Study, heave ho!
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Study, heave ho!  Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Study, heave ho!

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Study, heave ho!  Empty Study, heave ho!

Post by Chastity Moor Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:27 am

Chase walked into the library quietly. She had never been overly fond of the place, but it was good for her. And she needed information. In fact, she needed information now. Sighing slightly, she walked towards the back of the library, a rather unused section, seeing as it was Hogwarts they were talking about. She looked up at the books in front of her and almost smiled. "How to be a parent." She whispered and pulled the book down. "101 Things you need to know about giving birth." She bit her lip and pulled the volume down too. "What could go wrong." Her eyebrows shot into her hair, and she pulled that book down as well.

Finding a table a bit farther away from the parenting section, in the animagus section. She glanced around, grabbed a few books on becoming an animagi, stuck one of the smaller parenting books in it, and started to read the parenting book silently to herself. Her eyes were wide as she stared at all of the information she hadn't known. She was in one of the most dangerous times, the time that something bad could happen to the baby, birth defects, and everything else. She went red, and continued to read.

It was amazing, how difficult it sounded to have a child, how many horrible things could happen, and she found herself looking around her startled. How many horrible things could happen, and yet so many people turned out just fine. Chase suddenly felt herself smiling. One day, her child would be here, in the library at Hogwarts, doing homework, and not worrying over the fact that they would be having a baby. Oh no, they would be working on potions, or astronomy. She grinned and went back to the book.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Study, heave ho!  Empty Re: Study, heave ho!

Post by Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:20 am

Adam wasn't used to this castle so he often found himself getting lost. The staircases moved, doors worked and some didn't. And oh boy, the Poltergiest! Don't get him started on the poltergiest. But he figured the only place he'd ever really need to know IN the castle was the Library. Well maybe the Great hall but it was hard to miss the Great Hall. He normally slept passed breakfast anyway. He didn't plan on taking any classes here, so he'd be spending most of his time reading and playing Quidditch with Peter. But he had figured out a surefire route to the Library. He planned to go everyday, today it was about his reaction to Chase.

It had happened, and he had no idea it could happen. He doubted he'd find a book in the Hogwarts library. They were everywhere in the Beaxbatons library, although he wasn't sure whether hormones were the cause. He'd give anything to be at Beauxbatons but no, he was stuck at Hogwarts. Or maybe it was just the fact she was with that Elijah person. But he shook his head and walked into the library. He then began to wonder around, looking for books about men. He was in the resource isle, or so he thought. He could speak english well, however reading wasn't his strong suite. He'd translate the book using a simple spell they taught before they got there.

He had wandered off towards the animagus isle, unknowingly. He was looking around, trying to make out some kind of word related too his subject. He wandered right into a table, "Ah, sorry." he said. "I waseen't look-" he looked down at the occupant of the table. It was Chase, he froze. But she was alone so it wasn't as bad. Again, he comes across as an idiot know doubt.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:53 am

Chase looked up when her table was rattled, and she saw that one boy who had been staring at her when she was with Elijah by the carriage. "Oh hello! It's okay, I was just reading, no harm done." She said smiling at him. "You can sit down if you want to." She said and pulled some of her books towards her, hiding the names on the covers. And making sure the only names of the books that he could read right off, were how to be an animagus one. "I'm.. studying..." She said smiling slightly at him.

"So how are you liking Hogwarts?" She asked, trying to act as pleasantly as possible. She may be sad and pretty much depressed around everyone else, but when there was someone who DIDN'T know what she was going through, she made an effort to be nice to them. "I'm sure it's a lot different then your school! We have so many confusing things here, like, the first years take so long to learn where things are, like classes, and which doors work, and at what time a day you can use each of the staircases, and the other times that you can't, because there is one staircase that leads to a different spot every Tuesday." She rambled, carefully pulling out the parenting book and placing it in her lap, shutting her animagus book as she did.

"The ghosts always scared me when I got here.. but anyway." She laughed and flicked her hair over her shoulder, sending a wave of perfume at him. "What's it like in your school? Is it a lot more different, or just a bit? Do you have house elves there? Or maids? Do you have a lake too?" she grinned at him and rested her elbow on the table, hunched a little oddly, but not with her knowledge, her body was acting of it's own protective way, and she hated it for it.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:57 am

Adam, took a seat at the chair that was next to her. He felt a little more relaxed, his confidence getting the better of him. He wasn't really sure what to do, 'just answer the questions dumbass' a voice inside his head told him. He swallowed the lump in his throught and proceeded. "'Ogwarts ees nice I suppose. I deed get lost a few times on my way here. I feegure eet ees going to be ze only place I will need to go." he told her, relaxing a bit. Adam could tell she was upset about something. Her body language was giving it away, to him it was noticable. To everyone else, maybe not so much. He wouldn't bother her though, it wasn't his place to pry. However he felt such strong feelings he wanted to help her badly.

