LONDON CALLING - Page 44
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 44 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 44 of 100 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 72 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 44 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:51 pm

Kaden looked at Robert placing down teh chart for Angus and he smiled at the smell " smells delishious and im fine with being at hime" he said " but if you need me please call" he said and headed down to the kitchen " that smells heavenly" he said taking aplate and headeing to the dinning room to eat. Ruby was drying her hair when she waked back in.

"That smells good " she said also taking a plate she saw Kaden was down and knew that was a good sign. She tucked in to the food loving every bite but noticed Robert and nigel were still up stairs with Angus. " Michael is there any suplies we need , I can fetch them tomorrow as Im always up early." she said taking another bite of food and smiling.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4176

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:06 pm

"I spent the morning in Angus's office, and I think I have his ordering system figured out. You'd all be proud of me. I made a menu plan for the week--with simple things any of us can fix, and I made copies of the recipes and clipped them together in order--breakfast, lunch, and supper, and by the day. And I've got those all laid out on Angus's desk. And, I've done all the mise en place for each dish. So, whoever's cooking, all you'll have to do is pull the recipes, go to the pantry and the fridge and find the containers for each meal, and put it together. For example, the menu for breakfast is right on top of the recipe stack for tomorrow on the desk. Then, if you go to the pantry, you'll find a container labeled for tomorrow's breakfast. Everything is in that container, measured, weighed, and labeled. There is also a container in the walk in fridge for tomorrow's breakfast and everything in there is already measured, weighed and labeled. Should make cooking a breeze."

"God, that sounds amazing, Michael," Simone said. "Bless you. I'll help out however I can. It sounds like its going to be simple."

"And you know you can count on me for whatever," Kate said. "Jack I'll take care of all the small animals and if I need any supplies, I'll just order them to keep it simple."

"I think, Jess, I'll put together an order for some additional electrolyte water and some additional protein powders, vitamins, and mineral supplements. I think Angus is going to need them," Michael said. "Until he can eat a full meal again, we're going to have to jam pack what he does eat with extra vitamins and extra protein. That might be what I have you pick up tomorrow."

"Nigel plans on asking some of his staff in New York to design a menu with some meals for Angus that are extra charged with nutrition," Edward said. "So there could be extra things we need after that. I have absolutely no problem buying anything he needs. If anybody hears of anything, just let me know, and I'll get it."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:15 pm

Ruby smiled seeing how proficiant Micahel was with the meals " gosh you sound almost like a proffeshonal at all this." she said " I will do breakfast in teh morning sicne Im up early to do my run anyway, im not slacking off on that" she smiled as every one seem to pull around Angus just as she did. She knew in her heart that what ever happeneds to her father could not mesure up what she would do to them if she got her hands on them but as she had been taught she would remain calm and bide her time.

Jess nodded as she ate her food " of course , I can gather some provishions from the hospital should you need it, also those meals would come in handy for out inferm ward, they need nutriants but can't eat much." she said finishing her meal. As she walked past Ruby she motione she would take her empty plate.

"Thank you, for everything, being there at the hospital." Ruby said but Jess just smiled.

"Its what we do for family and that man of yours is the closest thing to a brother I have, so your welcom." she said and moved to the kitchen as Ruby looked at the others now feeling fully part of something special and she was proud to be in it.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:28 pm

Nigel made it downstairs for supper, albeit a bit late.

"Am I too late to get a plate?" Nigel asked.

"Certainly not. Tuck in and help yourself," Michael said.

"I'll have you know that our boy upstairs had half a plate full," Nigel said. "I didn't expect him to be able to do more than a few bites, but Robert does have a way with him. For the state he's in, for him to eat that well, is far better than I could have expected. i told him I would take him back up something cold to drink. I'm going to hammer away at that fever tonight that's coming with the virus."

"I have just the thing," Michael said. "And there's plenty."

"Okay. And will there be coffee during the night?"

