Helping Khaat - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Helping Khaat - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Helping Khaat

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Helping Khaat - Page 2 Empty Re: Helping Khaat

Post by Chastity Moor Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:20 am

Chase smiled happily, happy that her bird was on the way, and that she would be able to contact her house elf. For some reason she felt like she needed to keep her whereabouts completely secretive, but apparently not. Calla could know, her owl was on the way. Chase was grinning from ear to ear as Angus started to speak about Christmas... Christmas? Chase felt a pang in her heart and quickly looked down, pulling the cat into her lap so that she could stroke it quietly as Brian and Angus talked of going Christmas shopping. By this time in the year, she would have already gotten together her lists, and would have gone catalog shopping, sending in things to get for her family. This year? Well, she'd have to think of something nice to get Calla, and Adam maybe, Elijah definitely, and she'd have to get something for Brian, Khaat, Angus and the girls now too!

When Brian spoke of taking her back to St. Mungos to help Khaat, she could feel her self grinning. "That's fine.. I'd love to help Khaat with anything she needs." She said softly, then looked up at Brian. "Is there anything you would like for Christmas Brian? Angus?" She asked with a small smile. "Something I could get you? Normally I'd have all of my Christmas shopping done by now.. but.. you see this is the first year I won't have my family with me for Christmas, and I'd love to be able to visit their graves.. but I realize that may be impossible, just because of the present position I'm in." She said and started to absentmindedly pet the cat again.

Chase glanced up at the two men carefully as Abbey came over to play with the cat again. Chase smiled slightly and exchanged the cat with Abbey as the cat walked off to get out of the way. Abbey was delightful, and Chase messed with her hair lightly as the girl squirmed and giggled. Chase let her go, but only to snatch her back up, to kiss and hug her a bunch. "I couldn't possibly be sad with you around sweetie." She said with a laugh, hugging the little girl before letting her go to go play with Dakota, who appeared to be trying to get behind the sofa.

Chase let her gaze wander over to Brian and Angus again, before smiling slightly. " I would love to help Khaat Brian... I don't want to be of any trouble to you.. so you don't need to worry about me going christmas shopping, I could add mine to a list, and make it as organized as possible, so that it can come from the same place that Khaat is getting hers, and then there won't be any problem." She said with a smile as she looked at the men. "I just want to be sure that Khaat and Elijah are happy.. that's all." She said softly, looking down at her lap uncomfortably.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:56 am

"Well," Brian said. "I can tell you all about Angus."

"Oh really?" Angus laughed. "Shall I tell some things about you then as well, Mate?"

"You don't know anything about me," Brian teased.

"Oh, I don't, do I? You come and see me later, Chase, and I'll give you all the gift ideas you need," Angus said.

"As for the girls, Khaat was meaning to buy them some Christmas pj's, but she never got it done. That might be a good idea," Brian said.

"Oh, I do remember her talking about that," Angus nodded, "But she hasn't said one thing she wants for herself."

"No, but I know what she needs," Brian said. "She does not have any winter clothes anymore. The ones she had last winter were awful looking, so we pitched them. And she's lost so darned much weight, they wouldn't come anywhere close to fitting now. She needs warm clothes--sweaters, and something else to wear to bed other than that freaking silk she likes. This house can get cold in the winter, and I realize silk is elegant, but its not worth crap for keeping her warm. I really do want to put some warmer clothes, nightgowns or some pj's under the tree for her. Her weight loss is going to make her chill more than she used to. I can give you the names of the shops she uses in London. There are, really, only four that she uses with any regularity.

"If she were, right now, to give us any ideas for what she wants, it would be for her to never let Eli out of her sight again. I know Barker took her wand from her, and I know she thinks he got her diamond ring too, but, as a healer, she washes her hands constantly, and if she's near her office, she lays her ring on her desk. Evidently, Barker missed it. So, Robert gave it to me for safe keeping. When her fingers heal well enough, I'll put her diamonds and emeralds back where they belong. The wand, well, that can be replaced. You can come along when I go back later today, and you can pick her brain all you like." He frowned, glancing over at Dakota who was just getting out of sight behind the sofa. He groaned.

