too young to go to that place, and she was sure that because of the dementors there, she wouldn't last more than a few hours. They'd kill her in an instant and she didn't want that.

"What am I going to do?" she asked softly, mostly to herself. "I don't want things to go that far." she added softly. She looked at the handkerchief he offered her and with a moment of hesitation she took it and slowly wiped her tears away. As she did this, Sapphire noticed how safe she felt when she was near him. She didn't understand it, but the way he had his arms around her and the way he was trying to comfort her just made her feel safe. As she realized this, her cheeks began to burn and she hid her face in the handkerchief as she wiped the tears away.
Malmuira
Malmuira "Moira" Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 388

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Marlowe Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:21 pm

"Trust me, things won't go that far," he said to her, hoping his words would ring true. Yet he wasn't sure. Something still didn't make sense to him now. Seeing her like this now, and seeing how she was pushed beyond the limit to actually fighting back, why would they continue doing this? It's not like they got anything out of this. He probably should stop asking himself that question though, some people were unpredictable and just downright cruel. "I won't let anything happen to you," he said, a smile on his face. I guess this is the part where he becomes a loyal friend to her and they end up fighting dragons together or something like that. That's how things usually happened in Talon's world...except for the fighting dragons part. That'd be pretty awesome though if they did.

Talon released her from his arms, yet kept his right hand on her left shoulder, a smile on his face. "You feeling better?" he asked in a kind tone "I still have that frog if you want it." Somehow, Talon began to feel a lot more happy as he tried to help her. Maybe that was just his 'you've earned good karma points' for the day, but he enjoyed the feeling. Yet he wasn't sure, he just really wanted to help her. "Are you up to eating anything?" he asked again, wondering if she was hungry or not.
Talon Marlowe
Talon Marlowe
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Malmuira "Moira" Crawford Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:33 pm

Sapphire looked up from the handkerchief when she felt the burning in her cheeks go away and she shook her head at him. "I'm not all that hungry." she lied. She winced a little at the lie, but she knew it wasn't a complete lie. She wasn't very hungry, yet she knew that her stomach would want her to put something in it soon. But she wasn't sure she would be able to eat anything anyways. She also realized that if she went to the Great Hall now, those three would probably be there and she didn't want to run into them right now. She bit the inside of her lower lip and stared down at the handkerchief for a a few moments.

"I don't think it's a good idea for me to go to the Great Hall now anyways." she said softly, trying calm down so she wouldn't gasp as she spoke. She looked down the Entrance Hall at the door and sighed. It was bright and sunny outside and probably really warm too, but Sapphire wasn't sure she wanted to go outside either. Right now she felt like going to the Hufflepuff dungeon and hiding in the girl's dorm forever. She wanted to just crawl under the bed sheets and not come out ever again.
Malmuira
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Marlowe Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:04 pm

Talon could tell that Sapphire still didn't feel that much better, and it bummed him out a little. He thought she would've felt a little bit better, but nothing in life was easy. He noticed that she was looking near the entrance hall, and suddenly an idea popped into his head. "Do you want to go for a walk?" he asked, wondering if maybe some fresh air could help clear her thoughts. He was up for it, he kinda wanted to get outside anyway, away from all these people. Even though it seemed no one really gave a damn as to what was happening or what had happened. Maybe they just didn't want to get called in as a witness or something. That was people for ya, Muggles or Wizards.

It definitely was a bright day outside, and Talon hoped that it wasn't humid out. Or rather, not really humid since it was pretty much guaranteed. "Entirely up to you," he said. Since he already had went down this road of trying to help her, he was going to try his best to make sure she felt okay by the end of the day. But knowing him, he wasn't exactly motivational speaker of the year.
Talon Marlowe
Talon Marlowe
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Malmuira "Moira" Crawford Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:13 pm

Maybe it was a good idea to go outside for a bit. It would help her clear her head, help her think about what was happening straight. But it might help her forget everything most of all. If she could just get distracted from this for a little bit, maybe she would be able to deal with it later on. Right now though, she just didn't want to think about any of that. He hated feeling like she was nothing, like she was worthless and weak. Which was exactly how those three always made her feel. She looked at the handkerchief again and then she handed it back to him. "Here. Thanks." she said softly, as she extended it out to him, with her gaze lowered to the floor.

