A Helping Hand In Everything
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Helping Hand In Everything  Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Helping Hand In Everything

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Helping Hand In Everything  Empty A Helping Hand In Everything

Post by Esmeralda Martinez Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:07 am

Nathan was looking down at the papers he was holding in his hands making sure he had everything. He began looked up as he was headed down to the first floor towards the hospital wing. He turned the corner on the second floor and began walking down the stairs quickly. Hitting the bottom landing he walked towards the corridor for the hospital wing. He usually volunteered there because he wanted to even though he always tried to avoid going near places like that. He figured if he volunteered there he might get over his fear of them but so far no good. He wasn't going to give up on it because it wasn't in his nature to do so.

Nathan rounded the corner to the corridor that led to the hospital wing, he saw a girl walking out of it. "Oh hey, I have the assignments from your classes. I thought that you might want them so you don't fall behind in them, I have them all in order according to the periods you take them." He said to her as he held them out to her. It was a small stack of papers but there was one book that went with one of the assignments. "Are you feeling better today?" He was genuinely concerned about her health but he didn't think she would appreciate him being noisy about it. He didn't know what to say to her but he felt like an idiot standing there. "Did I get all of them? I keep having a feeling I forgot something that your supposed to have for homework but I don't know. Let me know if there anything missing and I'll talk to the professor, oh wait your leaving the hospital wing so that means that you were released sorry."
Esmeralda Martinez
Esmeralda Martinez
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 143
Special Abilities : Apparition, Non-Verbal Magic, Animagus

Back to top Go down

A Helping Hand In Everything  Empty Re: A Helping Hand In Everything

Post by Katherine Avery Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:14 am

Katherine had spent far too long in the Hospital Wing for her own tastes, no matter how much she loved Victoire's company, and she was tired of watching Luke pretend like he hadn't been a total jerk by refusing to marry Victoire when the marriage law went into effect. So when she was given a chance to leave the wing for a time, Kit took advantage of it. She just didn't expect to run into one of her fellow students when she did so. Nathan had been volunteering, so it wasn't as though she didn't recognize him. But she did feel a twinge of embarrassment that he was having to bring her work to her.

Still, she offered a little smile in greeting as he approached. "Oh," she replied quietly, mustering a wider smile. "Thanks, Nathan. I wouldn't go so far as to say I feel good, but I feel better than I did yesterday. And maybe that has something to do with being out of the hospital wing. I'm not sure. But it feels nice to be out and about."

She extended a hand when he asked if he had gotten all of the things she needed, flicking through the pages and glancing at the front of the textbook. He apologized, surprising Kit into looking up at him. "Oh, I mean... I'm out for a little while, yeah. The Matron wants me to come back in, but I don't really want to go back in right away. But, yes, everything is here."

Katherine hesitated for a moment, fidgeting and shifting her weight. "Umm, it might sound a little weird, but... I mean, I haven't heard much about what's been happening lately. I'm not usually interested in gossip, but if you've got any stories, I'd actually be really interested. But," she added quickly, realizing the assumption that she had made, "only if you have time, of course."
Katherine Avery
Katherine Avery
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 190

Back to top Go down

Post by Esmeralda Martinez Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:31 pm

"That's good that you feel better than yesterday. Sometimes being out of a place tends to do that at times. Would you like to go for a walk to get away from the wing for a little while?" Nathan asked as he stood there feeling like an idiot not knowing what to say again. "I hate being in the hospital or in a bed for long periods of time. I think that's why I volunteer in the Hospital Wing. I think maybe if I hang around it long enough that I'll pick up tricks to not get sick." He stopped talking he felt like he was babbling to her.

When she took the papers he then put his hands behind his back. "I'm glad that I got everything, I was sure I missed something though. Maybe it's just my brain telling me it's something I've lost." He said smiling softly.

"Well there's only one that has a lot of gossip about lately." Nathan said pulling the stream of it from memory. "Apparently there's a Gryffindor and a Slytherin dating. Everything thinks that because of the way they are pasted to one another. That the Slytherin girl is gonna end up pregnant before her sixth year. Then there's the rumor she already is pregnant and they are keeping it secret. There's also word that muggles and squibs are casting magic in London. They have a inn set up in Diagon Alley to house them so they can learn to use it properly. I'm just wondering if they finally stop using magic if the ministry will wipe their memories. That would suck especially if they find a wizard or witch they fall in love with or something like that. Or they become friends with one, I guess only time will tell."
Esmeralda Martinez
Esmeralda Martinez
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Avery Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:57 pm

Katherine merely smiled while Nathan explained how pleased he was that he had managed to collect everything she needed, but when he spoke again to explain everything that had been happening, Kit started to wonder if she had missed an entire year of her life without realizing it. So much had happened that all she could do was lift her eyebrows in amazement. Indeed, even her lips parted in surprise while she tried to take it all in.

"Although I think I know which students you're talking about, that's still a bit concerning, isn't it? I mean, has no one told them what people are saying? You'd think they would try to act a bit differently, if only in public to make people leave them alone about it." Katherine shook her head, astounded.

The part about magic acting all the more strange made her more concerned, though, and Kit found herself biting her lip as she tried to understand it all. "That's terrible," she replied finally, shaking her head. "I mean... not the bit about them learning to use it. Although, I'm surprised my brothers haven't said anything. Father must be rather furious about that. But it must be dreadful to be working towards learning something that might be taken from you, and worse still to know you'll forget the whole of it if the Ministry decides they want to take it from you. I can't even imagine."
Katherine Avery
Katherine Avery
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 190

Back to top Go down

Post by Esmeralda Martinez Wed May 20, 2015 8:53 pm

Nathan nodded and said, "Vaughn knows what other students are saying. His friends told him so he's been trying to escape from the other students. Some have taken to trying to aggravate him enough so that he gets into a fight with them. He's kinda of a hot head." He shook his head about the audacity of some of the students in the school. "They won't leave the two of them alone until school is done and over with for them. I feel bad for them thought, it can't be easy trying to get away from all of that attention." 

"Yeah it is, I can't imagine what those people are going through. Sometimes it makes me wonder if there's someone behind all of this. Then again it's probably not someone behind it at all." He said trying to figure out what it would mean for the wizarding world. "I feel bad for them because they find out they can do these things and don't know what it's called. Then when everything disappears there will be an empty space where it was and they'll have no memory of it. I couldn't imagine what that would feel like."
Esmeralda Martinez
Esmeralda Martinez
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top