lost in thought - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

lost in thought - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

lost in thought

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

lost in thought - Page 2 Empty Re: lost in thought

Post by Harper Goodrum Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:33 pm

Harper shook her head in disappointment, convinced that he failed to comprehend the depth of her frustration. "It wasn't simply a matter of choosing between them," she clarified. "None of them possessed the magnetism or allure to draw me in. It'd be like dating a lifeless Barbie doll with a perfect, molded plastic body and no brain." She let out a heavy sigh and tucked her hands in her pockets. "It's like people assuming that I share the same personality traits as my brothers, just because we come from the same family. It's not that simple."

Despite her strong convictions, Harper had not spent much time contemplating her future. She preferred to live in the present moment. The question that followed was therefore difficult for her to answer. After a brief pause, she shrugged her shoulders and responded, "I'm not entirely sure yet."
Harper Goodrum
Harper Goodrum

Number of posts : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakob Sallow Fri May 12, 2023 2:39 am

Jakob felt that intelligence for girls was something that was not allowed, since most girls were too emotional too have any kind of intelligence in his mind. He had rolled his eyes hearing Harper go on about how girls who were pretty, "Those girls at least get guys fancy over them. Hasn't it occured to you, it's not proper for a woman to be smart." he said giving her a bit of a shrug. He supposed many girls got so caught up in female empowerment.

"That is the stupidest thing I heard. You know it's sad you all talk, and have no clue what you want to do with your future." he said giving her a bit of a shrug. "You know time is ticking." he commented.

Jakob Sallow
Jakob Sallow

Number of posts : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Goodrum Fri May 12, 2023 3:37 am

Harper responded to Sallow's remark with an exasperated eye roll. She had hoped society had progressed beyond archaic notions of male superiority and confining gender roles. "I may make a decision now, but I reserve the right to change my mind later," she asserted. Harper refused to be trapped in a life predetermined by societal expectations, fearing the unhappiness that often accompanied such conformity. She despised the burden of others' expectations, anticipating her compliance with her family's traditions and the pressure to conform to feminine stereotypes. "It's high time we moved beyond outdated norms," she muttered, determined to break free from the constraints of the past.
Harper Goodrum
Harper Goodrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakob Sallow Fri May 12, 2023 3:54 am

Jakob had grew up a certain way, but he knew that his parents would probably kill him right now. He liked to think that it was male's opportunity to advance in this world. They were the breadwinners after all in a family, but he knew his mother had a respectful job in the Ministry of Magic, but he liked to think she'd benefit more at home. "Why do that? Woman are crucial to helping raising their children at the end of the day." he said with a shrug.

Jakob Sallow
Jakob Sallow

Number of posts : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Goodrum Fri May 12, 2023 4:19 am

Harper's blood began to boil as her pleasant thoughts of the girl were abruptly interrupted. "And what if someone doesn't want to have children?" she retorted, her eyes rolling once more in exasperation. It was infuriating to try and reason with individuals who clung stubbornly to outdated beliefs. Harper had noticed that the purebloods in their school tended to exhibit this kind of behavior more prominently, and she quickly concluded that Jakob was one of them. There seemed to be no reaching people like him, firmly rooted in the traditions of the old world.
Harper Goodrum
Harper Goodrum

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top