"Tonight? Absolutely," Michael said. "If I need to, I can make myself at home on the sofa in Angus's office so if anyone needs anything during the night, they can wake me and I'll get it. Unless someone has a better plan."

"Michael, if you set out the coffee canister and maybe a basket of fruit and snacks, they can help themselves during the night," Kate said. "Then you don't have to stay up."

"I could do that," Michael said.

"Nigel," Kate asked, "any idea when Angus might be off the critical list?"

"Robert and I are still hoping that we'll be able to downgrade that by morning," Nigel said. "We'll still be keeping a close watch, but we're hoping he won't be so critical anymore by maybe mid morning or so. We'll be sure to keep you all posted."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:35 pm

Ruby smiled seeing Nigel come down and give them a status report she smiled and took hold of Kates hand " thats wonderful" she said smiling again this time with joy. " oh I can make some fruit buscuits" she said and looked to Michael hoping he understood she needed to do something to help even if it was something as small as back busicuts for them to eat during the night. 

Jess smiled and finished loading the washer as Jack walked back in " okay all large animals settled for the night, grounds men said they would keep an eye on the duplex tonight." he said taking aplate of food " nice micheal very nice" he said tucking in and hoping there would be seconds. He caught what Nigel said and smiled " angus is one tough son of a.." he pause knowing and seeing Abby was in the room " teddy bear." he said and chuckled seeing her pull a face.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:48 pm

"I was just going ask you if you would mind doing that," Michael said. "You read my mind. There's a recipe in Angus's cookbook for a healthy whole grain breakfast cookie that uses dried fruit. Angus makes it for our survival training weekends."

"Those? Oh, god, those are fabulous," Brian said. "Remember the last batch? He used dried peaches, dried apricots, some chocolate chunks, and toasted pecans. They were insanely good. He made a three day supply, and we polished them all off before lunch on day one. Nobody could stay out of them."

"Those are the ones. I found his recipe today while I was looking in his notebooks," Michael said.

"Every time I come here, I gain half a stone with you people," Nigel laughed.

Jack came in and tucked into the chicken cacciatore, and they all laughed when Jack remarked about how tough Angus was.

"Well, are you lot all too full for dessert?" Michael asked.

"Just bring it right over here," Edward motioned to his place at the table.

"You don't even know what it is yet."

"Doesn't matter. I know how you cook. Whatever it is, I'll eat mine and anyone else's too," Edward said. Michael broke out his fresh sorbet and the chocolate orange cookies. He dished it up and made sure everyone had some. He didn't tell them what he had put in it, deliberately.

"Alright. Be honest. Tell me what you think," Michael said.

"Oh my," Kate said. "This is wonderful. It's light and refreshing and completely delicious. And Edward does not get it all. Nor does he get all of these wonderful cookies."

"Well," Michael said, after they had all had a chance to taste it, "It's healthy. It's made with electrolyte water, and I added extra vitamins and minerals, especially additional B complex and B12 vitamins for boosting energy."

"Michael, I might have to hire you away to my team in New York," Nigel said. "That is pure genius."

"Thank you. I'm flattered, but I'm not going," Michael laughed.

"I'll definitely take some up to Angus when I've eaten several scoops myself," Nigel teased.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:57 pm

Ruby chuckled and nodded as Jess returned and had some sobet she smiled as Michael told her what was in it " oh this is perfect for the ward" she said smiling as was Ruby. It tasted delishious to her and refreshing when she heard nigel say about sending some to Angus she nodded.

"I think he will love this" she said watching as Jack tucked in too. " and I think Nigel might want to grab some now , i think Jacks going to eat tyhe lot." she said chukaling as Jack looked at her.

"what its good" he said " i've been out under the hot sun all day this is heaven to me right now." he said smiling as them all. Ruby made a note and placed a bowl to one side for nigel to take up to Angus.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:10 am

"Sounds like I should make more," Michael laughed. "In that case, add lots more orange juice to your shopping list, Jess."

"Well, I know a certain little miss that is going to ask you to make it strawberry," Marcus laughed.

