LONDON CALLING - Page 88
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 88 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 88 of 100 Previous  1 ... 45 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 94 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 88 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:36 am

"Trust me, Jack, it was not pretty," Robert laughed.

"You didn't miss much," Kate said. "You've seen one old man's bum, you've seen them all."

"Well, I can see what she thinks of you then, Robert," Brian laughed.

"Just wait, Robert, Michael said. "I'm biding my time."

"Which is Michael-speak for he's out of ideas," Robert said.

"Me? Out of ideas? Never," Michael said, with a mischievous grin. "I'm waiting for the proper time."

Most of the rest of them could not resist the butterbeer ice cream, the cookie bowl and the caramel sauce. Abbey finished her ice cream but she did it, yawning.

"I think it's past someone's bedtime," Kate said.

"Papa, read me my Stickee book? Pweeze?" Abbey said.

"Oh, alright," Robert said, unable to tell her no. "Come on. We'll do your bath in the morning." He picked her up. "I'll fit your brace when I come back down, Angus."

"That's fine. I'm not going anywhere," Angus said. Kate and Khaat volunteered to clear the dining room and the table and clean up the kitchen.

"Oh, Jessie, when you pack for our trip tomorrow, be sure to pack a smart suit, and some dress clothes. We have tickets from London to Budapest on none other than the Orient Express. And again from Budapest to London on our way back. We'll have to dress well on the train and then be able to dress in our camping and climbing clothes when we get to the mountains."

"It might feel like a bit of a come down," Michael laughed. "But I'm looking forward to the climbing."

"Hopefully you and I can take that trip together, maybe all the way to Istanbul before our kids turn 18," Angus teased Ruby.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:44 am

Jess looked at Robert and Michael and listened to their banter to which he laughed as he ate. Jessie looekd at Angus as he spoke of a suit and he nodded " got just the one" he said smiling as Ruby smiled back.

"yeah, he has only one suit" she said and Jessie gasped at her then chuckled. " meh she's right and its not my birthday suit ether" he said glancing to Michael. Ruby looked at Angus and smiled as she held his god hand gently.

"I'd like that." she said " I hear the food is wonderful and the staff are so skilled." she brushed her thumb over his " I can wait for things like that, just being like this with you is enough for me." she told him softly. She looked up as Robert spoke to Angus about strapping up his shoulder.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4198

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:58 am

They laughed when Ruby told them Jessie only had one suit.

"Should I tell him now?" Marcus asked Michael.

"Nah. Let him find out," Michael replied.

"Find out what?" Edward said.

"Jessie hasn't figured out yet that he's going to end up with a bulging closet and a whole rack of suits, including a couple of tuxes," Michael said. "Especially as a werewolf. We realize that for werewolves, clothes are disposable. So, he's going to end up with a huge closet. Mark my words, Jessie, a year from now, that big closet in your room is going to be crammed full of clothes for every occasion."

"I'm glad," Angus answered Ruby when she said she could wait.

When Robert came downstairs, he helped Angus fit his shoulder brace and showed Brian exactly how it was to fit. There was a sleeve that covered his left arm from just above his elbow all the way up and across his shoulder, and then a series of straps went around his chest and across his back. It was designed to make sure that the shoulder had a maximum of support but still allowed him some movement. It had an additional piece that could attach over the shoulder and could hold a cold pack or a heat pack to help to keep heat or ice on the shoulder as needed. Brian had seen his share of shoulder braces, but this one seemed to mean serious business. Once Robert was sure Brian knew how to help him put it on, Robert took it off Angus so he didn't have to wear it to bed.

As Robert was folding up the shoulder brace, Brian looked out the window.

"You two might want to go check out your duplex. There's a light on in one of the upstairs windows," Brian told them. Angus frowned.

"I'll go check it out," Angus told her. "I'm sure its nothing."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:06 am

Ruby chuckled at Marcus and Michael's banter towards her brother and smiled as Brain and Robert walked down putting on Angus's shoulder sling before saying there was a light on in the duplex. Ruby stood up and looked out the window. " so there is, I'll come with, you can't do much with that shoulder" she said taking his hand in her own ready to walk over to it. " I do hope its not another dark...thing" she said " or the sorceress." she shook her head a sthey moved to the back door.

