LONDON CALLING - Page 34
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 34 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 34 of 100 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 67 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 34 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Kaden Phoenix Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:53 am

Jack listened to Kate talk about the owls and chuckled " um.. it would be good but we have a kind of night vishion." he told her" we see just as well in the twilight, but yeah could be good to have a high flier that can see in the night." he said looking at the little grey puffballs.

Kaden nodded and looked at Edward as he spoke aying his family was big. then he looked at Robert as he too spoke about Edwards past and how he originaly wanted to be a feild medic. " oh having a feild medic would be a blessing" Kaden said with a smile. then he ehard him mention the assault course and he held up his hands " wow im a healer and a lover not a fighter I don't do roughing it, I'll leave that to Kaden and you all." he chuckled as he spoke. " St Mungos is my speed, but thank you for the offer."
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:26 am

"You could take this fine boy out some night just to see how you get on," Kate said. "I could teach you his commands so that he responds to you. This lad works to whistles. I have different whistles that mean different things to him. It wouldn't take you long to learn, unless you have a tin ear. If you're musically inclined at all. it won't take you long. I'd have to go with you a time or two, at least for a short bit. I am aware you have better sight at night than I do. Remus did too. But, yes, a flyer is still very helpful at times."

Michael laughed out loud at Kaden's decline of the survival course. That was precisely how Michael had pegged Kaden. He did not see Kaden in a lean-to made of pine branches somewhere out in the snow in sub-zero weather and surviving by eating leaves and roots.

"So no fishing with a shoelace for you, is that it?" Michael teased gently.

"You can't fish with a shoelace either," Edward told Michael.

"The devil I can't," Michael scowled. "I'll have you know I took the largest trout in last year's exercises."

"And the year before you couldn't catch even a nibble?" Edward frowned.

"Now that was grossly exaggerated," Michael said. "Someone was jealous."

"Then I challenge you to a fishing contest," Edward said. "20 pounds say I'll take it."

"Oh, you're on," Michael said, unable to resist. "Would you like to just turn over your money now?" Edward laughed out loud.

"You're full of beans, Tremaine," Edward said.

"He's full of something, and it isn't beans," Robert said. Edward looked at Robert.

"Your pain potion has long worn off, and you're tiring badly. It's time you gave this up and went home."

"I can't," Robert said. "I have to meet with the team."

"We," Edward corrected. "Go have a short rest, and I'll get settled in. An hour won't hurt. Then we'll do it together."

"Oh, very well," Robert said. "Kaden, would you have Jessie bring me the large inventory log from this year, and hopefully you find a thick pocket sized journal. That is one that I definitely need. Could you send both of those home with him, please?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaden Phoenix Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:37 am

Jack nodded to Kate " I think Jessie would be best, I kinda am tone deaf." he said embareassed to admit, or so Jess tells me if I try and sing in the shower." he chuckled and looked at the owls. " I'll take to Jessie, he might be up for it." He looked at the other owls and how they sat and fluffy they were too but he also knew they were deadly too.

Kaden looked at Michael and Edward then to Robert and chuckled shaking his head as he listened "Oh no, thats definatly not me, the only fish I like comes in batter or on a plate with a side salad." he told them then listened to their banter. He looked over at Robert as he mentioned two books one a log the other a jurnal. " oh we found those." he said and moved to the desk opening a draw he pulled out he mentioned books and held them close to him.

"You can take them with you now or I'll send them later with a full report of how the restock is going, but as you can see the repairs are almost done." he mentioned holding out the two books Robert wanted " but I have to agree with Mr Donahugh that you need rest."
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:55 am

"Well, maybe I should train up a young one that will respond to voice commands instead," she laughed. "I think we're finished here. Let's get back to the house. Michael should be coming back soon to make the side dishes for dinner tonight with his beef ribs."

"We'll take those books with us," Edward said. "I'd like to get a look at them myself while he rests. Come along, Robert. Enough for you for a bit."

"Oh, alright," Robert sighed. Michael and Edward stood up to leave, and Robert relented and decided neither Michael or Edward would take no for an answer. He got up, and the three of them went back to the farm.

Michael insisted Robert go to his room and rest awhile. When they went inside, they saw Kate was starting to work on some of the sides for dinner. She was cutting cabbage and carrots for the cole slaw. Michael saw the concern on Kate's face about Robert but she wisely said nothing until Robert had left the room and gone to the bedroom.

"What is wrong with him, Michael?" Kate asked, frustrated. "He's not himself."

"Well, we've figured out that Gelding has been coming after Robert. There was another minor incident that he brushed off that does seem now to us like it was Gelding."

"You mean Tom Gelding has tried three times to kill Robert?"

"That's exactly what I mean," Michael said.

"Well, he can't have him. You need to stop him," Kate frowned.

"We intend to," Edward said calmly, kissing her on the cheek. "Hello, Kate."

"Hello, Edward," Kate said. "Tom Gelding can have no one. You both understand me? None of us. Its time we went on the offensive. we need to get him before he can get us."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaden Phoenix Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:03 am

Jack nodded sheepishly " might be best" he said and chuckled at her responce. Now following her back to the main house at the mention of ribs he he felt his tomach grumble " sorry, ribs always gets me hungry" he said as Jess walked out to meet him.