"'Kota? Again? Really?" He sighed. "What is it with you and the sofa?" He was about to go fish her out, when Angus flicked his wand. Dakota floated backwards and back into Angus's arms. She giggled with delight while she floated through the air to him.

"Here, Shorty," Angus said, putting her back on the floor on the opposite side of the room from the sofa. "Start again. That'll take you a few mihutes."
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 636
Special Abilities : Healer, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:48 pm

Chase smiled and nodded. "I'll have to take you up on that offer Angus." She said with a smile to him. "And I might get her a couple of good winter coats or something." She said slowly, her mind going over all of the different coats and jackets she could get for Khaat. "And I'll take care of the Pajamas for the girls." She said with a smile. "I love shopping for kids." She grinned and thought about it for a minute before finally just chuckling and looked at Angus. "Well... I'd like to go back again.. just to check on Elijah if I could.. so when you go, just call me." She said with a small smile before she got up off the floor.

Looking over at Dakota who was now placed across the room, and not behind the sofa, even though she appeared to be determined to get behind there again. Chase brushed off her pants, and looked at the two adults. "Thank you... If it's okay I"ll just go back to my room for a while." She said and moved out of the room, looking around before making her way to her bedroom, her mind whirring with things that she could get this family for Christmas, and things that she could do to show how much she appreciated them letting her become part of their family.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:57 pm

OOC: I'm moving on to the next morning.

Brian was up before 5. He was restless. His mind would not leave Khaat. Somehow he'd messed up. Nobody had said it yet, but Brian knew it. IF there was one flaw in security for her, it had always been her time at St. Mungos. he really truly had never wanted to try to force her to have a bodyguard for every move she made there. He knew she would rebel and would believe it was over the top. But time and time again, when trouble came, it found her when she was alone in her office. And it had been true this time too. It had been exactly where Barker had just waltzed right in and stolen his heart from--when she was the most vulnerable. He didn't want this ever happening again. She would have to live with guards now.

He had gotten up and had spent more time working out in the gym. He had a lot of anger to burn off. He'd pushed himself relentlessly until the rage was gone for the moment. He'd moved himself out of the guilt and the emotional self flogging and had moved back into doing what he needed to do. He went back upstairs and changed and dressed for the day. He packed up some things he planned to take to Khaat today and sent an owl off to Lizzie requesting a very special breakfast for two to take to Khaat. He looked on his nightstand and picked up her diamond and emerald engagement ring and put it back in his pocket. She would probably welcome at least seeing it today.

He peeked over in the nursery and found the girls fast asleep. There was something wonderful about watching them sleep. Such beautiful babies, and when they slept, so blissfully unaware of any of the danger around them, it was like a little nudge from heaven that hope still existed.

He went downstairs and found Angus had already put coffee on. Angus's work jacket was gone from its peg on the wall in the kitchen. That meant Angus was down in the stables taking care of the animals. Well, Brian was early this morning. Earlier than usual. He poured himself a cup of coffee. It wouldn't be light for a couple of hours yet. He hoped Chase could sleep in. There was no need for her to be up so early. He lit the fire in the fireplace and sat near the hearth, his mind racing already. His next moves now needed to be taking care of his family. He had to let Robert chase Barker, much as Brian wanted to rip Barker apart, to shred one cell irrepairably from another so that it could never be reassembled into one sentient piece. But that could nont be his job this time. He had other duties right now. He was hoping that, given the number of healers around Khaat, they could already be thinking of moving her home. He wanted her safe, and as long as she was out of her own home, she was at risk. That meant he and Robert needed to talk--today.
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:11 pm

Chase tossed and turned all night. Elijah was hurt, she was here, in this comfortable bed, and there he was, at St. Mungos, in pain.. she wanted to leave early, she wanted to get moving, instead of laying in this lavish bed, she wanted to DO something, and she wasn't allowed, because she was in protection against the man who had hurt Elijah.. Barker.. the man she wanted to show she was stronger then him. She wanted to see him getting what he deserved... more then he deserved, she wanted him to suffer, and it startled her to know this, but he had hurt that one part of her life that had caused so much, and it hurt her in the chest for her to realize just how much this insane man had hurt Elijah.

