LONDON CALLING - Page 88
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 88 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 88 of 100 Previous  1 ... 45 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 94 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 88 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:21 am

Jack and Jess moved to teh breifing room, both moved Ruby with them to it as she ahd returned from the garden. Listening tehy knew what they had to do. Jess looked at Ruby " hes right, Iheard him earlier, get your shit together and ether join us or stay out the way in both respects" she told her Jack nodded and moved with the group to ready them selves for the final push to recover the children. Ruby stood stock still as she watche the others ready them selves. Now in auto mode she readied her self as if she was going on a training mission.

"we're ready Robert , just say when" Jess said as Jack took her hand  Ruby looked at Robert she didn't move just waited for him to give them the go to clear out the wear house of children. She was focused on doing her part. Jess walked over to her. "stay beside Jack, do everything he says,if he says move you move, got that?" she said Ruby nodded she understood " good and always remember this is not trainning , this is the real thing and you can be hurt" Ruby glanced at the captains quaters but was blosked by Jack .

"head in the game" he said and she refocused her self looking to Robert.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4198

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:34 am

"Kate?" Robert looked at her.

"I'm good," she told Robert.

"She's with Lee and me," Michael told Robert. "We're fine." Robert nodded.

"If you need me, I'll be out with you," Robert said. "Stay in touch, do not separate and let yourselves be caught alone. Your personal safety is always number one, and the kids follow closely behind at number 2, if you have to make a choice. But they're why we do any of this. Get them here as fast as you can. If you can drop some off and go back out, then do so, but no sloppy work. Alright, All. Let's go. Go get the kids."

He went to the captain's quarters to check on Angus and found Angus was trying to right himself. He was awake, but he was seriously dragging now.

"I'm here," Robert told him. "Perhaps you need to just watch and let yourself see the results of the good work you've done all day commanding the whole organization to be ready for this moment. They're out to bring the kids back. Now what we do is wait. Have you eaten today?"

"Can't," Angus said, his fatigue causing him some severe nausea. Robert reached over and touched his forehead and boosted Angus's energies a bit and reduced his nausea.

"Andrew, bring him even half a sandwich. He can't go all day. It's part of what's causing his drain. I've got the mission. You take care of him. I'm going to take a walk through the house to make sure that Simone and Nigel and some of the upstairs women are ready for these kids." Robert went to walk through the house to double check that all was ready. Andrew brought Angus half a sandwich and a glass of lemonade, figuring that perhaps a bit of a sugar lift from the lemonade might help.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:54 am

Jack took hold of Rubys hand and he and Ruby ported to the wear house. moving quietly he opened cages quickly and ushered the kids out . " okay all line up and hold hands" he said " this is agame we play" he told them picking up the amaller ones Ruby picked up a toddler no older than Abby and held he close " okay you holding tight" he said softly but a gaurd passed close by all the children stayed quiet as Ruby and him checked ther hands " now do not let go." he ported them back to the safe house and handed them the bars to eat He poked ruby to do the same. " allright back we go" he said and they returned four more times " Robert theres at least twent more still in the wear house " he told him as five men walked over and two women " follow me, Ruby hold tight" she did exactly as he had asked for and together they managed to get them all out , only two remained but a gaurd watched them, slowly Jack signled sh was to watch only, he moved quitly to behind the man and grasped him around his neck so he made no noise dragging him out of the sight of the kids he snapped his neck then walked back, Ruby looked at the shilden one girl having blond hair like Abby made her freeze in her steps" Ruby come on we have to be quick" Jack said snapping her out of her thoughts and back to what she had to so, grabbing hold she ported two to the wear house shere Jack had the rest clinging all over him. " okay okay all off" he sid and they let go of him except for one little boy who clung to his leg " okay time to get some food and a rest" he looked at Ruby who stood shell shocked at all the children around them " this is what we do, you still want to go in the feild?" hea sked and she shrugged her shoulders Jack laughed " go let Robert know we got them all and some info too" he handed her a folder and motioned to the captains room.

