LONDON CALLING - Page 81
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 81 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 81 of 100 Previous  1 ... 42 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 90 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 81 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:32 am

Ruby chuckled " yes they are born naked, but then there wrapped in a banket, washed and dressed to keep them warm, just as you are." she told her. " you don't see me or uncle Angus walking around naked do you?" she said " and you don't want to get sick again ether, do you" she smiled at her." and what if its a boy?" she asked " we can't give him back." she smiled " you'd still be his older sister, you could teach him what he can and can't do, besides I have brothers and their not all bad." she brushed some hair off of Abbys face " Jessie wasn't bad, was he?" she asked " he is my brother and I helped teach him, until he was older, I helped him walk and say his first word, did you know it was bubba and my other brothers, they were born at the same time twins they call it, their words were yes and no." she chuckled at the memory " and those two you'll meet soon"

She still rocked her but now stood up with Abby in her arms to sit in a chair that rocked. " besides being angry all the time is not good, being good helps others like your papa, and you want Angus to get better, being good and not angry is better" she picked up a book and opened it. " you want me to read to you?" she asked "or just sit here ?"
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4248

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:47 am

"A boy? Nah. Papa fix her and make her better," Abbey nodded, as if being a boy was curable. "We fix her." She listened to Ruby talk about Jessie and her other brothers. "That's okay. They already boys, but we fix this one, make her right."

There was a slight knock on the door jamb. It was Brian.

"Can I interrupt for just one moment?" he asked. He came over and crouched down on Abbey's level. "Hey," he reached up and stroked her cheek. "Papa told me you and mama had a rough day. I'm sorry. I'm sorry that happened, and I'm sorry I wasn't here."

"Mama no love me no more," she said.

"Yeah, she does. She just got scared when you ran away, and that made her mad. She loves you. And, I love you. I love you like crazy. You're my baby girl, Abbey, and nobody can ever change that."

"You gonna have different kids. I hear you say so..."

"We've talked about more kids, but not to replace you. Abbey, I promise, you're our first and you're always going to be our first. How about I take tomorrow off, and you and I will go spend the day together, just you and me--unless you want me to ask Mama to come too." Abbey shook her head no. Brian figured out this was going to take some time. "Okay. Just you and me then." He gave her a little hug and a kiss. "Better? For now? Maybe Ruby can help you decide what you should wear for our day out together. But you shouldn't miss supper. Gam is making spaghetti and meatballs, and I know you like meatballs." She nodded.

"I'll let you and Ruby talk," he smiled. "Ruby, if you two want to have a girls' dinner up here, you let us know, and we'll send it up to you." He left the bedroom, so as to not interrupt them too much.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:58 am

Ruby was glad when Brian walked in , relived in away as she had nevr had to deal with an angry toddler. She watched him interact with Abby and smiled then nodded as he lef teh room " you know abby I was told once each baby has its own mold and as each is born they break that mold, so if thats true your one of a kind, the only Abby on this earth, your daddys right, no one or thing could every replace their love for you" she said smiling " now you have a desishion, want to go down for food or have them send it up here?" she hoped Abby would have it down stairs. " becuse I'm hungry and that means so is the baby" she said patting her still flat tummy.

"come down and eat, I have ice cream made from Angus's recipies" she said " and its meatballs and spagetti, now I know you love those" she stayed in the rocker while she waited to see what Abby would do ether way she'd send down a message so they would know " I know your gam would love to see you for supper and Simone maybe after if you do that I can make you a pink bath?" she added knowin it was nothing but pink bubble bath.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:59 pm

Abbey decided to go downstairs, and when they got downstairs, Robert had put her chair beside him, between him and Kate. He put her into her chair, and Kate got a plate for her. Abbey at her dinner quietly tonight, and she wouldn't even look at Khaat. Brian had noticed that straight away, and he knew that Abbey was really angry with Khaat. That wasn't going to go away any time soon.

Robert believed Khaat had made a mistake by punishing Abbey for running away before she had listened to why Abbey had done it. He knew, though, that every parent made mistakes, and he had certainly made his share when Khaat was little. He wasn't going to judge Khaat too harshly for her missteps. The truth was that, for a toddler, Abbey was remarkably well behaved most of the time and needed very little correction. If someone could teach her and help her understand how the world worked, she generally did what was asked of her with very little static. Khaat herself had been far less tolerant and much more mischievous as a child than Abbey was. This seemed to be something Abbey had taken much more to heart. Robert approved of Brian's idea to take Abbey out for the day. He hoped Khaat was able to take a cue from that and try to mend fences with Abbey a bi, but he was going to remove himself and see if they could figure that out for themselves.

After supper, though, Khaat had decided to give Abbey her bath, and Abbey wasn't having it. She wanted nothing to do with her mother, and the two of them got into a battle of wills. Khaat finally just picked Abbey up and took her upstairs for her bath. Abbey was angry and shouting and argumentative. Khaat ended it rather quickly by taking Abbey to her room and putting her to bed after her bath. And that caused Khaat and Brian to have a rare argument.

