A meeting with a friend ((Mari))
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A meeting with a friend ((Mari)) Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A meeting with a friend ((Mari))

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A meeting with a friend ((Mari)) Empty A meeting with a friend ((Mari))

Post by Jess Potter Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:30 am

Jess sat at the Three Broomsticks, Hogsmeade, thinking. He'd not seen Mari in.. well, ages, it was annoying really, but things had just got in the way. It was funny, meeting here, the site of their first date, and now they were meeting again, sort of bittersweet, really, but he was willing to try it all again, slowly though, she'd not been herself recently, what he could remember anyway.

He took another sip of his firewhiskey, sighing as he waited for her to arrive
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

A meeting with a friend ((Mari)) Empty Re: A meeting with a friend ((Mari))

Post by Mariana Diggory Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:11 am

Mariana was on her job at the St.Mungo's just before she would take off for her meeting with Jess. Alot of positive and negative thoughts traveled through her mind in the speed of light. In the time of five minutes she took off her red uniform & put jeans and the t-shirt on not really caring much about how she looks like since this wasn't an actual date. Finally, she apparated at the entrance of Hogsmeade and entered the three broomstick's very slowly like she wanted to turn around and leave. "Hi, I didn't think you would actually show up.." she finally spoke up after ordering a fire whiskey not having nothing else to say untill she would notice Jess payed attention.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:23 am

Jess heard a familiar voice behind him, disturbing the inner murky depths of his mind. He turned and smiled, seeing Mariana standing behind him. "Please," he said, standing and pulling a stool out for her, "have a seat," he said, ((Excuse the god mode)) watching as she sat down, before joining her. "What do you mean, i wouldn'tve invited you to join me if i'd not wanted you to come," he said, chuckling and shaking his head. "No, of course i was going to come, i've been thinking alot," he said, calling the bartender over and ordering a butterbeer, firewhiskey was a little too strong for him, "why do i drink it?" he muttered, taking a deep draught of the butterbeer and grinning, a butterbeer moustache clinging to his lips
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:24 am

As Mariana sat down on the stool ((that's okay i don't mind)) first thing she conciously did was take a strong sip of her firewhiskey before she would be able to say something reasonable. "You can always change your mind, but the thing that you are here is some kind of a good sign." she said slowly like her life depended on each word she would pronounce today. "Me too. I've been thinking about calling you, but i guess i just gave up.." she said with a sigh after taking another sip of firewhiskey. "It calms the nerves this firewhiskey doesn't it? If we were at Mexico i would offer you a tequilla instead." she asked trying really hard to think what to say. It was weird not knowing what about to talk with Jess. They always had a topic before.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:51 am

Jess shrugged, "I suppose i could, but you know me, i always follow through with my word," he said with a slight chuckle, in all honesty sometimes it wasn't the best method of dealing with people, and things, but it got stuff done, which was important.

"I agree with you, it is a good sign," he said, raising his mug, "To good signs," he said loudly, before taking another drink, gosh that stuff made him happy, it was quite funny, really. "That's a shame," he told her, turning to a much more serious note, "i've been considering the same, but i just didn't know what i'd say, what'd happen..." he said slowly, looking into his glass, avoiding eye contact, he was a little ashamed of himself.

"It does, but it's a bit bitter for my liking," he said with a grin, his usual lighter than air self returning to the forefront. "I remember our holiday, you know, most of my memory's come back, and i do remember the tequilla, my god, how we had a few nights on the tequilla," he said with a laugh, those were good times.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:57 pm

Mariana looked at him thinking about how would her real oldself react to this one. "I remember that before neither of us cared about rules. I guess we are growing up right?" she asked smiling not really sure if a smile was on place at the moment.

Her eyes passed from Jess to his rissen mug with butterbeer. "To good signs.." she repeated not sure what else to add. Her toasting to good signs was a pretty unusual happening. "That makes two of us. I mean it would be like meeting again though we met and everything mostly by crazy coincidences." she replied quietly wondering does that make Jess feel better.

