Filling Empty Promises
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Filling Empty Promises Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Filling Empty Promises

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Filling Empty Promises Empty Filling Empty Promises

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 13, 2010 9:40 pm

Morning had come after what seemed like a stretch of endless, lost time. Khaat wasn't sure how many hours or days had passed, but she woke, confused, and still finding herself in St. Mungos. She saw bright morning sunlight coming in through the windows. That was her only clue that perhaps she had weathered the storm and a new day had come. Brian was in a "one eye open" sort of doze in the chair beside her. It was the way he slept when he was working. She was so used to it that it was a comforting thing to her.

He'd heard her wake and now woke also. "Do you know where you are?" he asked, getting up and going over to her side. She looked around. It took her a moment to realize this was not the same room she had delivered Abbey in. "No," she answered, confused. The room didn't look all that different. And, actually, it meant very little to her. Almost all of the key services for hospitalized patients were on the same floor anyway--OB, Pediatrics, Surgery, Intensive Care--it was all on the third floor, one floor down from Rob.

"You're in intensive care now," Brian told her very gently, holding her hand, "Your father had no choice. He had to have you moved here during the night. You're letting too much get to you. This whole business with Rob almost killed you. You haven't eaten, you didn't sleep for days, and you still want to do Abbey's care even here--Khaat, I think you've gotten worse than I've ever seen you. I'm not sure you let things get this out of hand even when Remus died."

Intensive Care. Probably a move of her father's to insulate her and nothing more. It was restrictive--not as much as the psych unit, but with Brian on duty, her father hadn't needed it. There weren't many admissions here, and therefore there were more healers per patient. Usually one healer at least, per patient, fairly consistently. She did not believe there had been many changes in her own health since she had given some of her energies to Rob. It didn't feel like it, anyway. She had been pretty numb since then. It would be like her father to insulate her too, especially if he expected any more chaos. It would be a way to steer anyone away that he didn't want to bother her or Abbey. For the first time, she began to think Brian was not telling her the truth.

She'd actually slept through breakfast. The tray sat, undisturbed and cold now, on the bedtable. "I didn't have the heart to disturb you," he said gently, seeing her looking towards the tray. "It looked pretty ugly anyway. I can send for breakfast from LIzzie for you when you're hungry."

"I'm not," she said very softly. Aside from half a bowl of soup Brian had brought her from Sparks at some point, she honestly could not remember when she had eaten last. Her mind, though, had not left Jen and Rob and what would be come of all their lives. She was grieving for Rob already and he wasn't even gone yet. But it was coming. It surely was coming.

"Your father was here early this morning," Brian said. "He did cast another spell to help boost your energies, but if its going to last, you do have to eat. Khaat, you know it will undo everything he's doing if you don't at least do the minimal to try to help yourself. And you don't dare lose an ounce more weight if you hope to be out of here any time soon. You, above all people, know that if you get any thinner, you'll be here long term. Your father won't have a choice. He'll put you in the extended care unit before you know what's hit you. He cannot possibly release you like this, and you know it. Let me send to Lizzie for something for you. Don't do this like this."

"No. I have to see Rob," she said softly.

"I think your dad is working on that," Brian said. "Hang in, Babe. Don't give up. Oh,just so you know, Phae came in and fed Abbey for you. She bathed her and changed her too. We just knew it took you days to finally get to sleep, so we weren't waking you. Abbey's here and she's just fine."

"Brian," she asked softly, thoughtfully, "what will I do when there's nothing left of my life but Abbey? Have you really thought about how ugly this is going to really get? Do you even have a clue?"

"Stop it. Don't think that way. You have countless friends who love you with all they have. You have Abbey to think of. You have your jobs, Sparks, your kids, your wonderful parents. You have a lot to hang on for. This is a rough spot, I agree, but it will work out. And I promise I won't leave you. I will stay--as long as it takes, however rough it gets. I'll be here. I promise you won't be alone or in need for anything."

"Maybe I just want it all to go away!" she retorted, caught between being angry, frantic, and fighting back tears. She'd have loved to have had Jen's habit of pulling out her hair, but it would only make her more ugly than she already felt. Her nerves were raw from stress and exhaustion. And she didn't know if she could stay here one more day. She'd have taken Abbey and apparated out and started running and just kept running, if Rob were not stuck here, so close and yet so far. It kept her here, and, for the moment, it kept her doing her best to behave and do whatever her father asked of her. But if that were to suddenly change, she had no clue what she would do next. All she felt was fear. Deep, deep fear that she would lose Rob forever, and it was more than she could stand. Khaat rarely ever felt terror, but being without Rob--that was true terror for her. She felt Brian's hand on her forehead.