Frustrated, Kate cleaned up after supper and made some preparations for breakfast. She had decided to make some breakfast pasties, and she made a fresh fruit salad, sautéed her sausage and bacon, grated her cheeses, made large bowl of beaten eggs for the scrambled eggs to go into the pasties, diced some slices of lean cooked ham, diced some onion and some bell pepper, and got all her ingredients to go. she peeled and diced some potatoes to sauté to tuck into the pasties and put the potatoes into a bowl of cold water and put them into the fridge, and made some fresh fruit fillings for some sweet pasties. She mixed her dry ingredients for the pasty dough and covered it and set it aside for morning. She made a couple different varieties of fresh chutneys for the pasties, She got the coffee and tea ready to brew. It gave her something to do and a way to take out her frustration by doing something productive. She poured a large pitcher of juice and set it in the fridge and prepared the dining room and the sideboard as much as she could in advance.

It was very late when she went upstairs to go to bed. So far as she knew, the rest of the house was asleep. She went into Abbey's room, and she found Abbey's bed empty and Abbey's pajamas on the floor, cast off either hurriedly or carelessly. Two of the dresser drawers were partly opened, and the more she looked around, she saw Abbey's little pink sneakers were missing. She checked the other rooms quickly, and didn't find her, and then she went downstairs and checked Fudge's tree. Fudge was gone too. Fearing the worst, she went to the front door and saw that not only was it unlocked, but it was open a crack. The fear rose up tightly in her throat. Abbey had somehow gone out in the middle of the night. She went upstairs quickly and jostled Robert.

"Robert, Robert, wake up," she called.

"What's wrong?" he looked at her, not quite awake.

"Abbey's gone outside. I can't find her in the house, and I found the front door open," she said.

"Damn," Robert said, immediately wide awake.

"I'll go wake Brian," Kate said.

"No, wait," Robert said. "Let's not disturb him yet because there isn't a way to do that without disturbing Khaat. Let's see if we can find her first. Get Archangel out looking for her."

"What about Pip? Pip can help look," Kate said.

"Good, if you can summon him."

"Of course, if Angus has left a window open," Kate said.

"If Jack is out, he'll help look," Robert said. They hurried downstairs together, lighting their wands and starting to look, calling for her.

Upstairs, in the bedroom, Angus was asleep. He had left the balcony doors open to get the night air, and Pip was on his perch near Angus's side of the bed. Pip heard Kate and Robert summoning Archangel, and Pip started his little high pitched hooting sounds. That woke Angus. He heard Kate and Robert summoning Pip, and, as Pip flew out through the balcony doors, he heard them calling for Abbey.

Pure panic welled up inside of Angus, and he forced himself, with much effort, into his chair. He wheeled the chair to the stairs, took the magical stairs down and went outside.

"Robert?" Angus called.

"Abbey's come outside sometime tonight, and we can't find her," Robert said.

"Oh, God. Help me into my other chair and I'll help you look," Angus said. Robert was hesitant for a brief moment, and then he nodded. If Abbey would come to anybody, it would surely be Angus. Robert helped Angus into his chair, accio'd Angus' wand and lit it with a lumos spell and handed it to him, so Angus would have a light.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:12 pm

Ruby staid quiet at everything that had happened with Abby and Khaat. Her hands and eyes fell to her own tummy knowing she'd one day be in that same position. She had been in the kitchen backing as she couldn't sleep yet, even though she felt tired she just wanted to keep her rutine untill she couldn't any more. Turning her back she thought she heard the oor go but then nothing so she kept baking. Itw asn't until Kate called out that she looked to the door.

Seeing everyone gather in the front of the house she joined them too, her first thought was James but then she rememebred the door opening by its self. " has any one checked the tree house?" she said glancing over at it but ralizing she was too small to climb it. She turned back to Angus and the others, I'll search around the pond area ." she said just as Jack walked around the courner " JACK" She called to him "ABBYS MISSING" Jack walked over to Kate and the others.

"Okay I'll check the barn and paddock area." he looked at Kate " it'll be okay we'll find her." he said softly his hand lightly resting on her shoulder. Stepping bck he let out a howl that was met by others all be it in the distance " teh wolves will look out for her, they know shes part of this pack so won't harm her and will notify us if they find her."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:27 pm

Angus was feeling a panic that he hadn't felt before. he felt an urgent need to find Abbey straight away. He didn't know why Abbey had gone out in the middle of the night, but he knew she had to have a reason. She'd never done anything like this before, and his mind was tempted to run away with him with all sorts of wild thoughts of awful things that could happen to a three year old. Part of him was also feeling really angry, feeling that something hadn't been resolved before bedtime that had disturbed her enough that she wanted to try to run away again. He didn't want to automatically blame Khaat, but he was already starting to feel some hostility, feeling a need to protect her so she didn't dash off again.

One of the upper windows in Edward's side of the house opened.

"Angus, what's going on?" Edward called.

"Abbey's gone. She's gone out of the house. She has to be out here somewhere."

"On my way. We'll find her," he told him. It wasn't more than a moment, and he and Simone appeared outside, their robes and slippers. They transfigured their clothes into jeans and slip on shoes, and they hurried to reach Angus. "What's your thought? Very few people know her like you do. Where does she like to go when she's out?"

