Study, heave ho! - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Study, heave ho!  - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Study, heave ho!

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Study, heave ho!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Study, heave ho!

Post by Chastity Moor Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:37 pm

Chase felt a laugh escape her lips. "Been through a lot? That's not even the half of it!" She said choking on her laugh and letting herself fall back into her chair, her arms curled protectively around her middle. Shes stared at the book in front of her and sighed. "I wouldn't want it to get hurt.. because.. even though it's not wanted..." She said looking down at her stomach for a moment. "I'm keeping it... I mean, I could never hurt a baby.. I could never extinguish a life just because I made a mistake." Chase looked up at him. "It would be all wrong.. I could never do that.."

Chase looked at him carefully and sighed leaning forward again. "But I'm lucky.." She said suddenly, her eyes on him. "Elijah is staying with me.. we are going to get through this together... and he has a whole support team on his side!" She said with a small giggle. "Jen... well Professor Dent, the NEWT Herbology teacher is helping me get robes that will cover up the baby bump.. and is helping me know what my next step is.." She said her eyes shining. "Khaat Lupin, at St. Mungos is getting me the information I need, and the diet plans, and exercise plans, and potions and stuff.. and she's also contacting the school about not putting the baby into danger." She said carefully. "Like Potions class... and Transfiguration.." She smiled slightly and looked at him.

"I haven't met his other family yet, but I don't have any on my side..." she said and then swallowed, mentally seeing a rush of water hitting her. She winced and looked away from Adam for a long moment. "I have a very messed up past... and I'm happy I have so much help in this.. even if I did lose all of my friends because of this, I've made so many more." She smiled slightly, thinking of her clothes conversation with Jen. "My friends abandoned me after my ex boyfriend broke up with me.. and me and Elijah.. we aren't even really dating I don't think.." She shook her head.

"It's all very complicated, and messed up, and for a while, before I told Elijah.. when he was thinking everything over, about the baby... I thought I would have to do this alone.. I thought I would have to work it all out by myself. Because I gave him the option of walking away.." Chase said and found herself staring at a point over his shoulder. "I told him, you can pretend this never happened, and you won't hear from me again, but I need to know now, so that I can start to prepare my mind for this... but he simply fell to his knees.. and asked what color we should paint the babies room." Chase choked and pulled out a handkerchief from her bag, dabbing at her eyes.

She looked at Adam and then laughed slightly. "I'm sorry, you don't need to hear all of my troubles!" She said with a small laugh. "It's just.. there is so much up there right now, the only way I can think of to get it out is to tell it.. and there never is anyone around... I'm sorry, I'm just rambling now." She said dabbing at her eyes, and she turned to look at her book again. Feeling oddly lighter after talking that all out. She didn't know how much she needed it, until she talked it out with a complete stranger.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:46 pm

Adam chuckled, though it was more like taking a breath. He had never known anyone like Chase, but nothing had changed. Maybe, he liked her more now. He wanted to help more, but now he KNEW his chances were shot down. But he wasn't going to give up, not in the slightest! If this girl could cause him to hyperventilate and make him HAVE to use the anti sweat charm. Which he was currently using. However he may need to give it some time. Even if he didn't get her to go to the Yule Ball with him. He'd take someone else, although he didn't know who. He'd have to go scoping for some more eligable girls around. Maybe he'd ask Selene...nah. Chase was much more radiant really..well to him. "Zat....ees a good choice." he said quietly. "My seester wasn't planned. But I'm glad they did bring 'er to life. She was my best friend until..nevermind." he said. Once again the voice was shouting in his head.

He was crushed, so that boy she was with was her boyfriend. He felt as though there was fifteen elephants on his chest. Again, a feeling he had never experienced. He really didn't like this feeling. But from what he was hearing, this Elijah was a good boy. He sighed and nodded, " 'e sounds wonderful..." he hid the disapointment in his voice. He also sounded pretty funny. Adam could be funny as well, just not all the time. " 'e also sound very funny." he smiled a little bit. She was retracting now, but it was her decision. The smile faded and he began to look at some books above the table. So this was the animagus section? He had never really wanted to become an animagus. And he certainly couldn't ask Chase were the section for men was. She'd know something was up, he wanted to escape right now really.

