This might not go well
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

This might not go well Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

This might not go well

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This might not go well Empty This might not go well

Post by Alexander Greengrass Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:13 pm

As Alex entered the Great Hall for lunch, he couldn't shake off the weight of Lily and Michelle's words. They had been right, and he knew it. His eyes roamed over the four tables, lingering on the Slytherin one before finding Lily at the Gryffindor table. He let out a frustrated sigh, feeling the urge to talk to her but unsure of how to approach her.

With a determined stride, he made his way towards the Hufflepuff table, his eyes occasionally darting over to Lily. He took a deep breath, steeling himself as he caught Maddison's attention. "Kane," he said, trying to sound confident and assertive.

Maddison's heart raced as she heard a voice from behind, causing the hair on the back of her neck to stand up. Slowly turning around, she found herself face to face with Alexander. It had been a while since she had last seen him, and the yellow tinge from the healing bruise on his face was still visible.

With a furrowed brow, Maddison fixed her gaze on Alexander and asked, "What do you want, Greengrass?" Her eyes narrowed, showing a hint of suspicion as she tried to figure out his intentions.
Alexander Greengrass
Alexander Greengrass
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 779

Back to top Go down

This might not go well Empty Re: This might not go well

Post by Jack Dyllan Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:37 pm

Lily Potter was doing what she did best, minding her own business, when she felt eyes on her. It was a familiar sensation but one that never became comfortable and try as she might she could not shake it off. Finally she glanced up.

Cool. Him.

She dropped her gaze, trying to force herself to care about the conversation happening between two third years across from her. But again... that feeling... She glanced up.

And felt her blood run cold.

What was Alexander doing talking to Maddie?

And... what was Jack Dyllan doing sitting at the Hufflepuff table?

- - -

Nilsa always let Jack borrow her notes.

Okay, she didn't always. But usually if Jack asked enough, Nilsa would give up and shove them her way.

Jack's History of Magic exam was directly after lunch and was bound to be a disaster if she didn't get emergency help. Which was where her fourth favorite Hufflepuff came into play.

Nilsa sighed but was suddenly distracted, glancing across her at Maddie Kane who had just been approached by some Slytherin bloke.

"Nilsa, about those notes..."

Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Greengrass Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:49 pm

Alex looked at Maddison, trying to gather the courage to say what he had come over to tell her. He glanced over his shoulder before turning back to her. "I've been told that I was acting like a jackass," he began, shifting uneasily from one foot to the other. "But hey, at least I got you that boyfriend of yours," he added, letting out a forced chuckle.

Maddison's expression turned icy as he continued. "You also humiliated me in front of everyone, including him. You even assisted in breaking my wrist before almost stepping on my face," she bit out at him, her voice laced with anger.

Alex flinched at her words, realizing how much he had hurt her. "I know, that's what I'm talking about. Jackass," he said, his voice sincere. "So are we all good now," he added, hoping that Maddison would give him a chance to make amends.

No, now get away from me, Greengrass." Maddison spat out in response.
Alexander Greengrass
Alexander Greengrass
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Dyllan Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:54 pm

Lily could see tempers rising and she glanced towards the staff table. Teddy was deep in conversation with the caretaker and had not yet noticed...

Jack had though. Hard not to, with it all unfolding in front of you. The nearby Hufflepuffs had hushed, watching on with a mix of curiosity and concern. Nilsa glanced at the boy next to her and Jack, even as out of the loop as she was, could tell this was some sort of culmination of a story she had not been present for.

"None of that sounded much like an apology, mate," Jack said, leaning forward and cocking her head, flashing a brief wolfish grin.

Maddie told him to leave and after a brief pause, Jack added for good measure, "No need to wait for a written invitation, get moving."

Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Greengrass Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:16 pm

Frustration clouded Alex's judgment as he ignored the girls who had spoken to him, placing his hand on Maddison's shoulder to get her to turn back around and look at him. "No," he said firmly, his frustration evident. "I can't do it. Not until you're cool."

Maddison was taken aback by his response and quickly moved to stand in front of him. "Yes, you can," she said firmly. "You already admitted that you were a jackass, but I'm not willing to forgive and forget, especially without a real apology."

Alex sighed, realizing that he had messed up big time. "You're right," he said, his voice tinged with regret. "I'm sorry for everything I've done to you. I shouldn't have treated you the way I did, and I'm willing to make it up to you. Just give me a chance."
Alexander Greengrass
Alexander Greengrass
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:21 pm

Christy had headed into the great hall with notes for Jack for their History of Magic exam. She had tried the best she could to condense them into just the high points for the exam for her, and hoped they would at least help. Seeing what was going on, she cautiously walked over to Jack and the group.

"Everything alright?" She asked curious, feeling the tension between them all. Hearing Jack tell the Slytherin to get moving she sighed, "I think we heard her loud and clear, she doesn't want you near her."
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 4350
Special Abilities : Seer, Legilimens

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciara McGee Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:28 pm

Ciara sighed and just watched things to go on here. To be honest she never really had never really misunderstandings with Alex but she saw how much drama that boy had caused to her friends. She took a deep breath.

"Maddie, isn't here only person you need to aplogise. There is few others who you did hurt with your actions. And sorry doesn't do much. You need to show you mean it. Rather than just saying it," she said to the boy. "Sorry, doesn't fix the harm you did," she added.
Ciara McGee
Ciara McGee
Fourth Year Hufflepuff
Fourth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Greengrass Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:49 pm

Maddison rolled her eyes at Alex, refusing to believe that he meant what he had said. "No," she repeated firmly, daring him to touch her again. Despite the other girls around her, she felt as if it was just her and Alex. She couldn't let others fight her battles anymore.

"No one asked you, McGee," he spat at Cia before turning his attention back to Maddison. His eyes locked onto hers as he spoke, making her feel uncomfortable and uneasy.

But then he did it again. He used the name that Mason called her, and it made her blood boil with anger. "We've all told you to leave. That's four of us," she said, her tone even but harsh. "And don't call me that."

"Come on Mads," Alex continued to challenge her, his tone mocking and condescending. Maddison had had enough. She balled up her fist and pulled it back, hitting him with all the strength she could muster. Her knuckles connected with his jaw, causing him to stumble back.
Alexander Greengrass
Alexander Greengrass
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Dyllan Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:54 pm

Who would have thought it'd be a Hufflepuff throwing the first punch.

Jack had watched in surprise (and mild amusement) as the other girls rallied around Maddie, young women Jack might have once pinned as more concerned with sticking to the rules than sticking up for themselves. Jack was used to being the force of violent justice, she had no idea there were others.

But the second it had happened, Jack sprung into action. She stood and slid across the table, grabbing Alex by the middle and charging forward to put distance between him and Maddie. Not for his sake, of course. But if she was following right, the boy had no problem hitting back so she thought it was best to push him as far away as she could.

Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Greengrass Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:20 pm

Alex was caught off guard when Jack ran into him, causing him to stumble backward. For a moment, he was disoriented and unable to react, but as soon as he regained his composure, a surge of anger welled up within him.

He turned his attention towards Maddison, who had been the cause of his altercation with Jack. His voice was low and menacing as he spoke, "You foolish little tramp. You strut around like you're invincible, yet you can't even own up to the fact that you enjoyed it."

Alex tried to take a few steps closer to Maddison Jack being the only thing to stop him, his eyes narrowed with contempt. He could feel the heat of his anger rising, making his pulse quicken and his fists clenched.
Alexander Greengrass
Alexander Greengrass
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum