"It is Finished!"`
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

"It is Finished!"` Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

"It is Finished!"`

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"It is Finished!"` Empty "It is Finished!"`

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 31, 2010 4:46 pm

Khaat's visit at Azkaban had been a disaster. She was feeling sick from the potion her father had slipped her, and now she was hurting and sweating because of the broken bones in her hand. She had not said a word about her hand, and her father had not asked as they left the prison. She knew, that as a healer, he thought nothing of such matters since he found them so easy to repair. Normally, it would not have bothered her so much either. She'd had broken bones before just in her sparrings with Remus as a child. But now, without her magic, she was helpless. And she had never been so angry with her father in her life.

On the return to London, they arrived back in the Leaky, Khaat finally acted on her impulse to leave the wizarding world behind. While Robert and Brian were ordering beverages at the bar, Khaat quickly slipped out the door that led to muggle London and quickly disappeared into an alley, going quickly into a crowd of unsuspecting muggles and fitting right in. She felt fortunate that she always carried her wallet with her wizarding and muggle id's both. She was beginning to realize that the breaks in her hand were making her sick. She made a choice. She decided to go to a muggle hospital.

She walked into the emergency room of St. George's hospital It looked, at first impressions, a lot like her own. She was immediately further angered that paperwork was more important than she was, it seemed. She nearly left without being seen, but she procrastinated enough that a nurse finally came to get her and took her back to a treatment room.

She had a two hour wait in the treatment room before a doctor came in. He looked at her hand. "Broken," he told her. She sighed, frustrated. She knew that much. She didn't want to have to pay for that piece of brilliance. "Multiple fractures. We'll have to set it. Have you ever had a fracture before?" Well, she had, but it had never been treated in a muggle way. She shook her head no. He explained the process of setting and casting the fracture, leaving the cast on for 6 weeks, etc. It was just barbaric compared to what she was used to, but it was all she had right now. She was not letting her father touch her again, not even to heal the damage he'd caused. Rather, she agreed to the muggle doctor's brutal methods.

Later, much later, she was laying back in the treatment room. The injection of a numbing medication into her hand had been ridiculous, she felt. To actually put needles into something already so damaged. How sad that muggles had to live with it. The sound of the setting bones was awful in her ears, and it still hurt, despite their injected medications. And then came the application of a hard, white, fiberglass cast, letting it dry, etc. The whole thing had made her sick. They had returned her to the bed in the treatment room to let her stomach settle and had provided an additional injection of powerful medications to settle her stomach and to reduce the pain. She was not used to the pain medication at all. She had never taken a muggle medication in her life, and it snowed her. She slept off and on for a couple of hours. The hospital could not release her because the medications were so heavy. And at this point, she had nowhere to go and could not think enough to make any sort of plans. The terrible pain had stopped in her hand, and that was all she had cared about at the moment.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22611
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

"It is Finished!"` Empty Re: "It is Finished!"`

Post by Steven Walker Mon May 31, 2010 5:09 pm

Steven realized that john and Andrew both didn't have summer clothes as so he aperated into a quiet street in London before heading down to the local shops and started to bye things he felt the boys needed, two pairs of swim shorts tee shirt normal shorts and sun hats along with snorkel gear and a few blow up items so they could swim on the pond when it got too hot.

Steven walked down the street, his bags being carried like a muggle to not draw attention to himself but as he walked he suddenly bumped into some one “sorry " he said and looked up right into the worried face of Brian "Hey what’s up " he asked only now he quickly shrank the things to slip into his pocket, he knew it was rare to see a look like this on his face and he knew it had to be bad.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Mon May 31, 2010 5:26 pm

Brian had purchased a large cup of strong black coffee for Khaat at the bar, and a bottle of firewhiskey for him and Robert. His intentions had been to find out what insanity had been going through Robert's head regarding his daughter. But as he turned around, looking to see where Khaat had chosen a table for them all, he didn't see her any place. And Robert had been distracted by seeing an old friend.

"Robert!" he shook his arm hard. "She's gone! She's not here! Go search Diagon Alley! Quick!" Robert raced for Diagon Alley, and Brian ran out the other door into muggle London and ran smack into someone. It took him a second to realize who he had banged into, and then he saw it was Steven.

"Khaat's gone," he said very softly to avoid any of the muggles overhearing. "We just got back from Azkaban, and it didn't go well at all. She is more angry than I have ever seen her. I need your help. She's drugged with a magical potion, and she's hurt. She and Robert fought. It seems he didn't want her to recognize Rob's face. I guess he didn't want her to fall into his charms again and get hurt again. Anyway, she was so angry with him she grabbed him and shook him, and he responded by grabbing her hand to make her let go, and simply crushed her hand in his. I know he broke her hand. But where she's gone now, I have absolutely no idea. I need your help to find her as quickly as we can. As angry as she is at Robert, if she sees him she'll run. We've got a far better chance than he does right now, wizarding powers or not."
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 636
Special Abilities : Healer, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon May 31, 2010 5:40 pm

steven frowned at Brian "why would robert do such a thing he must have had a reason , any way the hospitals this way " he said as he slipped his packages into his pocket and took out his ranger badge "Its not leagal but it will get us some information" he said pining it to his lapel as they quickly made her way down to where the hospital sat Steven had , had experiance with muggle hospitas and went stright to the reception glancing back he smirked and grabebd Brians arm to make him walk with him "I know barbaric but its the best they can do" he saw a young woman at the counter who on seeing his badge grinned "hey im looking for a woman blond ?" he said the woman grined and lent forward to him "sorry hun on duty, shes got a broken hand nad may have come here " the woman whos name was helen sighed "and no im not taken" he grined at her "Im not suposed to give out that information"
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Mon May 31, 2010 6:18 pm

Brian could sense Khaat's presence the minute he entered. "Look, Miss Whoever-You-Are," he said, drawing out a wizarding photo of Khaat from his wallet that he managed to freeze the image in before turning it to face the attendant, "She's my wife. Please. She hurt herself. She left me a message at work that she hurt herself and was coming here. Did you see her? Pretty blond with one chestnut streak at the front of her hair? Average height, thin,..."