"No, eet's fine really. I like 'elping, and ze first step to 'elping ees listening." he told her, the smile returning. He could feel his face getting red, his confidence was running out. They didn't have much to talk about now. "Eet's good to let eet out really. Whenever I'm upset, I rant to my friend Peter. Zat or I end up breaking a door..." he said letting out a nervous chuckle. "Ah, one question..." he said. "Where are the books about ze human kind?" he asked her. He wasn't sure how to word it, he only knew the word in french so he went with kind.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:19 pm

Chase bit her lip, and then smiled at Adam. He really was helping her, she could feel an odd lightening sensation in her chest, and she relaxed a bit in her chair. "You know... I feel like I should help you with something.." She said biting her lip and looking at him with concern. She bit her lip and looked him over. "You know... I was taught, while growing up, that hugs cured everything..." She said and then grinned and moved forward, hugging him lightly.

"Thanks Adam, even though I barely know you." She said with a soft giggle and she moved back, smiling at him. "Haha, I guess I'll always go back to how I usually am.. even with a baby on the way.." She sighed and ran her hand over her stomach. "You can't even tell!" She said with a smile. "But.. it will stop me from studying to become a animagus." she said looking at the book she had been pretending to read. "I was studying.. but I wouldn't want something to go wrong.." She said slowly, shaking her head she looked up at him and smiled.

"Er.. the human kind section? Well... there is a parenting section... and near that is the books for guys and girls.." She said slowly. "They have some really good books for guys and girls and stuff, besides that.. I don't know if there is any history books on Human Kind.." she said shaking her head. "I could show you though." She said smiling at him and looking back at her book.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:57 pm

Adam was surprised when she hugged him, he had not really been paying attention. He was too busy thinking of ways to help. He didn't notice the simpleist way to help though, a hug. He was hyperventilating inside again, but he hugged her back. He was so freakin' happy that the anti sweat spell lasted for a good day. He didn't want to let go but he had to. Nothing lasted forever which was a pain in the ass. Though he certainly has been. What with all his accidents throughout the years. He came back into reality as he so often did these days.

"Well, why don't you get to know me better?" he asked her. "I mean, why not talk about a better subject?" he asked. But she was already answering his question. He was listening intently. He nodded, so he knew the general area. Peter knew his english writing better than he did so he'd ask him. "Uh, no I won't trouble you. I'll just ask Peter to show me later." he told her smiling. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHASE!!!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:34 am

Chase smiled at him lightly. "I would like to get to know you better Adam!" She said smiling at him. "That sounds like a great idea, maybe we could hang out sometime okay?" She said smiling at him. "maybe you could drop in in one of my classes or something." She said smiling at him. "They really aren't THAT hard.. I just.. well it's been pretty difficult if you know what I mean." She said patting her stomach and then laughing lightly, finally feeling the tension in her shoulders releasing. It felt good to talk to someone even if you barely knew them, and they knew nothing about you.

Chase let the smile slip off her face and her eyes found her book silently. It would be a long hard journey, and the entire time, she would be watched by people she had never met before, people who didn't even speak English as their first language, would be watching her body change, watching as it moved around to accomadate another person beneath her skin. She shuddered and then turned to look at Adam again. "Sorry... I start thinking about stuff and tend to get off track!" She said with a small smile, before looking away from him again. "It's a lot to take in.. specially because I found out only recently.." She bit her lip and shook her head sadly, trying not to feel to sad, and failing.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:50 am

Adam gave her an encouraging smile. She was falling right now. She was losing herself in her sadness. The thing is, with every sad memory there is a happy memory to counteract it. That was what his grandpa always told him. Whenever he began to feel sad he started to remember a joke his father had said. He never tried to remember his grandfather. He had passed and it was too sad for him. Damn emotions, always having to be a B**** about things. He smiled at her again, trying hard to revive her happiness again. It would be hard, she would be his greatest challenge ever. For one, he was in love...well she made him feel weird. Second, she needed some cheering up. Which just so happened to be his specialty.

