LONDON CALLING - Page 67
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 67 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 67 of 100 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 83 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 67 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Kaden Phoenix Tue May 31, 2022 2:26 am

Jessie thought for amoment and spoke up " why not have the wolves on the mountain stake it out they would be less conspicuious." he said " plus there sense of smell is better than ours." He said looking at both Robert and Edward. " Im sure if we ask they would help" Jack looked deep in thought and nodded.

"yeah I can go ask them and take something of Khaats so they can get the scent." he hoped it would work and safe on their legs. " unless you real want us to go their even though he knows our faces."

Ruby added egg and peas and a little cooked diced chicken to the rice tasting some she smiled and nodded to her self that it was perfect. " okay rice is done , hope your hungry and like it." she chirpped up. " oh I added some extra ingrediants too."
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Tue May 31, 2022 2:36 am

"Wait. What wolves? The wolves at my farm or here on the estate? How would we get them to Paris? We'd take a pack of wild wolves to stake out Gelding's house in Paris? I'm not following you. How would that work? Alright. I see your point though that they know you. So you two are out. You can't go. They'd know you."

"I'll go," Edward said. "Gelding doesn't know me. And I'll take Mira with me. I can't take you or Brian, Robert. They probably see visions of you in their sleep. They know your faces entirely too well. And they know Angus. That leaves relative strangers to go, like Gabe and Mira. I can't say whether they know jess or not because I don't know if she's ever gone deep enough on a mission to be recognizable."

"I'm sure your rice is going to be perfect with the chicken," Kate said. "I'll just go set the table quickly so we can eat. Is the chicken ready? I'm sure everyone is probably hungry."

"I'm going whether they know me or not," Robert said. "She's my only child. I'm going."

"Well, since she's my only wife, I'm not staying either," Brian said.

"Well, we can't all go. There's not much bloody stealth in that," Michael frowned.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaden Phoenix Tue May 31, 2022 2:43 am

Ruby nodded and looked at the pair of them talking " do they always act this way?" she asked " Hey! I could go they don't know my face" she offered " I could go with Michael or whom ever you send." Jessie stood up quickly.

"oh no mom would never forgive me if anything happened to you." he said to her she tapped her foot and rolled her eyes at him.

"oh give me a break, mom knows what I do for a living even if dad disagrees." she told him " beside your my little brov not my keeper., it makes sense, they don't know me from eve." Jack moved to set the table with crockery and cutlry ready for dinner as Ruby walked back and began placing the food on the table. Jess removed the cheese cake from the fridge and placed it on the side tabe.

"I think we should eat first and decide once we all have full tummys." Jess said motioning to the now laid and food filled table.
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Tue May 31, 2022 2:51 am

"Pretty much, yes," Michael answered Ruby. "Evidently their hike in the forest was too much for them today."

"If you want to go, Ruby, I don't have any objections," Brian said. "After all, we might well be taking Mira, and she's younger than you."

"Well, I know Gelding and his goons certainly know me, but if he thinks we wouldn't come looking for Khaat, he's lost his mind," Angus said "Besides, i know Gelding's little minor hidey holes better than all of you. Remember, I ran the safehouse for a long time before you brought me here."

"Another valid point," Robert acknowledged. "Jess is right. Let's go eat. It will give us all a few minutes to think. Where's Abbey?"

"She's with Mira," Kate said. "They were playing dress up with some of my things in my room."

"Hard saying how they'll come to dinner then," Angus laughed. "I know what Abbey's tried to do with some of Khaat's things. I'll go get them while the rest of you go into the dining room. I won't be long. It smells too good to miss." He went upstairs

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaden Phoenix Tue May 31, 2022 3:07 am

Ruby smiled smugly at Jessie who sat back down with Kaden. Humming softly she moved to the table and started dishing up the food for every one. " oh I would love to know about that, personaly not profeshonally mind you.." She said smilingas she watched Angus leave to fetch Abby and Mira. Jack and Jess sat down and waitied for the others poring out some water for each other as did Jessie and Kaden.

" have you spoken to dad at all?" she asked Jessie who shook his head " don't blame you after the blow up that he did on you, it was so unfare." she said she looked up at Jessie " I don't care who you like or want to be with, not my place anyway." she sipped her water.
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Tue May 31, 2022 3:18 am

"Gabe," Robert said, "we have a lead that Khaat and Marcus might well be in Paris somewhere."

"Gelding has them?"

"Fenrir thinks so. We got an owl from him," Robert replied.

"Then we go to Paris. Sounds pretty simple to me," Gabe replied. "Let's check out his thugs and eventually they'll muck it up and lead us right to her."

"Essentially, I had the same thought," Robert said, "but it means a stakeout and Gelding knows most of us."

"I'm in," Gabe said quickly. "You've done enough for me and for Mira. I'm in."

"Fine. Might I take Mira too?"

"Me?" Mira's face lit up brighter than any Christmas tree. She fairly jumped out of her seat at the table with excitement.

"Settle half a tick, would you?" Gabe asked her. "How much front line action would she see?"

