Escape to Brian Quinn's
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Escape to Brian Quinn's Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Escape to Brian Quinn's

Page 1 of 46 1, 2, 3 ... 23 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Escape to Brian Quinn's Empty Escape to Brian Quinn's

Post by Robert Lupin Thu May 20, 2010 5:22 pm

Robert went straight to Khaat's room upon arrival at St. Mungo's that morning. He wanted to check on her and Abbey first and foremost. He found Khaat awake, but her food untouched again. He sighed deeply, and looked at the offerings that he would not have eaten either and let it pass. "I'll send word to Lizzie to send you something edible," he said softly, "I am working on that, Khaat. Really. I'm sorry. No one should have to contend with that. "

"It's okay, Daddy," she said quietly. "Is Abbey awake?"

"Um..no," he said, peering into the incubator. "That gives me time with you anyway. So let me see you. How are you feeling?" He laid his hand on her forehead to check her.

"TIred. Old," She said.

"You're still weak," he said. "But it is a lot better than you were, whether it feels like it or not. We nearly lost you."

"I know. I knew then. I just couldn't do anything about it."

"I do realize that, Dear. Let's try something. I want to see if you can sit up with my help." He sat on the bed and slowly helped her sit up. Her head spun viciously. "Give it a minute," he coached, "You've been laying a long time." It passed slowly. "Better?" he asked.

"Yes," she breathed a sigh of relief.

"Excellent. Now lets try something else." He slowly helped her out of the bed and into the chair next to the bed. Khaat felt very odd, almost a strange combination of feeling more alive and feeling like her strength was racing out of her. "Take some time and get used to it," he said gently. "Feeling okay?"

"I'm not sure what I"m supposed to feel like," she confessed.

"Like hell," he smiled.

"Oh, well, I'm there, then," she said, leaning her head back against the tall back of the chair.

"Actually, I think you're doing very well, all things considered," he said. "Here's my thought. I'm thinking that you really are not critical anymore. You're still very underweight, and you really do need some sun. But--you and I both know that at any moment the press could get word of Jen's arrest and Rob could be caught at any time. When it blows up that he's off to prison, we won't have any notice except by the press's attempt to come and bombard you again. I truly do prefer we avoid that. My thought is that we do have enough in place at Brian's that you really could go there now and recuperate there in peace."

"I'm not sure I even know what peace is anymore, Daddy," she said softly.

"I know. Its been tough, but you've been a true lady through this, I must say. I'm proud of you--except for letting yourself get so thin. That part I'm not so proud of. But we can fix it. "

"Daddy," she frowned, "Are you sure that Brian really wants to do this, that he knows what he's in for with a baby in his house?"

"I am very sure," he laughed. "There is nothing he wants more. He's worked harder than anybody to get this prepared. He's very aware of what he's getting into. Why? Is there someplace else you'd rather be?"

"No. Not really. I just want to be left alone," she said softly.

"You will be. No one to harass you there. I'd like you and Abbey to go to Brian's today. Where the heck is he, anyway?"

"I dont know. I dozed off and when I woke up he was gone."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Escape to Brian Quinn's Empty Re: Escape to Brian Quinn's

Post by Brian Quinn Thu May 20, 2010 5:31 pm

Brian had seen the foul looking breakfast tray and noticed it had gone untouched again. Well, he didn't blame Khaat at all. He'd have sent it back too, and fully intended to. He had apparated home, showered and changed, all after sending a breakfast order to Lizzie at Sparks. On his way back, he stopped, picked up breakfast for the two of them, and tipped Lizzie extravagantly, and gave her a quick peck on the cheek for taking such good care of Khaat.

He apparated back into the room and found Khaat's bed empty. It took him a minute to realize that she was still there, just finally out of bed.

"Hey! Look at you!" he smiled. "You have no idea how good that looks. I hope you're hungry. Lizzie's breakfast looks wonderful. And, yes, I brought 2 large french roasts. Did you eat, Robert?"

"Yes. A homecooked breakfast for a change," Robert replied. "I was just telling Khaat that I think she and Abbey should go to your place today. I think she's been here quite long enough."

"Really? She can?" Brian's eyes lit up, and Khaat saw that any fear she had that he might not want her there was unfounded altogether. "How soon?"

"Well, since breakfast is here, you get her to eat, and I'll write up her discharge orders and Abbey's."

"Do I have clothes here?" Khaat asked.