Chase got up relatively early, the sun wasn't even up, but at that moment, she realized that someone else was. "Sylvia!" She gasped and went over to the owl, stroking it's head. "When did you get here?" She asked, and realized there was a box of treats next to her cage that had been set on the desk. "Thank you.." She whispered and dug one of the treats out, giving it to Sylvia before grabbing the newspaper that she had dropped there when she had come in. Skimming it, she realized she was starving, and threw the paper on the bed, looking back at Sylvia, she grinned and left the room, glancing into the little girl's room she smiled softly. There was nothing like sleeping children that put your heart at rest. Sneaking down the stairs, still in her pajamas, (She wasn't planning on seeing anyone this early) She walked into the kitchen, only to find herself looking at Brian.

Blushing hard, she started to back up, but then shrugged, and entered the kitchen. "Good morning." She said softly, looking around the kitchen for a moment. "I didn't expect anyone to be up.. or else I would have changed.." She said, her blush still evident on her cheeks. Her hair was pretty much a mess, her silky night gown hung to just over her knees, and only had straps for the arms. It was kind of cold, but Chase was pretty comfortable. "I saw that Angus brought Sylvia in last night." She said with a small smile, sitting down across from Brian, her face bright red.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:04 pm

"He did. she was pretty cold when she got here, but it didn't take long to warm her up. She can go out flying with Archangel this morning if she gets bored being indoors. Oh, and your house elf sent a note along," he took an envelope down from the fireplace mantel and handed it to her. It didn't bother him in the least that she was comfortable in the house. In fact, he really did approve, but he didn't want her to chill.

"You really ought to come over here by the fire and sit over here. It's a bit chilly in this big house sometimes. How about some tea? Angus always has a pot of tea on, and I am sure I smelled Robert's Christmas spice tea. Oh, I don't know if I told you. Robert has a hobby of making all sorts of spiced tea blends. And there is always some blend on in the kitchen. Its herbal, so it won't hurt the baby. Perfectly acceptable.

"I'm going into St. Mungos this morning," Brian said. "I do need to see Khaat and talk to Robert, both. You're welcome to go along, but I need to talk to Robert about Khaat and Eli. The quicker I can get them here, the safer they'll be. You know, I've seen people go through things like what Barker caused, and Eli's reaction is not that unusual. As he rests a bit and then starts to have a little fun again in his life, he'll start to be able to refocus his mind. That should help--if he does it that way. If he doesn't, it might take a little longer. Angus has a room fixed up for him for whenever Robert says we can move him.

"Their fingers should be healed today. Ankle bones will take longer. Some of the cuts should be gone, and the knife sounds should be improving pretty steadily.

"I need to stop at Sparks on the way, if you don't care. I'm taking Khaat a gourmet breakfast. Angus is baking some scones and making some sort of egg casserole for you and him. He doesn't like to eat alone, so I'm sure he'll have that ready whenever you decide you want to get dressed. Should I have him get you some of that tea?"
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:19 pm

Chase smiled and took the envelope from Brian, opening it up and reading it, her smile growing larger as she read. Finally she folded it back up and looked up at Brian, moving to stand by the fire with him. It was much warmer here, and she smiled, putting the letter back into the envelope. "Calla is worried, but she understands that I'm safe.." She said softly. "She secretly wants to come here, but I wouldn't have that.... I wouldn't want to invade anymore on your generosity.." She said softly, shaking her head before turning around so that her back was facing the fire, warming her backside. "Tea sounds great.." She said looking him with a smile. "Spiced tea blends?" Chase asked and had to suppress a giggle.

