These could do with some shine
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

These could do with some shine Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

These could do with some shine

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

These could do with some shine Empty These could do with some shine

Post by Caelani Bittel Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:30 am

Caelani tapped her foot impatiently, though neither of her charges, she supposed they'd be called, was actually late yet. Caelani was just in a perpetual state of impatience.

At her feet was a bucket of water, a tube of something the caretaker had assured her would make the trophies look like new and a toothbrush.

Caelani considered using the extra time to swap out the tube for soap from Moaning Myrtle's bathroom, but no, if she did, the Imperium Squad member she'd asked to come would be sure to show up right when she was gone.
Caelani Bittel
Caelani Bittel
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 469
Special Abilities : unforgivables

Back to top Go down

These could do with some shine Empty Re: These could do with some shine

Post by Walter "Xem" Charcovix Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:16 pm

Xemnas passed by the trophy room and had noticed that the mean teacher from before was there with a bucket of water,soap,and a toothbrush that looked rather new.He decided to approach her "what are you............oh I guess you didn't forget."Xemnas chuckled "oh well better serve the detention with dignitiy and pride"Xemnas said oout loud.Today Xemnas was in a pretty good mood but not for any particular reason.He decided maybe if he obeyed her she would've changed how she acted,but he highly doubted it.
Walter
Walter "Xem" Charcovix
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 823

http://theroleplayzone.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Lyons Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:02 am

((Sorry it took me so long to reply to this. It has been a crazy week.))

Amelia was descending the stairs from the fourth to the third floor, her imperium squad badge shining from its place the right hand corner of her uniform sweater. She did not wear the badge on a daily basis – like some other members of the squad did – but rather only when it was necessitated by her duties. It felt oddly heavy hanging against her chest, and she was certain she would take it off immediately after the detention she was overseeing was complete.

If Amelia had had her druthers, she never would have become an imperium squad member in the first place. She hadn’t volunteered for the position, but rather had been chosen by the previous headmaster and then encouraged – coughforcedcough – into taking the job by her mother. As far as Amelia could tell, there weren’t any real benefits to the position, but rather just a longer list of things she was responsible for doing. Amelia didn’t enjoy the power trip like some of the other members of the squad, nor was she in any real need of something to boost her resume. Her mother’s original argument for taking the position – that the she would get into the headmaster’s good graces by doing it – was nearly null and void now that the original headmaster that had put it in place was gone, but nevertheless, Amelia hadn’t found the gall to denounce her position and return to life as it was before she became a prefect and then an imperium squad member.

As she reached the third floor, the redheaded Ravenclaw looked down the corridor to see Professor Bittel and a silver-haired student standing next to the trophy case. The female professor had been the one that owled Amelia about this detention she was to be overseeing, and so it was she that Amelia approached.

“Good evening, professor,” Amelia greeted the blond woman as she stopped in front of the pair of them. She did not yet know the name of the student standing next to Professor Bittel, and thus Amelia merely nodded curtly in his direction, waiting for instructions on how to proceed.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 1645
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelani Bittel Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:58 am

"Nice to see you too, Xemnas," Caelani greeted the oddly subdued Gryffindor, before turning her attention back to the corridor.

Shortly, a flicker of orange signalled that they'd soon be joined by the prefect, or squad member, or whatever, that Calli had assigned babysitting duties. Originally her intent had just been to ensure that Xemnas knew he wasn't off the hook while also making sure she didn't actually have to be in the same room as the little bugger, but now, as Amelia drew closer, Caelani kind of regretted that she hadn't thought this out better.

"Ah, Amelia," she greeted the Ravenclaw, "It's so kind of you to do this for me. As you know, Xanxus is on detention. His punishment is to clean the trophies without magic, but if I come by tomorrow morning and all the Gryffindor trophies aren't shining like the day they were bought, I'll make you do it all again yourself."

She smiled smugly at Amelia before turning to Xanxus and holding out a hand.

"Wand, please."

"Oh, and I always find the cruciatus is incredibly motivating," she said to Amelia as an afterthought. "I'm sure you can pull off something like that, right?"
Caelani Bittel
Caelani Bittel
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Walter "Xem" Charcovix Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:18 pm

Xemnas's eyes widened "WHAT THE CRUCIATUS CURSE,THAT'S AN UNFORGIVAVBLE SPELL YOU CAN'T USE THAT.If there's one thing I know it's the unforgivable spells".Xemnas was a little timid to pass the wand to professor bittel.He then noticed the prefect that had just entered the room "she looks like she has compassion and understanding."I don't think she'll ever do that sort of spell against me"Xemnas thought.He thought he was nice,but not so much of a goodie goodie.He then looked back at Caelini,and refused to give her the wand so he decided to pass it to the prefect who's name was still a mystery.
Walter
Walter "Xem" Charcovix
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Lyons Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:54 am

The professor wasted no time in frivolity, addressing the point of having Amelia present almost immediately after she arrived. She briefly revisited the purpose of the detention – although she had already outlined it clearly in her first correspondence – and then moved on to what Amelia couldn’t help but interpret as a threat. It was a meaningless one, as far as Amelia was concerned, because she had no intention of giving any professor a reason to doubt that she had done her job correctly. If Xemnas – so that was his name – failed to clean the trophies well enough, Amelia would have made him redo it or have done the rest of it for him, not as a favor to him but to make sure she didn’t feel any backlash from it. She didn’t need Professor Bittel’s warning to do her job, but Amelia wasn’t about to stick her neck out in front of the blond woman by challenging her.

Nodding once to indicate that she had heard and understood, Amelia watched the professor demand Xemnas’ wand from him. The boy was understandably hesitant to hand over his wand, because to witches and wizards, giving up a wand was roughly equivalent to giving up an arm. What Caelani said next was not altogether helpful either, even though it was directed at Amelia rather than the quaking Gryffindor.

The Cruciatus Curse? Amelia thought, though revealing none of this on her facial features, which remained fixed in their usual, attentive but detached places. Certainly whatever he did to warrant trophy cleaning hardly calls for an unforgivable curse…

“Yes, I would be capable of performing the curse,” Amelia answered the professor. Her answer was not untruthful; she could perform the curse, but she had almost no intention of doing so. Using the curse would please Caelani and some of the other professors, but it would ostracize her with others. She wasn’t willing to risk her own reputation to make sure Xemnas learned his lesson, but the professor didn’t need to know that.

Obviously freaked out, the Gryffindor boy was lashing out at Professor Bittel, clearly unaware of how one should behave in these situations. Amelia could easily have had the same visceral reaction to the female professor’s suggestion, but it wouldn’t have done any good. Besides, she was not actually opposed to using the unforgivable curses under certain circumstances, but overseeing detention was certainly not one of those situations.

When the boy passed his wand to Amelia – supposedly to keep it away from the professor – Amelia was unprepared, and it took her a few seconds of indecision to take the wand from him. She did not hesitate, however, to pass the wand immediately to Professor Bittel, whose hand was still outstretched toward Xemnas.

“There,” Amelia said with a tone of finality, placing the thicker wand in Caelani’s open palm, “I think I can take it from here.”

“Well, get to it,” Amelia said brusquely as she turned toward Xemnas, trusting that the professor would leave quickly as she likely had a lot of other things to attend to or she wouldn’t have asked Amelia to do this in the first place, “I hardly think these trophies are going to get any cleaner with you standing here gawking.”

