Helping Khaat
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Helping Khaat Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Helping Khaat

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Helping Khaat Empty Helping Khaat

Post by Chastity Moor Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:12 am

Chase looked up and stared at the huge household. It was like a giant log cabin, so beautiful, so peaceful. She could hear horses over in the barn, and see another house off to the side. Even the front door was huge, and Chase found herself wondering what they needed with all this space. Not that her house had been any better, they had had extra rooms to spare, and more where that came from. Chase had a small case with her that had some of her little valuables that had been taken from Hogwarts.

Chase bit her lower lip and flicked her hair over her shoulder, glancing back at Brian, before slowly letting her eyes take in the setting again. It was cold, snow was everywhere, and when Chase turned around, she could see what looked like mountains not to far off. "It's beautiful." She whispered, looking around in awe. "I didn't know.. it was so big." She whispered shaking her head. "It's just.. magnificent.. it will take me forever to learn where everything is.." She said laughing. "But I'll do it.. I'll learn.. and then once I know where everything is, I can learn everything else!" She said straighting her back so that she could look braver then she felt. Chase continued to look in awe at the house that was in front of her, afraid to go forward into it, but afraid to just stand there in the cold.

She had changed since she had left Hogwarts and gone to St. Mungos, she now wore some sweat pants of whose orgin she wasn't sure, but they fit her waist comfortably, and she had a jacket that she had a feeling was Elijah, but wasn't sure, it was over her shoulders lightly, her arms not in the sleeves as she stood there staring at the house. Slowly she took a few tentative steps forward, before heading into the house.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Helping Khaat Empty Re: Helping Khaat

Post by Brian Quinn Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:28 am

"You know," Brian laughed, "This house sat empty most of the time until after Khaat had Abbey. I lived elsewhere. Now, I can't imagine not being here with all my girls. Khaat and the babies. They're everything now. Come on in." Brian opened the door, with the huge evergreen wreath on the door with the big red velvet bow.

All of the Christmas lights were on in the house. All the Christmas decorations Khaat had hand selected were everywhere Brian looked. The massive tree that seemed to go upwards forever until it just brushed the vaulted ceiling, with the multicolored lights and the handblown German glass ornaments. He looked at the evergreen garland laying across the mantel. The garland was lit and had more handblown glass ornaments, and a warm fire burned in the hearth. It looked like Khaat was everywhere Brian looked. It reassured him that she indeed was coming home to him.

And then it registered with him. He smelled cookies. And chocolate. "Angus?" Brian called. "We're home."

Angus came in from the kitchen. "Hey! Welcome home. And you must be Chase. I'm Angus. If you need anything at all, just ask. Make yourself at home. I made Kate's cocoa, and I made fresh chocolate chip cookies. I..well, I thought in another day or so, Khaat might enjoy them."

"She will probably enjoy one later today or by tomorrow," Brian smiled. "Thank you."

"Cocoa?"

"For Kate's recipe, of course," Brian laughed. "You have to try Kate's cocoa recipe, Chase. She puts a lot of whole cream in it so that it's extra thick and creamy. Just lay your coat anywhere for right now. We'll get to it later. First things first. Let's warm up."
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 636
Special Abilities : Healer, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:37 am

Chase looked at Brian and then at all of the Christmas decorations. It was beautiful. So beautiful. She stared in awe, and realized her jaw had fallen open, she shut it quickly and set her stuff on the floor by the door at Brian's request, her eyes locked on the man who had just entered. Angus? Baker of cookies and cocoa.. this life was just to good to be true. Huge house, family, love.. it was all here. Christmas was in the air.. and it made Chase happy inside just to be standing here, partaking in the little amount she was allowed to. Somehow Chase found it very hard to think that she would have to leave here one day...