Walking over she knocked on the door and waited for some one to say she could enter. " Jack told me to bring the report , all the children gt out un harmed , some are malnurished and dirty but other than scrapped knees nothing big." She looked over brifly at Angus and saw how disheveled he looked and kept her eyes down at the floor. " he also said to give you this intel they recovered too" she held out the envalope then moved to place it on a low table before letting her hand reatch to touch his hand ever so slightly befoe she moved to the door way.

"I'm sorry, I'll be out side if you need me, I understand what you mean now." she said and closed the door behind her as she then stood waiting. She wasn't sure if she was right but she felt she had to do her penance to make her opologies to Angus for her behaviour earlier, but one thing she did know was that she was definalty not ready for feild work. Jack had shown her that with how quickly he'd gathered the children and got them out.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:09 am

Kate and Michael and Lee had taken on one of the warehouses in a different neighborhood, and they had found 12 children there, ages 8 and below. with one infant and two toddlers, no older than about a year and a half. They got the older kids to help lead out the older toddlers.

Ruby came in and handed him an envelope of intel.

"Thanks, Ru," he told her quietly, hampered by fatigue now more than anything else, and he watched her leave again.

Robert had encouraged Angus to go out to the foyer to help welcome the kids and help control them as they came in. The workers were also there to help take the kids from the field agents and to start to get them to whatever it was they needed the most. When Michael came in carrying a baby and an 18 month old he handed them both to Angus.

"Here. They're all yours. They dont speak English, and I'm not doing it," Michael said putting the toddler on one of Angus's knees and handing over the baby in not the best possible way to hand off an infant. It made Angus laugh at how awkward Michael was with the baby. Michael, for all his other knowledge, was clueless with babies. And before he knew it, someone else had put the other 18 month old on his other knee. So now he had three tiny kids on his lap.

"Here. I'll be back," Simone said hurriedly. She shoved two juice boxes and a bottle at Angus, scooped up four of the older kids and ushered them to the dining room for food. Angus managed to get the juice boxes to the older kids and started to feed the bottle to the baby, all while he was talking to what felt like every other kid that was coming through the door. Even Andrew found himself scooping up kids as fast as he could manage and rushing them to wherever they needed to go, Kate and Michael and Lee went back out to help get kids out of the other warehouses.

"Somebody get Ruby back in here to help get kids going where they need to be," Robert ordered.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:22 am

Jck heard Robert and moevd to find Ruby he found hr helping to dress some of the younger children in clean clothes " Robert wants you in the captains quaters " he told her taking a two year old half naked boy from her " diper and trosuers " she sAid before moving to the room and looking at the children all over Angus "c'est bon, quel est ton nom?" she asked getting their names as the children filed in and writing them down one girl stood still not saying a word untill she got down to her level and smiled "c'est bon, quel est ton nom?" she asked the girl moved closer to her "son tour d'avril Je l'aime" Ruby looked at Angus and nodded " she said she likes you" she said to him "j'en fais trop." she smiled to her as she giggled and ran back out.

Each child gave their name and she wrote it down untill the last child who could talk walked in. she turned and took the baby from Angus. " that was the last child only the babys left , not sure how you identify them." Jess walked in with a pad and several peices of paper. " oh foot prints" she said as Jess prressed the foot to the pad then the paper as she then wiped the ink off the babys foot. Handing teh baby to one of the helpers she picked up one of the toddlers but he squirmed , Ruby started to hum a soft lulaby and he setted alowing Jess to take the foot print.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:00 pm

"How many did we get this time?" Angus asked Robert quietly, starting to feel the severe drain now. Robert was going to make sure every single team member know how very proud he was of them.

"Fifty two," Robert told him, laying an affectionate hand on Angus's shoulder. "Well done, Angus."

"My God," Angus said. "That's the biggest roundup he's ever done. Did we lose any? Did we leave any behind?"

"No," Robert said. He looked at Angus, and he smiled. "I don't know when I've been more proud of this organization and of you. I'll make sure everyone knows how proud I am of each of them, but I am very proud of you. We could not have done any raid like that without you. That was your training, your knowledge of Gelding, your experience that gave us the ability to get every single one of them back. You were able to spot his pattern, use his history, and direct us to right where we needed to be to clean him out. He didn't make one sale. He didn't have anything to sell. We didn't miss one kid. This organization would have been lost without you tonight. None of them had any injuries more than some cuts and bruises. They're being bathed and fed, and we'll soon have them into bed for the night. You and I will talk after we've both had some sleep. I'll have all the numbers for you no later than lunch time."

"We're going to have work for a week," Angus said, knowing the next phase could be as painful, when they started to look to see what kids could return home--the ones who had parents that wanted them back, and the handful that wouldn't be able to return home--the ones who's parents had decided to chose the money instead of their child. They couldn't risk those children being sent back into this system again. Those children would have to be placed elsewhere.

Robert was still working on trying to find someplace where those kids could be longer term. It had come up in conversation before that they needed a farm or a ranch or a property far away from Gelding's reach where those kids who could not go home could live in peace and perhaps find forever families that would love them and raise them as their own.

"What time is it?"

"9:45," Robert said. "Simone has fixed a late night supper for everyone here. She's setting it up in the dining room now. You should grab a bite and then go home and get some sleep. I know you're tired. I want Andrew to soon take you home. I honestly don't know where Ruby's head is. I haven't talked to her since the raid started, but..."

"I'm going to see if it's okay with Edward if I go there tonight just long enough to get some sleep," Angus said. "I know she and I need to talk, but I honestly can't do it any more tonight. I don't have any energy left for that."

"Fair enough," Robert said. "I'll find Edward for you. Don't forget you have your room at the main house too."

"I know," Angus said. Robert found Edward and brought him. Angus and Edward spoke very quietly for a moment. Edward hadn't been blind. He had seen the little squabble that Angus and Ruby had had. He didn't know all the specifics, and he intended to stay out of it. But, of course, Angus was always welcome to be with Edward. They arranged it that Andrew would take Angus to Edward's, to the spare room, and get him settled for the night but that Andrew would then return to his own room at Angus's so that Ruby wouldn't be alone. Angus wrote Ruby a very short note.

"Ru, I know we need to talk, but I really am clapped out tonight. I really can't do any more. I'm going just next door to Edward's, and I'll be back home for breakfast. We'll talk in the morning. Sleep well. A."

"I'll give it to her," Edward said. "Andrew, take him home and stay closeby him until Simone or I get there if Lee's men are no longer there. If they're there, you could go to bed yourself."

"Understood," Andrew said. Andrew had Angus just hold tight to his chair, and Andrew ported himself and Angus home. Andrew took him upstairs to the guest room, took his shoes and his shirt and transfigured his jeans to pajama bottoms. He helped Angus to bed, and Angus sank into a deep, tired sleep almost instantly.

Edward went to find Ruby.

"Ruby, Angus is beyond exhausted," Edward said. "I had Andrew take him home. He wanted me to give you this. So you know, I take no sides. Every couple has issues from time to time, and you'll work through this. I'm not worried. He's not giving up on your relationship, but he just can't do any more tonight. He's only gone to my place just to get a little sleep." He handed her the note. "Andrew's going to his room at your place once he helps Angus to bed. If you need something, let us know."

"Everyone, could I have your attention for one moment, please?" Robert called them. "I just wanted to say thank you. Thank you for all your dedication and your hard work tonight. This is the biggest scale rescue we have ever done, and so far, our initial numbers say we've rescued the biggest number of kids that we've ever had. We took 52 children out of Gelding's reach tonight, no major injuries, no loss of life. All the kids are being well tended. It'll take us awhile to get them either back to their families or in another safe setting. I've had Andrew take our mission commander home for the night. Simone and Ruby have some truly delicious food hot and ready in the dining room, so go have yourselves a great late supper, and then feel free to head home to bed yourselves. For those of you who haven't met our newest members, welcome aboard to Sergio and Ana Dalca from Romania. They rescued 9 children from the north eastern warehouse. Well done, and thank you, Sergio and Ana. Oh, and since we're up late, enjoy a bit of a lie in tomorrow and take the day from working out and training if you like. You all have more than earned it. Keep your eyes sharp over the next few days and keep all your protection grids intact. Thomas Gelding is going to be absolutely livid that not only did we foil his plan to make a lot of fast cash, he didn't make a cent, and probably lost a good deal of cash, if we add in all it cost him to try to run his operation. If he can strike out at any of us, he will. He's impulsive that way. So be careful. I'm going to get something to eat and then I'm going home for some sleep myself. So thanks once again and goodnight."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:15 pm

