A Birth day - Page 52
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 52 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 52 of 100 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 76 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 52 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 04, 2023 9:41 pm

"That's fine," Angus said. If Jessie wanted to pick up the boys, Angus had no objection. "I think they have a bit of a taste of what it's like in the couple of skirmishes they've either seen or been involved in, but they have a lot of skills they need to learn. With Tom Gelding being, basically, a stepfather to them, I don't want them to not be prepared. Even if they change their minds and do something else with their lives, I want them to be able to protect themselves."

"I think that's very wise," Robert said. The girls listened to Ruby's concerns about water temperature, and they nodded and dashed off.

"Anise is missing the fun," Angus said.

"I think she's actually probably enjoying every moment she can get with Edward and Jessie and Sergio and Ana," Robert said. "It isn't the same fun that the girls are having here, but I think she's soaking up every little thing they can teach her."

"Ana will be a good role model for her. It isn't all that common, I don't think, to find a woman who truly understands the differences between male and female biology and how those differences can be used to a woman's advantage in a fight. Ana embraces all of that, and that makes her an absolutely lethal force if she needs to be. Anise could learn a lot from Ana."

"And as hungry as Anise is to learn, she may come home with a new move or two," Robert smiled. "If I send all the kids to Colorado at the same time, your house is going to be very empty again."

"That's okay. It's for a good cause," Angus replied.

"Well, okay, I think if you behave your incision may hold for a bit. I think Nigel and I can leave you on your own for a bit. If you run into any trouble, send straight away for me or for Nigel. More pain, more bleeding, any fever, any change from what you're feeling now, and you send for me. I'll be back in plenty of time to make sure you have more pain medication. I do not want you on your feet yet, so read, or rest or something, but no horseplay."

"Ok," Angus agreed.

"We'll be back later," Robert said, and he and Nigel left.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22561
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu May 04, 2023 9:48 pm

Ruby rocked Caprice as she walked and listened to Robert talking to Angus " I agree" she said softly then chuckled at Roberts words about Anise " shes like Angus said probably totaly enjoying herself, those girls a totaly different." she said to Robert as he checked Angus again then spoke " He won't move a muscle while Im here, if he needs anythng all he has to do is ask" she said smiling to Angus.

She watched him and Nigel leave and sat down with Caprice " so anything you need?" she asked placing Caprice on the play mat infront of her.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4091

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 04, 2023 9:59 pm

"I can't think of a thing I need," Angus told her, "but thank you anyway. What you could do is to take a look in our overpacked fridge and see what we need to use up first. We can do some menu planning so that we are using the fresh foods wisely. Simone said that they've pack both our fridges as full as they could get them. That means we need to put a real emphasis on using our fresh things first. I don't what's in there or whether what's in ours is the same as what's in Edward's, so I can't do any menu planning. If you could do that, I can give you a good menu of what to fix for the next few days to feed everyone. It's nice that Zoe and Nicky cooked for us, but we really don't want to waste food either.

"And in the meantime, I'll work on a sketch for the addition of a bathroom in the basement. I'd like to add a storage room down there for things we're not using, and maybe some sort of a recreation room to keep the kids busy. They're at the age where hanging out with us is neither fun or cool either one."

He accio'd his sketch book and his sketching pencils so that if he got any ideas, he could try to draw them out.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu May 04, 2023 10:03 pm

Ruby smiled and nodded at his sugestion of going threw the fridge to discovr what they had to use. Standing up she moved to the fridge and took a pad with a pen and began writing a list of the things in it. Once the fridge was done she moved to the freezer and did the same. Now with list in hand she walked over to Angus " okay heres a complete list and amoutn of everything in our fridge , I was thinking I would go and check Edwards incase we can move some of what we have to theirs." she sugested seeing a pigmy puff roll from under the sofa.

Catching it she placed it into a holder with two other and walked back to Angus chucklaing as she shook her ehd " we'll be finding those for days." she said
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 04, 2023 10:19 pm

"When the girls come back from swimming, I'll have them round up those little rascals and take them back," Angus said. "I forgot they were here. Yes, do please get a list of what's in Edward's fridge. If Evan wasn't here, it would just be the two of them over there, and they'd never eat all that before it would go bad. This list is a start but lets see what they have too.

"I see there are two nice big pork rib roasts in our fridge. If there is perhaps one more over at Edward's we could do something similar to a pot roast but we could use pork instead of beef. Done right, it's absolutely delicious. Looks like we have a good variety of root vegetables that we could put into the roaster. I'd probably do it in two big roasters to do enough to feed everyone. That would take care of supper.

"And it also looks like you've got a lot of different sorts of lettuces and vegetables. I would do a large salad with mixed greens, tomatoes, carrots, radishes, that sort of thing, and add some diced chicken, some hard boiled egg and cheese, some croutons, and make one big lunch salad. Those are called Chef Salads in America because they're designed to be a whole meal in one salad. Now they're adding fruit to them too, like peach slices, or mandarin orange slices, or berries. I would do that with perhaps some savory biscuits alongside. Or, you could take some of the bagels they put in our fridge and lay them down on the counter, slice them thinly and horizontally and then bake them in the oven and make bagel crisps out of them. They're good with a really sharp cheddar cheese spread. But that's just off the top of my head."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu May 04, 2023 10:24 pm

Ruby listened to Angus and noted his instructions about the supper and otehr dishes " all right I'll get on those once I have inventoried Edwards fridge " she said " but you will have to look after Caprice" she said picking her up andsetting her next to Angus on the recliner. " right that fridge." she said and picked up her pad again to walk into Edwrads. While there she did the same and found the other big pork rib roasts and took them out to take them back to her side.

