These could do with some shine - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

These could do with some shine - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

These could do with some shine

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

These could do with some shine - Page 2 Empty Re: These could do with some shine

Post by Walter "Xem" Charcovix Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:47 pm

Xemnas looked at Amelia and noticed that that sweet inocent face of a seventh year had turned into a more strict and law-abiding face.But Xemnas was not angry at her back,she was just following the rules another proffesor had given her.He looked back at the trophy and noticed some of the rust on it."I can't just leave it like this"He thought in his head,so he spent about 15 minutes polishing that one gryffindor trophy.He noticed that a shine had gotten into it,he felt a little more relived,that the biggest trophy was completely shined.

"hmm I guess in this case quantity versus quality"Xemnas thought so he put down the completely shined trophy and went to more smaller trophies.Within about 7 minutes he finished 3 slytherin trophys and a hufflepuff one.He then looked back at the prefect,her eyes a little less strict and a little more relaxed since she knew he was following orders.He then thought back to the time of this incident.Only because he was a new student not knowing where to go he got a detention."If anyone that should be here it should be Aurora".Xemnas proud and excepting face turned to a rather sad and despair sort of face.He sighed,but not because of the work but because of the whole idea of a lost student being punished for just being lost.He looked back at the teacher.Still looking at him,trying to see if I will slack off.Then Xemnas looked back down "*sigh* she wouldn't understand"Xemnas said in his mind and took a couple more trophies to clean.About ten of the trophies Xemnas cleaned were shiny like never before,he wished he could've said that about the feelings he was feeling at the moment
Walter
Walter "Xem" Charcovix
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 823

http://theroleplayzone.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

These could do with some shine - Page 2 Empty Re: These could do with some shine

Post by Amelia Lyons Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:33 am

With her answer hanging between them, Xemnas seemed to realize she wasn’t in the mood for chit chat – was she ever? – and he instead turned back to his work of cleaning trophies by hand. He was quiet now, the only sound in the corridor was the of the rag moving across the metal, which was becoming more purely reflective the longer he worked. After what seemed like an eternity, but really was probably only a quarter of an hour, the Gryffindor boy finally finished the quidditch trophy and moved on to a few others.

Confident that the boy was clear now on what he ought to be doing, Amelia allowed her mind to wander slightly, thinking of the book she had been reading in the common room before she came downstairs. It wasn’t a genre she had been overly interested in in the past, but a recent trip to the Black Raven Bookshop with a certain Beauxbaton’s student had probed her into buying it. Peter’s fascination with pirates was not offputting in any way – Amelia was interested in a great number of things that bored the rest of the student population – but she could not pretend it wasn’t unusual. She had to admit, however, that she was finding the book she had bought to be rather interesting, though she wasn’t far enough yet into the novel to make any solid judgments as to its final worth.

When Amelia came out of her own thoughts, it was became Xemnas was muttering something about someone else deserving detention more than he did. He had cleaned several trophies now, which was likely the only thing that saved him from having Amelia immediately snap at him for complaining instead of cleaning. Rolling her eyes, Amelia debated for a moment the possibility that if she didn’t say anything that Xemnas would just be quiet. Xemnas sighed audibly.

The chances did not look good.

“Okay, I’ll bite,” Amelia said with a hint of exasperation in her voice, making it clear she was only asking to placate him, “Why should this Aurora girl be here rather than you?”
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 1645
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Walter "Xem" Charcovix Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:53 am

Xemnas looked back up at Amelia,who had just told him something.She didn't seem the least bit interested,but maybe this was his time to redeem himself and tell her what really had happened."Well yesterday was my first ever day here at hogwarts,I just got a sorted and everything.I was never informed of the teachers the classes nothing.But I asked other students,one which was called Aurora.We were both about to go to herbology.But right when we were about to head off and owl came in that contained a message that said 'HERBOLOGY CANCELLED - due to accident'.So we figured we should do something on our time off.So Aurora offered a couple of options.The one that interested me the most was the forbidden forest."Xemnas noticed Amelia's expression changed to a rather bored one,but he continued to polish a couple more trophies while speaking.

"We went there just for some simple dueling,and after a couple of spells Proffesor......umm....what's the name ?......Bittel came in and told us we weren't suposed to be dueling here,and gave only me detentions.Now me being a new student,did not know that this forest was dangerous,that it was not proceedable,not knowing anything.I tried to explain that to her.But she just threatened to give me more detentions.Now if I've done something wrong I can except it and prevent it from happening again.Could you tell me what was my fault ?"Xemnas explained to her,unoticing the trophy had been perfectly cleaned and he was still cleaning it.
Walter
Walter "Xem" Charcovix
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Lyons Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:09 am

As Amelia had expected, Xemnas was altogether anxious to tell his woefully unheard story of how he was unfairly crippled with detention, and immediately took Amelia up on her offer to hear his side of the incident. He started things off by clarifying that he was a new student at Hogwarts ,which was unusual in the middle of the academic year, but not impossible. The following few lines were, in Amelia’s opinion, a rather dull series of unnecessary details which made Amelia’s mind start to wander and her body sink more heavily onto the wall she had taken to leaning on a few minutes before asking this question in the first place.

You should have just played deaf… Amelia’s subconscious complained, bored already with the tedium of Xemnas’s story.

