Frame up! (Khaat) - Page 7
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Frame up! (Khaat) - Page 7 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Frame up! (Khaat)

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Frame up! (Khaat) - Page 7 Empty Re: Frame up! (Khaat)

Post by Theodore Adrian Lupin Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:57 pm

Gaurlia nodded and smiled.

"Later, Michael! I guess I'll see you tonight or tomorrow!" Grinning ear to ear, he ran to the changing room and searched for a wetsuit that fit him. When he finally found it, he rushed back outside. "So, are we doing laps or racing or what?" This was all so exciting for him; he was practically bouncing on the balls of his feet. "It doesn't matter to me, I'm just anxious to get started."

Reaching out with a foot, he tested the water to find it surprisingly comfortable. Not too hot, not too cold. It was cool, really, like how air conditioning isn't too cold when it's on the right temperature.
Theodore Adrian Lupin
Theodore Adrian Lupin
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 869
Special Abilities : Metamorphagus, Occlumency

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:35 pm

"This is about endurance. Not speed," Brian said. "I want to see how long you can hold up before you start to tire. I dont' care what form you use. I'm just going to time you to see how long you can hold up. When you start to tire, stop. Don't wear yourself out. We have more to do. Lets just see how long you go. It sets a benchmark for us so I know where to start your training at. Nothing more. I need to be able to design a workout for you. So we will be doing a lot of evaluations to see what your strength is, your flexibility, your form, and your endurance. That's the task for today. Whenever you're ready, go ahead and start, and I'll time you." Brian was going to check him on weights, stretching, running, and a few other things. The dueling business might not even come today, he knew. He just wanted some basic ideas of where to begin with Gar. That would determine how duty fit he really was and what he knew or didn't know.
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 636
Special Abilities : Healer, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Theodore Adrian Lupin Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:22 pm

Garulia nodded and started doing laps. Now, he wasn't a very good swimmer, and his form was more of and original thing, sort of like a from (arms and legs in then out that took him pretty well across the pool) and he didn't feel relatively tired for awhile. Then when he did two laps he kicked off the end of one and paddled with his arms on his back for another couple laps before he started to feel a little tired and climbed out of the pool.

"How'd I do, Brian?" he asked, a curious smile on his face. "What is my time?"
Theodore Adrian Lupin
Theodore Adrian Lupin
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:00 pm

"Not bad. You can hold your own. Your time is good, but your form uses more energy than it needs to. I think if we improve a bit on the form, you'll find you spend less energy doing it and you can swim for longer periods. I take it that a lot of what you have done is because you taught yourself. That's a good thing. It shows commitment and energy. Now what we have to do is harness all of that and polish it. Let's work for right now on just a few simple form corrections that will help."

Brian showed him how, but changing his positioning with his back a bit, and straigthening his arms and legs a bit he would get a more even stride, glide faster in the water, and find he could swim a lot longer.
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 636
Special Abilities : Healer, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Theodore Adrian Lupin Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:26 pm

Garulia listened attentively, moving his body in the positions on land before nodding and looking back at the water. "So you want me to go again, Brian?" he asked curiously, thinking of the different things he was learning. At the moment, he was standing straight up and looking at the water. This was one thing he wanted to learn-how to stand completely erect with no problems whatsoever. He shrugged his shoulders and rolled his arms a bit to get a little bit of tension out.
Theodore Adrian Lupin
Theodore Adrian Lupin
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top