LONDON CALLING - Page 96
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 96 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 96 of 100 Previous  1 ... 49 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 96 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:20 am

Ruby listened as she finished her salad and nodded " I agree I'll speak to Robert myself when we get back." she told him when the waiter walked over she nodded to him then looked at Angus " that would be perfect." she said " I hear you on that, mine was all about setteling down having lots of kids, making my husband proud to have me as a wife." she sighed and rolled her eyes " thats all good and well but Im indipendant and strong willed, I want to see some of the world I live in, live a little." she said.

When he mentioned she probably would not get seasick then asked how many times she'd been on a boat she chuckled " I think I have only been on a boat once before, that was coming over here, I prefered to take my time, gives me time to think." she told him as the waiter placed down their coffees.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 3828

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:35 am

"No offense," he frowned, "but your parents are complete gits--both of them. The only thing I want for you is for you just to be happy. And, honestly, it's what I would want for my kids--for them to be safe and happy. And if you want to see the world, we'll see the world. It's just that simple.

"Look, we're both 32, and the truth is that wizards live longer than muggles, so we have time for children, if we ever make that choice. For now, we both work for a family that, at the drop of a hat, could be sent to some remote corner of the globe. That's why having someone like Giles and Diane on retainer is such a necessity. We have all learned, even if we do prefer to travel light, to have huge closets to accommodate all sorts of nations and climates and occasions. You'll learn to have a small duffel bag and a very large closet--just like the rest of us. So, you will end up seeing more of the world than you ever thought possible because, simply, that's Robert's world and we're all a part in it.

"And, because I've not found anyone to spend my life with--not yet anyway, I've been stacking up my salary in the bank, and I'm due to have some inheritance in its proper time. I'm not independently wealthy, but I'm nowhere near destitute either. We have plenty to do some traveling on. So, what's your idea of travel? 5 star luxury? Survival training in a Siberian winter? Or something in between? Just how adventurous are you, Ruby Tyler?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:46 am

Ruby smiled listening to Angus talk and she nodded " yeah there old fashioned I guess." she told him then smiled wider as he spoke again she couldn't argue with him about what he said. "Then I know I will love being with you and your Family and I will get use to having a large closet."

she heard him asked how adventurios she was and scrunched her nose at the mention of five star, " oh gods, no five star, I think camping under the stars, out door cooking bathing in a fresh water stream, seeing everything and one as nature intended." She could not help the slight tease at him as she sipped her coffee.

Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:59 am

"That's good," Angus said, "because I really don't care for caviar anyway. I've had it, but it isn't my idea of fine cuisine. My father's idea of adventure is a gamble on the stock market, and I'm afraid my mother is not into adventure at all. My brothers feel like they're really being naughty if they traverse to a muggle golf course and play a full 18 holes. And then there's me. I really should have just been hatched by Edward to begin with," he laughed. "He's the only one I'm blood related to that I have anything in common with, and he knows it. Truth be told, they don't know it yet, but he's disinherited the entire lot of them, down to his last pence and galleon. When that day comes, they're going all going to be completely beside themselves because every single thing he owns--it all comes to me--lock, stock and barrel--because he knows I'll manage it right." He finished his coffee as the waiter brought the tab, and Angus paid it, leaving a generous tip for a wonderful meal.

"Whenever you're ready," he said, "we'll port over to Edward's and pick up the boat from Evan--and then you'll have my complete undivided attention for the next two weeks."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:08 am

Ruby listened to Angus and nodded " yu do know Im not with you for your money right." she said " im with you for you, pysicaly, its your body Im after not your money" she said and chuckled as she stood and watched him pay for the food " that was a realy good meal, hope you gave them a good tip." she took his hand in her own and smiled at him as they left for Edward's place.

Apparing she stood taking in the sight " its beautiful." she said about the house and estate. " oh and I will so be there to see their faces the day that happens" she had heard him say she would have his undivided attenshion once they got the boat " thats good becuse you.." she placed her hand on his chest " need to unwind..well so do I but still" she grinned cheekily at him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:38 am

"I know," Angus said, laughing. He knew she hadn't been attracted because of any lure of money because when they had given into a relationship, she hadn't known he had any. "And, yes, I was generous. It was a good lunch with great service, and I let them know we appreciated it."

When they ported into Edward's place the smell of the sea air and of flowers was thick all around them. He led her up the pathway towards the house, and the flowers were in full bloom all around them.

"My grandfather planted all of these for my grandmother when they first moved here, and over the years, they've just really flourished. He wanted her to be surrounded in flowers...." He saw a man on the front terrace, talking on a muggle cell phone. He had hair that was a lighter brown than Angus's was, wasn't nearly as muscular, and was dressed in an expensively tailored three piece beige linen suit.

"Evan," Angus said to her. "He loves what he calls the 'good life.' I think that life would make me entirely miserable." He led the way up the walk to Evan who finished his phone call.

"Angus," Evan smiled. "It's been...how long?"

"Since Christmas the year before last," Angus said.

"Oh, yeah. That's right."

"Ruby, this is Evan Donohue, my brother. Evan, this is Ruby Tyler, my date."