"I didn't like it before either. But then i started using it on every party i went to hoping i would get drunk. " Mari said not being rather specific about when then was. "Memories? Like what for example?" she snapped on the mention of them. Memories coming back would make this alot easier.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:48 am

Jess chuckled, she had that right. "Yeah, i suppose it had to happen, despite what i'd always hoped," he said sighing and taking another draught of his butterbeer as he listened to her talk. "Rules? There were rules back then?" he asked in mock horror, before laughing again.

He nodded, hearing what she had to say next. "You hit the nail on the head there, that's exactly what i feared, i just don't want it to be too weird between us, you know, i just want to take, whatever happens, slow, you know what i mean? I don't want to hurt you, or me, but most importantly you," he told her, smiling a little.

"And i don't know, just little memories, a holiday to Mexico, a trip to Australia, Hogwarts, that sort of thing," he told her with a smile
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:27 am

Mariana raised an eyebrow with a large grin that even made her put her cup of firewhikey down. "Yeah i miss the old days. You and me sitting at the same desk, talking, laughing. How long has it been since our last laugh?" she said with a sigh though she felt better then she felt for months.

She gulped for a moment trying to find the right words. "What nail?" she asked snapping a bit really wishing they would come to her own memory holes later on. "I understand you, really i do, but don't ask me for anymore space. I miss my boyfriend, but even more i miss my friend. We need a chance, we deserve a chance after everything, i think. I feel like i am going to loose you to someone like Remy." she said with a soft tone trying to sound as normal as possible after slipping good part of what she had guarded for herself at one single shot.

Now, she didn't know what to say whether to go back to the conversation she started or wait for reply. "Why don't we go for a walk? It's a little crowdy here..." she finally asked trying to sound as quiet as possible. After all everything she just shot at Jess was not easy to handle.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:18 am

Jess nodded, a grin on his face. "You're right, they were fun, i remember the old Gang, whatever happened to Addy? And Dae?" He asked, head cocking to one side, and frowning. "It was all such fun back then, or so i remember." He said, sighing after, it was a bit of a glum topic, after all.

He laughed as she snapped at him, shaking his head. "It's a saying Mari, it means you're right on the mark, you got it right, didn't miss it, that sort of thing," he told her, listening to what else she was saying. "I don't remember much about... us," he told her, a timid look on his face. "It's ironic that it's one of the only holes that remains completely, i remember us being friends, but nothing beyond that," he said with a sad shrug.

"Don't worry though, i want to stay friends, see where it goes from there," he said with a hopefully sheepish grin.

He then nodded and downed the last of his butterbeer, before rising in his chair and walking out with Mari, holding the door open for her. "After you," he said, smiling kindly and letting her go out, following her through to the quiet night outside, the onset of winter was approaching, but it was still quite pleasant out
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:21 pm

Mariana nodded with a sigh "Addy moved to India i think with her family and my cousin .... well i prefer not to talk about it." she replied trying to erase her cousin Dae betraying everything from her mind. After that, he dissappeared without a trace. "Well school passed life goes on right?" she said smiling prefering to be back there right now.

"Oh right... Yeah i am partly mexican so i still don't know all sayings.." she replied with a grin on her face not really remembering when did she have this kind of talk last time. Jess's memories were not too comforting. "Well somebody needs to make you remember. And who better then me in person. I hope you still remember i am a rather ..." she stopped searching for the right expression. "stubborn person. And i won't give up ever.." she finished not really thinking Jess needed a reminder that she was stubborn since, her stubborn moments were visible at meetings too.

Mari walked out catching Jess around his wrist to hold his hand like she feared he would escape. [[P.S.It's summer in Britain]] It was already evening. How long did they sit there? "I think you have a wrong picture of me... I am not a neurotic angry person you saw for the past few months. All this arguing and contradicting you is just my way to let all my frustration out. I'm sorry you had to see that." she said as her mind cleared a bit after she breathed in a little fresh air.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top