Bistro Breakfast
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Bistro Breakfast Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Bistro Breakfast

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bistro Breakfast Empty Bistro Breakfast

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:17 am

Robert had left the house early because he had some financial reports to do for Khaat. They were using every creative means they knew to make the miniscule budget at St. Mungos stretch as far as possible. He had left Katherine sleep in this morning. She had gotten a headache from using too much of her seer's energies, and he thought a bit of extra rest would do her some good.

He decided, instead, to stop by Sparks for breakfast. Khaat's chef, Lizzie, as an amazing cook who made some incredible pastries and a superb omlet. He arrived an hour before his work day was scheduled to start. He chose his usual table that allowed him to look out over Diagon Alley and laid his things on the table. He went over and helped himself to a cup of tea. Lizzie and Khaat had given him that priviledge a long, long time ago. Lizze had brewed some of Robert's handmade raspberry tea this morning. He carried the mug back over to the table and sat down with the morning copy of the Daily Prophet, taking a glance at the haze that hung over Diagon Alley. Haze meant humidity, and in summer it meant a great deal of heat. It was going to be a hot one today.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Bistro Breakfast Empty Re: Bistro Breakfast

Post by Cassidy Walker Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:30 am

Ronata cleaned up the tables inside the cafe and placed the glasses in teh dish washer before taking several more oders , she wiped her brow and moved threw to the kitchen taking a drink of water as she stoped for smoment , she ahd not had breackfast since she ahd not been able to keep it down she put it down to returning to the cafe to work. moving back into the main area she saw robert and smiled as she continued her dutys even now she could feel the heat geting to her she was not use to it in any shape or form. Stopping for a moment she felt her head spin and she paused "So not good " she said
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Potter Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:34 am

Nick needed a job and so he thought he whould apply for this bakery/ Bistro that he saw named Sparks so he walked in and went up to the counter and rang the bell so that an employee then he looked around he liked this place and it smelt good in here also but nobdy had came to the counter yet so he said "Hello is any body back there" Nick asked in a loud tone nobody looked at him though so Nick kept looking around he liked this place he hoped he got a job here
Nick Potter
Nick Potter
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 2915

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:46 am

OOC: Not bad. good content. i'll try to pm you little hints as we go that might help you feel a bit more polished.

Robert saw the young man come in and go up to the counter and ring the bell. Khaat had not come in yet this morning. She was off her time. She was typically here by now. Robert was not concerned yet. He knew he'd have heard already if his daughter was ill. He looked and noticed Ronata, the full time server, did not appear to be feeling very well today. He laid down his Daily Prophet and rose. He walked up to the young man.

"Excuse me," he said to the young man. "Can I help you, perhaps? I'm Robert. Robert Lupin. The owner, Khaat, is my daughter. She appears to be running a bit behind today. I help run the place for her. Is there something I can help you with?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:54 am

Ronata kicked her self as she saw Robert move to greet a young man as he entered the shop as the dizzy spell wore off she moved to stand beside Robert " sorry , kinda got a litle dizzy for a moment I think its the heat" she said with a sigh as she looked at both Robert and the young man. But a she stood she felt her self become nausiose "excuse me ", she said and dove into teh back bathroom ,bringing back the water she had just had. She wished it would just pass what ever it was she had her stomach now hurt from her being sick and she felt worse but she didn't want to bother Robert or any healer.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Potter Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:57 am

OOC: Thanks

Nick was waiting for somebody to come to him and then he seen a guy that walk over to him Nick could tell the guy was in his 50's or 60's and after he was done speaking Nick said "Hi Mister Lupin My name is Nick Potter im a student at hogwarts and I need a job is it possible for me to work here" Nick asked him as he read he head line of the Prophet Robert sat down then he walked back to him and said "Do you need paper work or anything like my last Hogwarts report card" Nick asked him as the smell got better then he seen a girl walk out that looked like he was sick so he might get this job after all
Nick Potter
Nick Potter
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:14 am

OOC: Good job.

"How old are you, Nick?" Robert asked. "I know Khaat is looking for another server. Are your grades good enough that your headmaster will let you work part time when fall term begins?" He went behind the counter, opened a drawer, and drew out an application form. He handed it to Nick with a pen. "I know Khaat will want your information. If you'd complete that, please, when we finish talking. So tell me a bit about yourself. Do you have any work experience? And, one of the requirements of the servers is to be able to use a wand a bit. Sparks servers conjure sparkling animals that float around the ceiling at the request of the customers. Like this...."

Robert drew his wand and waived it and conjured a sparkling, fushia colored tiger that seemed to run around the dining room ceiling, all over the dining room, to the delight of the breakfast crowd. "They're popular mostly with children and also in the evenings when the lights are dimmed. They show up a lot better when its darker. You think you can learn to do that?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Potter Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:26 am

"Im 15 ill be 16 in september and my head master should let me my grades are good I do have some work experience I used to work at the black raven book store but I quit because I only got paid if we got customers and we never had business I never got paid so I had to quit" Nick said as he took the app and pen then he watched robert do that "Well I can because anybody can do anything with a good teacher" Nick said then he took out his wand and cast red sparks out of it "Thats all I can do now and I like kids they are a pain but they dont care they are kids and kids do that" Nick told him as he sat the app down with the pen on top of it on a table that was behind him
Nick Potter
Nick Potter
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:28 pm

Ronata straigtened up and moved out into the main room again " hello Mr Lupin " she said now with a smile as she felt much better " you usual tea" she said making a cup and saucer float across the room to sit on a tray a kettle boiled and pored into a tea pot, that too floated across to the tray . She stood as she saw Robert make a fushia colored tiger appear and dance across the cealing she took another deep breath as she felt the nausier rise but nothing happend this time which she was thankful for she didn't want to have to explain to Steven why she had come home early, though seeing the boy with a form the same one she ahd filled in she thought maybe she might have to.

Moving to a table she took their order and moved into the kitchen silently. Once the order was done she waved her wand making a small pick kitten sit on the tray as she moved it back to the table where a young girl sat her eyes lighting up on seeing the kitten dance and move in front of her.

Ronata smiled her thought turned to ones of if she had children. She quickly shook it off knowing while Steven was in the organisation he would not let it happen. But deep in the back of her mind she could not help wonder since that night on the boat in tuscany when she ahd too much to drink.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:00 pm

"Thank you, Ronata," Robert said. He turned back to Nick. "That's Ronata Volkmann, one of our full time servers. You could well be working with her. It looks like you have a start on being able to conjure our spark animals. It's not a difficult spell, but it does take some practice. I presume that would not bother you to practice a new spell? Oh, and are you interested in perhaps some increased hours across the summer until school starts? I am sure that since Sparks is open some very long hours that Khaat would appreciate the help. She might want you to work some varied shifts until you learn the different duties between breakfast, lunch and dinner shifts and also the bakery duties. The bakery is new to us, but it already gets a lot of attention.

"You will have to learn the different items on the menu, and I should tell you that because Khaat refuses to let any food be conjured and insists that it all be prepared by hand with the freshest seasonal ingredients that she can find, you will find that nearly the entire menu changes as the seasons change and the produce that she can find available changes. That means you need to be familiar with the dishes, what they are made of, and be ready to make recommendations to customers in case they ask for your thoughts. You seem like you can do that--unless you have an objection.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top