"Enough," he said softly, "Stop. Peace." She felt a relaxation spell taking hold and gently steering her away from the edge of an invisible abyss. Her eyes shut automatically, tears slipping down her cheeks. He brushed them away. "Try to rest. You don't have to sleep, but rest," he soothed, brushing her hair softly.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22636
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Filling Empty Promises Empty Re: Filling Empty Promises

Post by Robert Lupin Fri May 14, 2010 1:11 pm

Robert had been quite concerned at the continuing deterioration of his daughter. She had finally collapsed involuntarily into a deep, exhausted sleep, which he was quite grateful for. It had been far, far too long since she had slept or eaten either one. She had lost more weight and was dangerously thin and weak now. He knew what it was. She had just simply given up.

He had instructed Brian to let her sleep. But her own dreams, her unresolved thoughts and feelings, had caused the sudden further deterioration during the night. He knew she had been too smart. She had figured out way too much. More than he wanted her to realize at this stage in her recovery. He also blamed himself for not anticipating how sharp she would be and for not deliberately fogging her brain so she could not come to all of this knowledge--not yet. It had simply been too much for her to see the reality around her of what was to come for them all. She was already grieving for Rob and he wasn't gone. She was projecting that she was going to lose him forever, and she was giving up--Abbey or not. He had been summoned in the middle of the night, from a sound sleep on Khaat's office sofa, because Brian had nearly lost her. He flew to her, revived her again, in addition to what Brian had done to keep her alive, and then Robert had had no choice. He moved her to intensive care, so Brian had more backup for her in case her little brain kept working overtime and kept her slipping. He had debated on fogging her brain anyway, but there seemed to be no point. In fact, he debated if the confusion would only harm her with the thoughts already spinning like a tempest in her head.

This morning, after taking the time to refresh himself and get clean clothes and a cup of very strong coffee, he scrutinized himself in the mirror. 3 days with barely any sleep at all, and he still didn't look that bad, he guessed. He knew he was going to have to sleep soon, but not yet. Not while Khaat was so critical.

He made his way to Rob's room, and told Rob the truth of what had happened with his wife overnight, as gently as he could manage. It had been his sincere hope that Rob would pull his head out of his arse and start being the man that it seemed he just didn't know how to be, but sadly, Rob had been far more interested in fllirting with Phaedra than in his own wife and daughter. Rob had no interest whatsoever in seeing his new family and made it quite clear. Robert walked away stonefaced. He'd had enough. He could ignore it no longer. Rob had made a critical error in judgement and had pushed Robert too far. He first warned Brian expressely about what he was about to do, and to be ready to move Khaat and Abbey into deep hiding at a second's notice.

Khaat was too critical for Robert to allow Rob to break her heart one more time. Not once more. He took things into his own hands, based on how critically ill his daughter was. He had his solicitor draw up paperwork on an emergent basis. The first item was being appointed legally in charge of all Khaat's affairs based on her current state of health. The second was a legal separation for her from Robert Andrew Dent. He would not seek a divorce for her--not yet. But a legal separation was another matter. He sought out half of every shilling, every galleon, every sickle, Rob had for support for Khaat and Abbey and for all of it to be put into a trust in Robert's own control alone. If Rob went to prison for life, then he had asked for it all--all the money for Khaat and Abbey so that Rob's daughter would never want for another thing in their lives. He sought out sole legal custody of Abbey to go to Khaat alone on the basis of Rob's abandonment of them, with current temporary guardianship while Khaat was ill to go to himself and Katherine. He was careful to specify no unsupervised visitations with any Dents or Whitlocks--ever. He put forth Khaat's wishes, in full legal form, that made Matt Lestrange Abbey's legal godfather. At this point, Khaat had chosen no godmother, so he left that alone. The final thing he wanted was for Khaat and Abbey's last names to be changed back to Lupin. He wanted this settled and Khaat as free as he could make her right now. The papers were filed immediately, upon Robert's request.