"Khaat, that lovely rose silk gown and robe will be just fine. Brian will be apparating you both. No one will see you but him, and he's already seen it," Robert said. "The rest of your things are already at Brian's and ready for you. You two enjoy your breakfast and I'll be back."
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 636
Special Abilities : Healer, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 20, 2010 6:14 pm

Khaat found that Lizzie had provided her a wonderful slice of quiche this morning, fruit salad, and of course a large, perfectly brewed French Roast. She noticed that Brian seemed to have a new steak breakfast sandwich that she had never seen on the menu before, and Brian seemed to be enjoying it immensely along with his own French Roast. Lizzie had seemed to just know how to adjust Khaat’s portions to be smaller so that Khaat didn’t feel guilty about not being able to eat it all, and of course, as always, it was absolutely delicious.

Just as they were finishing breakfast, Abbey let out a cranky yell. It made Brian smile a bit, even though Khaat jumped a little. “I’ll get it,” he said calmly, “You just enjoy your coffee. Besides, I enjoy it.” He picked her up and made a little face. “A fresh diaper will do you wonders, Abbey. And then breakfast.”
He went to the door carrying the angry child and ordered a fresh bottle and then proceeded to take her back and change her as if he’d been doing it all his life. By then, one of the healers returned with a bottle for Abbey and removed the untouched breakfast tray, scowling at Khaat. Khaat, who was feeling like she had a bit of her own back this morning, raised her eyebrows almost reprimandingly at the healer, who left quickly. It made Brian laugh out loud, glad to see Khaat’s returning strength.

When everyone was satisfactorily fed and tended, Brian dressed Abbey in a very feminine little outfit, all in soft pink flannel trimmed with little ribbons and lace, and wrapped Abbey in a beautiful pink crocheted blanket that Khaat had bought to bring Abbey home in. The last he added was a pink crocheted hat to keep her head warm on the quick but breezy trip home. He laid Abbey in Khaat’s arms and took Khaat’s free hand. He apparated them home, right to the master suite in his large and awaiting estate, placing Khaat easily straight into the opened bed.

“Oh, Brian, its beautiful,” she said softly, looking around. He’d been working hard on this. She saw all of her favorite things, and fresh flowers everywhere she looked. There was even a beautiful wicker bassinet for Abbey close to the bed. The bassinet was covered in white ruffles and lace with pink bows. It looked like a bed for a miniature princess. “I’d forgotten a bassinet,” she said softly.

“I knew you’d want her close,” he said. “But she does have a room of her own, right across the hall. Khaat, I want you and Abbey to always have a home. And if you decide you want to stay here permanently, well, that’s fine by me too. You’ll never want for another thing in your life, I swear.”

“Thank you,” she smiled.
“Lord, Khaat!” she heard a familiar voice, “What’ve you gone and done to yourself this time?”
She looked and saw her beloved portrait of Remus above the stone fireplace. It was frowning disapprovingly at her. Then it noticed the bundle she had. “Is that my grandniece? Well, let’s see then.” Khaat nodded at Brian who took Abbey and showed her to him. “Oh, Khaat!” Remus said softly, “She looks just like you did the night you were born. She’s beautiful. Abbey, you said?”

“Yes,” Khaat smiled. “Thank you, Uncle.”
Brian placed Abbey in the bassinet and covered Khaat. “I’m going to brew some more coffee. I presume you’ll want some?” he asked Khaat.

“Yes. That would be very nice. Thank you,” Khaat said.

“When you can get up, I’ll give you the grand tour. There will be plenty of people here, so don’t be shy about anything you want or need, got that?”

“Got it,” Khaat said, “Brian, thank you for what you’re doing for us. It means a lot.”

“Wouldn’t have it any other way,” he grinned, leaving to go see to the coffee.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22572
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Fri May 21, 2010 4:47 pm

The day had been amazingly peaceful for Brian. He was delighted to have a chance to be home and to have a reason for it. It was rare that he could actually work at home, and he liked it. Khaat had finally relaxed, he'd noticed, and she'd slept most of the day. She hadn't wanted anything. She'd not eaten much, had just slept.

In the meantime, he'd spent the day with Abbey. He'd savored every moment of it, and was beginning to feel that perhaps he'd missed something by not having a child of his own. She'd been such a pleasure to take care of, even when she was cranky, that he had loved every minute of it.