Chase swallowed and decided not to think about it, she had just gotten here after all. She would be learning so much, doing so much, being helpful where she could. Making the place better for Khaat to get better, babysitting the kids, and being protected at the same time. Luckily it was the Christmas break, and Chase realized that Barker couldn't be on the run to long, there was no way he'd get away for as long as Chase wanted to be here. Chase half wished he'd stay on the run, just for her own selfish desires to stay here in this house. She put her jacket on the floor next to her bag of stuff and followed Brian, her mouth hanging open as she tried to take in every detail she could about the house. She knew at some point or another, she'd be walking in just like Brian, or Angus, at home she hoped, not even bothering to look up at the huge Christmas tree, but at the moment.. she was absolutely starstruck. Chase shivered and rubbed her arms, following after for some of this hot cocoa, and maybe even a cookie.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:55 pm

Angus disappeared back into the kitchen and, a moment later, sent a tray floating out from the kitchen. It had a big pitcher of cocoa, a bowl of marshmallows, mugs, a plate of fresh, warm chocolate chip cookies, little plates and napkins. Brian motioned the plate to settle on the coffee table, and it complied. He poured two mugs and topped them with marshmallows and handed one to Chase. "Here," Brian said. "This is the recipe Khaat and I grew up with. Khaat and I always felt like it was like drinking hot chocolate cream. This is what cocoa means to us. Have a cookie. Angus is a man of many talents, and one of them is his talent in the kitchen. He's a fabulous cook. Angus, have you picked a room for our new family member?"

"I certainly have," Angus smiled, coming in with his own mug of cocoa. "The room across from mine."

"Oh. Good. She'll like that room, I think. It's large and airy. And there's a fireplace and a sitting area in there so she can make herself right at home. Good choice."

"I thought so. And Kate has delivered the shopping for Chase. I've unpacked it in her room already." Angus flicked his wand at Chase's things. "You! Up to Chase's room and Unpack!" Her things snapped to attention and floated up the stairs. Brian laughed. He looked at Chase.

"Angus doesn't believe in formal spells," Brian said with a grin. At that moment, they heard the sound of an angry baby wailing from upstairs. "That would be Abbey," Brian said. "Dakota has probably swatted her with a toy again. That's Dakota's latest game. Just a minute. I'll be right back."

He and Angus disappeared for a moment and came back downstairs. Angus was carrying an excited, happy babbling redhaired baby girl, and Brian was carrying a little blond baby that was crying and cuddling into his neck as he comforted her.

"These are my girls. Thiis is Abbey," Brian smiled, contented having them close, "Khaat's daughter. That other little bundle of energy is Khaat's granddaughter, Dakota. Abbey is always the more gentle of the two. Dakota is always on the go. Accio, Juice!" Brian commanded. A moment later two sippy cups, one pink and one teal blue floated in from the kitchen. "We try to keep these ready and in the fridge at all times," Brian laughed. "It really does help." Both juice cups started to float over to Brian and Angus had to do a bit of a quickstep to snatch one of the out of the air. He grabbed the teal one and scowled at Brian.

"Aim one a little closer next time, would you, Mate?" he asked.

"Sorry," Brian laughed, as the pink one floated gracefully to him. He distracted Abbey from her tears by handing her the sippy cup of juice. "Better?" he asked her, kissing the little girl's forehead. "Dada!" Abbey chattered at him. Brian tried to suppress a bit of a smile of pride. Abbey was biologically Rob's, but Brian was the one raising her with Khaat. Abbey would, for Brian, always be his daughter. So would Dakota, even though she was Khaat's granddaughter. He was raising her too as his own daughter.

"Your bedroom will be right next door to the nursery, Chase," Brian explained. So you know, my room and Khaat's is the first door on the left upstairs. The nursery is the first door on the right--right across the hall. Angus's room the second room on the left, next to ours, and yours will be right across the hall from his and next to the nursery. The other bedrooms and their baths--when they're not used by guests--are sometimes used by the bodyguards, either by ones who work the night shift, or ones who work the day shift. If they choose to stay over, they're welcome.

"Incidently, I've had bodyguards for Khaat for months now--everywhere she goes. That's part of my job. I head her security for her, and I'm paid privately by Robert to do that, in case you were wondering. I have healer's privileges at St. Mungos in case Khaat gets shorthanded, but I'm not there a lot. That's sort of where I fit into this, for the most part.

"In the basement, you'll find the family room and recreation room, the workout room, the sauna, the workroom, and the pool. I wanted a lap pool, and Khaat made me transfigure it to a proper pool. So blame her for having an indoor pool in the basement. Oh, and there's the wine cellar down there as well.

"Um...lets see. The laundry room and the pantry are off the kitchen. I have an office on this floor towards the back of the house. Upstairs are mainly bedrooms.