"Well, I'd like to 'ang out wiz you. I'd like zat quite a beet." he said smiling. "Maybe you could introduce me to Elijah? I'd like to face 'im een a Queeditch Match." he said grinning. He smiled, "I would but I already took Seventh Year. Zey offered zem last year for zose going to 'Ogwarts." he told her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:56 am

Chase smiled. "Elijah? Sure you should meet him! He's really nice, and he's captain of the Slytherin team!" She said smiling. "I don't know how much he actually likes Quidditch, but he plays it at least." She smiled slightly and blushed hard, looking down at her hands, before looking up at him when he said something about completing his seventh year. "Well that doesn't stop you from dropping in! You could see how different learning HERE is then what it's like at home, like Herbology is great! Potions is really hard though..." She said shaking her head. "The headmaster teaches that class.. so it's kinda weird." She smiled and looked down at her book again, her eyes unfocused.

"I don't play Quidditch.. I think brooms hate me." She said with a very small, sad smile. "Every time I go near one, they start shaking and half take off.. they WOULD take off if the person who owns the broom isn't holding on for dear life." she looked up at Adam and smiled. "They just don't like me, but once, I was on top of the Astronomy tower, and a friend of mine came up, and he summoned his broom, and we took off from way up there! It was so scary.. I have no problems with heights.. it's the whole.. moving at a fast pace, while way above the ground that scares me I think.." She said shaking her head. "Not to mention every broom I've been near hasn't had the best cushioning charm on it.. so it kinda hurts my butt." She let out a small giggle and shook her head, her red hair cascading down her shoulders lightly.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:37 am

Adam's heart began to race when he saw her hair move beautifully the way it did. He wasn't sure whether it was intentional or not. But it made his heart race as it did. He wasn't sure about classes, he would probably spend the time flying or playing chess with Peter. But oh well...he may slip in at some point. He had no intentions though. But intentions change. Headmaster teaching potions, it didn't faze him. However it was rather weird for a Headmaster to teach a class. He did take lessons with Madame Benoit about some things but never a whole class. Then again...it was a select few who got them. He guessed it was only the pretty boys who would actually get some dates. That was based on what he had been taught. However now was not the time for him to think about that.

"Ahaha, well I got used to eet." he said laughing. "My grandad taught me. I could teach you..if you like. Brooms teated me zee same way when I first started." he told her smiling now. He looked out the window, it was getting darker out. The Library was emptying slowly, but Adam and Chase were too into their conversation to notice. At least Adam was anyway.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:48 am

Chase smiled and nodded. "I've been offered so many times, but I usually just close my eyes when I'm on a broom, I would probably crash into the Whomping Willow knowing my luck!" She said with a short laugh and she looked at him and smiled. "I just..." She shook her head. "I can't even imagine going up very high, I'd probably just drag my toes along the ground if the broom would let me on at all." She smiled and shook her head and followed his gaze to the window. "Whoa.. when did it get so dark?" She asked standing up suddenly.

"I'm sorry, I should be going! I have to go... I mean." She sighed and then started to gather up her books. "I need to take these back.. and go back down to my common room, and that's in the dungeons.. well not the creepy side, but the pretty side, with lots of huge pictures, and the kitchens, and it's all really nicely lit.. maybe you could go down there." She said looking at him. "I wonder if you guys are allowed to go into the different common rooms.." she said with a small smile and stacked her huge volumes on top of each other, lifting them up with a small oomph. "Heavy." she said with a smile. "Well, maybe we'll see each other around?" She asked looking down at him.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:19 am

Adam was caught aback when she suddenly told him she had to leave. He had barely enough time to stand up before she had packed all her books in a pile. "'Ere, let me 'elp you wiz zose," he said pulling out his wand. He assumed she wanted them put away in their spots on the shelves. He flicked his wand and muttered a spell under his breath;they all floated off to their respectful places. He smiled back at her, wondering the exact words she had just said. Of course he started wondering as soon as she said them. "Well, as far as I know we arren't allowed outside ze carriage after meednight." he told her. " 'Owever zat won't stop me from flying." he said winking and grinning. He was sure she knew her way around and he wanted to talk with Peter. So he would let her walk down herself. He needed time to think about this. He had sat down with her and had a conversation for about an hour without freaking out.

"Oui, maybe we'll see eachozer around." he said rubbing the back of his neck. He wasn't sure where the 'Oui' came from. It was probably his frenchness acting up or something.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top