LONDON CALLING - Page 42
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 42 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 42 of 100 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 71 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 42 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:22 am

Ruby listened to Edward and Robert and she nodded " I agree, and go ahead with the background checks I want to know myself." she said " also I'd need time to make provishions for my two brothers once they leave Hogwarts." she said hearing Edward she chuckled " be my guest if it goes deeper, you know I want nothing to do with them , and I'll be there with you, don't you worry." she was glad when Robert told them Angus hand drank some soup.

She touched her medallion and the neclace Angus had given him knowing it was a connection to him while they would be apart. She now just wanted to shake her father and get awnsers to why he'd done this. Jess looked at her and palced her hand on Rubys shoulder calming her .

"nothing you can do right now, calm" she said softly " besides you have a wedding to plan for when hes on his feet again" this made Ruby smile.

"yes but I'd like all of you to help I have no clue where to begin." she said looking from Khaat to Kate and finally Jess. " But I do know it will be here at the pond, its beautiful there and it was where we first became a couple"
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4176

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:37 am

"Knowing Angus, he'd want tee shirts and jeans, followed by charcoal grilled steaks all around," Mcihael laughed.

"Yes, and I don't see a thing wrong with that," Edward said. "If we did jeans and tee shirts, we might have to consider a double wedding." He cast a smile at Simone.

"No, no. We don't want to divide the attention from their day," Simone said. "When the time is right, Edward and I will just go to the registrar's."

"Why?" Robert asked. "Are we family or are we not?"

"Well, we are, of course, but..."

"We'll discuss it later, when Angus can participate," Kate said. "Now, are you going to Paris with Brian this afternoon, Ruby?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:45 am

Ruby chuckled at Simone and then looked at Kate " yes I am, after all its my ...for lack of a better word, other family thats involved." she said then looked at Brian " let me know when you want to leave I'll be ready and waiting for you." she thought for a moment and shook her head " nope not jeans and tee shirts that will be the reception, oh I'd have to speack to Jack as he could organise the grounds men. " she said grinning " but Kates right not until Angus is well again" she told them now having something to focus her mind , now she thought about why kind of dress she'd wear and color scheme and how to keep it all out of the media becuse if her father found out he would certainly show up, not that he could ever get close enough.

Jess chuckled and smiled at Ruby " Im sure we'll all help you plan it." she said " and summer weddings are nice but spring are the best." Ruby chuckled and nodded.

"I can wait for as long as needed so long as Angus gets better, is there anything I need to bring with me to Paris?" she said looking at Brian and Kate." we need to do this right."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:59 am

"Do consider involving the groom before you make too many plans without asking him, though," Robert said. "Having been a groom myself, I can speak from experience on how out of hand things can get when the bride makes plans and doesn't involve the groom."

"I only did that once," Kate teased.

"Yes, well, make sure you involve your next husband in the wedding plans a little better than you did the last time," Robert teased her right back. "She didn't ask me what i thought about location, theme, dress, nothing. It was annoying as crap, and she knows it."

"Brides do tend to take over, I admit it," Kate said.

"Ruby, lets go," Brian said. "This conversation is going to get us nowhere, and we do have something we can do to help Angus. So let's move on with it."

"Wait," Michael said, looking up from the newspaper. "Take umbrellas. Forecast calls for rain all day in Paris. You're going to wish you had them."

"Thank you," Brian said, accioing two umbrellas. He handed one to Ruby. "Alright. Now--let's go."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:03 am

Ruby chuckled and stood up changgn her clothes to jeans boits and a tee with a lether jacket over the top she went to move to Brian when Michael spoke" oh good idea" she said and smiled taking one from Brain " and Robert I do fully intend on involving the groom" she said as she placed her arm around Brains "okay lets go " she said.

Arriving in paris it certaily was raining and she put up her umberella " so where is this man were to see" she asked as she ehard the rain patter against the unberella as she stood. She looked around at the arcutecture and smiled " it is a beautiful place but not for me." she said moving to stay close to Brain.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:35 am

"Not for me either. Paris just means work," Brian said. "Come this way," he told her. He went into an apartment building and to the elevator. When they got into the elevator and when the doors closed, he opened a secret panel behind the elevator control panel and pushed a button that was very well hidden. It whisked them away with an enchantment. It always made Brian's head spin just a little bit.

But when they landed, it took him a moment to see where the enchantment had taken him this time. They were in Charles Eiffel's apartment at the top of the Eiffel Tower.

"Well, you're getting creative these days," Brian spoke. A gray haired woman who had been seated at a desk, turned to face him.

"Mon Ami," she smiled, "when you got in the elevator, I knew there must be trouble if you were coming to see me." She got up and came over and kissed him affectionately on the cheek. "And who is your traveling companion today?"

"Let me introduce you. This is Ruby. She's Angus's fiancee. Ruby, this is Ingrid. She's one of our informants here."

"Fiancee? Finally? It's about time," she said. "Hello, Ruby. It's good to know Angus is getting a life of his own. So, Brian, what brings you to see me?"

"What can you tell me about a fellow named Reginald Tyler? Wife's name is Suzanne. maiden name Whitaker."

"Tyler. Tyler--let me think," she said, giving it thought. "If my memory serves, he is a lesser associate in the finances department--in the collections department, if you get my drift."

"So he's an enforcer," Brian said.

"Oh, definitely. He's been looking for a way to advance for years but that hasn't been so successful. Somewhat disappeared over the last couple of months, and no one seems to know why."

