Frame up! (Khaat) - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Frame up! (Khaat) - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Frame up! (Khaat)

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Frame up! (Khaat) - Page 2 Empty Re: Frame up! (Khaat)

Post by Theodore Adrian Lupin Thu May 12, 2011 12:44 am

Garulia laughed really hard when the man mentioned the graffiti. "Wouldn't be tough for me," Garulia said with a sly smile. "I'm an acrobat. Khaat has seen my act, I think. She even has my equipment at her house. I spent awhile in a forest at one time and I can climb pretty well. I don't think I need any training in those specific arts," he told them with a small laugh.

Finishing off his butterbeer, he pushed the mug away. "So, Khaat, you wanna explain some of the stuff I've missed? I should get at least a small run down. Like, what's your new babies name? And I can't wait to see Miseria again."
Theodore Adrian Lupin
Theodore Adrian Lupin
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 869
Special Abilities : Metamorphagus, Occlumency

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 12, 2011 1:08 am

"So the boy thinks he can climb," Michael's eyes sparkled with interest, and he grinned at Khaat.

"Oh, you really shouldn't tempt him like that, Gar. He's been looking for someone to go mountain climbing with," Khaat laughed. "He wants to take my father, and my father is too busy to go. You just might find yourself hanging off the side of some rocky cliff somewhere if you're not careful."

"I haven't lost anyone yet, Khaat," Michael said. "So how good is he?"

"Good enough to go with you anytime you say," Khaat said.

"Maybe I should make my price a weekend climbing trip, Junior," Michael looked at Gar, smiling.

"Michael nicknames everybody," Khaat told Gar. "If you've made it to get a nickname, he likes you. Its a term of endearment. Michael is just a bit weird like that."

"I am not weird," Michael said, sipping on his firewhiskey. "Its just an occupational hazard."

"Sure it is," Khaat laughed. "Well, Gar, my father told me you were at St. Mungos the night Abbey was born. Brian was my best friend when we were kids. He was living in France. When I went into labor that night, my father sent for Brian in order to have another healer that night. That was the night Rob finally decided he just wasn't the marrying type. Brian just stepped in and promised me that Abbey and I would never be alone or want for anything as long as we lived. He moved me into his house with him, and, well, its really great. Brian and I bought a place in Tuscany this past summer as a weekend and summer place.

"I still work for St. Mungos and for the ministry. I think when you were here last, Matt Lestrange was the minister. My father is the Minister now. Rob and I are still legally married but we haven't lived together since before Abbey was born. I honestly dont' know why we don't divorce. Its weird. We dont' see each other anymore. Havent' seen each other for months. But, really, life is excellent," Khaat smiled.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22721
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Theodore Adrian Lupin Thu May 12, 2011 1:32 am

"A weekend climbing trip?" Garulia asked, sitting up a little straighter at the prospect. "Absolutely. Anytime," he said eagerly. "This weekend then, Mr. Tremaine? I was there when you had your baby, Khaat, but I had to go at some point and I was rather rushed so I don't remember much, then I had issues..." he shook his head slightly. "I missed you guys so much, Khaat."

He flashed a smile at his only maternal figure. "How is your old dad, anyway? I always liked him. So I can come back to your place tonight, Khaat? I'd like to do a performance tonight and get some money. It's been too long since I breathed my fire."
Theodore Adrian Lupin
Theodore Adrian Lupin
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 12, 2011 1:43 am

"My dad? He's 62. So is Michael...." Khaat began.

"But I'll outclimb you, Hotshot," MIchael challenged Gar, with a grin. "And I have just the perfect contest. However, you don't mind my deciding to test you first, do you?"

"Oh no," Khaat shook her head.

"Relax, Mom," Michael shut down her concerns quickly. "I"m not taking him climbing unless I see how he handles your average tree. And it appears you're more anxious about it than he is. This weekend would suit me just fine. You don't mind if we use my professional equipment, do you? Khaat would much prefer we both come back in one piece, I'm quite sure. And it appears Khaat does want you at her place tonight. You really think you can earn a little cash yet tonight as late as it is? If you think you can, I'll go with you and take you to Khaat's new place later. Brian is a very experienced auror and he has the place well hidden with all sorts of protection spells. In other words, you aren't meant to find it unless Brian wants you to find it. I'll be happy to go with you and make sure you don't end up going all sideways trying to find her."

"You bring him home in one piece, Michael. I know you," she frowned.

"He'll be in one piece unless he does something stupid of his own doing, which I do not foresee," Michael said to her. "And jsut where would you like to do this performance tonight, Junior?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Theodore Adrian Lupin Thu May 12, 2011 1:51 am

"I'll have to check in on the old guys," Garulia said, turning the sentence into a promise. "The average tree? No problem. I practically lived in trees for awhile. Then in my tent, I did all kinds of random acrobatics. I can't do all my tricks in a muggle setting, though."

He opening his mouth and showed Michael the metallic fillings on his teeth. "I clip these together, make a spark and blow. It's one of my favorite tricks. And the square just outside here has a lot of people who like a good show. Unless Hogsmede has changed a lot since I left. There are always at least a few generous people out there. Professional equipment? I've never had access to it, so you'll have to show me how to use it. I'm more of a ninja than a mountain climber, but how different can it be?"
Theodore Adrian Lupin
Theodore Adrian Lupin
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 12, 2011 2:03 am

"I wouldn't know," Michael shrugged, "I'm not a ninja. Never wanted to be one either. I do what I do because whatever assignment I undertake feels like the right thing to do. I don't need to work for any other reason. There was a time when I struggled very much like you are. But the fact that you don't see an average tree as an issue does show promise. Khaat, you will lend me a tree, right?"