"Ah, the ghosts 'ere are simply Fantastique!" he told her grinning. "I 'ad such a wonderful conversation with a very chubby one." He got a whiff of her perfume and almost melted right then in his seat. However he controlled himself, continuing with the conversation. "Our school ees't completely deeferent than yours. We 'ave a big castle yes. I weesh we 'ad a lake. But we 'ave gardens, and mazes. Oh, and a Quidditch peetch you wouldn't believe!"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:05 am

Chase grinned at him as he spoke. Sometimes it got a little hard to understand him, so she had to really concentrate on what he was saying, and it was almost a relief, because this way, her mind couldn't wander at all. She nodded slightly. "It can get very confusing very fast." She said giggling. She leaned in as he spoke, one hand crossed around her middle, the other she was using to prop her chin on the table with. "Wow.. mazes? That would be cool!" She said smiling. "I like Quidditch, but brooms hate me." She said with a giggle.

"Every time I go near one.. they start bucking and stuff.. I guess they just hate me.. I've only ever been on one if someone is flying it and I'm on the back." she said smiling. "So are you not going to see into any classes then?" She asked frowning slightly. "Classes are very good, I have Herbology, Care of Magical Creatures, Potions, and Transfiguration this year, I want to be a healer when I graduate." She said smiling, her arm tightening around her middle somewhat. She didn't mention that around her graduation, she'd be having a baby, but she turned back to her book and looked down at it. "Are you an animagus?" She asked suddenly.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:34 am

Adam was debating whether or not to ask if anything was wrong. "I could speak with a British accent if you like," he said. "If you're 'aving trouble understanding my french accent. Alot of people do, eet's hard having to hear someone ask. I always offer..." he told her smiling a little bit. He chuckled quietly, "Ah well some people are born to fly, ozers are not. I know my fazer and my mozer are both terrible flyers. But my seester and my grandfazzer were excellent flyers. My grandfazzer taught me how before he passed..." he told her. 'You idiot, you just brought up your dead grandfather! This is something she doesn't want to hear about. She's probably got troubles of her own. God, you are being a numskull right now!' the voice told him.

"No, I've already taken ze seventh year at Beaxbatons," he told her. "Zey gave us a choice between taking extra courses last year or taking zem zis year." he looked at the book she was reading. She didn't seem to interested in it, from what he could translate it was about Aminals or something. Perhaps a book about Care of Magical Creatures? He was unprepared for her next question. "No, I'm not an animagus. Are you?" he asked her. He couldn't help it, "Ees somezing wrong? You seem..stressed and protective...but zen again I am only a stranger to you."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:41 am

"oh no oh no! Please, talk with your normal accent!" she said almost frantically. "I love to hear how it sounds." "And it makes me concentrate so I don't have to think about other stuff right now." Her mind said and she blushed, looking away from him quickly. "It is very different then our own accent.." She said, realizing that she did have quite the strong accent. She smiled slightly and pushed the parenting book into her bag quickly, while his eyes were on the animagus book.

"Oh no, I'm studying it though, I figured out what my animagus would be.." She said smiling slightly. "I think it would be a fennec fox, they are so cute, and absolutely fitting for me." She said smiling at him, before her blood ran cold. Was it really that obvious to everyone she knew? People she talked to usually could tell she was stressed sure, but no one could see the protective side of her. First Professor Dent knew, without even asking. This guy wasn't an animagus, so he obviously couldn't tell that way. He didn't seem to be a werewolf, but you could never tell. Did they even have werewolves in France? She wondered.

