You can call me Mari
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

You can call me Mari Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

You can call me Mari

View previous topic View next topic Go down

You can call me Mari Empty You can call me Mari

Post by Mariana Diggory Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:36 pm

It was already passed the sunset as Mariana after a hard day on work decided to make a little stop in the cafe nearby which was open 24/7. Typical november wind was blowing outside as usual for the past few days so she sat at the bar and ordered some tea and drink to warm up. It was a muggle cafe so it felt a little awkward being here among all these muggles. Mariana didn't remember the last time when she took an evening to hang around muggles.

"Thanks." she said to the waiter as he brought her the whiskey she asked for a moment before. Fearful waiter just looked at her blankly and walked away leaving Mari in her thoughts. Fortunatly she was wearing her muggle clothes or it would be rather echentric to walk into a cafe with the witch hat instead of black pants, white shirt and black belt across her waste that she was wearing, She took a sip of her whiskey and looked around to see what intresting was happening today.

[[OOC: Sorry for the lame title i couldn't think of something brightter Smile]]
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

You can call me Mari Empty Re: You can call me Mari

Post by Emmett Fisher Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:53 pm

Emmett had been sitting on the curb all day, his signs and guitar as his only company, save for the pigeons and stray cats, and the occasional passerby who would toss some money into his case. The muggles that passed thought he was crazy for having signs out that looked like anti-war signs. There were no major wars to worry about.

But he saw the odd pedestrian double take his signs that read PURITY TAINTS and REVENGE IS NO EXCUSE and their eyes would narrow on him, telling him that they knew exactly what he was referring to. This usually caused them to put their nose in the air and stalk off. Wizards did not like being told that they were wrong, that was for sure.

Finally, the sun began to set and his stomach began to growl. He would be continuing on to the night, he was sure, but first he needed to relieve his stomach of the clenching pains hunger brought. He waited until the street was empty and he banished the signs and stowed away his guitar, collecting the money into his hands. He counted it up. Enough for something baked and a drink.

He stepped into a nearby cafe and walked towards the bar, his guitar strung over his back, causing him to awkwardly maneuver to ensure he hit no one on his trek to the bar. He sat down and set down his guitar, resting it against his foot. "Coffee. And a muffin, please?" The waiter nodded and bustled off to prepare his coffee. He sighed and closed his eyes... How long had it been since he had slept...?
Emmett Fisher
Emmett Fisher

Number of posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:38 pm

As she sat and watched her own buisness some rather strange individual carrying a big heavy guitar walked into the pub growling like it was apocalypse outside. He would stay unnoticed like everyone else watching their buisness, but as the heavy guitar slightly scrtached her right hand, Mariana snapped a little to see what was up. At first she thought it was a cat since they sometimes hanged out in pubs like this though when she closely looked at the person who sat next to her it was obvious he was just a musician.

Since it was rude to stare, but Mari couldn't help telling something she took her almost full glass of whiskey and made a slight turn towards the newcomer. "Bad day huh? Or you always look like it;s end of the world?" she asked as she turned her face towards her glass and drank another sip of the whiskey. Finally the waiter brought her tea so she took it and mixed it up boredly.

Hoping she didn't offend her newcomer figurativly speaking she turned her head towards him once she took a sip of her whiskey. It was her rule in almost all ocassions to look at someone when she would ask him something first though she easly turned her eyes elsewhere when the response wasn't comftable to proclaim.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmett Fisher Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:46 am

Emmett slowly raised his head as the waiter brought him the muffin on a small little plate and a mug of steaming, dark coffee. His eyes fluttered with exhaustion and he nodded his head slowly, as though his weariness made his head weigh more than usual. He wrapped one of his hands around the mug and pulled it closer to him before raising it to is lips.

Another distraction interrupted him and he lowered the mug from his lips to set it on the counter before him, turning his head to look to see who had addressed him. A girl who looked a bit older than him was sitting there, the question still lingering between them unanswered.

Her phrasing amused him. She may have thought she was being witty, but she was closer to the mark than she probably would ever think. That had been the reason he had been out all day, had it not, telling whoever would listen that if the destruction continued soon there would not be anything left to even fight for. He flickered a grimace before saying in a slow voice, "A little bit of both, I suppose."
Emmett Fisher
Emmett Fisher

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:36 am

Mariana finally managed to catch the boy's personalitty a bit more detailed for a second though she decided not to observe him yet. Some people were not particulary in the mood to be stared at. Boy looked just a year or two younger then her so she supposed he was a student as she never met anyone that wasn't a hogwarts student at age of 16 or 17.

Stranger's answer didn't tell her much so she concluded, it was probably better for her to break the ice before she would ask anything else. "You seem a little on the edge stranger. Cheer up life is short." she commented hoping that would at least make clear she liked to talk.

"Student huh? It's rare occasions that you can see a student in pubs like this." she asked slowly as the waiter put her coffee in front of her. As she thanked him, he walked away again. Mari took a slight sip as she decided to wait for stranger's reaction since if she was disturbing him, she would prefer to know now because better later then never.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmett Fisher Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:51 am

Emmett shrugged, having no clue what to say to her statement about life being short. Sure, it was, but what did that mean. It just made him more worried. He had so little time to make a difference. After he died there would be a whole new crop of ignoramuses set upon the poor, innocent world and his tiny little lifetime will have achieved nothing.

She asked if her was a student and Emmett shook his head, saying, "Actually, I'm not a student anymore. I'm almost seventeen, but I dropped out last year." He grimaced, not afraid to tell why, but not just going to give the information for anything.
Emmett Fisher
Emmett Fisher

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:43 am

Mariana did not expect this answer in a thousand years. After all drop-outs were rare nowdays. "I don't know what to say. I never met any drop-out, i don't think i actually saw one ever," she replied not knowing how to start conversation anymore. The stranger seemed willing to answer questions, but never to ask something.

"I hope you;re not miserable because you;re not in school anymore? After no one is too big fan of it here or ..." she stopped as she pinpointed to herself not to say Hogwarts since this guy might be a muggle se couldn't say. "elsewhere." ahe said after a short pause taking a sip of her tea so she can pretend to cough before she finished her sentence.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top