"There are acres and acres of woods all around us, and there are paved walking trails through the woods. They can be magically lit at night so you don't get lost, but it does cover several miles and takes hours to hike. You're welcome to go out and walk at any time you want. There's also a guest house, but nobody is living there right now. I guess I just haven't had cause to use it, but we have no secrets here. You're welcome to go whereever you like, look whereever you want."

Spoiler:
Chase's room
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:48 am

Chase followed Brian into the room where the hot cocoa and cookies landed on the coffee table. She sat down across from Brian and picked up the mug when he handed it to her, sipping it and exclaiming in surprise. It was perfect, more then perfect. She stared at the cup for a long moment, as though unsure of how they could have more perfect cocoa. The cookies could wait, Chase was feeling much to uncomfortable to eat at the moment, maybe later when she was more settled in. She set her mug down and waited, feeling a bit nervous as Brian and Angus went off to fetch the girls. Chase's first look at the girls she would be helping Khaat to take care of for a while. At least until Khaat was better, Chase wouldn't leave here a moment before then. Even if Felix was off the streets, she would make sure Khaat was being taken care of.

Chase felt herself smile widely as the two bubbling babies were brought into the room. They were adorable, no doubt about it. Chase tore her attention from the two girls, as Brian started to explain the house and it's rules to her. Her room was second door on the right, next to the nursery, across from Angus's. Chase would be able to hear if there was anything wrong in the night, and that was just perfect for her. She wouldn't be able to sleep for a while anyway, though she had no idea how well the girl's slept yet.

Chase listened as he spoke, and then looked around at the lavish room. It was so.. beautiful. This entire family.. it just felt.. perfect.. she couldn't believe she would be staying here for a while, allowed to do whatever she wanted, when she wanted. Of course her first goal here was to make sure Khaat was taken care of, and that she had no worries in the world. Abbey and Dakota would be well taken care of, and if Chase were to have her way, Khaat would grow well fast, getting to her feet by Christmas at the least. Chase nodded and then smiled. "I appreciate all you have done for me.." She said softly, as though afraid to speak to loudly. "If you ever need my help anywhere, just ask.. I can cook, clean.. I can watch Abbey and Dakota.." She said softly, her eyes going first from Angus to Brian. "I can't express how much you've made me feel at home.. and if there was ever anyway I could repay you.." She said softly. "I'll do whatever I can to make sure you don't regret your hospitality." She said softly, her hands folded in her lap.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:11 pm

"Chase," Brian smiled, "You dont' have to earn this. For now, this is your home. It just is what it is. I'm sure you'll get plenty of time to help out. If nothing else, some help with the girls is quite a lot just on its own. They're getting more active all the time. And nine chances out of ten, if they get into some sort of trouble, its Dakota that starts it. That girl just has way too much energy for her own good. She is going to be one of those fiery redheads, I think. And Abbey, well, at least right now, she's a cuddlebug. She's usually on the receiving end of whatever Dakota decides to dish out. My best suggestion for you is to brush up on your referee skills because you're going to need them with these two. Oh, and they crawl everywhere and want to get into everything. I would appreciate it if they didn't rip up my Native American art collection too badly, though, if we can help it. Some of it was pretty expensive. Let's go look around, and then you can see your room and settle in a bit."

He led Chase on a tour of the huge house. He started with the main floor, then went to the basement, and ended by showing her the upstairs and finally her room. "Angus will give you a set of keys and a portkey to the house. If you haven't travelled much by portkey, let me know. I presume you can apparate, but portkeying is totally different. You will need to be comfortable doing that. Angus and I can teach you. I can't overemphasize how important it is for you to not ever give the key or portkey to anyone else or to let them use it for any reason. This house stays secret because I don't give out access to it. That's what keeps Khaat and her daughters safe. That's what will keep you safe too. No one comes here but people that I trust. If we want to see someone, we generally go to them, unless they're on that short list of trusted friends. And you're going to be surprised how immensely short that list really is.