"Yeah, I told Elijah I'd be there with him when he woke up this morning, so I should go with you!" She said quickly. "I'll just get dressed, and then eat something." She said with a smile, her body absolutely content. "I can't wait until they get here... I feel like St. Mungos isn't safe anymore... that horrible man invading such a peaceful place.." She said shaking her head unhappily. She listened to their updated condition and smiled. "So their bodies are healing... and it'll take a bit longer for their minds to heal I think..." She said softly, staring at the ground for a moment.

"I think I'll go get dressed really fast." She said carefully, after he spoke of going to Sparks. "Thank you Brian." She said and grinned him, half skipping off to her bedroom to change into more.. suitable clothing. Making her way quickly, she got dressed in sweats and a hoodie, and looked down at her stomach, seeing the bulge that was there, she smiled. No more hiding it for now, she wasn't at school anymore, she could let them see. She moved out of her room, and then went into the kitchen again, her hands dug deep into the pocket across her stomach, feeling the bump there.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:39 pm

Angus was pouring Christmas spiced tea into a large handmade stoneware mug painted with a holiday design. He handed the mug to Chase. "Good morning," he smiled. "I think you'll like this. It always smells to me like it is everything the holidays should be. You'll get a laugh out of our friend in there. He went to Diagon Alley last night, made the florist open up shop and bought out every rose the florist could get his hands on. Cleared out three shops. He sent every one to Khaat's room overnight. I don't know how the poor girl will move in that room. He doesn't often flaunt it, but he really is a hopeless romantic. And Khaat, I think, is the first woman I've ever seen him tail over teakettle about."

He dished up a bowl of fruit salad for each of them that had a ginger dressing and chopped fresh mint. He took the individual egg casseroles from the oven and put each of the remekins on separate plates, along with the fresh baked scones, and set out a crock of honey butter. "Orange juice?" he asked her, pouring a glass for himself.
Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 391
Special Abilities : Ecological Empath

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:58 pm

Chase nodded her head to Angus. "Good morning Angus." She said softly, smiling at him and taking the mug that he handed her. She sniffed and her smile grew wider. "It smells wonderful!" She said and took a small sip. "Tastes even better!" She said her eyes wide as she stared down into the cup. Chase listened to the story he told, and then laughed along with him. "Wow, that's so romantic." She said with a smile. "Khaat's a lucky woman." She said giggling and sitting down at the table.

Chase watched as he made breakfast, and then nodded. "Sure." She said with a smile. "That looks so wonderful..." She said softly, looking at all of the food he had made. "How do you find the time.. or the patience to cook so much?" She asked shaking her head. "I don't know how you do it... I've never actually HAD to cook ya know... I learned a few things, like I can make little things, but nothing extravagant.. or very tasty.." She said making a face when she remembered something she had made a long time ago, when Mary had tried to show her how to cook. "It doesn't turn out well.. I'll probably have to hire a cook when I grow up, I just don't have the ability of cooking that most women do.." She said with a smile.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:21 pm

"Robert makes all sorts of different flavors. In the summertime, his teas are flavored with all sorts of fruit. His winter teas tend to be more full and comforting. I dont know--I think it has a lot to do with that potionsmaker stuff he likes so well.

"Brian grew up with her, and i watched them get serious this summer. They both swore that would never ever happen. Never. And then they hung about Tuscany, probably the most romantic place in the world, and there those two are in complete denial, looking goo-goo eyed at each other and saying:We're just friends. Idiots. Both of them. The only ones who didn't see it was them.

"You know," he said, rewarming his coffee and sitting down to breakfast. "You walked into a family of good cooks. Kate is amazing. She taught Khaat to cook. And Brian and I have always cooked. Brian specializes in grilling, though, and outdoor cooking. I guess I like seafood and the sort of simple stuff I have in Tuscany. Khaat and Kate, well, they like comfort foods. You'll learn to cook. It just sort of happens in this bunch. They can't seem to do anything without food around. Oh, and we're also great believers in health and exercise. All of us. Brian will soon be designing a fitness program for you so you're in top shape by the time the baby gets here. You wait and see. That's sort of a given too, unless you're allergic to exercise or something."
Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 391
Special Abilities : Ecological Empath

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top