"She's be backup for a primary partner, some adult fighter. And not before we've had a chance to see if she can hold her own in a duel. I don't take anyone into action if they're untried. Oh, and that does mean you too, Ruby. I want to see your skills for myself. Your grades are one thing, but how you actually hold up in a duel is a completely different matter."

"He really does have exceptionally tight training requirements. Just so you both know," Brian said. "Where do you think I got my training from? And I'm still learning. Are you ladies up for a sparring match to see if you qualify?"

"If I qualify!" Mira seemed almost offended. "I'll qualify. But sure. Bring it."

"After supper," Brian said, trying not to show how amused he was.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaden Phoenix Tue May 31, 2022 3:35 am

Jessie sighed and rolled his eyes at Brians words but understood what he ment. Ruby smiled at Mia " wow a realy test, nice" she said grinning, though you do know I have been in duels before, Im mean out in the world as part of my job." she looked up at Brian " but I'll do as you ask and ask no questions." she started to eat and glanced at her borther.

"huh thats a first." Jessie said seeing her pull a tounge at him but smirk at the same time. " you think you can handle whats being asked?" he asked her and she nodded.

"yep, watch for men coming and going and where they go to, same as my normal job" she said and chuckled taking some of the chicken.

"Thats what im worried about, its not your ushual job though, its two of our families lives on the line." he said Ruby place down her fork and look at him.

"Jayjay, I know what Im getting into and I know whats on the line, Im fully able to help get them back, I want to help you and your family even if Im only here tempererily, Im still your sis." she told him holding his hand in her own.
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Tue May 31, 2022 5:27 am

After a delicious dinner, Brian went outside with Mira to spar with her. Robert followed, intending only to watch.

"You want to do a few warm up exercises?" Brian offered her.

"Nope. I've got this. Let's do it," she nodded confidently. Brian could see that beneath all the attempts at bravery, she was a bundle of nerves.

"Alright, Nothing larger than a stun spell, got it?" Brian asked. She was still a child, and he didn't want to risk any sort of harm to her. Brian glanced back towards the house and saw Gabe had decided to watch from a window. He did not want to add to her anxiety by coming outside with her. He wanted her to know that he believed she could do this and that he wasn't concerned about it.

"Alright," Mira agreed. They took positions in the yard and bowed. Brian gave her plenty of time to try to take a shot at him but she seemed to be waiting on him. He used an expelliarmus to disarm her. She snatched her wand back up quickly and returned wand fire with an expelliarmus of her own but she was rattled. The shot wasn't anywhere near him.

"Wait," Robert called. "One moment." Robert drew his own wand and went over to Mira. "Breathe," he told her. "You're entirely too tight."

"He's...." she began, unsure really of what she wanted to say.

"Calm," he said. "You're trying entirely too hard. Now, with me, then. Alright, Brian. Give me a moment until she loosens up a bit ." Robert worked with Mira to change her stance so she wasn't such a large target and changed her grip to help her be more flexible. He helped her loosen up her wand arm, her shoulder, and her wrist. Then he fitted himself close to her so he could fit his own arm against hers and practiced the stance with her until she got the hang of it.

"Now, he's going to aim and fire, and you're going to guard yourself and then return fire. Like this." they practiced the move with her, and she seemed to get it very quickly. Robert stepped back a couple steps from her and let them try the duel again.

In the end, Brian set her on her bum a couple of times, but Robert and Brian both saw huge potential in her to be an excellent dueler. She had the desire, and she learned quickly. She learned by feel, and once she could feel what the right stance or technique was, it relatively easy for her to use it.

"Well done," Robert told her. "Alright, let's see how Ruby does. Ruby, are you ready to take on Brian?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaden Phoenix Tue May 31, 2022 8:53 pm

Jerssie followed Ruby out the door to watch mia duel Brian. Both stood watching. Both stood impressed well except Jessie and Jck they knew she would be good. Jack left to do his patrol leaving Jessie and Ruby watching. Once done Ruby was about to return inside when she heard her name called. Turning she looked from Robert  to Brian and back.

"hum...sure, but forgive me if im not that good, I haven't dueled in a while." she said and accioed her wand. Moving to face Brian she stood slightly to one side, her wand down at her side but she brought it up in front of her face in a sulute to him. Then with one arm slightly behind her back she readied herself with her eyes watching him for his move.
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue May 31, 2022 9:23 pm

"Nothing more powerful than a stun," Robert said, setting some clear rules. "We're not necessarily looking for a win or a lose. We're only looking to check out your skills. I refuse to send anyone into a situation that is over their heads."

"Being a little out of practice is certainly not a sin," Brian said. "Not every witch or wizard gets into the kinds of situations that we do, so no forgiveness necessary. Lighten up about this little match and perhaps think of it as a little bit of fun."

Brian gave her the traditional dueling greeting and then took his stance. He had learned over the years to stand sideways so that the trunk of his body wasn't as much of an open target, and he had learned to develop strength in his arms and shoulders to maintain a safe fighting stance for a significant period of time.

"Incarcerous!" Brian fired a binding spell at Ruby.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23615
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Page 67 of 100 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 83 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top