"And videogames don't work....?" - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

"And videogames don't work....?" - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

"And videogames don't work....?"

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"And videogames don't work....?" - Page 2 Empty Re: "And videogames don't work....?"

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:28 pm

Matt nodded at her request, "All right then..." he began. "I won't make you do anything you want to do. Just, if videogames aren't working. Try writing things into a journal." he told her winking at her. And he reverted back into Friendly Matt mode. What? That made no sense whatsoever...oh God I'm turning into a certain someone I know. Not you Jack but a friend of mine from school. "Well if a straight jacket can't handle you then we may have to try and beat Ocarina of Time." he told her smirking. "You can get lost in that like nobodies business. If you're anything like I am you want to go until you get it..or you get your hands on a better game!" he said.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

"And videogames don't work....?" - Page 2 Empty Re: "And videogames don't work....?"

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:52 pm

Jack bit her lip, glad that Matt was dropping the subject. But now, she be left wondering if writing everything down actually would help. She knew she needed to get it all out in the open somewhere, but she could not tell anyone, either. She had made too many promises to keep too many things a secret to be able to tell the full story so that it made sense. She could always tell Vito, though seeing as it was all about him there was no point. And no way would she let him one-up her by having that against her.

She nodded thoughtfully, knowing this was going to bug her until she broke down and actually wrote in a journal or something. How that would help, she didn't know... Matt brought the conversation back to video games... Finally, something she could comprehend. "Oh you don't even know. I'll stay up for three days to finish a game, and if I can't, I throw something." She laughed.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:22 pm

"I know what you mean, I nearly broke my window. Well...I was playing catch with someone but it's kind of the same...not really." he said laughing. He was reverting to funny Matt, the one few people knew. It was like he was never more than one emotion. It was weird...he was either sad, or happy, never both...Ever! But anyway back onto topic. "I remember I just couldn't beet the Sand land in Mario 64! I would always get sucked into thise sand holes. It got so annoying I eventually ended up getting my daughter to do it for me. Well she managed it...and wouldn't stop playing. So I got my wife to make her share...and she wouldn't share. Yeah, they couldn't stop. So I ended up cooking and changing the twins diapers." he told her laughing loudly.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:22 pm

"Yeah, that's not really the same at all," Jack responded, letting out another laugh, which was not exactly forced, but was much stronger than usual. She wanted to stay off other subjects and stay on ones that kept her laughing, rather than wanting to punch a wall or jump out a window. Luckily, Matt was usually entertaining and spazzy enough to ensure this.

She laughed appreciatively at his comment, understanding his pain. "Trust me, I know. I hate that I'd be having a problem and my brother would walk in and beat the level for me, having never played the game before. Usually, he was useless as video games and I would kick his butt, but sometimes he just got lucky." She chuckled again.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:32 am

"Hmmm, you talk a good game...but can you live up to that talk?" he asked her grinning and giving her an "Intimidating" stare. It was more or less a funny look that said, 'bring it on...but for fun.' He rolled his chair over to a closet beside his armoire and pulled out a Nintendo 64. "I'm not supposed to have this at work. My wife'll take it away if she found out." he said smiling and holding back laughter. He rolled his chair back over to them and placed it on his desk. "Now, we just need a television..." he said smirking. He pointed is wand at the wall above her. A television magically started to grow out of the wall. "Had Robert get that special for me." he told her.

He turned the on switch on the Nintendo 64 and the start screen for Mario Kart 64 appeared. "Cordless and all." he told her. He then realized he didn't have controllers...of course. "Alas, controllers are....hiding." he said trying to make it not sound like he had forgotten them. But he hadn't, he checked his desk drawer and found three. They only needed two. He plugged them both into the system and handed one to Jack. He had never heard an agreemant to playing but knew she would want to play.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:55 am

Jack felt a grin fall on her face as he took out the Nintendo 64 and she gave him a mock accusing look and she said in a teasing voice, "Ooh, sneaky, sneaky." She chuckled and turned to watch him summon the television out of the wall. In a voice full of mock awe, she said, "Oooooooh, Aaaaaah!" She began to laugh and then search for the controllers.

It seemed he did not know where he had left the controllers and she watched him search for them with a smirk. He found them and she said, "Huzzah! The battle commences!" She scooped up her controller and slid off the couch, plopping down onto the ground to get a better view of the television, getting her video game mode. With a smirk, she said, "You are so going down. Mario Kart is my game. And I will beat you... using Yoshi!"
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top