He had, however, ordered food out from Sparks for dinner, and he had managed to talk Khaat into eating a little. Then she'd slipped back to sleep. He knew this was normal, given the strain she'd been under and he fully expected that need to pass in a day or two. At the moment, he had finished bathing Abbey, and was walking the living room floor, carrying her on his shoulder as she settled back to sleep, cuddling into his neck.
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Fri May 21, 2010 6:24 pm

steven apreated with Kate on to the lawn he thought it best not to just pop into the house" Kate you go first I think i'll wait out side for a moment" he said trying not to seem as nervouse as he was right at the moment. he noticed the spot he stood on and moved way it was the same spot he had been hit , or so he vagly rembered . things still seem to be unraveling in his mind from the prevoise night. He took a deep breath and held his gifts tight watching the house and the lights inside as it now grew dark.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Fri May 21, 2010 6:37 pm

Brian was pleased as he saw Katherine come in, comfortable enough to not need to knock. "Kate!" he smiled, "I wondered when you would show up. Its good to see you. Look who I have."

"Oh, there she is," Katherine's face lit up. "May I? Please?"

"Of course," Brian said. "She's had her bottle and her bath."

"Oh, there's my girl," she said, taking Abbey off Brian's shoulder and taking her into her own arms. "You are getting so big already! Look at you! A full pound! I can see Brian is spoiling you rotten, you lucky girl. So, how is your mama today? Have you seen her?"

"Not too much, Grandma," Brian laughed. "Mama has slept all day long. She's finally relaxing."

"Have you gotten her to eat?"

"When I order out from Sparks. She almost always eats for Lizzie. I got her to eat a bit of roast beef tonight and some of Lizzie's potatoes. It wasn't bad for what little she's been eating, but I do know she can do better. Hopefully in a few days that stress will wear off and she'll feel more like herself. In the meantime, Abbey's been keeping me company."

"You're wonderful with her, Brian. Really. I'm going to slip upstairs and just look in on Khaat, if you don't care."

"Of course not. Make yourself at home," he smiled. "I'm just making some of Robert's Ginger Peach tea. Would you like a cup?"

"Sure. That's one of my favorites," she smiled at him, going upstairs.
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Fri May 21, 2010 6:42 pm

steven moved to the now closed door and knocked , hoping he would not be just told to leave , but if he was he would happily go to keep the peace in the house for abby and Khaat sake. His heart beat fast in his chest and his palm began to sweat a little as if a rookie on his first ever comand , witch now he understood thats exactly what he was with brian he was starting all over again. He knocked again this time louder.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Fri May 21, 2010 6:49 pm

Brian opened the door. "Steven! Good to see you! You don't have to knock. Just come on in. You're a part of this team. Just make yourself at home. Katherine swiped Abbey from me already and ran upstairs with her to go check on Khaat. I'm not surprised. She's one proud grandmother. I'm just making my favorite blend of Robert's tea. I like his Ginger Peach the best. I'm making a large pot. Can I talk you into joining us? I think he's got some almond in it, but he hasn't owned up to that. He makes a lot of tea blends as a hobby, but this one is my favorite. Always has been. So how are you feeling?"
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Fri May 21, 2010 7:00 pm

Steven stepped back as brian opend the door, he was a little taken back by his relaxed derminer but was happy about it "yes she is " he said slowly starting to smile and relax again "sure I'd like to try it , you want hand ?" he asked placing the bag down on a coffee table "and a little sore in the rib department " he said hoping he hadn't just over stepped his mark again "but it could have been worse" he said chukling "so Khaat and abby settled in ok?" he asked faceing him hoping he wouldn't as why he didn't sit down.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Fri May 21, 2010 7:07 pm

"Sorry about that," Brian apologized. "Didn't mean to hit so hard. No hard feelings? I really did not mean to make you uncomfortable or to actually hurt you. Honest. And, if it helps, you're not the first guy, I've had to have a sparring match with. And you, by far, will not be the last. " He motioned him to follow to the kitchen. He motioned 4 tea mugs to place themselves on the counter and noticed the steaming kettle His tea was ready.

"I know Khaat will enjoy this tea. It's relaxing, and she needs the fluids today. They've both settled in just fine, but Khaat's slept all day. I'm not concerned yet. She's finally feeling safe and relaxing. I think she'll snap out of that in a day or so.

"So, did Robert tend that jaw and your ribs? Or should I patch up the damage?"
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 46 1, 2, 3 ... 23 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top