MoM vs. James Roland - Page 5
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

MoM vs. James Roland - Page 5 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

MoM vs. James Roland

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MoM vs. James Roland - Page 5 Empty Re: MoM vs. James Roland

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:06 am

Jack looked over at Khaat, a little stung that it seemed she was intentionaly ignoring Jack. Jack understood Jess was posing a threat to herself and to the Ministry, in Khaat's opinion, but it did not warrant Jack getting completely steamrolled. Especially since she had never wanted to be on this fool trial anyway. Now that she was here, she wanted to do her job correctly. She cleared her throat and said, "Minister?" hoping to remind him of her own questions.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:08 am

Robert could sense Khaat was more than willing to warm up a cell for Jess. Personally, he wasn't that concerned. Saint Jess had a temper, and Robert was used to it. He noticed Jack's attempt to cool things. He smiled at her, unconcerned.

"Hello, Jack. I do have records," Robert said to her, the file still laying on his lap. "But, that does not appear to be the most pressing matter. This court hearing appears to be completely out of order."

ooc: wasn't ignoring you, Jack. just needed time to post as Robert. sorry.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:14 am

((Death Eater attacks on the Ministry officials whilst he was their leader)

Jess stood there for a second, seething with anger as his questions were merely blown off. "Ms. Lupin, i would like to remind you that we are currently at recess, this is not the court case, so to speak, if you wish to resume the case I will gladly cease to question the prosecution, but I would like to remind you that it is the duty of the Wizengamot to investigate the case, not merely accept facts as they are handed to them by the prosecution," he said contemptuously
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:37 am

((I know Khaat. Jack's just impatient. XD))

Jack nodded at Robert. It seemed he was planning on watching the little spat between Khaat and Jess play out for awhile. Perhaps that was the best move, for they seemed to be zeroing in on each other and forgetting that they were surrounded by an entire room of warlocks awkwardly shifting in their seats while the two duked it out in battle.

Well, when she put it that way, Robert's idea had merit. She nodded at him and said, "Thank you. I'd like to review those, if you wouldn't mind, once things settle a bit."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:55 pm

Khaat noticed her father had put on his reading glasses and had begun leafing through the file he'd brought, but the continued dissention had made him look up--first at her and then at Jess.

"You have every right to be as miniscule as you like, Jess," her father said. "However, one simple fact remain, recess or not. As an employee of this Ministry, whether you like it or not, Khaat and I are your supervisors. And I am not the slightest bit rattled by your accusations against me because they're without foundation. So you can feel free to dislike us all you want. But you are expected to follow the orders of your superiors. Period. Surely you remember how to follow an order, I trust, since you expect it of others."

"Now--if that is proving to be too much of a strain on your morals that you cannot contain yourself enough to follow the direct orders that your supervisor is giving you--and that is to get your mind back on the matters before James Roland and that alone--then we do have perfect right to remove you from this matter and suspend you for insubordination. That right is ours, and since there are numerous witnesses that you have been ordered, more than once, to stop redirecting the court, either of us--Khaat or I--can suspend you. And if she does not have the willingness to do it, then I do believe I can come up with it.

"If you want to continue to debate my ethics, then do so. But not in this courtroom. Your office or mine should suffice. Make your choice, but do so now."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22669
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:49 pm

Jack felt dismissal in the air, and she suddenly felt very much like an intruder. The room had shrunk to encompass only Khaat, Robert, and Jess. The other members of the Wizengamot had long been shut out. But now she saw that there was no part for her there either. At first, indigniation grew in her chest. then she caught sight of the looks being passed between the three and she deflated. This was not a brawl she wanted any part in. She bowed her head slightly and accepted it as a blessing.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:57 pm

"I am not using this courtroom to debate personnel matters," Khaat said. "If this is where this needs to go, then I am dismissing this hearing for today. We can resume tomorrow. This is pointless. Court adjourned for today." She got up. She felt sorry for the other court members who had been trapped needlessly in the stalemate that had happened. She rose from her place and began to make her way out of the courtroom.

As she did, she paused and laid her hand on Jack's shoulder gently. "You look like you could use a decent cup of tea as much as I do. Care to join me?" She hoped that by leaving her father and Jess alone, they'd either duke it out until one of them was sufficiently verbally or physically bruised, or until they'd resolved their differences. But she was tired of it. Immensely. And she was redirecting her thoughts to a pot of perfectly brewed almond tea in her office. Roland was going to have to sit in a cell awhile longer.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:16 am

Jack was surprised to feel a hand touch her. She had taken the dismissal as a means to escape. She had eagerly gathered her things, thinking she could just get out unscathed. She had a feeling Jess might try to speak to her, as a fellow Order member and since she had represented some of his own views, so to turn and find Khaat (who she had been sure would be upset with Jack) inviting her to tea, she was caught offguard.

"Oh," she said, her eyes darting to Jess. "Yeah, sure," she said. "A warm drink sounds good." Oh God. Jack hoped she had not just stepped into the middle of this.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:27 am

Khaat led the way back to her office and motioned Jack inside.

"Make yourself at home," Khaat said. She was only too glad to get rid of the wizengamot robes in favor of the vanilla silk dress she had underneath it. "There is almond tea and french roast coffee on the credenza. Whatever you like. Help yourself. I like them both. The tea reminds me of Chinese almond cookies, though, and I like that." She picked up one of the colorful stoneware mugs and poured herself some of the almond tea.

"I say we let the boys duke it out," Khaat said, regaining her calm. "Sorry you had to see that sort of mess."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:35 am

Jack followed her, a little ill at ease. Jack knew how to handle the craziness that had unfolded before her, but this was new. This was politics. She followed Khaat to a part of the Ministry with which she was fairly unfamiliar and took a seat. Jack was neither a drinker of coffee nor tea, but she was open to new ideas. She poured herself some of the tea, pausing only to nod at Khaat, and then raised the mug to her lips. She sat in her robes, a little big for her since a man had worn them before, and felt very much like a child.

"Mmm," Jack said. The tea was not exactly her cup of soda, but it wasn't bad. "Does taste good," she explained. She took another sip as though to confirm this. At Khaat's apology, Jack said, "No, no. I'm used to it. I was Quidditch captain, after all." She smiled. Khaat had removed her from the fray. Jack was thankful, but now her curiousity would peak. Ah, boy. "Thanks."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top