"Chase, so you know. I love Khaat with all my heart. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for her or the girls. So I do know that some of these weird rules I might seem to have are going to look way over the top on being overprotective. But this is one of the very few places Khaat is truly safe. Almost every place else she goes is penetrable and she is at risk just going to work in the morning. I do this for her. Myself, I don't need this level of security. But her? I won't risk her. Not if I were offered ownership of everything in the world. Without her in my world, I woudn't have anything worth keeping anyway. Does that make any sense? My real hope now is to get her home and out of St. Mungos as soon as possible. She's not safe there. Not nearly as safe as she is here. And that might mean that I have to bring her home on bedrest conditions if necessary. I've done it before. Its not like we don't have healers in the family, after all. Once she gets stabilized, there is very little that Robert can do for her there that he could not do here as well. I most likely will discuss how soon I can move her when I go back to St. Mungos later today. So don't be surprised if she isn't there very long at all. Eli? Well, Khaat will have the final say in where he goes because she is his guardian, but she always lets him make his own choices as often as she can. Robert, however, might pull rank on her this time because of Barker. We'll just have to wait and see.

"So, how is your room? Will it do for now? Anything you need? Please check your closets and drawers and the bathroom to see if there is anything else you need or want. Kate and Angus are usually pretty meticulous when it comes to stuff like that."
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:49 am

Chase was in awe at how big the house was. How beautiful they all were, the whole family.. her room, it was all.. perfect, hard to imagine that they had two kids, because it was so clean... so beautiful. Angus must have a hand in that anyway. Repair charms, and just a happy household.. well it was like Chase was dreaming as she was guided around the house by Brian, after the show of her room, and Brian was talking to her, she stood for a moment, listening to him, and her mind suddenly flashed to Elijah. He was talking.. and she was reminded of how she felt for him.. how she felt he must feel for her, at least a little bit, if what he had said at St. Mungos was true.

"Mr. Quinn.." She said not able to bring herself to say his first name. "I know... how it must feel, but don't worry.. I'll do anything you say for me to do... I'll watch the girls, I'll do.. whatever! I want Khaat home and safe, as much as you.. well maybe not as much as you, but pretty close." She said with a smile, her head turned to the side slightly. "I"m really good with kids, so I can help anywhere you want me to! As soon as you want me too... Lets just say we are really lucky I don't have any family to worry about.." She said slowly, as though thinking her words over carefully. "We wouldn't want Barker to try and pull my family out, to get me out, to get to Eli.. to get to Khaat.." She said slowly, and then shook her head. "That's such a long list.. I doubt he would go after it.. But still.. less people to worry about.. I thank you so much Mr. Quinn.. for helping me, and for everything you have ever done to me... I don't think I could ever explain to you.. how much you... you being alive has helped me.." She said and blushed hugely her cheeks as red as her hair.

Excusing herself quickly, Chase turned around and went into her room, closing the door carefully after her. It was a beautiful room, a sitting area, a huge bed, perfect. She went to the closet and was almost surprised to see all of her stuff there. She checked on her shoes, her clothes, before heading to the bathroom, finding her makeup, her hair stuff, her teeth stuff, her basic bathroom utilities. Finding things for women under the sink, and deoderant in the cupboard. It was all there, and she was very happy to find it so. It felt like she was home for a second, as she brushed her teeth quickly, and pulled a hairbrush through her hair before pulling it back into a hairtie. Leaving the bathroom, Chase looked around the room and sat on the bed lightly. She got to thinking and then left the room, looking around for Brian again, hoping to find him near, before heading downstairs to the main area of the house.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:25 am

Brian had redirected Abbey's attentions with some cuddles and a few kisses. She was happy again. Brian had put her and Dakota on the living room carpet, and off they'd gone in separate directions across the living room carpet. They were both babbling happily. Dakota was doing her best to crawl under an end table, and Abbey was chasing Max, Khaat's huge gentle white cat. Max was walking leisurely across the living room, and Abbey was crawling after him, saying, "Da..da...da..da..." endlessly, as if Max were honestly going to pay any attention to her.

"Go get him, Abbey," Brian laughed. He looked at Angus. "That'll keep her busy for awhile."

"Yeah, until I have to fish her out from behind the couch or something," Angus laughed.

"Don't say that. I almost had to do that the other day," Brian said. "Hey, Chase. Did you find everything you need? At some point, when you feel a bit more at home, feel free to find your way around where things are stored. Khaat is usually pretty organized at things, especially in the girls' nursery. You won't find a lot of magic used in the kitchen. Khaat has a thing about not liking conjured foods. She wants it done by hand. She uses muggle kitchen equipment almost exclusively."

"Yeah, well, I don't," Angus said. "Well, let me correct that. I use muggle equipment, I just enchant it so it does the lion's share of the work for me."