Last edited by Amelia Lyons on Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Walter "Xem" Charcovix Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:21 am

(oh Amelia,Xemnas didn't shove the wand to you.It matters because I don't want him to seem like a stubborn brat and Xemnas knew that you were going to pass the wand to Bittel)

Xemnas had saw the prefect pass the wand to the proffesor.The professor wasn't the biggest concern,he now had to find out who the prefect is.How she acts,speaks,is she educated,does she like power.Anyways Xemnas had noticed that she told him to start cleaning the trophys.He figured he should pick the biggest trophy first,just to get it over with.It was a quidditch cup,but that didn't surprise Xemnas.He had wondered if the proffesor was jealous,but to the most part she probably didn't care.He had looked back at the prefect,just glaring at him like a hawk.Xemnas didn't know if he should start talking or just ignore her and act like she's not even there.He figured it couldn't hurt to try especially since the proffesor left."Umm..what is...your name"Xemnas asked the proffesor.
Walter
Walter "Xem" Charcovix
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelani Bittel Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:59 am

Xemnas' wand disappeared silently into Caelani's robe pocket, just as Amelia told the boy to get cracking. However, she didn't use anything to motivate him into moving. Indeed, the boy was still bold enough to speak directly to her.

Hmmmm.

"Good! Everything seems in hand here," she told Amelia. "Perhaps you'll be able to demonstrate that curse for me another time."

"I'm Professor Bittel. My office is near the duelling arena on the Sixth Floor; your wand will be ready for you there when you're done," she told Xemnas. "And the next time you want to try duelling, it will be in the duelling chamber, under my instruction."

With all of that finally over, she strode back down toward the staircases. She had a lot of other things to attend to, tonight.

Caelani Bittel
Caelani Bittel
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Walter "Xem" Charcovix Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:13 am

"Wow after all that time I finally got her name"Xemnas thought and made a small chuckle.He then looked at the prefect again,still with those big ol' hawk eyes.It was like she was staring down into his soul.He decided to speak to the prefect "what is your name"Xemnas asked being a lot more confortable then the dreadful proffesor bittel.Xemnas was still wiping the gyrffindor quiddich cup,while waiting for the prefect to reply.He then started to fanitize him winning the quidditch cup for his house.
Walter
Walter "Xem" Charcovix
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Lyons Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:18 pm

((Xemnas, my apologies. I edited my post to reflect the line in question, and I think you will be more satisfied with the way it reads now.))

To Amelia’s relative agreement, Xemnas took her order without question and took it upon himself to start shining the Gryffindor Quidditch cup. Amelia had no idea why the quidditch cup had to be so glaringly large; as someone who could not fly to save her life, Amelia had never put an especially large amount of stock in those who could do it while chasing little balls around.

Crossing her arms across her chest, Amelia settled in for a long night. There were a lot of trophies here, and non-magical chores took a significant amount of time, especially for magical students unaccustomed to them. After only about a minute of cleaning, Xemnas turned to look back at Amelia, who remained impassive in her facial expression. As he turned his direction away from her again, he made an inquiry of the professor who was still standing a little ways off from Amelia and Xemnas, not having made her exit yet.

He doesn’t even know her name? Amelia wondered to herself, looking from the professor to Xemnas with a mildly bemused expression. She has him scouring trophies by hand and he hasn’t even figured out who she is yet.

The professor, to Amelia’s surprise, found it fitting to answer the boy’s question, and not in such a way that would suggest that she thought him stupid for asking. In Amelia’s opinion, anyone that did not know all of the Hogwarts staff well enough to know to whom they were speaking – or being punished by – was lacking necessary survival information, but seeing as the professor already seemed to have noticed Amelia’s lack of excitement to show off the cruciatus curse, the redhead was not overly keen to draw the attention back on herself.

Instead, she kept quiet as the professor made her introduction and final instructions, departing soon after. As Profsesor Bittel left, Amelia heard the Gryffindor boy muttering something under his breath, but she didn’t quite catch it, and instead gave him a look that suggested he get back to work. Xemnas seemed to pick up on this quickly, and went back to shining the golden trophy in front of him, but it seemed he was not all that keen on doing it quietly.

“It’s Amelia Lyons,” the Ravenclaw girl answered brusquely, not understanding why Xemnas might even care to ask. For all intents and purposes, she was merely a place holder here to make sure he did as he was told; she wasn’t here to make friends with him. If she had her druthers, he would clean quickly and quietly, but Amelia had a feeling that, judging by the way things had gone thus far, the quiet part would definitely not be Xemnas’s strong point.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top