MoM vs. James Roland - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

MoM vs. James Roland - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

MoM vs. James Roland

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MoM vs. James Roland - Page 4 Empty Re: MoM vs. James Roland

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:23 am

"I pardoned no one without a trial," Khaat replied firmly. "And just exactly which man are you speaking of that you say I pardoned for the crime of treason? Let us be certain we are on the same page, shall we? I do not remember having this charge come before this court in the last three years. So far as I know, I have pardoned no one for treason." She looked at Jess and glared hard at him. "And if we're talking about Mr. Elldir, then I tell you one last time, be very careful of what you accuse people of without accurate intelligence and evidence. You just might have to eat your words."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22669
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:30 am

Jess' brow furrowed and he shook his head. "Yes, I speak of Mr. Elldir, you know full well I do," he replied, irritating beginning to appear in his voice. "But you're correct, he wasn't pardoned in the courts for his crimes, he never stood for trial, it was settled out of court, if you'll remember," he told her, keeping his argument to himself before the rest of the bench arrived before them, and the Minister
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:39 am

"Perhaps because there was no crime committed!" she hissed at him fiercely. "There was no precident set! You were not privy to all the movements within the ministry then. Nor are you now."

"Chief Warlock Lupin," her father's commanding voice interrupted them. She looked up to see Brian and her father coming in. It was almost irritating that he was looking cool, calm and collected, carrying a manila file in his hand. He looked as cool as she felt riled. He simply went to the seat in the courtroom usually reserved for the Minister to use at his pleasure and sat down. "Are we ready to proceed, or would you all prefer to bicker? If you'd take your seat, Mr. Potter, perhaps we can put this to rest."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:04 am

Jack watched Jess approach Khaat and she sighed. She scooted down the bench towards them, watching it unfold. The conversation told her little to nothing more than what she had already heard, huessed, or assumed to be the truth. Or whatever truth was. She did not find an opportunity to speak, because soon, the Minister of Magic himself was strolling inside.

She sighed and scooted back to her spot, nodding her head respectfully towards Robert. Again, more people she did not want to cross, but she had her own history with Elldir. She had, after all, seen him 'die', seen him attempt suicide. She felt that she maybe had a little bit of a personal right to this knowledge.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:15 am

"So you would deny that Deputy Minister for Magic Thaorson Elldir did not in any way support the uprising of Gellert Grindelwald against this Ministry of Magic?" He asked, his mouth scrunched up and his brow firmly set down. "Because I would beg to differ on that point, for-" he said, being stopped by the arrival of Robert.

"Are we at recess or not Robert? If we're at recess, I see no need for me to take my seat, if the trial is recommencing, I would like to resume my questioning where I was cut off," he replied, turning to face the approaching man
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:25 am

Robert decided to largely ignore what looked like little more than a rather adolescent type of rebellion on Jess's part and merely address the question that he was being asked to answer.

"I'll answer that, Khaat," Robert said, still seated. "You can all differ on what you think you saw from Thaor Elldir, but the facts are very simple. Thaor Elldir was working for the Ministry for at least that last year and a half, but even before that he was doing espionage work, on a per-mission basis, for the ministry. He was in the Death Eaters because I put him there. Deliberately. And when the rumblings of Grindelwald began to start, Thaor began to investigate that for us months before the attack happened.

"If you remember correctly," he continued, "he fought on the side of the Ministry at the battle of Hogwarts. That was because he was working for me. I didn't tell you, Potter, because it was a national security matter of the Ministry in which you had no need to know. I did not need your approval to hire an employee. He committed no treason. He was following the orders of the mission assigned to him by the Ministry. Therefore, he was not charged, and therefore there was no trial."

OOC: btw, this was rp'd onsite, so i'm not just pulling this out of my twisted little brain right now. ROFL

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:44 am

((I beg to differ, I have the thread on hand where you specifically state that Thaor was coming to the Ministry for help in exchange for secrets, not that he was working for the Ministry))

Jess smiled and shook his head, typical Ministry bullshit, in his opinion, all of it. "So it was by your order that Thaorson joined the Death Eaters, and lead them in attacks on the Ministry, and on... and on the people of your country?" He asked, his voice straining to conceal the anger in his voice.

"Whether he joined your side or not, Thaorson Elldir still aided the rise of Gellert Grindelwald, and if you gave those orders then you did to, so, Minister, you should be standing on that bench alongside Mr. Roland here," he spat, a series of well-suppressed memories rushing to his mind.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:48 am

Now, Jack really did not want to cross Robert. The last thing she needed was the Minister of Magic pissed off at her. She thought Jess was being a little foolish with the way he handled the Lupins, so she cleared her throat and said, "Minister," to politely draw his attention to her. "I don't know of we've been properly introduced. Jack Dyllan. Head of Department for Control and Regulation of Magical Creatures.” Yes, it was a mouthful.

She paused. “I, too, was at the battle. Thaor attacked me. I have nothing against Thaor, in fact, I rather like him. But he was aware of the side I was on, which was the side of good, and he still attacked me. I understand that could be easily amended, I’m sure. I was just wondering if there were any records that support the fact that he had agreed to act as a spy. Essentially.”
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:49 am

((By all means though, please do show the topic where Thaor was instructed to join the DEs, and the topic where he first spoke about Grindy with Robert))
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:01 am

OOC: what? when did thaor ever lead any attack on the ministry?

"Enough," Khaat said, now her eyes firmly on Jess. "The minister is not on trial, nor is Thaor Elldir. I refuse to let you take this court down some rabbit trail looking for conspiracy theories. Consider yourself warned. One more attempt to take this trial away from James Roland, and I will not look past it. If you insist on not pursuing the case before you, I will have no choice but to either hold you for contempt, Potter, or to declare a mistrial. Mr. Roland will continue to be held in Azkaban until a new court can be chosen to hear the matter that will give him a fair hearing to address the charges that are germain to him. This court is not above looking at matters that concern you, but this is not the time for it. Get your head back in the proverbial game, or get out."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top