"Oh, I think I know why. Anything on the woman?"

"I have mixed impressions about her. She has accompanied him to some society shindigs where their people were present, but I don't think she's as deeply involved as he is. I do know she was offered a position in the entertainment department, but I don't know if she accepted. she hasn't been active in the last six weeks or so either."

"Again, I think I know why."

"You do have some serious troubles in your ranks, though," she told him.

"Yes, and we're not successful so far at figuring out who."

"It's a high ranking potions maker," she told him. "He specializes in potions used in espionage."

"Like polyjuice."

"That, amongst other things," she nodded. "Be careful. He is quite deadly."

"How will I know him?"

"I don't know, but I can try to find out," she said.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:42 am

Ruby folowed Brian as he spoke of Paris not being for him ether. Once in the elevator she watched as he predded a secret button and her hed spun , when she opened her eyes again she was at the top of the effiel tower. " oh my" she said then turned to see the woman " thank you and and it ws quite recent we got engaged." she said then heard her tlk about why they were there. she sat and listened to them talking and shook her head. " theres got to be more than that, its all common knowlage were after not so common knowlage." she said softly and with a deep sigh.

" my father must be up to something other than being an enforcer" she said " yes my name is Ruby Tyler, im his daughter, estranged thankfully" she added the last to show she had nothing in common with him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:59 am

"You're not understanding what she's saying, Ruby," Brian said.

"Your father?" Ingrid frowned at Ruby. "Then its Angus--Angus is in extreme danger."

"As Robert thought," Brian said. "Ruby, Ingrid is saying that your father works for Gelding as a thug. It's your father's job, when those who have disobeyed Gelding to go and punish them--breaking arms, legs, or doing other things to punish them for their disobedience. Your mother has apparently been offered a position in 'entertaining' some of Gelding's clients--whatever it is they want from her. It's unlikely that they have had a great deal to do with Gelding himself. They likely work for a middle man."

"They did," Ingrid said, "I heard it was a couple--a man and his wife but Tyler didn't like who his daughter was dating. He turned on his boss and set them up, and, word has it, they died."

"Angus's parents," Brian said slowly, getting the drift. "Tyler set up Benjamin and Eileen"

"Yes, I think so now. There was word that he exposed them to some illness but then I heard that his boss died. I do know there was some sort of contract put out on the young man that Tyler's daughter was dating. Word had it that the young man was from some sort of rival family, and that was the reason."

"Angus. Tyler set Benjamin and Eileen up to be turned so that eventually, Edward would have to kill them. Then, Gelding's people put a contract out on Angus because Tyler doesn't like him because Angus works for Robert. He dates Ruby and works for Robert, so as far as your father thinks, Angus is a triple threat."

"It has to be him," Ingrid said. "Your mole is here in Paris. Someone connected to Paris. That's all I know."

"We don't have a potions maker in Paris. Nobody makes potions for us other than Robert."

"What makes you think he has let you know his potions making ability? Its to his advantage to keep that card in his hand. You know that. But, Angus is a weak link for you and for your entire organization so long as Tyler and your mole are both involved. If they get to him, his life is not worth a penny."

"And that means you're in danger too, Ingrid."

"Only if they find me," she smiled. "And they won't."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:07 am

Ruby heard Brain explain and she shuddered at the thought " oh dear lord" she said softly " This is bad realy bad" now her mind started to spin with thoughts " hes in trouble becuse of me, if i'd have not come to the estate I wouldn't have put you all at risk" she said, but then a thought entered her mind " wait it was the minister who sent me to you, that and Jessie leaving his port key behind" she said then paused " polyjuice" she said softly and looked to Brian " I was set up, the mole diguased himself as the minister then sent me on a goose chase to end up at your door step." Ruby stood up and looked at Brain " we have to get back, and let th others know what we found out."

Now all Ruby wanted to do was prove she was nothing like her father and she asn't the mole but some one who cared and worked for the family. He mind was now spinning " I need some air" she said looking at Brian for help more than enything.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:19 am

"Calm yourself," Brian told her. "Take a breath, and get a grip. You're not at fault here. Nor does anyone blame you for any of this. Think. Just in the same way that Angus is nothing like Benjamin, nobody is going to think you're like your father--certainly not Angus. And right now, Angus is in one of the safest places he could be. We have suspected that someone from Paris is a mole, so no one that isn't from our own crew is getting into the house. For the moment, Angus is untouchable."

"Have they gotten to Angus?" Ingrid asked.

"Possibly. One of Tyler's associates tried to poison Angus tis morning."

"Oh, God," Ingrid paled. "Is he alright."

"Robert thinks he will be," Brian said.

"Oh, thank heavens. The children need him," she said. "How many times has he been the face of calm in those midnight raids? They gravitate to him because he is so calm and comforting with them. He would be a huge loss to Robert if anything were to happen to him. How can I help?"

"You have helped. Ingrid, can we help keep you safe somehow?"

"Merci, Mon Ami, but no. I have places where they cannot touch me. And now, we should all go. Take the same button you used to get here. Good luck." She turned around again away from them, devoting her attention again to something on the desk. Brian motioned Ruby to go back to the elevator. He got in with her and hit the same button, and they found themselves back in the apartment building. "I think we have enough for now, dont' you?" Brian asked Ruby. "I think we need to get back."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 100 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 71 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top