"God, I hope she hasn't gone in the pool or the pond. She'll go all labrador and then we'll never find her," Angus said.

"Don't panic. We'll find her," Edward said. "Lad, I really think, if she was upset enough to leave the house, i think she would be trying to find her way to you. That's what she did earlier. Simone and I will check the pool and the pond, but I think we should look more in the direction of the house." Simone was already running, wanting to make sure Abbey wasn't in trouble in the pool. Edward headed off with her. Angus was trying to roll his all terrain chair towards the pond, hoping against hopes she hadn't fallen into the pond.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:33 pm

Ruby followed Angus down to the pond calling for Abby but only hearing the echo of her own voice. Even her own hart hurt thinking of the little girl all alone out in the wild. It made her think of their child walking around and out onto the dock she looekd out and saw nothing but a few jumping fish. " no sign of her yet" she said walkign over to him as several owls few over their heads " I think Kate has the owls on the patrol looking , their flying awful low tonight" she said her arms wrapped around her waist as her head whipped back and forth trying to find any sign of her.

Jack walked to the barn , he didn't all out as teh animals were sleping , walking down the stalls he peeked in each one but found no sign of her. Leaving he headed to the large paddoc that was to the left of the duplex.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:46 pm

"She's not around the pool," Simone called. "It's clear."

"I don't see her near the pond either," Edward called.

"She's not in her play yard," Kate said, standing in the little play area at the bottom of the tree house.

"Not here either," Robert called, having checked the immediate area around the main house.

Angus was wondering if he needed to try to dive into the pond. What if she was underwater? Or maybe she had wandered off into the woods. That sounded more like it, the more he thought about it. Water was for happy times, or at least that was when she tended to be tempted to it. Not when she was upset. The woods. She had to have headed for the woods. It was all he could think of. He wasn't sure how far his chair would go, but if she was out in the woods, he'd crawl if he had to, to find her. If this was anything like parenthood felt like, he was going to lock their children up in the house and never let them out. And he wasn't going to stop listening to them. Not ever. He knew all parents made mistakes, but this--this felt somehow inexcusable.

"Angus," Edward caught up with him and stopped him. "Stop. You can't take that chair into the woods. It might be all terrain, but it really isn't going to go through bracken and over tree roots. Stop..."

"She has to be out there. We've looked every place else. I'll crawl if i have to..." he was out of breath, exhausted already.

"Angus," Edward said quietly, slowly, steadily, "look at me for just one moment." Angus looked at him. "Breathe. You're out of breath. You're not strong enough for this. You cannot go into the woods. Not in your chair. You'll have to leave that to the rest of us. If she comes back this way, she needs a friendly face to go to. She'll go to you before she goes to anyone else. Be here for her. Stay here. Let us look..."

"If anything happens to her, I swear..."

"We won't stop looking til we find her." He pushed the wheelchair up on the front porch. "Stay here. Rest a little. If I come up with someplace you can look, I'll let you know."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:55 pm

Jack walked arund the paddoc and it was now he eard the faint howl  of a young femal wolf. His heart lept as he ran to where she wolf was , there just behind the duplex tucked under a thick bush lay the wolf wrapped around something. Gently the femal moved to show a sleeping Abby. Jack smiled to her and handed her a large treat " thank you" he said the wolf moved slowly away and Jack slipped off his jacket laying it over Abby he scooped her up into his arms still sleeping. Slowly he walked bac to the group " I found her" he said " well one of the females found her, shes a little dirty but fine and sleeping " he said still with his voice low.

Ruby saw Jack walking over to teh something in his arms she touched Angus's shoulder as Jack spoke then relaxed " thank goodness" she said softly then looked at Angus " I think we should tuck her into her own bed then head for our own." she chuckled as she spoke again " this time maybe some one should lock the main door, oh heck my buscuits" she said and dove abck inside to pull out several dark brown bucuits from the oven."oh well" she said
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:07 pm

"Bring her to me," Angus told Jack. "Give her to me. Thank you, Jack. God, she scared a decade off my life, I think." He took Abbey from Jack, and he wrapped her tightly to him, feeling waves of relief washing over him. She woke and wrapped her arms around his neck as if she would never let him go, almost too tight for him to breathe.

"Aggie," she whimpered sleepily, "I losted you in the dark. I no finded you. I looked and looked..."

"I've got you," he told her softly. "You're safe. Why..."

"I hear that big doggie. I no like him..."

"What?" he frowned.

"I heared him. He howl and he smell bad. He scary. I no like him, so I hided..."

"Jack," Angus looked at Jack, "Abbey says she heard James and smelled him. Is there any chance that the wolf pack might have seen anything tonight?"

"I can take her if you like, Angus," Robert said gently.

"No, I'm not having her dashing off anymore tonight," Angus said. "She's staying with me til morning. She'll settle with me. I'll take care of her, and I'll have a talk with her in the morning. I don't know what happened but..."

"I'll get to the bottom of it," Robert said. "You have my word. Brian or I--one of us--will be over around breakfast time." Angus nodded.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 81 of 100 Previous  1 ... 42 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 90 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top