Jess stood up and helped clear the table as Jack chuckled at Michael and Marcus " ho, thats so true, you don't know how many good suits I ruined, not so many recently but enough" Jack told Jessie " after some time you'll me glad of having so many," he looekd at Marcus and Michael " I'll send word to the tailer and have several sent over asap." he said and sent out another note, no sooner it disapeared pacakges arrived via floo all addressed to Jessie. " told ya." Jack said as Jessie gathered them up.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:15 am

"Keep close, just in case," Angus told her. He walked over to the duplex, thinking it was probably just that one of the contractors had forgotten to turn off a light upstairs or something. It was the first Angus had been in the house for awhile. It wasn't quite ready yet, but that was to be expected. Angus loved the smell of the fresh wood. It smelled fresh and clean. Angus called out in case someone was there, but he didn't hear any sort of reply. He walked through the house, and, finding nothing downstairs, he walked up the stairs, calling out again. And again, he heard nothing.

Then he opened the door to the master bedroom and saw someone had put double bed sized air mattress on the floor with a double sized sleeping bag and a couple of pillows, and it was lit with a couple of enchanted lanterns to cast a soft warm glow in the room. The window was open just a crack to let in some of the night air.

"Nice," Angus smiled. "Our first night together in our house. Ours. Yours and mine. What do you suppose we should do with so much privacy?" He kissed her slowly.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:24 am

Ruby followed Angus ready for anything as they moved threw the duplex she took in the smell and smiled loving the fresh cut wood smell that hung in the whole house. as he called out she jumped a little as it was quiet. She followed him up stairs to teh room that was lit then as he opened the door she gasped " wow." she said chukaling " let me guess Michael and Robert planned this?" she asked looking at the enchanted candels as she moved around the room. Looking out she smiled seeing Brains place off in the not to far distance. She turned as she heard him talk of their house and what they should do but was ment with his lips. " hum my thoughts exactly, " she said knowing it would be at least a few days before they would be like this again. " why don't we try that matress out" she said softly taking his hand and leading him to the bed. Turning she made the curtains close behind him shutting out the light from Brians.

Jess moved to Brian and chuckled seeing teh window curtains close " nice move Brain" she said " they realy needed tonight" she patted his shoulder before looking at Jack who had finished his desert and bowl. "Come on hun time to sleep we need to be up to make breakfast since Angus and the others leave for romania in the morning." she smiled a she glanced back at the window. Jessie looked out and chuckled to himself.

"im glad she found Angus, hes a good guy" he said " and there good together." he headed out to continue his patrol.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:37 am

"I don't think so," Angus said. "Michael's style would be more like a four poster bed with mosquito netting and tiny lights. He would be doing a much more well furnished look. I honestly think this was all Brian." He followed her to the air mattress on the floor and the sleeping bag. He was glad someone had thought to give them one night, at least one, in their new house before he left for Romania in the morning.

"She makes him happy," Brian said to them. "It's nice to see him getting serious about somebody. He isn't the type to be happy spending his life alone. I think she'll adjust alright. She'll learn how to be resilient through all the little bangs and bumps and bruises our jobs come with. And I really think when he gets past his own insecurities in himself, I think he's going to be as solid as a rock for her. She can get a little anxious from time to time, but he's the sort of guy that keeps calm in any crisis."

"Brian, you'd better get some sleep if you're traveling tomorrow," Robert said, coming in to do one last check of the doors, making sure they were all locked for the night.

"Yes, you're right. Good night, All," Brian said, heading upstairs.

Things were getting quiet for the night on the estate. The last thing Angus did before he went to sleep was to flick his fingers to open the drapes so he could lie in bed and look at the stars until he drifted off to sleep.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:46 am

Jess chuckled and nodded as did Jessie " I can't argue there but I hope when he asks her he dosn't go to our father for permishion, though she realy dosn't need it." he said stepping off the porch. Ruby opened her eyes a little and saw him open the curtains again. Snuggling againsy him she smiled

"Beautiful " she said sleepily as she looked at him then looked at the stars above them. she rested her arm across him as she felt her self now contented slip into a light sleep. Jess moved with Jack up the stairs to their room and both went to sleep.

Next moring Jess was up early cooking and making sandwiches for the guys trip to Romania not wanting to disterb Angus or Ruby in the duplex. Jack had taken over from Jessie and all was quiet as she hummed making Smokey Bacon, Potato and Cheddar Hash along with some Raspberry Breakfast Bars the guys could take with them on their trip
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:46 pm

Angus was up early because he hadn't packed a single thing. Much as he hated to go, he was off to Romania today. He apparated back to their room in the main house, and he set out one of his black dinner jacket, trousers, white shirt, and tie, black dress shoes, and a jeweled accessory set that included ruby cufflinks and a ruby tie bar and a ruby lapel pin. It was all enclosed in a small velvet box that made it easy for travel.

