LONDON CALLING - Page 45
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 45 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 45 of 100 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 72 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 45 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:39 am

Ruby thought about it and he was right also it would settle her for the night knowing he was doing well. Moving to the stairs she walked up them and down teh corridor till she came to Angus's room , knocking she gently pushed open the door and smiled seeing Robert " hows he doing?" she asked moving in to sit next to him. "I thought I'd just come and see him before I got busy with biscets and reading" she told him leaning over she kissed Angus on the cheek with a smile.

Jess laughed at the mention of dogs " oh ours will be so happy to see their siblings again" she said as Jack groaned " oh come on just becuse you lost a few socks don't make them bag, admit it you love them too." she said and Jack laughed nodding his head.

"all right yes I do" he saisd " besides they keep the cats out the garden" he said grinning.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4198

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:02 am

"He's alright," Robert said softly. "He's really tired now. He's starting to doze off and on again. He's got a full stomach, so I think that helped relax him a little. And I've given him another dose of potion. Vital signs are the best they've been since Brian brought him, but I've been boosting them little by little all day. His temp has gone up just a trace, but fever does always go up at night, so I'm not concerned about that.

"You need to know he's going to have an issue with some weakness and some severe fatigue until we get his magical system regenerated and repaired, and, you know, from his shoulder that it takes time to do that. I really do think he's going to need to be on a leave from his job for awhile, and that means he's going to be probably at the duplex for a good portion of his time. I've been trying to point out the good thing in that is that you two will have more alone time in your new house than you anticipated you'd have, and that's not a bad thing for a relatively new couple like you two. But you're probably going to be running things far more than he will for awhile.

"I think we're going to see that he has energy in some relatively short bursts but when that's spent, then its going to be gone for awhile. I know him. He always has someplace to be and something to do. He's not going to be patient. And, he really, really doesn't want to put you in the position of having to nursemaid him. I've told him that you aren't going to care one jot about that, but he does not want to be a burden to you or anyone else. I think that's just how he thinks. He doesn't think for a moment about stepping in when someone else needs help but he certainly does hate needing help.

"I wouldn't get into any big discussions about it with him, but the more you can just sort of brush it off that it isn't worth being worried about, the more it will help him to put it in perspective. Frankly, if he's in his own home, in a comfortable chair with a book or taking a nap, that is so much better than what we could have been looking at. I told him I was quite sure you would gladly take him with his fatigue than where we might have been...."

Robert noticed immediately that Angus was waking and getting just a trifle restless, and he went over to him at once.

"What do you need?" Robert asked.

"Maybe just a little water," Angus said.

"Certainly," Robert said. "Ruby's here. Maybe she'd like to do that. I'll give you two just a moment." Robert stepped back to the doorway, not leaving the room, but getting out of Angus's line of eyesight so he could have a moment with Ruby. Robert wasn't leaving him until Nigel took over, but he didn't have an issue now with stepping back for moment.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:16 am

Ruby smiled and nodded " it dosn't bother me one bit Robert you know that." she said " I will be doing it for as long as we live" she said smiling. Seeing Angus stir she moved witb Robert picking up the glass beside the bed and held the straw as she offered it to him " okay, slow now" she said softly letting him take as much as he wanted before placing it back on the night stand next to him. " hey feel better, seems we'll be spending a lot of time together" she said " which I have to admit Im going to love" she chuckled " oh the plants have taken off good guns now, the fruits are producing lots of fruit and the tea plants we've already use some of the leaves to make tea, and let me tell you it was wonderful." she smiled at him " Michael made supper tonight with a sorbet that was super nice." she leaned over and brushed his hair off his face.

" I have to make some bucuits and I am almost threw that book Micahel lent me too so thats two down and one left before I move to a new subject, oh and I found out I can climb about two feet from the floor before I fall flat on my butt" she chukled and smiled down at him. "best of all is that I have a fiance who I love with all my heart and who I will do anything for." she lent over and gave him a kiss " don't ever forget , I love you" she told him "Okay I have to get to the kitchen and help Michael, please rest I'll come back in the morning, if you need anything let Robert know and I'll come running too." reluctant as she was she moved to the door and smiled at Robert then moved down to the kitchen again to start the fruit buscuits.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:30 am

"Thank you," he told her. "Yeah, Robert and Nigel have braced me that I might not be on my feet for very long at one time. Not that I'm not grateful. I am. But I am going to find that asshole, Ru. It might take me awhile, but when I find him, he's going to wish he never screwed with me. I want him, Ru. I can't let him get away with this."

Robert looked at Ruby as if to tell her that he would explain it to him that she and Edward was already on it. He was actually glad to see Angus now capable of connecting the dots enough to be a little angry.

