lost in thought
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

lost in thought Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

lost in thought

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

lost in thought Empty lost in thought

Post by Harper Goodrum Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:52 pm

Harper found herself lost in thought as she wandered the winding halls of the castle, replaying her recent meeting with Ciara in her mind. Her head was down, eyes fixed on the floor as she absentmindedly trailed her hand along the rough, stone wall. Despite the silence, a small smile danced at the corners of her lips as she pondered when she might next see the intriguing girl - surely fate would bring them together again, given the castle's limited confines.

Dressed for her day of classes, Harper wore a pair of sharp slacks paired with a crisp white button-down shirt and a cozy sweater vest. Her mop of curly hair was as unruly as ever, but she didn't mind - it was tucked under her trusty beanie, a constant companion that had become something of a signature for her.
Harper Goodrum
Harper Goodrum

Number of posts : 71

Back to top Go down

lost in thought Empty Re: lost in thought

Post by Jakob Sallow Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:51 pm

Jakob had been running late for class after sleeping the morning away. He didn't have a good knack for time unless it was something that could end up benefitting him in the long run. He was dressed in his Slytherin robe, pants, and the nicest pair of dragon hide dress shoes that he could find. His hands in his pockets as he walked down the hallway, and spotted someone from Gryffindor with a smile.

"Going someplace, Goodrum?" he said. Walking up to the girl, he let out a smile. "You still wearing that beanie? Don't you think it's a little too warm for it?" he asked kindly. People should wear certain things in certain kinds of weather.

@Harper Goodrum
Jakob Sallow
Jakob Sallow

Number of posts : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Goodrum Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:29 pm

As Harper was lost in her thoughts, a voice suddenly interrupted her. She turned her head to the side and saw someone approaching her. "Hey," she greeted absentmindedly, tilting her chin up in acknowledgement. She noticed the person's traditional school uniform and couldn't help but smirk.

"Always, it has nothing to do with warmth," she responded, her eyes glinting with amusement. It was clear that she was used to witty banter and wasn't afraid to dish it out.

Harper took a closer look at the person standing before her and couldn't resist a teasing remark. "Are you trying to be the teacher's pet?" she asked, raising an eyebrow in amusement. It was hard to miss the person's prim and proper appearance, which seemed to suggest an eagerness to please the professors.
Harper Goodrum
Harper Goodrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakob Sallow Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:51 am

Jakob was the farthest thing from a teacher's pet. He hated school and didn't see much of a use in it. Although he cared deeply about trying to keep an appearance. He listened to Harper speak and let out a smirk. "So you like making a statement? You know it's sometimes better to respect how things are." he said with a shrug. Even though he was the biggest with trying to clear away from his families values and such.

"I hate school and teacher's pets need to like school." he said with a laugh. "This place is pointless."

@Harper Goodrum
Jakob Sallow
Jakob Sallow

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Goodrum Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:23 am

Harper shrugged her shoulders, a hint of defiance in her expression. "I like it," she responded with an eye roll, "Individualization helps us stand out from the swarm of worker bees around here." She knew that he wasn't entirely wrong. There were many things around the castle that seemed completely pointless, like the uniforms, all black, dark, drab, and boring. Standing next to her brothers, who were all in uniform, they would have looked like the perfect family. Her mother pretended that they were, but Harpe knew the truth. She valued her independence and didn't want to blend in with the crowd. she is a nonconformist who values individuality and doesn't want to be just another face in the crowd.
Harper Goodrum
Harper Goodrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakob Sallow Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:34 pm

Jakob nodded he supposed that if this was her thing who was he too judge. He had crossed his arms and leaned up against the wall and he said. “Why do you like it so much? Does it give you some kind of adrenaline rush?” he asked with a little bit of curiosity. “I know I like reading about Curses and what they do to people.” he said with a lot of confidence.
Jakob Sallow
Jakob Sallow

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Goodrum Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:53 pm

Harper looked over at Jakob narrowing her eyes, “Why do you like quidditch?” she asked in response to his question. “Does it give you some kind of adrenaline rush? Bring you joy?” she shook her head of course the Slytherin would like to study the dark arts. "And why would you find that so interesting?"
Harper Goodrum
Harper Goodrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakob Sallow Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:48 pm

Jakob felt that playing Quidditch was something he found a lot of joy with. "I play Quidditch. because it's a good way for me to let my anger out, and being in the air feels so good." he said with a shrug. "At least Quidditch could end up one day getting me a career of some sort, can making a stand get you a career?" asked Jakob. Rebellions weren't exactly the best kind of career for someone to consider going into when it's easier to conform.
Jakob Sallow
Jakob Sallow

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Goodrum Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:18 pm

Harper's eyes rolled in exasperation as she responded to the boy, "I'm not trying to make a statement. I'm simply being true to myself, and that may very well lead to a successful career. It's about embracing individuality and standing out from the crowd."

Attempting to clarify her point further, she continued, "Imagine you were faced with a choice between three girls, all of whom had dark hair and dark eyes, were equally friendly, and shared common interests. How would you decide which one to spend time with?"
Harper Goodrum
Harper Goodrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakob Sallow Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:22 pm

Jakob didn't have an answer to that question, since he probably wouldn't choose any. He didn't like having to choose when it came to girls, and he just shrugged. "I don't like being made to choose." he said. The male had a very one tracked mind and it involved him being a total doochebag at times.

"What kind of career you want?" asked Jakob.
Jakob Sallow
Jakob Sallow

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top