She nodded at his suggestion to go for a walk. "Yeah. That would be good." she said in a voice that sounded almost fragile. She was a fragile girl after all, even if most people didn't think of her like that when they first saw her. She looked down the hall again and looked at him, then looked down at his hand. She grinned slightly and grabbed his hand, before starting to walk down the hall towards the entrance. She almost broke into a run. She wouldn't let those Slytherins get the beet of her, she wouldn't show them that she was sad about anything that had oust happened.
Malmuira
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Marlowe Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:42 pm

Talon smiled as Sapphire agreed, a sign that perhaps things were gonna get better. "Alright then, let's-" but before he could finish, he was cut off by Sapphire grabbing his hand and pulling him with her. He was surprised to see that she was almost running to get outside now, a pleasant surprise. "I see you don't want to waste any time!" he chuckled, following Sapphire's lead. Perhaps today he did make a new friend. Thank god too, that kid was beginning to have some real issues too.

As they approached the door, Talon let go off Sapphire's hand and pulled the door out for the both of them, waiting for her to go first. He was a polite guy, and always did that stuff for anyone. Too bad it wasn't as much as a virtue today than it was years ago. When Sapphire had stepped outside, Talon let the door shut behind them, leading up to Talon's worst fear. It was damn humid out. "Hang on," he said taking off the cloak he used for his school uniform. He slung the cloak over his left shoulder and then rolled his sleeves up. He was glad he wore white today as his shirt, seeing as how the sun was shining high in the sky. "Alright," he smiled "Let's go," taking the first couple of steps away from the school.

"So Sapphire...Ivanova, was it?" Talon said, taking in most of the view around them "I haven't actually noticed you around." Talon was often irate with himself for being horrible in small talk, and this was no exception.
Talon Marlowe
Talon Marlowe
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Malmuira "Moira" Crawford Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:09 am

Sapphire made a face at him and grinned widely as she looked around outside. "I usually keep to myself." she responded simply. "You'll usually find me outside, or in the Hufflepuff dungeon." she added softly, walking out into the grounds more. "Weird for a Hufflepuff I know. We're supposed to be the ones who are all excited about everything and the ones who always want to interact with people, but I'm one of the exceptions I guess." she told him. Sapphire did interact with people a lot, but there were obviously some times when she preferred to be alone.

When she finally felt how humid it was outside, she looked down at her cloak and gently tugged at the string that kept it tied around her neck. It quickly came undone and it fell to the ground, pooling at her feet. Sapphire pouted a bit and looked down at the cloak, kicking it up a bit. "Oh poo. I wanted to catch it." she huffed and she crossed her arms. Soon enough, though, she grinned again and giggled before she picked the cloak up and placed it over her shoulder. The clothes underneath the cloak were bright pink and they called attention to her, which was signature of Sapphire.

She looked back at Talon and grabbed his hand again. "Come on!" she smiled at him and giggled again, before she pulled him down toward the lake with her.
Malmuira
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Marlowe Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:34 am

Just by seeing what Sapphire was wearing under her cloak, she seemed to be an interesting person. It almost screamed rebellion by the colors she had on, but she didn't seem to care! That was something Talon wished he could have when it came to being him though, he wasn't the one to try and step outside his comfort zone. But that's why they called it a comfort zone, right? "I can tell that you are a Hufflepuff now," he smiled widely. And judging by how she was acting, she was almost the poster child for her house, or rather for the stereotypical kind of Hufflepuff. The Ravenclaws were the brainiacs, the Slytherins the jerks, Gryffindors the brave reckless people, and Hufflepuff the friend for everyone. So yeah, this wasn't the bad kind of stereotype, just rather she fit perfectly in her house.

When Sapphire grabbed his hand again, Talon had been prepared, getting his own pace behind her as she led him somewhere. "Where are we going exactly?" he asked. He never explored Hogwarts on its exterior, always preferring the indoors where it was somewhat safe, even though there were many rumors that there was some teacher that tortured his students. He hoped that wasn't true though, because if he ever messed up on something, that's where he would be going. He quickly shook off those thoughts though, prefering to stay on this situation right now, with his new friend. Hey, yeah, Talon thought to himself with a smile I think I made a friend today!.

When Sapphire had stopped, they were standing by the Great Lake, leading Talon to blink a couple of times. "What are we doing here?" he asked Sapphire, turning his head towards her and then back towards the lake. He had to admit, it did look pretty awesome in the daylight. Why? He wasn't sure, but it just seemed like a calming sight to Talon. He was enjoying it.
Talon Marlowe
Talon Marlowe
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top