Reading can actually be educational
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Reading can actually be educational Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Reading can actually be educational

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reading can actually be educational Empty Reading can actually be educational

Post by Kiera Ashling McKinley Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:57 pm

Ash was sitting in one of the chairs before the fire with a book about pregnancy that she had borrowed from Chase. She was grateful that she had actually made a friend at the school who was going through what she was finding herself in now. It wasn't much of a book, though some of the stuff did actually scare her about what could happen.

She noticed that the common room was unusually quiet tonight and she almost regretted coming back from Varod's after him finding out that she was pregnant, but it was a good thing because she had met Chase. She put her nose back to the book learning everything that there was to know about being pregnant...including the size the baby was right now.
Kiera Ashling McKinley
Kiera Ashling McKinley

Number of posts : 497

Back to top Go down

Reading can actually be educational Empty Re: Reading can actually be educational

Post by Aurora Nye Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:23 am

Aurora loved the commonroom. she hadnt seen hugo yet so she had hope that she would see him in the common room. When she entered the common room from her dorms... she noticed a girl their. "Hello.. Im aurora." She told the girl. "Let me guess... your Kiara.. Otherwize known as Ash..... I heard about you from.. V.." she told Ash as she sat down on the floor. "Studying sucks... i am glad that.... i have a book to read." she said to herself aloud.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 2250
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Reading can actually be educational Empty Re: Reading can actually be educational

Post by Kiera Ashling McKinley Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:32 am

Ash looked up as the girl addressed her, marking her page in the book she was reading, hurriedly closing it as she listened to the girl speak. The title on the book in bold letters, What to expect when you're expecting. So this was the girl who lived with Varod on some occasions, she thought looking at her.

She smiled at her, "Yeah, I've heard about you too." she said with a smile. "As long as you call me Ash I think we might get along fine...I hate my first name." she added looking at her, "I'm not exactly studying to be honest...Not really...at least not for school." She knew the girl and her would have to meet sometime. She wasn't thinking about the book she had been reading either.
Kiera Ashling McKinley
Kiera Ashling McKinley

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:34 pm

"I knew we would meet here sometime.. i just never knew whe," she said to the girl as she looked up at the cieling. "I feel like casting a spell and making it brighter in here but im to cold to move." She said aloud to herself. Aurora Sat there as she curled up right where she was and began to humm softly. "What do you want to do?" She asked after stopping her humming. "I really have nothing i really mind doing Very Happy"
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Ashling McKinley Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:42 pm

Ash looked at her curiously, "I'm not really sure what I can and can't do. This book here has me scared to do anything really." she said looking at her. She thought about when V had mentioned Aurora. "Same here but I wasn't sure where it was going to be. I don't ever see you when I'm with him so I kind of figured it was bound to be here. I knew we were in the same house."

She pulled out her wand and pointed it at the fire making it brighter and warmer. "Is that better?" she asked curiously. "Sorry I really don't have anything fun here to do at school. I mean I would keep video games and such here but they don't really work at all. Much like a cell phone doesn't. I mean I keep my phone here but it doesn't work on the grounds so its useless."
Kiera Ashling McKinley
Kiera Ashling McKinley

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:00 pm

"I understand... but why are you reading that book?" Aurora asked curriously. Not much people that she knew read books that scared them and Aurora didnt even know what the book was. "I mean if it scares you then why on earth would you read the damned thing. it confuses me alot." She told the ash. If a book scared her even 1 little itsey bitsey bit then aurora wouldnt even read any farther she would put it where she found it and never touch it again.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Ashling McKinley Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:09 pm

She knew that question would come. Most people would ask her why she was reading that particular book to begin with, but then again they would know why she was reading it. She sighed and marked her page before putting the book on the floor, where it could be plainly seen by anyone who walked in, "Because I'm pregnant." she said looking at Aurora. She wondered how she would take something like that, since she was good friends with Varod. "We just found out and I feel completely stupid so I got a book about what I should expect to happen but its kind of scaring me with some of the stuff it talks about."
Kiera Ashling McKinley
Kiera Ashling McKinley

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:16 pm

"Youre pregnant? (spelling?) Who's the father?" Aurora asked ash curriously. she had never even seen a pregnant (spelling?) person in her life and she hadnt seen a baby since she was pretty young. She really couldnt wait until she was older though, she would know more about this stuff and she would know what to do when the time came bur for now she was only twelve and didnt need to know the details.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Ashling McKinley Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:22 pm

"Yeah I'm pregnant." she said looking at her. She was a little offended because of her asking who the father was. The girl had told her she had heard about her from V, it just seemed a little odd that she would ask who the father was. "Varod is the father silly." she said trying to laugh it off.

She wasn't very far along and therefore she wouldn't be showing for a little bit. Maybe sooner than others since she was rather small for her age, but still. "I just found out about a week ago." She frowned a little as she looked down. She had gotten a letter from Varod that he was going to be gone for some time. Trying to find a muggle job or something like that. It meant she was stuck at school so she might as well make the best of it. "He didn't tell you we were together?" she asked looking at Aurora curiously.
Kiera Ashling McKinley
Kiera Ashling McKinley

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:43 pm

When Ash had said that varod was the father she froze stiff. Now varod wouldnt have any time for her and she would be forgotten. "N..No he never told me a thing about you really. I just knew that you knew varod and that you guys were friends.. i didnt.." She stopped talking and looked around. the room got colder to her as she began to get sad and all color faded. In her mind she wouldnt be important anymore and all she would be was a vast memory. "I should probably tell Varod the next time i see him that i wont be living with him though." She said to her self out loud.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top