LONDON CALLING - Page 31
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 31 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 31 of 100 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 65 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 31 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:54 pm

Jess looked at Brian and nodded " of course ."Letting Khaat take teh cup she quickly headed down to teh basement and returned with two packs , taking out two she had already frozen she slipepd the unfrozen ones in the freezer " never know what will happen with walking lummoks around so I keep a few on ice" she said and chuckled slipping them into some home made cloth pouches she ehaded up the stairs to Brian and Angus.

"okay here are the ice packs" she handed him both in a flannel sleeve "I made them it will stop it from burning his skin" she said smiling placing one for the back of his head and the other for his back. " now you can lower him down." she said holding abck the covers so she could cover him when he was on the bed.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4370

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:17 pm

Brian and Edward and Angus lowered Marcus into bed, and they worked together to get him out of his suit and simply left him in his boxers in bed. They weren't going to fiddle with him any more than necessary. At Brian's direction, they turned Marcus on his side and brought extra pillows so Brian could position them behind Marcus's back and head to hold the ice packs in place.

"I know you know the drill with the ice packs--twenty minutes on, twenty minutes off until he wakes. If he still wants them after that, then fine. I definitely want to get a better look once he's awake, and I'm sure you and I both know Robert will want to check him himself when he gets back in the morning. I'm not finding anything broken, but there are a couple questionable areas I want Robert to doublecheck for me. There's two vertebrae and a couple ribs that are not testing well for me. I'll be able to get a better feel for them when we can get some of the swelling down. I'm not sure whether they're cracked or bruised, but either way, it's gonna hurt. I doubt we're going to to be able to keep him in bed, so let's just shoot for trying to keep him at a low roar until Robert tells us otherwise. It's a good thing tomorrow is Sunday and nobody expects Khaat or Robert at St. Mungo's tomorrow. If Kaden can help us stay with him, I'll relieve you shortly if you want. I know nobody's eaten supper yet, so I'll . I do want to check on Khaat and get the full details from Jack and Angus and Michael and I'll grab a bite while I'm doing that. Then I'll come up and relieve you so you can come down and eat. Unless you have a better idea?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:22 pm

Ruby had moved to the  dining room and cast a rewarming spell and the food heated right back up as she glanced at the others she hoped Marcus was okay. It was now Kaden poped in and saw Khaat sat and every one around them " James" Ruby told him ad he shook his head " marcus got the worst he's up stairs." she said and watched ashe headed up to Marcus room.

Entering Marcus room he saw Robert, Edward and Angus all around Marcus bed. He had also caught the tail end of Roberts words. " I can sit with him while you eat, I'll inform you if and when he wakes." he said checking the packs and looking to Robert " twenty on twent off , right?" he said reafeirming what he had to do.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:41 pm

"Yes, thanks, Kaden," Brian said. "None of us have gotten any supper, so if you want some, I'll relieve you in a bit. Angus is back in the kitchen again, so I'm sure whatever it is, it's going to be very nice."

"Macaroni and cheese," Angus said. "Some very healthy but tasty turkey meatballs in a Greek tomato basil sauce, and some sauteed shaved brussel sprouts with some slivered almonds. Dessert is Michael's strawberry shortcake trifle. I realize its a bit of a late supper even by this household's standards, but I had Ruby reheat it, so I'm sure it's fine. You're always welcome to tuck into a plate if you want it."

"I'll check back in a bit," Brian said, wanting to get downstairs. He stopped by Abbey's room and saw Mira was still there. "How's she doing, Mira?"

"Out like a light," Mira said softly.

"Come downstairs and eat, then," he told her. "Let's take the chance that she'll relax now that Khaat and Marcus are home and safe. Maybe those little seers' energies of hers will let her know its all good again for now."

"I am hungry," Mira admitted.

"Then come eat," he motioned to her. She left and went downstairs. It occurred to him that Mira was going to have to do her last two years of school at Hogwarts. She was such good help here that he hated to see her go, and she would certainly have a bit of an adjustment. Gabe said she had gone to Ilvermorny, so perhaps she'd do alright at Hogwarts. Gabe had mentioned that, in a way, he was sad he'd had to uproot her from Ilvermorny but he was going to be glad that she would graduate from Hogwarts like he had.

Brian went back down to the kitchen, where Michael had helped Khaat get a little tea.

"Better?" Brian asked Khaat gently.

"Yeah, thanks," she said softly. "Sorry. I'm going to have to stop going to Sparks, I guess."

"No, you don't have to stop going to Sparks. You're the owner. They need you there. You and Marcus just are going to have to stop going that way. It makes you an easy target. I think you should just apparate into the kitchen and stop trying to walk it," he told her. "I know that when James is not up your butt, its a nice walk. I will find out why we weren't notified that he wasn't in Azkaban. If we'd known that, Marcus wouldn't have been taken by surprise. That's where it all went off the rails for us."

"How is he?"

"He's alright. He's still out. Took a hard hit to the head, and I think he might have bruised a rib or something. Your dad can get a better assessment in the morning, but for Marcus, he'll be up and back at it by daybreak." She nodded. "I'll get you a plate," he told her. She shook her head, not hungry. "Now, now. We're not going to do that. You need to try to eat a bite. I'll make it small, but you have to eat something." He walked away, not going to take her refusal for any sort of answer. She sighed heavily.