"What's your wife's name?" the attendant asked.

"Khaat. Khaat Lupin."

"And your name?"

"Brian Lupin."

"Do you have any identification?" He reached in his wallet and transfigured his wizarding ID to a muggle ID that listed him as Brian Lupin and showed it to her. She sighed. "She came in awhile ago. Says here she's in treatment room 16. Thats through those doors,..." she motioned, Take a left, go right at the second hallway, and you'll find the room is a few doors down on your right. She hasn't been released yet, though. "

"I just want to find her," Brian said. He looked at Steven and started for the doors leading to the emergency room's treatment section, while he returned the photo and the ID back to his pocket.
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon May 31, 2010 6:33 pm

Steven shook his head and chuckled as brian called himself Brian lupin showing an ID to teh woman but he got the infornation "yes I know I felt her here too" he said softly as they made the way to the treatment room she had told them "12...13...14 ...15... next one " he said pulling back the curtain for brian to enter.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Mon May 31, 2010 6:40 pm

Brian entered, seeing Khaat on the bed, asleep, her left arm in a cast from her fingertips to her elbow, and the cast in a shoulder slling. He sighed heavily. He could detect more drugs in her system. But they didn't feel like potions. Evidently, he guessed, it was the cause of her sleep now. He went over and brushed the hair from her face and laid his hand on her forehead. Traumatic shock from the broken bones. Normal, under the circumstances. He wasn't sure why she hadn't asked him for help if she didn't want to go to Robert, but at least she was safe. And the hand was treated--well, sort of. As best any muggle was going to do. "Khaat," he called her softly.
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 31, 2010 7:08 pm

Khaat woke, hearing someone call her name. She woke seeing Brian and Steven there. The drugs were almost impossible for her to combat to even keep her eyes open. "How did you find me?" she asked, feeling like her speech was a bit slurred.

"It wasnt easy. We've been looking for hours. I'd have helped you with your hand if you'd have just given me a chance. You surely don't believe I would agree to what he did--any of it--do you?"

"No," she said, "I saw you were angry. I just dont want one more thing to do with him. Why are you here?"

"Look. You have every right to be angry. But you know with his skills, he considers all of that so minor....

"Its not minor to me! I can't begin to fix it! He has never had to know what this is like..."

"Khaat," he said quickly, sitting on the bed beside her, "Your daughter still needs you. This is not your place here. You belong with me. We came to take you home to the people who love you. You'll work this out with him, but, no. You don't have to do it today."

"Their potions are impossible. I can't even keep my eyes open. If their methods weren't so primative and barbaric I wouldnt' have needed their potions."

"I know. It does look rather disgusting," he agreed. "Are they done with you? Can you leave?"

"They said my family has to come and get me because of their revolting potions."

"Well, they think I'm your husband." He turned to Steven. "How do we do this? Can we get her out of here, without apparating and causing a breech of magical law? How do we get them to let her go?"

"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon May 31, 2010 7:24 pm

steven saw a doctor headed there way "hold it doctors coming, they can say if she a can be reliesed " he said walking out he spoke to the doctor and waked back "ok you sign this it a relise form" he said holding out form, amd waiting for him to sign it.

Once done Steven walked back to the doctor with the form and after some words wallked back "ok its done , we'd have to get ehr out side and away from prying eyes before we can do anything , you know " he said watching as a nurse gave him a funny look as she walked past. " and for hevens sake its medacine not potions they will think she's made if she keps saying that."
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 31, 2010 7:39 pm

Khaat glared at him groggily. She wasn't mad. She just knew potions were potions. She wasn't used to muggle medicines. Although, as she thought about it, her father made clear distinctions when he worked at the apothecary in the village. Medicine was what he called muggle potions. She remembered that. She had just never had cause to use it.

Brian helped her up gently. Her head spun from being full of wizard and muggle drugs both. Her knees buckled underneath her, and he bolstered her tiny frame easily. "Get your sealegs, there, Sailor," he laughed gently. It took her a moment. She glanced up and saw her face in a mirror straight ahead of her. She was ridiculously full of drugs. "I wish I had a pair of sunglasses," she said, not liking the overly drugged look in her own eyes. He conjured a pair quickly and handed them to her. "Better?" he asked.

"Much," she replied, putting them on with one hand. Brian positioned himself on her right, on her good side, and said, "Put your arm around my waist to steady yourself. I'll do the work. Steven, if we can't find a private place to get out of here, you're in charge of getting us muggle transportation to get us as close to Diagon Alley as you can get us. Surely there is some sort of public transportation system for muggles in a city this sized."

"I am NOT dealing with him," she told them both softly. "I'll go back, but you keep him away from me. BOTH of you." She said with an unusual iron firmness.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top