"When people find out Khaat is hurt, the house will get dramatically busier, just so you know. Especially after she gets home. I do try to keep bodyguards on duty here around the clock. There is almost always awake staff here, so don't be bashful about either just getting into cabinets and drawers and closets to find what you need, or we'll be happy to help until you get the hang of it. So you know the pattern of things, we generally do breakfast around 7 am when Khaat is working, and about 8 am when she's not. Lunch is around noon, and dinner is usually around 6. When all is well, Khaat and I are up by 5 am during the week and we're down in the gym by then. She works usually 8 til 5. She tries to go into Sparks from 8 til 9, and then into St. Mungos and into the Ministry. Most night's she's home by 6 pm in time for dinner. There are always exceptions to that. She spends the evenings with the girls. I try to shoo her off to bed by 11 because she gets up so early. But I refuse to let her go without working out in the mornings. You are always welcome to join us in the gym, but that's usually too early for most folks.

"Our friends and family apparate in and out all the time, so you'll have to get used to them coming and going at will. We have a real open door attitude about that. We really enjoy people coming and being part of our lives. They're welcome any hour, any day of the week, for however long they want, and they all know that. Oh. Here." He reached in his pocket and handed her a plain British shilling. "Your portkey that gets you here. Are you comfortable travelling by portkey? You really do need to know how to do that. You're farther away from London than you think now."
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:41 am

Chase nodded and listened to Brian as he spoke of times for eating, and when people were expected to pop in and out of the place. Food made from muggle equipment, well she was no stranger to that. "Errm.. Mr. Quinn.. if I may ask, is there any chance my owl could be brought here?" She asked lightly. "I feel bad.. leaving her at Hogwarts while I'm gone.. I just.. yeah.." she said lamely, moving so that she could sit next to Dakota on the floor, and got her attention by playing paddiwack for a second. "Oh.. and erm.. I know this may sound odd, but I have a house elf.. who works at Hogwarts, if there was anyway I could get word to her as to where I was.. or something, I don't need her here or anything, but if she were to at least know that I'm safe.. I'm sure it would be good for her, she's old.. and she.. well she belonged to my mother before, her name is Calla.." She said looking at Angus more directly, mostly because he would probably be the one to contact her.

Chase picked up Dakota and laughed lightly, bouncing her around as the girl giggled before letting her crawl off to get into something, keeping a close eye on the girl for a moment before turning her attention back to the two men in the room. "They are darling.." She said smiling as Abbey chased after the cat, who had come up to Chase, and she pet it quietly, feeling it purr under her hand as Abbey came up to her. Chase smiled and made a face at her, to be rewarded with a giggle, and then she laughed, swooping in on her, to pick her up and tickle her, encouraged by the baby giggles she could hear.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:10 am

Brian smiled, watching Chase interact with the girls. Chase was good with them. That was definitely an asset. "Call me Brian," he said. "Please. And getting your owl is already in the works. I expect her to be here by evening at the latest. I can certainly send an owl to your house elf. If you want to write a note to her, I'll send an owl to her. I know how it is to have someone in your house for a long time. It is important to remember that they worry. I think its a good idea too. When you get your note together, give it to me or Angus and we'll send it."

"You know, Brian," Angus said. "It is only a matter of time, if I know Khaat, before she starts to spazz, though."

"Spazz?" Brian frowned, "About what?" His frown was deep. He was concerned about making sure that she had absolutely nothing to stress about and could recover as smoothly as possible.

"She didn't even get a good start on the Christmas shopping she wanted to do. I suggest that someone get a list from her on what she wants to buy yet and who for and let someone finish that."

Brian groaned. Khaat had done a mountain of shopping, but he knew she was not nearly done. He had forgotten. Christmas was postpone-able. She, however, was irreplaceable. Christmas had been the last thing on his mind. He knew that Khaat would be thinking about that again within a matter of hours. Angus was right.

"Chase, I might take you back with me when I go back to see her and let you function as her holiday secretary. You could get a list together of what she wants and perhaps we can either find a way for you to go, under the right conditions. Or, we'll send owls to the shopkeepers if Khaat is specific enough. You don't have a clue about the mountain of stuff she's already bought, but I know she wasn't even close to being done. That's going to bug her. Immensely. Got any ideas for managing that? It isn't my thing. I might leave that to you and her, and, if you need help, we'll get her mother to help."
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top