"I had some of that sorbet," he told Ruby. "You're right. That was very nice. Sounds like you and Edward and Simone are getting along really well. I'm glad. If you want another book before you move on to another subject, you could check out Edward's book on werewolves. Mind you, it doesn't talk about all werewolves. it focuses on the dangerous kind that he hunts--like James. You might pick up a thing or two. There's a copy in this room somewhere. I just don't know where. Two feet, and then you're on your tail? You'll get it. Change up your exercises a bit. Focus on leg and core strength for a bit and then add in some exercises for upper body. You women are build to be able to build up lower body strength pretty easily, so start with what you've got. Then add the upper body strength to it. That won't be so easy for you."

When she kissed him, it made him smile.

"Ru, don't hang here all night. Either use a guest room here, or go over and stay in Edward and Simone's guest room tonight. You don't need to be alone."

"Abbey would be thrilled if Ruby spent the night on her windowseat bed," Robert said from the doorway. "Abbey thinks they're good sleepover buddies."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:40 am

Ruby smiled and nodded "I'll be close by and don't worry I wont, and yeah shes an angel and my sleeping buddy" she said chukaling " but Abbys like you a little run down still so might want some space tonight so I'll stay with simone and Edward in their spare for now, then when your home we can lay under that sky light and look at the stars and the milkyway again." she smiled seeing the book on the shelf she walked over to it " oh this one?" she showed him " thats a great idea, might let me know his weak parts , though I have one place in mind."

She looked at Robert when he had spoken of finding teh man who did that to him and saw the look on his face she knew he'd explain and didn't say any more about it. Walking over one more time she kised him again " you rest and recover my love, I'll be back in the morning with breakfast." she lightly kissed him one more time " sleep well" she moved out into the hallway and looked at Robert " he still dosn't know we found the man and are working on things?" she said softly.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:57 am

"Not yet," Robert replied as Angus's eyes fluttered shut. "I'm being a bit conservative about what I tell him, and, quite honestly, he hasn't been alert enough to care until after he had supper tonight. He's had three doses of the new potion so that could be helping him. He is starting to be less disoriented. He knows where he is now, and he's not afraid now that Redfern will get to him. I think that's helping him finally to start feeling safe. I'll fill him in as he's able. Edward seems to think that once we tell him that you and Edward are able to look out for him, Angus'll be a lot less concerned. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he slept straight through til morning now.

"The rash is starting already to fade on his neck, did you notice? It's not a huge change, but it is definitely a bit smaller. If Angus is out of danger tomorrow, I might tell him about Redfern, but I'll wait and see how he is first.

"I think its a good idea for you to stay with Edward tonight. Angus won't worry, then. And you know he's got two great looking spare bedrooms. I think Edward and Simone will also be relieved that you won't be alone. Get a good night's sleep, Ruby. It's been a long day. If you find you need a bit of a sleeping potion tonight, don't be afraid to take a dose of it with you to Edward's. If there's any change we'll let you know, but I don't anticipate anything. Sleep well, Ruby."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:06 am

Ruby nodded and sighed as he looked at the half asleep Angus " I agree, leave the details until he can handel it better." she heard him talk about staying at Edwrads and Simones and she nodded " yeah I'll do that , It feels wrong now sleeping on my own." she hoped Edwrad still had some sleeping potion so she could sleep that night. " thank you" she said smiling " I'll get some rest and see you at breakfast in the morning " she said as she moved to head down the stairs to find edward.

Finding him she smiled " um..do you have any sleeping potion, and could I use your spare room tonight" she asked " Robert and I feel it would be good if I stayed with you guys just for tonight rather than being alone in ours." she added just as Jes walked over with a small bottle of sleeping potion.

"you know the dose, one drop before you go to bed in tea" she said placing the bottle in her hand " thought Im sure Edward knows the does if you forget." Jess moved to head back to her room wher Ruby knew Jack was waiting for her. Making some tea she cast a warming spell so it would stay warm as they all walked to the duplex but instead of her side she went to Edwards and up to the spare room where she placed a drop in the tea and drank it. Now she could feel the tiredness wash over her as she lay down and drifted into a dreamless sleep.

Waking the next morning she headed right over to the house and began making the bucuits for every one. Soon she had a pile of them ready to be eaten on a plate. She smiled seeing Jess ready for work as was Jack who took a busciut and ate it as he went out the door indicating as he went they were good leaving Jess and herself chukaling.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:28 am

Kate came downstairs, looking a little bleary eyed.

"Morning, Ruby," she yawned, starting the coffee and the tea. She went into Angus's office, got the day's menus, got the container of pantry supplies for breakfast and then got the container of refrigerated supplies for breakfast. "So, the menu says he's planned for us to do eggy bread, bacon and a fruit salad. Looks like he's done up the fruit salad already, so all we've got is the eggy bread to do. But when we're feeding our crew, that's a lot of eggy bread. Looks like he put in a new container of maple syrup for us. Would you like to deal with the bacon or the eggy bread?" She yawned again and poured herself a cup of coffee.