Now with list and ribs in hand she headed back " okay I found two big pork rib roasts in Edwards firdge , Im going to do that pot roast you sugested using your recipy cards with a large salad as a side" she said placing the second list on his knee and moving to their kitchen to take out and start the pot roast.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 04, 2023 10:51 pm

"Now, remember, pot roast has to braise for several hours. It won't be ready at noon for lunch. That will work for supper, but people may want something for lunch at noon too. I suppose you could do something simple like toasted cheese sandwiches or something. We could ask Simone and Tara to put their heads together for some sort of dessert to serve with tonight's supper," he told her.

He didn't mind watching the baby but no baby was going to have much of an attention span. They couldn't focus on things for more than a minute or two at best. He clearly wasn't a good choice as a sitter in his current situation, and he knew it. It only took him ten or fifteen minutes to run through every peek a boo game and other distraction he could think of. He accio'd the mat for her, and was trying stand to put her on the mat when Marcus returned.

Marcus hurried and put one strong arm under Angus's good shoulder to keep him from falling.

"Sit," Marcus said. "I'll get it. How about we put her down for a nap? Don't you have a lounging pillow for her?"

"I don't know," Angus sighed, frustrated that he couldn't do more with her like he wanted. "When I ordered all that stuff to freak out Suzanne, I wasn't even paying attention to half the stuff I ordered." Marcus laughed.

"Alright. I'll go look upstairs. Can you hold her for just another moment? I'll be back," Marcus said. He went upstairs, rooted around in the baby things for a moment and came back carrying a flowered rectangular pillow.

"Paydirt," Marcus grinned. "You have all kinds of stuff I'm sure you didn't know you had."

"What's that thing?"

"Watch. See how the center looks like it has a sinkhole in it? That's the whole thing right there. We want that." Marcus laid the pillow on the floor, and then he laid the baby down in the center of it. The pillow came up around the baby so she wasn't going to roll out of it and get hurt. "See? She's safe, and you aren't going to blow your stitches trying to rescue her. Give her a minute to fuss, and she'll be out like a light. Fussy baby problem solved."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu May 04, 2023 10:57 pm

Ruby heard Angus and nodded " okay, I can do that" she said then saw him try and get up but also saw Marcus enter and head over to him " sorry I should have took her back , but I wanted to get the roast started, didn't think she'd be this fussy." she said then heard Marcus mention the lounging pillow, even she didn't know what it was until he returned with a doughnut shaped pillow " wow , thats neat" she said and smiled seeing Caprice snuggly cradled in it.

" okay so toasted cheese sandwiches for dinner with a light salad if they want, Pot roasts is simmering" she said as she started on the vegtables to get them ready for roasting in the pan. Ruby kept glancing over at Caprice as she fussed but soon she saw her fall asleep and she relaxed making two cups of tea sending them over to Marcus and Angus " thought you could use these." she said
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 04, 2023 11:34 pm

"Saves having to go all the way upstairs to put her in the crib," Marcus said. "She's right here, and you know, most of the time they don't sleep all that long anyway."

"Sorry," Angus said. "I shouldn't let it frustrate me either." He and Marcus plucked the tea mugs out of the air. "Thank you."

"I don't think it really was Caprice that you were frustrated with. You're annoyed because you can't do all the things you want to do."

"I am very annoyed with that," Angus admitted.

"So, enjoy your tea and work on your sketches and then on your menu plans," Marcus told him.

"Well,' I think I know what I would like to see in that basement bathroom. A room without windows can be a real dungeon, and Ginger has already seen too much of that. I want her to be able to focus on ow relaxing the space is, and not that there are no windows," Angus said. "He knew what that sort of torture could do, and he wanted to get as far away from her past trauma as he could make the room.

He worked on the sketch until he had it done the way he wanted it. The room would be painted periwinkle so it would be able to carry accents in blue and purple. He wanted it to look luxurious and spacious and light, and he knew the shades of blue and purple would be relaxing and calming.

For the rec room, he went entirely the other way. He did a big comfortable space that was loaded with bright colors, chunky deep furniture, a mini fridge. shelves for snack and games, fun accent lighting and lots of things to do. it was a rough sketch, but he wanted not only for it to be a place for Anise and Ginger but also for Sam and Vincent.

When he had the sketches done, he sent them over to Ruby to look at.

"What do you think?" he asked. "Do you have different ideas?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu May 04, 2023 11:40 pm

Ruby listened to Marcus and could not disagree but she understood and so said nothing but continued to cut the vegetables. When she saw the sketch book float over she wiped her hands and took it from where it floated "Oh I think these are perfect" she said walking over to him " I also think the girls will love these rooms as well as the boys too what with those colours" she told him as she handed him back the sketch book.

Sitting close she looked at him " so do you want me to message the workers to coem over and start on the rooms or maybe Yu and Jack?" she asked doughting he'd want Jack any where close but Yu could do the work on his own or know men who he could rely on to do it.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 52 of 100 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 76 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top