Ruby was helping the smaller children dress an eat, she'd just finished the latest child when Edward walked over to them, Setting her down she looked up at him from the chair she was sat in. she saw him hold out the note and she took it , reading it she sighed and nodded at Edwards words " all right and Edward, I'm not giving up on Angus ether." she paused and looked down at the note " he's done a lot not just for us, I realize that now, im staying here for a while, there's still lots of children that need cleaning and feeding, Jess said she's staying, so when she leaves I'll head home but to the main house, I can't sleep in our bed when hes not there" she tucked the note in her pocket. " I see all this and I've realized he sees this horror and dispair all the time, I should be greatful that I wasn't thrown to gelding when I was younger, but instead I shouted at the man who made me feel safe, wanted loved but instead I was ungreatful and wrong." she picked up a small boy and placed him on her knee " tell him to stay safe and, we'll be waiting for when he's home." she said with a smile as she took out a small tee shirt from a box beside her and placed it gently over the boys head.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:04 pm

Angus had slept like a corpse, as bothered as he was by the issues between him and Ruby, his own exhaustion had caused him to sink into a deep sleep. Edward had gotten up several times during the night to check on Angus. Even though Angus was far from a child, Edward's concern for him still moved him to get up and check on him, but the truth was that Angus hadn't moved a muscle all night. He was in the same position he'd fallen asleep in. When Edward and Simone got up for the day, Edward left a small bell and a note by Angus's bed, telling him to simply ring the bell and Edward would be happy to come and help him downstairs whenever Angus liked.

When 7 am had come and gone and Angus hadn't stirred yet, Edward sent pip with a note to Ruby and he'd sent a similar note over to Andrew.

"Angus hasn't moved a muscle yet," Edward's note read. "I'm not going to disturb him. He deserves a bit of a lie in this morning. I'm sure he'll let you know when he finally comes conscious."

It was actually nearly nine when Angus finally stirred. He had to look at the clock three times before it really registered that it was that late in the morning. Angus hadn't slept that late since he was a boy living with Edward in Tuscany. It took him a few minutes to even see Edward's note and the little bell, but he finally did, and he rang it. Edward poured Angus a mug of coffee and took it upstairs to him.

"Good morning," Edward said, sitting on the edge of the bed and handing him the coffee. "How did you sleep?"

"I must have slept alright. i don't remember a thing," Angus said, taking a sip of coffee. "You still make the best coffee. Thank you."

"You're welcome. How are you feeling?"

"I'm alright," Angus replied. "Things went well after I left?"

"They did," Edward said. "People ate a late supper and got the kids settled. I did give your note to Ruby. She stayed later, with Jess, to get the kids all completely settled. We talked for a moment. She was definitely remorseful last night. She realizes she was out of line. I think sending her out with Jack was exactly the right move. She saw far more than she expected to see, and I think it was a real wake up call for her."

"Well, perhaps Robert needs to send her out on more missions, then," Angus said. "Maybe she needs to know exactly what she's getting into instead of carping because she's not getting her own way."

"Still touchy, aren't you?"

"Oh, maybe a little. The words--those were just her being unhappy, although I really don't know what got into her. Don't know if I'll ever understand what demon possessed her last night. The thing that really unsettles me is the business with the knife. I couldn't raise a hand to her if someone put a gun to my head. They'd have to just kill me because I don't have it in me to hurt her. It wouldn't even enter my wildest nightmare to raise a weapon against her. But not only did it enter her head, but she tried it. That still blows my mind entirely. I didn't think she would ever do such a thing. That incident isn't a little thing with me. It's an enormous thing to me, and if it happens again, its a deal breaker. I can give her one pass on it, but I don't have it in me to give her two.

"It made me think I don't know her at all. I didn't think that I had any sort of line or boundary like that, that there was anything she could say or do that would make me think of ending things with her. But--maybe I was wrong. I'm not thinking of leaving her now either. But--if she ever does it again, Edward, I'm out. That's it. I will not live in violence like I did with Benjamin and Eileen, and I'll be damned if our children will live in it. That's just not going to happen. If she tries it once more with me or with our children, I'm out, and I'm taking the kids with me."