The next thing he did was to talk to Matt Lestrange and told him everything he knew about how Rob had thrown everything away--Khaat, Abbey, everything, in favor of his own self centeredness and how he had left them destitute--yet again--whether it killed Khaat and left Abbey alone or not. Rob simply didn't care. Robert had had enough, and he blew the whistle to Matt about Rob's and Jen's illegal potions empire and how much it was worth and how much he had discovered Rob Dent actually owned and passed on more than enough direct, indisputable evidence to put Rob and Jen away for life.

Rob and Jen had always thought Robert was stupid. He'd ignored their juvenile laughter at him. Well, Robert had only been keeping his mouth shut and he knew far more than they ever suspected. Besides that, he refused to leave Khaat with having to choose between keeping her knowledge about Rob's activities quiet or "throwing Rob under the bus" in order to keep herself out of Azkaban and in order to keep her dear friendship with Matt, not to mention her jobs. Robert was making the choice for her. He was freely "throwing Rob under the bus" to shield his innocent daughter and granddaughter. He explained how Khaat had never known anything until the day she delivered Abbey, and that it was the shock of learning exactly how evil Rob was that caused her miscarriage and had almost killed her.

He confided in Matt about how critical Khaat was now, even more than before, and that it was directly because of Rob's heartlessness alone, and how her life hung now in the balance. He gave Matt copies of all the legal paperwork he had filed. He asked for Matt's help in securing what he wanted to secure Khaat and Abbey's future and protection--wanting his requests granted immediately and knowing Matt had the power to do it.

He told Matt that he fully expected this to be a major scandal in the wizarding press and wanted Khaat and Abbey shielded. He confided in Matt alone what his plans were to do exactly that, to hide her from the wizarding world entirely until she could regain her physical and emotional strength. He wanted Matt to be able to continue to support Khaat and felt sure that their friendship was strong enough to cope with the tempest to come. Robert Andrew Dent had been full of nothing but empty promises to Khaat and his daughter, but, by God, Robert was going to make Rob fill them whether he wanted to or not. One thing about it, when a Dent made an error, they did it 110%.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 15, 2010 9:28 pm

Gabrielle was in the ministry unaware of anything awkward that happened now or yesterday or any day. Work always stuffed up her day that it was impossible to keep track of anything happening or not happening outside of the ministry. Her office was filled with budget papers she was going through for the past 3 hours and she started to get rather nervous. I could have just gave these to the minister this isn't part of my job anymore. she thought for herself.

There was noise coming from the atrium so next thing she did was stand up and open the door to look at what was happening. There was a big group of journalists roaming around while Richard and another man she didn't know tried to hold them from getting anywhere else. "What for the christ sake is going on here?" she asked looking as Richard made her way towards her and stood up in front of her like a shieled. "What can you tell us about your Chief of Wizengamot's state?" one of them asked while she look confused not knowing what was he talking about. My ... what about her?" she asked looking a bit concerned now.

"We heard she is on intensive care at St.Mungo's what do you have to state about it? Our readers want to know what happened?" asked the persistant journalist while Gabrielle didn't know what to say or not to say. "We have nothing to declare!" stated Richard dragging Gabrielle back to her office before someone noticed she didn\t know what happened. "What the hell Richard?" she asked not being bothered to sit waiting for an explenation. "Your friend is on intensive care. I understood something about depression though no one has details yet." he said replying to her questioning look.

"What do you mean depression? She was fine last time i saw her.." asked Gabrielle looking towards the fireplace feeling the urge to go and investigate. Before Richard replied he got out not having time to explain right now. "St.Mungo\s Hospital!" Gabrielle said loud and clear appearing at the hospital only a moment later. She passed the halls to the intensive care rather quickly.

Finally she was standing in front of Khaat and some guy that looked like a bodyguard. "What in the world happened?" she stated trying not to sound too surprised though she was. She made a step closer towards Khaat's bed. Baby was in incubator. Khaat had no pregnant looking belly anymore.Baby was rather small. Khaat's bodyguard stood in front of Gabrielle like she killed someone. "Who the hell are you?" she asked standing in place.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Sat May 15, 2010 9:38 pm

"Khaat's brother," Brian lied. Well, he had grown up with her, so he felt like her brother. That much really was true. He was standing, firmly positioned to protect her, no matter what it took.