I wish I was deaf, Amelia’s mind immediately quipped back, listening to the drone of the Gryffindor boy from his place on the floor. He actually seemed to be getting to the point of his story, though, she Amelia listened to the last minute or so, which was really the only necessary information since “yesterday was my first ever day here”, so Amelia was able to catch up quickly.

“Ignorance is not a defense,” were the first words out of Amelia’s mouth. It was a phrase her mother had always employed when Amelia made a mistake she hadn’t even known existed, “It is your responsibility as a student to make yourself aware of the rules of the castle and abide by them. It just so happens that you had to learn about these particular rules by breaking them. It is unfortunate that Miss Aurora led you into an area she likely knew was off-limits and engaged you in dueling, which is an offense which the professors treat most harshly. It is surprising to me that Aurora did not receive detention as well, but it is not of my discretion who receives detention and who does not.”

Although it may have seemed an abrupt ending, Amelia had said her piece on Xemnas’s ‘woe-is-me’ story and refrained from saying anything more. She had a blunt conversation style and tended to get her point across quickly so as to move things along as fast as possible. Speaking of moving things along…

“I think you’re done with that one,” Amelia added a few seconds later, nodding toward the trophy in Xemnas’s hand which he had cleaned thoroughly but, apparently, had not noticed since his mind became distracted with unfruitful self pity.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Walter "Xem" Charcovix Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:01 pm

Xemnas looked down at the trophy that Amelia had warned him about."Oh....sorry my mistake"Xemnas put that down and picked up other trophies to clean.He had listened to Amelia's words,and understood what she was telling him.While cleaning,he spoke out again "I guess it was my responsibilty to find out.The least I could've done was ask a teacher the rules and such.I accept my detention and won't pester you any more"Xemnas told the teacher realizing that she was probably in relief.Xemnas cleaned about 3 other trophies in the past 10 minutes.He had about 2 trophies left to polish

(1 post from you and 1 post from me and then were all done,I liked this roleplay Smile )
Walter
Walter "Xem" Charcovix
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Lyons Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:38 am

Xemnas’ reaction to Amelia’s comment about the trophy was to quickly put it aside and move on to the other trophies. While this was the obvious response that Amelia would have expected from the Gryffindor, she did not expect him to so easily put aside his feelings of self-pity that he had expressed to her in his story about how he had landed in detention.

As he moved on to another trophy, though, he admitted that she was right in telling he should take personal responsibility for his actions instead of blaming other people or the circumstance. He was actually astoundingly easily swayed to her way of thinking, especially for someone who had seemed awfully pigheaded earlier, but Amelia wasn’t going to argue with progress. Or silence, which was what enveloped the two of them when Xemnas followed through on his promise to not bother her any more. Instead, he focused on cleaning the few remaining trophies while Amelia gave an approving nod and went back to leaning against the wall opposite the trophy cabinet and watched the Gryffindor passively, her mind elsewhere. The number of trophies that remained to be cleaned was small enough that Amelia thought she might actually get to bed before midnight tonight.

Too bad it isn’t that easy to convince everyone that I’m right… Amelia thought absent-mindedly to herself, It would make arguments much shorter and, by proxy, more enjoyable.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Walter "Xem" Charcovix Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:07 pm

Xemnas glanced at the last two trophies,they were from ravenclaw. What a coincedence Xemnas thought.He picked up the first one and with his dirty rag,he cleaned the trophy with it.Since he knew he was already done,he just drifted off. hmm....what should I do when I am done.........I guess I could study Xemnas had said in his head. one done Xemnas was a little overjoyful that he was near completion.He rubbed the last trophy fast and hard,so within seconds he was done with a beautiful shine.He looked at the prefect and spoke words "So do I get my wand by myself or do you think she needs proof that I'm done from you"Xemnas asked Amelia.
Walter
Walter "Xem" Charcovix
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Lyons Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:57 pm

It was a long twenty minutes while Xemnas was cleaning the last two trophies, which seemed to take him even longer than the first few had, although Amelia knew this was likely because she was anxious to get out of here and get some actual work done instead of playing babysitter to first year Gyrffindors. She hadn’t gotten nearly as much done this week as she had wanted to, and that had a lot to do with her Imperium Squad duties taking over. Students were getting castle fever this time of year and without an outdoor outlet to their excess energy, were starting to land themselves in detention more frequently.

Eventually, however, Xemnas had finished the last trophy and set it back in the case with the others. His words suggested he was anxious to get his wand back, which was unsurprising to Amelia, considering she treated her own as an extension of her body and was never, never without it. She was not going to let him go without first making a closer inspection, though, because she’d be damned before she had to come back and clean these again because Professor Bittel was displeased with the Gryffindor boy’s work. She crossed the hallway brusquely and looked from a few angles at the trophies inside the case and, after a few minutes, determined that Xemnas was indeed finished.

“You can go to Professor Bittel yourself,” Amelia said, stepping back from the trophy cabinet and the Gryffindor boy as she pulled out her wand. Pointing it at the dirty rag on the floor, Amelia whispered an incantation and the filthy thing was transfigured into a small metal Raven whose silver shone as brightly as the clean trophies that were a product of Xemnas’s work. In its beak was clasped two ribbons, blue and silver, and the message would be unmistakable to Caelani: Xemnas’s punishment had been carried out to Amelia’s approval.

“Just give her this, she’ll know what it means,” Amelia said briskly, handing the token to Xemnas, her mind already moving on to the list of things she had to do tonight before she was even out of Xemnas’s presence.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top