"It isn't a bad thing to want your kids to not have a violent home life. Nor is it a bad thing for you to want a violence free home either. You will have to make it clear to her. And you have to be willing to hear what she has to say about it. Try to listen with an open mind, and try to be willing to work for compromise. You have nine months to get this fixed before you have to worry about children. You have time. Use it well, and try to fix it before the baby arrives."

"How do I know I really have it fixed, though?"

"Well, she blew some of the trust you had in her last night, and she's going to have to work to earn it back by being a woman of her word. That piece is on her, so long as you're willing to give her a fighting chance. Trust isn't simply given. It's earned, and she's going to have to earn it again like she earned it before with you. As long as you don't close your mind or your heart to her, I'd say you both have a fighting chance of making this work."

"Can you call Andrew and tell him I really need to shower and dress?"

"I'll take you over myself. We'll just apparate, shall we?"

"Sure," Angus said. Edward took him next door, and Andrew helped him to shower and shave and dress. While he was doing that, Edward sent a note to tell Ruby that Angus was awake and dressing. When Angus was dressed, he rolled his chair out onto the back deck and Andrew brought him some fresh coffee. Angus wasn't hungry yet but the coffee certainly was welcome. As Angus took his first sips of his second cup of coffee, the clock inside chimed ten am.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:21 pm

Ruby had returned early that morning after making sure every child got brekfast , she hadn't slept knowing she would not sleep a wink with out him at her side. Receving the note she smiled and glanced over at teh duplex seeing movment she chose to wait and gibe him time to setle in. Showering she put her hair up in a bun and headed down to the kitchen to start lunch for every one as she knew it would take time. Slipping on an aperon she saw him sat out on the deck. 

Looking threw Angus's files she found a recipy for vegetarian lasagne taking out the recipy she gathered the ingridiants and began cooking. Once it was done she found a second of Herby fish fingers with Chinese-style rice having a feeling Abby might like it. She gathered the ingredients but found the coriander jar empty. Taking her basket she looked over to the herb garden and walked dover to it "Morning, you sleep well?" she asked as she knelt by the coriander plant and took a good handfull from it, but leaving enough so it would grow again. " the younger children all got breakfast this morning, Im going back this afternoon with some food for those still there and the workers." Standing she turned to walk back to the house " im sorry Angus, for how I reacted." she said her head down and her back to him befoe she stopped and walked back to the kitchen to continue cooking.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:38 pm

"I must have been truly whipped," he replied. "I don't remember a thing until I woke up at nine. The last time I slept that late, I was still a boy living in Tuscany with Edward. And I was actually in the same position I went to sleep in. I don't know if I've ever done that."

"I'm glad the kids all got breakfast. This is the piece of the job that the Paris crew does year round between missions. They'll scramble for the next couple weeks, investigating all the parents and what sort of home life each kid has. Most of the kids will go home to their parents some time in the next two or three weeks, but there are always a few that can't return home, and there are always a variety of reasons. We do have a handful of foster families, and Daphne does try to help us place some of the kids for adoptions. But--even so, just about any time you go to the Paris headquarters there are at least a few kids living there.
"I really would like to get them out of Paris to a place where they are less likely to have a run in with Gelding ever again. I mentioned to Robert last night that I thought we ought to look at opening a small center for kids at the Colorado ranch. There's more acreage there than there is here. We could build a center there, and Kieran and Fiona could run it until it grew large enough that we needed to staff it. Robert thought it was an idea worth discussing with Brian and Khaat and Kieran and Fiona."

He heard her apology. He believed her. He didn't really want to discuss it, but he knew they had to.

"Apology accepted," he said quietly. "We all get angry and lose our cool. That's understandable. I'm not sure where all of that was coming from for you last night, but maybe I don't need to know. I'm not giving up on us. However, I'm only going to say this once, but I can't do the violence, Ruby. As much as I love you, and as much as I want to spend my life with you and raise this child with you, any further violence towards me or our child? That's a definite deal breaker. It never once entered my head that you were capable of even thinking that towards me, let alone trying it. I don't understand where that came from at all, but it can't happen again."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 88 of 100 Previous  1 ... 45 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 94 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top