"Who exactly are you?" Brian asked. He wasn't letting anyone in to Khaat's room that he wasn't sure of. And then he felt Khaat take his hand. "Brian," came Khaat's weak voice, "Its alright. Gabrielle is a friend. You can trust her. It's alright. Come in, Gabrielle. He's protecting me from the press. They're already making my life miserable."

"Don't push, Khaat," Brian said, backing down, but still protective.

"I'm alright," Khaat reassured him. "Brian takes protecting me very, very seriously, Gabrielle. He's very good to me and to Abbey. Oh, please--go see Abbey. She's premature, but she's gorgeous. You can hold her if you want." She motioned to the incubator in the corner of the room. She knew Gabrielle would instantly know that premature infants were not ever kept with the mother, especially when the mother was in intensive care, but Khaat knew she could try to explain that.
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 636
Special Abilities : Healer, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sat May 15, 2010 9:53 pm

Matt had been mulling things over in his office for a while now. No matter how he looked at it, Jen and Rob were looking at a long sentence if not life in Azkaban. He hated Robert for showing him that, but the evidence was clear. He'd talk with Khaat then Rob, and bring Jen in before he did anything however. There was just too much going on, he hadn't changed clothes so he had apparated home. It was pretty early in the morning so everyone was still asleep. Noel had been taken back home yesterday and was healthy, thank God. He couldn't take much more, so much going on these days. He sighed and hopped in the shower, stripping down as he did so. He felt the warm water hit his skin and sighed heavily. It felt good, and now all he could do was think while he was in the shower.

He didn't want to think about it, but he had to. It was one of the sacrifices that came with being the Minister. You have all this power and you have to use it. He couldn't escape the fact that Rob and Jen were going to Azkaban. And most likely Khaat would divorce Rob. Which would leave Rob full of terrible memories, which didn't help. Matt was going to be stationing Dementors just this once outside Jen's cell. There was no being to careful, but why did it have to be this way? He shut off the water and stood there, thinking. He closed his eyes and began to dry off.

A few minutes later after he was all dried and dressed, he put on a coat and apparated outside St.Mungos. He was going to have to talk to Khaat first, before anything happened. He never felt so low, he'd be sending Rob right to Azkaban after he was alright to go. The evidence was clear...the evidence. Well, it was great to actually have proof. But it was for a person he didn't want it to be for. He made his way down the corridor, wanting to just stop and leave this earth. He was going to have to do something he didn't want to do.

He passed room after room, nodding to people as they greeted him. He really didn't want to talk now, he just wanted to get all this over with. He found his way to Khaat's intensive care room and he knocked on her door. He was going through what he would say in his mind, he didn't want to shock her. It was going to be kind of hard. He just really hoped that she wasn't too hurt...

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 15, 2010 10:11 pm

Gabrielle gave Brian a dark look for a moment before she turned to Khaat who she was actually here for. "Yeah press is making my life miserable too. Atrium is crawling with nose stuffed journalists. Richard's having a hard time trying to get them in line." she commented remembering the little incident back at the ministry few minutes ago.

"And i am Gabrielle Delacour if you really must know Brian. Khaat's friend and collegue from work if that's enough for you?" she said realizing it would be rude to ignore Khaat's bodyguard even though she wished to do so.

As Khaat mentioned gorgeous she suddenly turned to the small baby by her side. It looked smaller then any baby she ever saw and they were numerous. "It's strange to see a baby in incubator here. Are you allowed to hold her?" she asked curiously remembering when Derek and Monet were this little. It made her feel rather sad those times passed. It's been many years since she held a newborn baby.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sat May 15, 2010 10:21 pm

Mariana was at breakfast eating toast and eggs reading the daily prophet. It seemed to be as false as always so she was just passing through untill she saw Khaat's picture in the newspaper. Her eyes widely opened as she read the content of the letter. That's not possible.. she thought going with her hand through her wavy red hair like she couldn't believe a thing she read there. I have to go.. she thought finishing her pumpkin juice and going out the door with her cloak on.

As her feet stepped on the first sunny rain at the grounds she made her quick way towards the point from which she was able to apparate. True or not she wouldn't rest untill she would figure out what was going on. Intensive care was passing through her mind like a ray of lightning she haven't expected or thiught about.

Her apparation at St.Mungo's was hopefully descrete enough. She never thought she would come back to this place she hated so much. As the witch who stood at the reception told her where to go she made her way up the stairs reaching the room few minutes later. At first she just looked to make sure that was Khaat there though her eyes were not lieing. And in the room there was Gabrielle too. She stepped forward feeling like she just had a cold shower and looked at someone who gave her the creeps. "Khaat is that really you.." she asked insecure still doubting. She stood by the door not sure what else to say.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Sat May 15, 2010 10:25 pm

"Yes," Khaat said, "Please do. Brian? Get Abbey out please?" she asked. Brian obeyed, getting Abbey out and putting her into Gabrielle's arms. That made Khaat smile. Abbey was such a good baby, and she barely ever cried. Except if she got hungry.

Khaat was coming to the fast realization when her father said Rob had refused to see her that he was truly done with her. She knew it was over. She had no idea what was going to happen to her now, but she also knew Rob was becoming his true self. His evil side was running more of his life than the man that she knew, and somehow she was going to have to learn to stop loving him. To learn to cope. And she knew, just as well, that her father had been very busy. Protecting her and Abbey, without a single doubt.

She heard another knock on the door and Brian opened it. When he saw Matt, he let him pass. "Matt," Khaat sighed gratefully. She was relying on him right now for far more than she ever dreamed in her life that she would need to. And she was glad he was back. She knew by his face, instantly, that he had seen her father. Matt knew everything.

"You've talked to Daddy, haven't you?" she asked very softly, not sure if he could still be her friend and honestly believe she knew nothing. But they had to talk. And she had no secrets from Gabrielle. She would have to be read in anyway, if aurors were needed to arrest Jen and Rob and shut them down. Maybe it was best she were here for this.

There was another knock. Brian answered and Khaat allowed itt. It was Mari. Well, Mari was an order member, so she allowed it as well. Khaat at this point saw herself as innocent,so she had no secrets. "Come in, Mari. It's me," Khaat managed a slight smile.
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 636
Special Abilities : Healer, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sat May 15, 2010 10:41 pm

Once Khaat spoke up it was clear it was she over there and not anyone else. As she realized Matt was there she got a bit nervous for a moment not sure what to say or ask. "Hi Khaat how do you feel?" she asked slowly approaching and sitting beside Khaat on the chair thinking that could have been her if she didn't snap out on time. It seemed like eating and sleeping was a problem that passed from her to Khaat. "I didn't quite understand what happened. Prophet didn't say anything in concrete." she said sitting there looking at the small newborn baby turning her look back to Khaat quickly like watching a baby wasn't the most normal thing in the world.

Gabrielle took the little baby girl Brian just handed her looking softly at it. It wasn't crying. After all Gabrielle had some expirience as a mother herself. "You called her Abbey? What made you decide so?" she asked softly cuddling her friend's little baby. Minister and Mariana had arrived in meanwhile though she didn't know whether to adress them or not. At least she knew Mariana wouldn\t mind. "She is so beautiful. Reminds me of Monet when she was this little." she smiled looking at the baby who seemed only to look at her without crying just making weak baby noises.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sat May 15, 2010 10:48 pm

Matt walked in and right away felt some tension in the room. Mari and Gabrielle were both there, he smiled at Khaat. Matt sighed and nodded, "Yes Khaat. I have spoken with your father..." he said. "So, there really isn't any point sugar coating it is there?" he said. "We have captured Jen, Blaire told me this morning. He managed to bring her in." he said. "Jen is going to Azkaban later today and Rob...." he broke off. He looked at the sorrow in Khaat's eyes, he couldn't stand it. But he had to. "Will be following Jen as well. There is too much evidence against him Khaat. I'm sorry..." he told her closing his eyes. He felt a tear run down his cheek but once again ignored it. "I'm sorry Khaat, really. " he said.

"Abbey is your's and you're a Lupin again." He sighed and opened his eyes. He looked around, there were only a few people in the room but it felt like there were many watching him. "I am very sorry, really Khaat. But..." he couldn't. "Rob is a criminal, and he would just bring you down. There will be no trial, you're in no health for it." He sighed and walked over to her. He looked down at her, seeing the feeling in her face. She wasn't well, she needed rest though. "She needs rest guys, she's been through too much these days." he said to everyone. "But Khaat and I have a few things to discuss..." he said looking at Khaat. She would come up with an excuse of some sorts.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top