"Robert didn't sleep a wink all night. God, I hate it when his insomnia hits. If there's a good thing in it, Nigel already knows because Robert went across the hall at least three times that I know of to check on Angus. I'm sure Nigel will tweak Robert's sleeping potion today so it doesn't become a problem. Or, perhaps I should correct myself, I hope Nigel tweaks his potion today. If he doesn't, Robert might find himself sleeping out on the porch tonight."

"I am sorry, Kate," Robert came downstairs, looking fit, alert and ready for the day. He didn't look a bit tired, not like Kate looked at all. "I'll make it up to you."

"The only way you could make it up to me is to give me back the night of shut eye that I lost," she said. He came over and kissed her.

"I am sorry, my lovely," he said gently.

"Sweet talk will do you no good," she said, trying now to sound like she was angry. He knew better, and he just smiled at her. She got down three mugs filled them with coffee and then put them on a tray for him. "Take your coffee and go, and then send us down some word.

"The word is that, as of two hours ago, Angus was still sleeping," Robert said. "Haven't been back because if I come back without coffee, Nigel will chew me another orifice somewhere."

"Well, that sounds pleasant," Kate said sarcastically. He turned and floated the tray ahead of him as he headed back upstairs "We still want word, so don't slack on it. You hear me?"

"Yeah, yeah," Robert said dryly.

"How did you sleep, Ruby?" Kate asked, hoping she had rested well.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:36 am

Ruby listened to Kate and knew which one she wanted to do " I'll leave the eggy bread to you, I'll do the bacon" she said moving to the fridge to take out teh box with it in. Itw as now she chuckled hering Kate talk of Roberts inability to sleep. She was glad some one had been checking on Angus as if Robert hadn't she would have done it her self. " oh thats not good" she said watching Kate pore out thre cups of coffee and chuckled " I had help , that sleeping potion made me sleep like a baby" she admited as she took out each rasher of bacon and placed it on the grill to cook.

She saw Robert walk down and chuckled at how chearful he was, now she was curious as to how Angus was and was relived when Robet told them he had slept all night. " thats a good sign right?" she said to Robert as he went towards the stairs.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:00 am

"Yep," Robert called back , going upstairs. Kate smiled and began working on making the eggy bread.

Robert started checking Angus, and when Angus woke, Robert fed him small sips of coffee while Nigel assessed a few other things. Then they worked together to very gently help him get washed up and shaved. Even lying and doing nothing, it was still tiring for Angus, and it frustrated him to no end. Nigel and Robert had to work together to reassure him it wasn't a bad sign. Nigel had reduce the extra support spells steadily all night, and now, Angus was not on any support spells of any kind. He was maintaining on his own. His fever was down a bit more, and, by all they could see, they did not believe he was in nearly as much danger as he had been yesterday. They helped him sit up with another pillow, so he now had three. It was a bit more raised up, and they told him they would give him a break from it every now and then.

"Robert, do we know who that nitwit was?" Angus asked, as Robert fed him some coffee.

"What nitwit?"

"The nitwit that overdosed me.

"Oh. Him. Yes, yes we do. The aurors are looking into whether we can get a conviction for his behaviors, and Edward has talked to a lawyer. He intends to sue the healer and the nurse both. So rest easy. They're not getting away with it."

"You said it might have been deliberate. Was it?"

"Perhaps."

"Why?"

"Well," Robert said carefully. "We don't have this confirmed yet, but Ingrid gave us some information yesterday that might explain it."

"Ingrid's never wrong. What did she say?"

"She says that the healer was planted in St. Mungos and that somehow you were set up. The healer, it seems worked for Ruby's father..."

"Oh, now I am pissed off," Angus said, immediately seething. "Turning him into a swine was too good for him. What's the rest of it?"

"It seems that her father worked for your father..."

"Who worked for Gelding," Angus said. "Oh, for the love of..."

"Calm yourself,"

"I'm going to kill that pompous..."

"Stop. Stop and breathe," Robert said. "You aren't going to be able to do anything for awhile, but believe me, I can do all sorts of things, and I will."

"I want one good lick, Robert. Just one," Angus said.

"I'll see what I can do. Ingrid says that Ruby's father was responsible for your parents being turned. Seems he turned on his own boss when they found out that you and Ruby were an item."

"Figures. The snakes turned on each other. And two are dead and the other two might as well be. They're lives aren't going to be worth a thing. Gelding is going to want them to eliminate them for all they know, and we're going to want them because they're asshats."

"No, because they damn near killed you. That's why we want them."

"So its just a matter of time to see who gets them first."

"Pretty much."

"They deserve what they get, and a lot more," Angus said.

Nigel scribbled a note and Robert sent it down to the kitchen.

It read, "It looks like Angus will be able to eat breakfast today, so please send up two breakfasts and more hot coffee."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 45 of 100 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 72 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top