He also laid out a lightweight linen suit and cast a spell on it to make it wrinkle free. He knew that it was certainly going to be warm, so he was planning on dressing as cool as possible. And attire on the Orient Express was always dressier than normal. Men generally wore tuxes to dinner, and they wore suits during the day. He packed a pair of silk pajama trousers and a silk robe for bed.

While they were on the trail, though, his clothes were going to be about as opposite as they could be. He packed a few pairs of hiking trousers, jeans, sweatpants, t shirts, a couple long sleeved shirts to protect himself from insects, a hoodie, a lightweight waterproof jacket and a heavier one, a pair of climbing shoes, a pair of hiking shoes, some long underwear in case it got cold in the mountains, a few pairs of shorts for when they weren't in higher altitudes and it got hot, his retractable hiking pole, his leg gaiters, his swiss army knife, and his climbing gloves and hats. He had a whole separate list of things just for gear. It was going to require a lot since it wasn't just hiking or climbing. It was hiking and climbing and then five star luxury. This was going to require some heavy duty magic to manage to pack it all.

He was prepared, though. Edward had somehow found a unique thing for him that he had bought for Angus one year for Christmas. It was a rolling, carry on bag made of waterproof nylon, and it had almost endless pockets and compartments, and it also converted very easily to a hiking backpack. He had to shrink everything, and he packed it very carefully so that his clothes for the orient express were in one area of his bag and the hiking gear was in another, and the climbing gear was in another. He also had a separate pocket for a couple books, a puzzle book filled with crosswords and brain teasers, a pen, a deck of cards, and he even had a little magical box that had some shrunken board games in. The games could easily be resized to be enjoyed.

Since they were boarding the Orient Express at Victoria Station in London, he dressed in a linen expedition suit jacket with a vest. He tucked his aviator sunglasses in his breast pocket of his jacket. He was completely dressed and packed and then saw the shoulder brace. He'd almost forgotten it. Marcus showed up just right at that moment and helped him put it on over top of his shirt and vest and then helped him get his suit coat on. Angus did not like the look at all of the black brace over top of his white shirt and linen colored vest, so Marcus, being well experienced at how to dress for formal occasions, flicked his wand at the brace and changed its color to white so it blended in more effectively with his dress shirt.

Marcus flicked his wand at Angus's bag, casting a spell on it to make it feel more lightweight, and then he took it downstairs for Angus, and they talked on the way about the upcoming train trip. Marcus had traveled by the Orient Express several times when he had worked for the Minister of Magic for Bulgaria.

"I smell breakfast," Angus said. "It smells great, Jess. Can I help you with anything?" She looked like she had it all well in hand, but he offered anyway. He poured himself a mug of coffee, and Marcus set Angus's bag over near the door with someone else's bag that was already sitting there.

"What time does the train leave?" Kate asked, coming into the kitchen.

"It always leaves platform 2 at Victoria Station at 10 am sharp," Marcus said. "They will take the English pullman train to the coast, and that will serve usually a nice brunch, and then from there, there's a short bus ride through the tunnel into Calais where they will actually board the Orient express late in the afternoon. The Orient Express leaves at about 5:30, so they'll need to be there by about 4:30. They need to be at Victoria Station this morning no later than 9 to get checked in and get on board the pullman."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:00 pm

ruby woke to an empty air bed and knew he'd gone back to the main house to pack. Dressing she made her way over and smiled smelling the food " morning" she said walking over to Angus and kissing his cheek she saw his bag and nodded "You have everything?" she asked " did you pack a kit in there for any blisters or falls while hiking?" she asked not sure if they had thought of it then listened to Marcus speck of their itinery. Jess chuckled and accioed two kits to the table.

"Here, better to be prepared." she said then looked at them " its Smokey Bacon, Potato and Cheddar Hash along with some Raspberry Breakfast Bars that you can add to your hiking food supply as they'll keep." she added placing the has and bars on the table so every one can eat. Jack walked in with Jessie both talking about the animals in the barn and the grounds.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 88 of 100 Previous  1 ... 45 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 94 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top