"And videogames don't work....?"
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

"And videogames don't work....?" Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

"And videogames don't work....?"

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"And videogames don't work....?" Empty "And videogames don't work....?"

Post by Matthew Lestrange Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:17 am

Matt entered his new office. You wouldn't believe how often he did that really. It was blank for now; he wanted to keep this job though. This was something he would really love. Or rather he thought he would love. However the pay was good, the other emplyment was good. Plus he got to wear suits again. If he was lucky he'd get a lab coat. But he wasn't going to push it...for now anyway. He looked at the mahogany desk in the center of the room. And he gasped, he had a spinny chair. He had a window too! It was enchaned but it was a window made to look outside of New York city in the winter. Just like he had asked Khaat.

He smiled, he had therapists couch and everything. He just needed to make a few homey touches. He pulled out his wand and coloured it differently. It was a darker shade of blue now. He moved over to the desk, it was a big chair but it was wheely. He made two comfy chairs appear in the front of the desk. Although one had a piece of it ripped off. He wasn't perfect at making things appear. He was ready for whoever he was to help today!

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

"And videogames don't work....?" Empty Re: "And videogames don't work....?"

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:37 am

Jack had stopped by St. Mungo's to visit her cousin Elliot, who had come down with some sort of mysterious flu. She visited him but was sent out after awhile because she was "too obnoxious." Sorry she had decided a game of Exploding Snap would have cheered him up... He certainly had laughed when her eyebrows were nearly singed off.

Wiping the ashes from her face, she strolled down a corridor, whistling Bach's Toccata and Fugue to piss off the Healers and the patients. She smiled at each of them as though nothing were wrong, even though continued whistling the ominous theme, a smile on her face. She ran a hand through her hair and pushed her hands into her pockets.

She had passed the door before she really realized what it had said. She stopped and backed up. Matthew G. Lestrange. St. Mungo's Counselor or whatever the plaque outside his office says, if there's even a plaque at all. She stared at it for a moment and the soundtrack in her head switched to Mozart's Carmina Burana. She smirked and pushed her way in.

He was sitting in one of those spinny chairs she had never been allowed to have because they were fun. She was legitimately surprised he was not spinning around in it. She smirked and immediately headed towards the couch, turning and falling onto it and throwing her hand to her forehead dramatically. "I'm so depressed! My studies aren't perfect, I eat so much, and my goldfish keeps giving me strange looks!"
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:26 am

Matt had just been about to spin around in his chair when Jack waltz right in and on his couch. She was being her usual sarcastic self. He grinned and placed his chin on his fist, his elbows on his desk. "Oh really?" he asked her playing as well. "And how exactly does that make you feel? Depressed? Happy? Nervous? Tell Dr. Lestrange!" he said straightening his face into a blank stare at her. "It's like I can peer into your soul...I know what's troubling you." he was joking of course. But as far as he knew Jack seemed to be a perfectly fine young lady. He was over twenty five now, he could call someone her age a young lady. He even would call Sophia a young lady sometimes. He waved his wand and turned on a stereo that was beside the couch.

He rolled over to the couch and looked at her. "How is Jack this fine day?" he asked her. His elbows on his knees, his chin on his closed fists. It was a position someone would use if they were intrigued by something. Of course he was wondering why she was here but he wasn't complaining. "You aren't here because you're insane are you? Caus when I reported you I never thought they'd actually bring you to me." he said jokingly of course. But hey, Jack would've done it to him first. "Only joking!" he said quickly before leaning back in the chair.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:40 am

Jack shook her head, sighing at his question before saying, "I'm feeling.. all of that. And I keep having the urges to... to eat squirrels... Maybe, because I was mauled by one when I was young, I don't know..." At his next words she sat up to face him, putting her fingers to her temples. "So... what am I thinking then, huh?" She grinned at him, done with the joke by now.

