Reading Beside the Lake
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Reading Beside the Lake Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Reading Beside the Lake

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reading Beside the Lake Empty Reading Beside the Lake

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:04 am

Sitting in the sun by the lake, Gwynn had a muggle novel spread out on the ground infront of her and she read by the glaring light of the noon sun overhead. As she lay on her stomach, her kitten lay asleep beside her, purring. He looked so cute, sleeping on his back, his belly exposed to soak up the rays of sun.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Reading Beside the Lake Empty Re: Reading Beside the Lake

Post by Clementine Lovegood Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:07 am

Jamie looked over at Gwynn from where she was sitting close to the edge of the lake. Moving next to her she asked "What are you reading?" Jamie pulled out her favorite muggle novel Sense and Sensibility.
Clementine Lovegood

Number of posts : 2053

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:21 am

Gwynn was startled, "Oh, uhm, just a book called 'Wicked'... It's a muggle book about witches... It's completely ridiculus... But I do value the creativity that the writer was trying to use..."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordecai Warton Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:22 am

"GIVE IT HERE YOU BLOODY YONKER!"

The tranquility of the lake was instantly shattered as a large feathered creature launched itself out of the tree line of the Forbidden Forest with what looked to be a highly colourful wild man hanging off its back with his arms wrapped around its neck.

"DROP IT! I SAID DROP IT YOU OVER-SIZED TURKEY VULTURE!" Mordecai's commanding voice boomed out over the lake, carried on by the acoustics of the still water. The Hippogriff, for indeed that was what the creature was, let loose a shrill indignant screech as it tried to take a snap at the man but Mordecai was onto the featherbrain's schemes. He swung his legs up onto the beast's back and when its swung its hooked beak around to take a chunk of his thigh off he threw back his fist and gave the animal a solid left hook to the side of its head. Once! Twice! Three times! How do ya like them apples ya snitch thief!

The hippogriff did not like that. In the least bit. A piercing call rang out as the creature did a summersault in mid-air in an attempt to dislodge its angry passenger and a hippogriff being what it was well...

"YOU BLOODY CHEATER!"

SPLASH!

Hippogriff 1, Mordecai 0.

When Mordecai's head finally broke through the surface of the lake the Hippogriff was already long gone, back into the Forbidden Forest where it would be left alone and not used as a punching bag by some two-legged wand wielding lunatic. And with it went Mordecai's lucky Golden Snitch, right down the beast’s greedy gullet.

"I'LL GET YOU YET! JUST WAIT AND SEE YOU...YOU...ARRGGGH!"

Mordecai shook his fist violently as he bobbed up and down, soaked to the bone and really hating the fact that he was bested by a bird-brained horse. Vowing revenge of the highest degree Mordecai breast-stroked his way back to shore and hauled himself out of the lake. His heavy Quidditch robes stuck to him like a second skin and he didn't even bother to try and dry himself with a simple spell. Instead he just flopped face first onto the grass and lay there, growling to himself the entire time.

"I hate hippogriffs."
Mordecai Warton
Mordecai Warton

Number of posts : 129
Special Abilities : Leglimens, Seer, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Clementine Lovegood Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:39 am

Jamie nodded. "I like muggle writers. They did get some things right. This is my favorite book" she said showing her her copy.

Jamie watched in horrer as the Professer got tossed in the lake. She stood up and ran over to him. "Are you okay sir?" she asked in a scared voice. She held out her hald to help him up. Her messily braided hair fell over her sholder.

Reading Beside the Lake Keira+Knightley
Clementine Lovegood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:00 pm

Gwynn's eyes widened, and she left her book there, matching Jamie's strides exactly. She stood beside Jamie, concern plain in her features. "He was only playing... He enjoys the game, actually, Proffesor. I... I could try to reason with that hippogriff if I ever saw him on school grounds..." Gwynn knew it sounded weird, but she didn't like to give away that much. She'd just wait for the questions to be asked.
Lucifer yowled angrily, kind of upset that he'd been forgotten as he sat down indignantly at Gwynn's feet.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Clementine Lovegood Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:06 pm

"Is it YOUR hippogriff?" She asked Gwynn suprised.
Clementine Lovegood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:11 pm

"No, of course not... It.. It's a bit complicated, how I knew what the hippogriff felt... What his motives were..." Gwynn struggled with words, not really knowing how to explain.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Clementine Lovegood Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:34 pm

"Oh" Jamie said finally. How could she explain? She flattened her outfit nervusly. "Do you have a talent with animals?" she asked

(What sould Jamie and Gwynn's relationship be? Friends? Rivals? Clearly not love, LOL)
Clementine Lovegood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:37 pm

(Friends, I guess, if that's alright with you)
"Uhm, Yeah, I guess you could say that." Gwynn bent down, scooping Lucifer up in her arms.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top