"I suppose so," Khaat said, knowing her property had countless trees.

"Then you don't mind if I send the boy up a tree in the morning, do you?"

"Could I stop either of you?"

"No," Michael said. "And in the meantime, I"m going to go watch his street show. If we don't show up at your house until morning, rest assured that he will be with me."

Khaat looked at Gar. "You two really are much too much alike for your own good."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Theodore Adrian Lupin Sat May 14, 2011 5:22 pm

Garulia shrugged and looked Michael over.

"I guess, Khaat." He reached into one of his inner robe pockets and pulled out a long, collapsible stick with oil soaking the end and another one that was a collapsible pole vaulting stick. "No one can stop me! Let's go!" Standing up, Gar walked around and gave Khaat a hug before gesturing for Michael to follow him outside as he dropped a little bit of money on the table. "That's for my butterbeer, Khaat. Love you see you later."

Before she could give his money back, Gar hurried outside and looked around. There were several couples sitting around, and this was great. Men always tried to impress their women by spending a lot for no apparent reason.

Standing up on the edge of the fountain, everyone looked up at him. With a flourish he dropped a collecting tin on the ground. He placed the pole vaulting stick on the ground and perched on top of it, hanging onto the side as he spun it around. The stick magically stayed in place as he spun, clicking his teeth and blowing the spark over the oil so that the fire spread over the crowd. An audible gasp escaped the crowd as he did a flip, landing the stick on the ground so he was upside down with his feet on top.
Theodore Adrian Lupin
Theodore Adrian Lupin
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat May 14, 2011 7:11 pm

Khaat had barely any time to say, "I love you too," as Gar dashed out, deliberately leaving the money for his butterbeer with her. It made her laugh. It felt like her boy was home again, and that made her immensely happy. She wondered how Brian was going to be with it, but usually he was as accepting about having kids in the house as she was. And she had a feeling Brian was going to really like Gar. She watched his show out the window of the pub and watched Michael move himself into the front of those who were watching.

Khaat knew the look in Michael's eyes too well. He was in full study mode. He was studying Gar, his every movement, his every technique. He was looking to see how proficient he was and where, perhaps, a bit of grooming might keep him from misstepping in the future. Michael didn't meet many young people that were actually interested anymore in toning and honing their bodies. They were interested in honing only what they could do with a wand. Gar seemed to have a different perspective on it, and that interested Michael.

Khaat was fully expecting Michael to abscond with Gar, have him out all night talking, maybe find him a place in one of the guest rooms in the old Hogmeade cottage that Gar used to call home while he lived there. Michael rented it now from Khaat. He rented the cottage and all its furnishings. Gar had not lost his touch with his street performing skills, and Khaat was proud of him. And she knew that Michael and Gar were going to get along like best friends.

She watched Michael draw out about 5 or 6 galleons from his pockets and toss them into the collection tin to get the crowd started to drop some money into the tin.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Theodore Adrian Lupin Sat May 14, 2011 7:34 pm

Garulia was at home up here, more than he was anywhere else. Doing this, this was his dream. Especially doing it for wizards. As Michael dropped some money in, he turned into a lion and perched on top. With a mighty roar, he launched himself down the pole, falling parallel and landing, opening his mouth in a lion grin as he turned and ran up the fountain. He stood atop the fountain, the water shooting to either side of him as he ran.

The pole was right there. But this would be tough.

Jumping wide, he turned human in midair, still spread like a lion as he barely reached the pole. With a quick twirl, he was back on top. The silence that had spread over the crowd immediately broke into applause. Standing on one foot he bowed theatrically.

Laughing, the young man spun with one hand and one foot on the pole as he slid down in front of Michael. As he grabbed his money, he looked inside.

"Very nice haul," Garulia Slither said as the crowd dispersed, talking among themselves and smiling. "How'd I do, Mr. Tremaine?"
Theodore Adrian Lupin
Theodore Adrian Lupin
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat May 14, 2011 8:16 pm

"Well done," Michael smiled, patting him on the back. "Well done indeed. I think you'll do well. I think we might bypass the average tree. We might have to do something a bit more challenging. Have you done much rock cllimbing? There is a rock climbing exercise in the fitness center at St. Mungos. You willing to try to see what you can do, just hand over hand?" Michael would, of course, make him wear climbing harnesses if they were going to go that high, but he had every expectation they would do well.

Khaat took her cup of tea and walked outside to join them. "Well done, Gar," Khaat said. "You haven't lost your touch a bit. That was nice to watch again." She looked at Michael and frowned. "You have plans, don't you?"

"Of course I do. You have any more of those little golden tickets in your bag?" he asked.

"Always," she said. She opened her bag and produced a golden, plastic membership for Gar for the fitness center. "You two play nice, now."

"We'll be at St. Mungos. How far off can we go, really?" Michael grinned. "Might be interesting to find out."

"My office is off limits," she told him with iron firmness.

"There is nothing in your office I want," he shrugged simply. "Besides, he didn't ask for professional training. Shall we go, Gar? The night is young, and there are things we could be climbing."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top