At his question, she shrugged, yawning loudly. "I dunno. Bored mainly, I guess." She grinned. "Nothing much to do on a boring day in my boring life in this boring world." She chuckled. "But I'm not one for the dramatics. I was actually visiting my cousin today, but he's a wimp, it's nothing, so now I'm stuck with a day full of nothing." At his words, she opened her mouth in surprise and drew her leg back to kick him in response, but he quickly said he was kidding. She gave him a joking, warning look. "You just saved yourself, sir." She laughed. "And of course I'm insane, but I can deal with it." She laughed again.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:08 am

Matt grinned when she put her leg down. "Oh did I. It's pretty much impossible to kill a Vampire you know." he told her. "Ah Bored? Well boredome is a choice not a state of mind. I'm pretty much useless to you because of that." he told her. He didn't know where he was going but he was going somewhere. "However, I can offer some alternatives to being bored if you like." he told her. He placed his hands together and made a mock look of concentration. He needed to give her alternatives if she wanted them. Of course that is if she wanted them.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:16 am

Jack gave him a serious look, raising an eyebrow. "Oh, but I would find a way. If anyone could, then I would be the one to do it." She gave him a look that said I'm not kidding though she smirked.He said that boredom was a choice and she sneered at him. "Now don't go all camp counselor on me, now. I was merely expressing my frustration at my poor choices." She chuckled.

He said that he had some alternatives and she cocked her head, interested. "Really?" Anything to relieve the intense boredom she was feeling would be perfectly fine to her. "Like what? Don't tell me you have a 64 stashed away in here somewhere." She looked around eagerly as though she would find a sign pointing it out to her. But nothing was ever that convenient.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:45 am

"No sadly the 64 is stashed away at home under my bed." he said giggling slightly. However she had said something he could work with. "Frustration? Now there is something I can help with!" he said straightening up in his chair. "Now, if you feel comfortable answering. What kinds of choices do you believe you've mad that seem wrong or bad?" he asked. He waved his wand and turned off the the stereo and shut the door. He never suspected Jack to have made some bad choices. They all did but hers seemed to be bugging her. "How badly do these choices make you feel? Or rather how badly do they affect your life?"

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:55 am

Jack laughed at his words but suddenly he was asking her about her frustration. Her smile flickered into a frown and he asked her about her choices. Smiling weakly, she said, "I'm fine. I was talking about my choice to be bored." She chuckled weakly, looking around the room, fishing for a different topic, any topic. She did not want to discuss this.

She had had the crappiest summer of her life and she had no intention of reliving it. She hated to admit she had any mistakes, let alone talk about the mistakes she had made. She did not want to prove to everyone that she was messed up. She liked that only one part of her life was screwed over by her insane circumstances. She didn't need it infecting the rest of her life. "Seriously. I'm as normal as anyone as obnoxious as I am can be." It wasn't even convincing to her...
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:50 pm

Matt could tell that the tone in Jack's voice wasn't a good one. "Alright Jack, what's going on?" he asked her. It was more friend to friend that Doctor to Patient. This was a different call, she didn't have an appointment so he could act as her friend. He knew that the look on Jack's face was not a very good one. He barely knew her but still considered her a friend. "You don't have to tell me, but I can try and help." he told her. He was now learning forwards in his chair next to the couch Jack was on. He looked around, it wasn't a very bright place. He'd have to add some rug and a decent colour for the ceiling. The walls were alright, they were a brown. There really wasn't much he could say for now. It wasn't professional though and he didn't want to act professional. "Are you going to give me trouble? Do I have to get the straight jacket?" he said trying to joke.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:18 pm

Matt was trying to delve into a part of her life that Jack could barely bring herself to reveal to her "closest" friends, let alone to her newest friends. The fact was, half of the stiff she had gone through had her question her own sanity. She had been mortified to think what her oldest friends would think of her. How would one of her newer friends, who was also a counselor, react to the news of her summer.

"Nothing's going on..." she began, though that was a rather obvious lie. "Well nothing right now anyway. Seriously, there is no need to go a-and rehash this." She was stuttering. Crap. This meant she was getting flustered. She stopped herself and regathered her thoughts. "I don't want..." To talk about this... She did not want to say it. She was trying to be less rude to people, but it was hard.

He made a joke and she quickly went off with that. Humor could fix any situation, she had always believed in that and it showed when she cracked jokes in situations she did not like, or pulled dangerous stunts and pranks. When in doubt, blow something up. "You have to watch out for us loner types. Even a straight jacket can't restrain us." She smirked and then laughed.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top