"He's good for you, you know," Michael patted her hand supportively. "He's just looking out for you."

"I know," she said.

"It'll all look world's better in the morning."

"I'm sure you're right," she agreed.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:48 pm

Ruby heard Brian with Khaat and made a small plate for her " here " she said handing it to him then plating up for every one else so tehy could eat . She was relived when Mira walked down to have some food " Mira hows Abby now?" she asked placing soem food infront of her " here eat up" she said then gatherd for teh rest and then herself as she sat down next to Angus " hows marcus, not too badly hurt I hope, I saw Jess with the cold packs" she asked softly as she ate supper.

Oncae she was done she took the plates to the kitchen and set them to washing moving to bring Micahels cheese cake to the table with bowls and spoons. " here we go, Michael made it." she said smiling as she gave him the first slice.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:22 pm

"She's sound asleep," Mira said. "She wasn't going to go to bed, period, full stop, until I laid down with her on her bed. She cuddled up tight to me and was dead to the world in about thirty seconds after that."

"Did she get cranky with you?" Brian asked.

"Oh my goodness! I didn't think she had it in her, but boy was I wrong!" Mira said. "She was just being a little butthead."

"Yup. When she gets overly tired, she gets that way. I think butthead is a pretty apt description, honestly. Robert actually handles it better than anyone else."

"That's because he doesn't fool with it. He just picks her up and takes her to bed. You know he means business when he calls her Abigail," Angus said.

"Great mac and cheese, Angus," Mira said.

"Thanks, but in all honesty, the recipe isn't mine. I got it from a friend of mine who is a chef in New Orleans."

"That explains it," Gabe said. "The southern states are well known for some of the best mac and cheese anywhere."

"I'm really looking forward to that trifle," Mira said. "Can I just have that and a fork, please?" she teased.

"How about I get you a bowl?" Angus laughed. "Anyone else ready for dessert?"

"Just pass it 'round, Lad," Edward said. "I'm sure we'll all have some."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:31 pm

Ruby smiled at Mira as she said Abby had gone to sleep right away "thats good she needed it I think she was just exausted" she said " and I had no problems when we were in the tree house getting her to sleep." she sat back down as the trifle was placed on the table. " ho I love trifel too so your on" she said grinning as she held up her spoon.

"Ruby chuckled finishing her potion of trifel and chuckled " that was the best, and the mac and cheese was wonderful" she said and looked to Jess " but tomorrow I work all this off at the gym, oh Michael I finished the first book of animals " she told him
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:44 pm

"Well, I'm glad everyone liked it. And, Michael, there is almost no trifle left. By the time I take out some for Kaden, that's going to finish it. It sounds like tomorrow is going to be a very busy day for a Sunday," Angus said.

"I'm glad you made it through that book," Michael said. "So onto the next one, then, yes?"

Angus cleaned up the leftovers and stored them and set the washing up spell in place and then started in on breakfast prep. he was going to do a most unusual eggs benedict casserole. It was basically, a savory bread pudding with canadian bacon, eggs, some scallions, and a lovely hollandaise drizzled over it. He made up a large fresh fruit salad to go with it, and prepared a cheesy hashbrown potato casserole. That would only leave him putting the casseroles in the oven in the morning and making up a quick batch of scones of some sort. He got coffee and tea ready to turn on in the morning, poured a pitcher of orange juice and set it in the fridge to keep cold, and set the sideboard up for breakfast. By the time he was finished, the clock was just chiming 2 am. It had been a late night getting Khaat and Marcus home, and then supper had been late.

And he had to be up again by 4:30. This was one of those nights when heading back to the duplex almost made no sense. He only had time for a quick nap before it was all going to start all over again. And he had completely lost track of where Ru had gotten in the last couple of hours while he had been so tied up in the kitchen.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:51 pm

Ruby had gone to check on Abby, finding her sleeping still she ehaded to the kitchen but sat down on the couch. it had been so comfortable she had laid down and fallen asleep dreaming of Angus in the kitchen of their duplex wearing an aperon and nothing else her laughing and the sun shinning. Jess walked in to find Angus in the kitchen " you know she's asleep on the couch with a goofy grin on her face" she said as Jack walked past,

"we all know what is about." he chuckled as Jess threw a damp tea towel ay him " okay Im on patrol call if yiuy need me." he said heading to the door but he tossed the towel back to her making her laugh. " that was a wonderful meal Angus , thank you" she could not help but yawn " but right now you should sleep, Take Ruby and go sleep in your room here for one night."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:04 am

Angus laughed when they described finding Ruby with the grin on her face.

"I think I'll just be glad she doesn't talk in her sleep," Angus laughed. "I'm glad everyone enjoyed it. I'm starting to exchange some recipes with some chef friends, so hopefully that will give us a wider variety of things to try." She suggested they just go upstairs, and that was what he had been thinking too.

"Yeah. Makes no sense to go back to the duplex now when all I have time for is a nap," he said. "Good night, Jess." He took a blanket and simply covered Ruby, not having the heart to wake her up, and then he went upstairs, set the alarm, and stretched out on the bed, not even bothering to kick off his shoes, and was sound asleep almost instantly.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 100 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 65 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top