She looked at him, and then back at her book. "yeah.. I'm fine... actually no I'm not, but I really don't want to bore you with my life story, I'm just going through a lot right now, with all of the foreigns coming in.. and homework.. and.. and.. some other issues." She said grinning weakly at him. "Really, it's not big deal at all! Don't worry yourself about me, you have enough to worry about with getting into the tournament! I mean.. that's why you came to Hogwarts right? You are set on getting to be a champion? I can't compete because I'm...." She froze and then smiled forcibly. "Going through some medical problems right now, so I can't compete at all." She looked at him, hoping he would take the cover.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:52 am

Adam, almost knew instantly what was going on. But he would leave it, and try to act normal. Although he was silently hyperventilating on the inside. His chances may be crushed now...maybe that boy was her, nevermind. He didn't know anything really, she had asked him why he came. "Well actually, I came to meet new people." he told her. It was partially right, he had also come to scope for some British girls. "I really don't care about ze tournament. Eet was eizer stay at school and be bored, or go to 'Ogwarts and meet new people." he said chuckling. "But eet would be cool to win the tournament..weeth all that prize money. I could buy a new broom...and finally make eet to the international league. The rest would go to my parents." he told her.

"But if you don't want to tell me zen I won't put my nose where eet shouldn't be." he said respecting her wish. Although she never said but out, he knew it wasn't his place to be after all. "But if you need to talk I'm there. But I'm sure eet was pointless to say zat, after all I'm only a stranger." he sighed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:00 am

"It must be cool... being at a school, where not only does everyone speak a different language then you, but they all have different accents, and look differently, and act differently." She bit her lip and looked at him carefully. He was either really good a reading her emotions, or there were rumors already, even though she was trying hard to act like there was nothing wrong with her, people still noticed, this complete stranger did, but that may just be a french thing.

Chase watched him carefully. He was very nice, very intelligent, and kind. She felt herself giving in. He looked so sad that she wasn't telling him everything, she felt like she should at least tell him something. "Well.." she bit her lip and looked at him. "It really isn't a great thing.. but... if you promise not to tell ANYONE, and I mean ANYONE... what I'm about to tell you.." She looked around as though looking for someone who was spying on them. Then, with a heavy sigh, she pulled a book out of a bag. "101 things that could go wrong." It was titled, and it had a baby rattle under it.

"I just broke up with my boyfriend... and my best friend had left me, so I made a new friend.. and well.. the relationship got serious... a lot faster then either of us wanted it to get..." she said carefully. "About a week ago..." She took a deep breath, and then realized that there was no way he could judge her, he didn't know her. He would be leaving at the end of the school year, she wouldn't see him again, so why not tell him something? He wouldn't remember it anyway, and he was asking for it! "Well.. a week ago, I found out.." she put her hand over her stomach and looked down, imagining herself with a baby bump that wasn't there. "I'm pregnant.. and I'm just.. I'm looking up stuff.. because I never planned for this, and me and the guy barely know each other.. and my best friend yelled at me when I told her.. just.. completely lost her head... screamed at me.. threw a mug at the wall.. she went nuts.. it's a lot to take in.. so even though I'm actually better off now then I was without the baby.." she bit her lip. "I'm still.. pregnant at seventeen." she said softly, staring at the book in front of her.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:12 am

Adam knew she was breaking, but he didn't want her to break. He wanted her to willingly admit to it. It was always better that way. But she had told him everything, and he took it all in. Inside he was calming, but still he knew it was going to be difficult to try and actually whoo her. But this was step one, but if she was willing to let all that out to a stranger she was trustworthy. He wouldn't tell a soul, so he nodded when she told him not to tell anyone. He already knew this of course, but it was still a shock to hear her say it outloud. He had dealt with people being pregnant all the time, but they took a potion. The name escaped him at the moment. Then they were safe and were no longer pregnant. But they were illegal in Britain. He came across it while he was researching Britain.

"Oh my, you have gone zrough quite alot..." he said softly. He wasn't going tp judge her, he couldn't. He looked at the book she brought out, he took it and flipped through it. They didn't have this tuff in Beauxbatons. So it was pretty much opposites her and at Beaxbatons. They had all the books in the world for guys in the Library at Beauxbatons. Yet they had nothing here and all the books for girls. But he felt sorry for her, he wanted to scoop her up and take her away. He felt strongly for her, much more than he had for anyone before. Well anyone that wasn't immediate family anyway. But even this was slightly stronger...just slightly. He gave her back her book, "I must say, eet was good of you to come 'ere and look zat up." he told her.

"I know many women 'oo 'ave been pregnant. But they have all taken potions for zat. Zey are illegal in Britain, I looked eet up." he told her. He smiled slightly at her, "Zings could be worse you know." he said. He was happy she opened up to her, it felt good that she trusted him. But now she needed someone to comfort her. "I von't ask questions, I won't judge. 'Owever, I can help you...if you'll allow me too." he told her. "I don't blame you eef you don't trust me zat much." He just bursted on the inside, and a small tear escape his eye.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum