Promises to be kept
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Promises to be kept Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Promises to be kept

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Promises to be kept Empty Promises to be kept

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:18 am

Stupid Matt. Telling me what to do with his stupid owl, with stupid words that came from his stupid face.

Such was the thoughts of the vastly mature Jaquellene Dyllan, as the nineteen year old was awoken from a slumber she had dearly needed. She didn't always sleep, but when she did, she hated being interrupted by urgent messages from people, especially when they were from people with such stupid faces. She readied herself and grabbed her wand, preparing to blast a hole in the wall of this motel he had summoned her too. She left a quick note for Nemo in case he woke up, which she doubted, and then apparated away.

She appeared at the dingy motel and glanced back down at the note, before clenching it in her fist and stuffing it away in her knapsack. She climbed the stairs to the second floor and walked down, looking for number twenty-four. Holding her wand close to her leg, she knocked on the door, preparing to give the stupid face a piece of her mind.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Promises to be kept Empty Re: Promises to be kept

Post by Matthew Lestrange Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:50 am

Although he would never tell her, the owl sent to Jack Dyllan was sent at 2 in the morning deliberately. But he was pretty sure she'd figure that out all on her own anyway. As he sat on the uncomfortable rock that was the motel mattress he couldn't help but grin smugly at the television in front of him. Power was something he was very mindful about but sometimes he really couldn't help having a little fun. He had to tell Jack that he had chosen her to represent The Order as a spy. Despite their constant quarrels and they're hatred for each other he had to acknowledge that she was the best choice for the position. The smug smirk fell as he swallowed his pride, Jack was probably the only Order member he really did trust. He mentally scolded himself for thinking such nonsense and then there was a knock on the door.

He picked his wand up from the night stand and slid it into his trouser pocket. He made no rush to the door but took his time. Admiring a fake plant that stood in what Matt would exactly call a kitchen but it had a fridge. He finally reached the door and took a look outside of the peephole. "Whatever you're selling I don't want any." he said loudly through the door with a smirk. When he saw her look of displeasure and the wand in her hand he decided better. And with a quick turn of the knob he opened the door and leaned against it, looking down at the fiery haired woman. "Welcome Jack, won't you come in?" he said in a tone that screamed of mocking.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:44 am

He was taking forever, and Jack was pissed. Jack ran her tongue over her teeth, sucking in with agitation and displeasure. She had half a mind to believe he was doing all of this to piss her off. She heard him speak- yes, he knew she was here, and he knew she must be pissed off by now. Jack didn't care if he was the leader of the Order, she was a Head of the Ministry, and she would not be treated like this. She turned on her heel and began to leave, unwilling to deal with him.

He spoke, a mocking tone dripping from his words. Jack slowly turned, crossing her arms and shaking her head. Her exhaustion was apparent in the dark circles under her eyes, the paleness of her face. "I won't put up with this. I came- I could have pretended to sleep through it. I have work in four hours. I am not up for this, Matt."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:44 am

Matt's grin faded as she strolled through the doorway. Shutting the door behind her he frowned for a second. Of course when he returned to her line of sight he replaced it with another grin. "Trust me, I have a legitimate reason for you being here." he told her with a quick smile. Although he wanted nothing more than to knock her over with a frying pan he kept himself under control. He figured he should at least inform her of his decision and let her freak out before any frying pans were hurt on her ridiculously hard head. He giggled slightly at the thought of a dented frying pan and a Jack who had just asked if it was snowing inside.

He clapped his hands and sat on the dingy kitchen table placing his legs one one of the accompanying dingy chairs. He placed his elbows on his thighs and looked at her with interested. Mentally deciding whether or not he should actually go through with his idea. He wasn't too confident that she was willing to accept the order. But if it came down to it he would force her. "Jack, I want you to be our spy in the Death Eaters." he told her in a completely business like tone.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:56 am

Jack sighed as she moved inside, weariness settled in her bones as thick as a wool blanket. Sleep was an elusive stranger and contentedness was a fairy tale. To be here instead of trying to catch up to the stranger, or to delude herself into believing in the fairytale was one of the least fair forms of torture. She was tired, and Matt exhausted her more. Fighting over Nemo was like fighting over who was able to out a leech on their skin. She adored her roommate, but he exhausted her too. And it exhausted her more to fight with Matt over him.

He made himself at home and she pulled the chair he had rested his leg on from under him, pulling it towards her before she sat at it, and looked up at him, wishing for some Butterbeer. "Alright, get on with it. I'd like to get home to get at least an hour's sleep under my belt."

And then he spoke. And she wished, not for Butterbeer, but for a few dozen bottles of vodka. She paused, before reaching her hands up to her eyes and rubbing vigorously, as though trying to wake herself from a dream. She let out a groan. "You sure? I mean... I run around with the Head of Law Enforcement. I'm a Head, too, they'll want disclosed Ministry info. Surely someone else..." She paused, before answering her own question. "There is no one else. I know." She dropped her hands. "Man, I was just getting it all together."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:39 am

Matt could tell that Jack wasn't very excited about the words leaving his mouth. The tension shared between the both of them had vanished. He almost felt a little bad having to tell Jack this news. But she was the only Order member he trusted enough to put such a big responsibility on. He knew she wouldn't disappoint him either. Matt didn't give Jack as much credit she deserved. She was a powerful witch. If Nemo wasn't in the way she may have been a wonderful friend. But everything changed when Nemo arrived.

"Jack, the fact that you run an entire department at the Ministry is all the more reason for you to take the job. If they request Ministry information, tell them. We have to do what is best for the Wizarding World as the Order of the Phoenix, not the Ministry." he told her calmly. He made a move to reach out and comfort her but it turned into an awkward stretch. "I know this is a lot to ask, and you don't have to answer right away. It would be better, but perhaps if you slept on it or gave it a few days. I know we haven't exactly had good moments together but I think you're the best person for this job."

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:10 am

His words buffeted her unpleasantly, hitting her like the lapping waves of an ocean tide. With each sentence she was sucked under, and then she kicked herself free, up to the surface, to try and get some air into her lungs and some grasp on reality. Everything seemed wrong and unpleasant, but she was taking it all because she knew, deep down in that heart she tried to hide away- that she had to.

Suddenly, Jack snapped, "Of course I'm going to do it!" Her hands flew up to her face, brushing her hair back as she sighed. "Sorry, I didn't mean- snapping, I'm just-" she sighed again. "I know that I'm the only one qualified right now. I'm just... mad that that's the truth of the matter."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top