Waiting {{Amelia & Open}} - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Waiting {{Amelia & Open}} - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Waiting {{Amelia & Open}}

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Waiting {{Amelia & Open}} - Page 2 Empty Re: Waiting {{Amelia & Open}}

Post by Isobella Donohue Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:01 pm

"I need information on how to communicate with them because i found one that was similar to me. It seem that particular werewolf might be taking the wolfbane potion as i am." Subastian said looking at the book in further detail.
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 1076

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Lyons Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:16 pm

"I see," Amelia responded, somewhat distracted yet by the idea of the numerous werewolves that must inhabit the forbidden forest when the full moon lit up the sky. From what Subastian said, not all of them were taking wolfsbane, either.

She shivered a bit, trying to disguise the motion by reaching for the ladle in a large bowl of soup. She spooned three ladles full of steaming tomato soup into her bowl, picking up a smaller spoon to begin to enjoy the warmth the soup would bring. Her first bit was too hot to eat, burning her tongue when she placed it in her mouth.

"Ouch," she muttered, pulling her wand from her knapsack and waving it quickly above the bowl to cool the soup slightly. The next bite went better than the first and she was able to savor the saltiness of the soup paired with the slightly sweet tomatoes.

"So do you ever have trouble making the wolfsbane potion?" Amelia asked, stirring the soup absentmindedly as she spoke. She had made the potion last year in the OWL level class and she knew how complicated a procedure it entailed.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 1645
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:00 am

Subastian looked up and said, "No potions are easy for me. I don't think it's that hard to make." He followed her lead and put soup in his bowl and pick up two sandwiches. "The only bad thing about being a werewolf for me at least is eating too much." He laughed lightly as he picked up his spoon and took a bite of the soup. "Hm its a little hot." Subastian said waving his wand over it.
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Lyons Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:20 am

Amelia nodded at Subastian's reply, glad to hear that the strain of making the potion did not add to his already impossible to imagine stress levels. She was competent in potions, but the need to make any of those she had learned had never arisen outside the classroom. The usefulness of the knowledge did not escape her, although it currently lacked practical application in her life, and she would likely have volunteered to help Subastian make the potion if he had needed it.

What has gotten into you? She thought, sipping soup delicately from her spoon, First the common room, then the library, now you are thinking about meeting up with him again? What happened to the loner girl who couldn't bring herself to mutter more than one word in general conversation that was explicitly rehearsed?

Amelia could come up with no answer for her own mental question and was glad for the diversion when Subastian mentioned his new eating habits. She laughed lightly at this, noticing now that he was clearly making quicker work of his food than she had, not to mention that he already seemed to have consumed twice as much as her.

"It certainly doesn't show," Amelia commented, not flirtatious but rather factual. His body was lean and lithe from what she could see from beneath his clothes; no signs of the three grilled cheese sandwiches and soup he had already inhaled. In fact, he looked a big haggard, the way one looks when they lose too much weight too quickly. "No offense intended, but by the looks of you I would guess you hadn't eaten properly in several days."
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:32 pm

"To tell you the truth i haven't. I've been busy trying to watch my back every time I'm in the forest now." Subastian said but regretting saying it and looked at her for her reaction. He didn't want her to worry about whether or not he'd be ok because he would be.
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Lyons Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:55 am

Amelia swallowed hard at Subastian’s response, trying very hard not to be visibly shaken by it. If a werewolf feared for his safety in the forest, surely someone as slight as herself would stand no chance. She put her spoon down in the half-eaten bowl of soup to avoid drawing attention to the fact that her hand had started shaking slightly.

Fear was not an emotion Amelia was entirely familiar with. It was not that she lived without fear, but rather that most of the things she feared were not physical beings, but situations beyond her control: failure, death, not living up to expectations. It was rare that she feared an object or animal; her fears were rational, not phobias. Then again, being afraid of a fully transformed werewolf was probably as rational as you could get; anyone who wasn’t scared of a creature fully capable of tearing you limb from limb probably ought to have their head examined.

“I imagine that does ruin one’s appetite,” she said finally, realizing the thought alone had dampened her own appetite. She pushed the bowl away from her, dabbing at her lips with a crisp blue napkin that had been placed specifically on the Ravenclaw table. Looking toward the window, Amelia saw the sun disappear below the windowsill, which meant it would not be long before it was completely gone from the sky.

“Maybe you ought to get going,” Amelia said , gesturing toward the window, her hands no longer shaking but the feeling that her stomach was being twisted had yet to wane.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Isobella Donohue Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:51 pm

Subastian's head snapped up and he saw the sun starting to go down. "D**n. See ya Amelia." He said getting up and taking off down the Ravenclaw table and out onto the grounds. He flat out ran into the forest just minutes before the sun went below the horizon.
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Lyons Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:17 pm

Subastian's reaction had been exactly as she anticipated, so she was not surprised when he ran headlong from the great hall, leaving her sitting alone at the table among the stacks of books and half-eaten food. The sky above the hall, visible through the enchanted ceiling, had faded into multiple shades of red and orange, a sure sign of sunset. She watched the doors through which Subastian had left for just a minute longer before averting her eyes.

Will I ever be able to come to grips with this?

It was a question Amelia didn't think she could answer, and for once she was glad for a break in her solitude as students began to enter the great hall for the normal dinner time. The sound of hundreds of footsteps on the marble floor and the buzz of so much idle chatter was enough to drown out her thoughts of werewolves and danger and leave her mind suspiciously and pleasantly blank.

((End of Thread))
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top