"Well, finally, Angus has a girlfriend," Evan laughed. "Nice to meet you, Ruby. He's the only one of us who hasn't settled down yet. Anyway, the boat is all ready for you. Here are the keys." He handed Angus a gold key ring with gold keys. "You'll be taking the 53 today."

"Why the devil am I taking the 53?" Angus frowned. "I don't need anything that bloody big."

"Because the others are hired out for the week. It's all I've got. Take it or leave it."

"Oh, fine," Angus sighed. "We'll take it."

"It's out in the first slip. We've moved it up for you. It's fueled up with a full tank and fully stocked, and yes, I had the house opened, refreshed and fully stocked. You shouldn't need for a thing. Will you want the maid on Thursdays?"

"No, no maid. We can manage to pick up after ourselves, but thanks all the same."

"You do realize that will leave you with no one on the island until you decide to leave, right?"

"Sounds perfect," Angus said. "I don't want to see anyone else until I decide to leave. That's the whole idea."

"Radio in when you dock so I can tell Edward you arrived safely," Evan said. Angus bristled that Evan didn't call Edward as Grandfather. Angus felt it was blatant disrespect, but Evan had never been that close to Edward because he was so very different from Edward.

"We will," Angus said, as Evan's cell phone rang again. Evan answered it, and Angus took advantage of it to escape Evan. He led her across the yard and down the back yard to the docks where a large 53 foot cabin cruiser awaited them. "There she is, ready and waiting," Angus told her.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:53 am

Ruby walked with Angus up to the house she could see a man stood with a phone to his ear and she already didn't like him, and she wasn't even a seer. When he spoke to Angus and was introduced she smiled and shook his hand " pleasre to meet you, well were not planing anything like that just yet" she said taking her hadnback from him. Watching them talk she saw the slight change in Angus as Evan spoke of Edwards using his name and not calling him Grandfather.

Turning slightly to face Angus she palced her hand on his arm as he continued to talk to Evan before he moved to talk on his phone again " no offence but what a..." she paused " he couldn't leve his phoen for one moment." she said but she was happy when they walked down to the dock towards a large white boat. " wow, shes perfect" she said
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:12 am

Angus laughed out loud.

"You captured him spot on," he said, amused. "That's precisely what he is. You'll meet my other brother, Tyler, at some point. He's not nearly so bad. Tyler runs the vineyard and the olive oil operation. He's much more down to earth. He has no heart for adventure either. He's a farmer through and through, basically. He lives and breathes for wine and olives and olive oil. It's not such a bad thing, but again, it's not my thing. My father saw to it that my sisters married into money, so they're stay at home mums, obligated to produce heirs for their socialite husbands. God, my father has polluted so many lives--except mine, I suppose. Anyway, here we are." He climbed on board and then helped her on as well. Then he plopped down their bags in the main salon and gave her the short tour of the boat and showed her where the helm was.

"This is where I will be for the trip. You're welcome to sit up here with me, or go anywhere on the boat you like--except overboard. That would not be a good thing," he teased. "I'm sure they've put cold drinks in the fridge and probably snacks in the cabinets, so help yourself. I'm going to get us underway."

He left her briefly to go cast off. Once they were free of the dock, he settled in to the helm seat for the trip. The water was as smooth as glass, and Angus didn't foresee any issues.

"I had almost forgotten how much I like this," he told her. "About the only time I get to go boating anymore is when the team goes on holiday. It's one of the things they fall back on most when they take some time off."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:21 am

Ruby laughed and nodded when he spoke of his other brother she nodded as they walked to the boat when he reatched out to help her on to it she accepted. " I think your dad and mine would make a good or bad pair" she told him as she stepped on board she fell forward into his chest and chuckled.

She was taken a back by how nice it was inside the cabin. " I'll probably stay out side with you, nothing beats the sound of the water on a calm night, right." she said as she moved to the galley, opening the cupboards she smiled seeing them filled with things they needed. But she knew that she wanted fresh food not tins or processed. Grabbing a cold soda she moved up to sit beside him feeling the rock of the boat as it moved.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:42 am

"Well, unless the boat breaks down, we should still have some hours of daylight left when we land," he smiled. "Still, if it's starlight you want tonight, I can give you starlight. Have I got an experience for you." He knew he had something for tonight that he was positive she was going to love, but he wasn't going to spoil it.

It was a very smooth sailing, and he docked the boat when they arrived cleanly and smoothly, turning off the engine and pocketing the keys.

"And, so, here we are, all alone for 14 glorious days," he kissed her. "Come with me. Everything you see is ours for now." He went to the salon and got the bags and then led her off the boat and up the dock to show her the lush, green island with tress and flowers and plants of all sorts, and spectacular sand beach all the way around it. At the center of the island was an old Tuscan tower that had had an addition put on it a long, long time ago to make a gorgeous, large home for a large family, and a well kept cobblestone path led up the beach to the house. He chucked the bags onto the sand, took her face in his hands and kissed her slowly, unbuttoning her blouse.

"I don't plan on wasting a single moment," he said to her softly.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 96 of 100 Previous  1 ... 49 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top