Kaden handed Robert the books and went back to stocking some shelves with empty potion jars. He heard them leave and breathed out knowing Robert was pushing himself.

Jessie heard them returning and was glad Robert returned with them. He headed out for the patrol and nodded to Jack as he pased him and Kate returning to the house. Jess moved to the kitchen " I can help with the sides if you wish, many hands ,make light work" she said as she washed her hads clean. " Abby's playing with Mia in the playroom."
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:15 am

"That would be nice," Kate said.

"I brought several ears of sweet corn. We need to shuck it and get it ready to put on the grill," Michael said. He got a book out of his shopping basket and opened it to the right page and handed it to Jess. "Here's the recipe for the herb and parmesan cheese butter that goes with the corn. We'll roast the corn right on the cob and then spread it with the herb and cheese butter before we serve it. I'll put some potatoes in foil and tuck them in the coals to roast them. They'll cook in no time. I'll work up the barbeque sauce for the ribs. I had planned on making a batch of dark chocolate brownies swirled with caramel, but I haven't had time to do that, I'm afraid."

"Did Robert put you up to this menu?" Edward asked.

"Whatever do you mean?" Michael asked.

"He's fattening us up so we last longer on the survival course," Edward said. Michael burst into contagious laughter at Edward's remark

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaden Phoenix Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:31 am

Jess chuckled and go right to the corn placing it in the microwave she set it to four minets per corn and went to grab a bowl. " I could do those while the corn is heating" she said and began to gather the ingreidiants for the chocolate brownies swirled with caramel and began mixing them. Once the microwave pinged she took the corn out placing them on a cutting board and took off the end to then slid out the corn from inside into a bowl.

Jack watched them cook as Jessie walked in and pretended to wipe Jacks mouth for him. " I can apreciate good food and its preperation" he said making Jessie chuckle. They both heard Edward quip and gasped at him " speak for your self sir." Jack said smirking. He glanced over and saw Jess place the brownie mix into the dish and place it into the oven to cook.

" how long does it take to train an owl Kate?" Jack asked and Jessie looked at him suprised.

"an owl, an actual own?" he asked and Jack nodded.

"yes, Kate sugested we could use on on our night patrols, eyes in the sky type of thing." he told Jessie who was beaming.

"oh please say I can be in on this, I love owls and how they flight so silet at night." Jessie said to both Kate and Jack. Jack laughed and placed his hand on Jessie shoulder.

"well if Kate agrees you can learn the signels and commands rather than me, since Im guessing your not tone deaf like me." Jack told him and Jessie grinned.

"no, Im not tone deaf, I can hold a tune so Kaden says." Jessie told him.
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:51 am

"Well, we're fortunate in two ways. First, we're wizards. We can train animals faster. And, second, Kate can speak to birds of prey. That means that training comes down to actually talking to them and explaining what we need and why and making friends with them enough that they will gladly help you because they value you that much," Michael said. "I've seen her work with birds. She's marvelous. If anyone else trains a bird, it can be months and months. With Kate, she can get it done in far less time. I've seen her do it."

"I've got a few at Brian's that I've been working with for awhile," Kate said. "Tawny owls are best at night. They're smaller blokes, but they've got superior vision. They only weigh a pound or two. The fisher owls can weigh up to eight pounds. Archangel, for comparison, weights 15 pounds. So these a little buggars but they're accurate and fast and as loyal as the day is long. I've got a little tawny that is almost completely trained up. His name is Gizmo, and he's young, outgoing, and eager to please. I think you might like him. I can give you little bits of fish or meat to carry with you if you want to try him out sometime. Tawny understands both whistles and voice commands. He's rather unique in that sense."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaden Phoenix Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:01 am

Jessie grinned as he listened to them talking " wow A Tawny Owl can travel at speeds of up to 50 miles per hour." Jessie said leaning on the back of the couch " excuse my langage, but their fast fuckers." he said " oh when can we start the training?" Jessie was bouncing like kid at christmas waiting to open his presents.

"wow calm down, its late right now and we have trainning to do, maybe when Kate has time and the others feel its time we can slide it in." Jack said then took a deep breath in as Jess took out of the oven the brownies and set them aside to cool.

"but a Tawny Owl, Jack" Jessie said in a slight whine tone to his voice.

"Ok, time to relax a little guys, food almost done, Michael, corns done, the butter will be ready soon and will be resting in the fridge. " she was use to talk while working so she had almost finished her list as she moved around the kitchen cleaning up.
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:36 am

"You'd think it was Christmas the way they're excited about this bird," Michael said, amused. "I'll go get the ribs."

He went out to the smoker, cut each rack into sections of 3 or 4 ribs per section and then put the sections on a platter, piled high. He served some more sauce on the ribs and then brought them into the house. It was enough to feed them all with plenty of leftovers.

"What do you think?" Michael said, putting the platter on the table. "Now, I'll go get some wet washcloths. The way they do it in Texas is that you eat the ribs with your fingers and eventually, you wipe your hands clean with the wash cloth." He brought wet washcloths and made sure everyone had one. Edward called Robert from the bedroom, telling him it was time for dinner.

"That looks wonderful," Robert said. "It also looks like it could feed this entire team for about three days." Edward laughed.

"It won't last that long, I guarantee," Michael said. "Come eat, All."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 100 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 67 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top