"That's easy enough. Just puree some strawberries instead of using orange juice," Michael said.

"I hear the distinct sounds of the opening of Michael's Sorbet Shop--101 Flavors," Nigel teased.

"Don't tease him too hard, he might see it as a challenge," Brian laughed. "And then we'll have sorbet every night for the next 101 days."

"Not a problem for me," Edward said. "Anytime you want to give up your share, just send it right over here, and I'll take care of it for you." They laughed.

Michael got up and dished up sorbet for Robert and Angus and put a few of his chocolate orange cookies on the tray for them.

"I wonder if I should send up some coffee," Michael said.

"If you want to tempt the boy, send up a couple espressos instead," Edward said.

"Will that be alright?" Michael asked Nigel.

"I see no harm," Nigel said. "Send them up if you like."

"Anyone else for espresso while I'm at it?" Michael asked.

"Khaat and Marcus and me," Brian said.

"And Simone and me," Edward replied.

"And me," Nigel said.

"So nine-ish espressos coming up," Michael said. He made the espressos, put two on the tray and sent the tray upstairs. Then he served the rest to those at the table, saving one for himself. "I didn't make a toast at dinner, but maybe I'll make a quick one with the espresso. So, because our entire family is back safe at home tonight, despite our enemy's best attempts, to a day well spent and a family that knows how to pull together and get the toughest jobs done. Well done, you lot." He lifted his cup to them all.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:20 am

Ruby chuckled as she moved to teh espresso maker to make Jess, Jack and herself one hers was caramel though asshe loved that flavor. Taking them to the table she sat down and sipped it dipping the cookies into it too. Hearing Michaels speach she smiled " here here" she said and raised her cup in a toast before taking a sip once more. Jess laughed and nodded.

" of course we all pull together becuse were family and family look after each other." she said as Jack took her hand in his smiling. "do you think Angus will be up for a visit" Jess asked Michael looking to Ruby. 

"I'd like to see him before I go to sleep , if thats okay" she said looking at the stairs but making her self stay " but I have teh busicuits to make and studying, its something I'll do last thing jess" Jess nodded and finshed her coffee setting the cup in the sink before her and Jack moved to head to their room to sleep for the night.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:33 am

"If you want to see him, Ruby, I'd go now if I were you," Nigel said to her. "I'm sure since he's eaten, Robert's given him his potion and wants to get him settled for the night. I'm sure Angus is probably getting tired by now. So I think it would be alright if you went up for just a moment, but I wouldn't put it off. If you do, he'll be out like a light. Thank you, Michael for the best meal I've had since I was with you people the last time."

"You're very welcome," Michael said. He lingered over his espresso a moment longer and then he got up to clear the table, put the leftovers away and set the washing p spells in place. "Brian, could I bring the dogs tomorrow if I keep them downstairs? They've been without anyone but Snidely to look after them for quite awhile now."

"By all means," Khaat answered for Brian quickly. "Bring them. Abbey will be in seventh heaven. She loves those dogs."

"She'll go all Labrador if we do," Brian said.

"Her papa will be here to change her back," Khaat said, unconcerned.

"Or I will be happy to do it too," Nigel said. "Let her be who she is, Brian. She's just too bloody little to develop any control yet. If she goes all metamorph, we'll just change her back."

"I'm surprised she hasn't gone all bowtruckle," Brian said.

"Oh, she still likes that little devil, does she?"

"She thinks they're best mates," Brian said.

"Maybe they are," Nigel shrugged. "Alright, I'm going to go get a quick shower and change into some comfortable clothes before I settle in for the overnight shift."

"I'll put on a pot of fresh coffee, Nigel," Michael said.

"Don't be skimpy with it. I like a good dark roast. If I can see through it, it isn't worth drinking."

"My thoughts exactly. Don't worry, I've got you covered," Michael said. Nigel went upstairs to get a shower before he replaced Robert.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 44 of 100 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 72 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top